Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    libragirl wrote:
    I really didnt like them live but bought The Woods. It's not bad at all.

THE WOODS is awesome as hell! One of my fav albums ever...no doubt about it.

*coughcough*
    What's Mine Is Yours! What's Mine Is Yours! What's Mine Is Yours!
    :D;)

Ok now I need to go listen to that one.
    Distortion anyone? ;) haha.

What a kick ass album!
    Glad it's working for ya libragirl!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    The Fox is just brutal...Janet fucking rocks on The Woods.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    The Fox? Speaking of Stoney G huh? "The duck". :p
    Yeah, that song ain't messing around.
    I totally understand how Ed blew his speakers blastin THE WOODS. ;):D

viggs20 wrote:
    Janet fucking rocks on The Woods.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's mindblowing!
    She does some "brutal" overtime on this album.
    That's no joke!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    P.S. I finally witnessed the NOT FOR YOU/MODERN GIRL tag in Camden! :D!!!
    Super Happy times!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I was impressed with them when they opened for PJ back in '03. I went to their website and downloaded a few of their free songs and really liked those enough to go out and get a few albums. They are unique and a little unconventional, but I'll be damned if they don't have some catchy tunes.

Lately, I've been playing One Beat a lot. Love the sound off that record.
  • Options
    Is Dig Me Out a good album to start with? I want to see if I like SK, but I am not sure what album to start with. I almost bought Dig Me Out this weekend, but then I couldn't decide so I came home empty-handed (I hate that feeling).
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Is Dig Me Out a good album to start with? I want to see if I like SK, but I am not sure what album to start with. I almost bought Dig Me Out this weekend, but then I couldn't decide so I came home empty-handed (I hate that feeling).
    Great album.............one of my faves.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Is Dig Me Out a good album to start with?
    Hell yes it is!:D I highly recommend that you get it! Perfect place to start things too.
    Honestly if I had to a pick fav that would be it. :) I am SO IN LOVE with that album.

Meddledeal knows how I feel about that one.
    ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    oh yeah, TOTALLY Dig Me Out is one of VEDHEAD's favorites!! :D I personally dig it myself. You just can't help it but dance to this and you know what? I brought this, Sleater-Kinney, All Hands On the Bad One and Call the Doctor ALL with me to work :D

i'm going to be on a Sleater-kinney kick!! :cool:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh yeah, TOTALLY Dig Me Out is one of VEDHEAD's favorites!! :D I personally dig it myself. You just can't help it but dance to this and you know what? I brought this, Sleater-Kinney, All Hands On the Bad One and Call the Doctor ALL with me to work :D

i'm going to be on a Sleater-kinney kick!! :cool:
    All this talk of "Dig Me Out", may make me put it in the cd player in the auto when I leave the house........where's that Ipod at???????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    All this talk of "Dig Me Out", may make me put it in the cd player in the auto when I leave the house........where's that Ipod at???????

LOL! I hope you put it in! :D I was listening to that album while I was working. It is such a FUN album!! Dance Song '97 just, well, makes me want to dance, along w/that moog too!! I have made up my own dance for that song :p kind of 80s a la Molly Ringwald :o
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    "the woods" is the best album that came out last year and sleater-kinney are the best live band around.... yes, even better than pearl-jam: they play in small venues so you can enjoy more the concert... and they're politically more coherent than pearl-jam, deciding to stay completely independent...

does anyone know heavens to betsy, as well?
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    LOL! I hope you put it in! :D I was listening to that album while I was working. It is such a FUN album!! Dance Song '97 just, well, makes me want to dance, along w/that moog too!! I have made up my own dance for that song :p kind of 80s a la Molly Ringwald :o
    Been listening to it on the ipod.................."Things You Say" is my fave track.
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    "the woods" is the best album that came out last year and sleater-kinney are the best live band around.... yes, even better than pearl-jam: they play in small venues so you can enjoy more the concert... and they're politically more coherent than pearl-jam, deciding to stay completely independent...

does anyone know heavens to betsy, as well?

oh i LOVE those girls live. Me and VEDHEAD have been going to their concerts, they are AMAZING! At the last show we went to in SF, some guy next to us was holding a paper that said, "BUY HER CANDY" it looked like it was done on computer and Carrie in a sarcastic voice said that they 'aren't going to play that song tonight and btw,thanks for making that sign that probably took you less than 5 mins. to do on the computer. ' :p I LOVE my saracastic Carrie!

and Heavens to Betsy, I ADORE them!! My favorite song is My Red Self. Just Corin, bass and drums :) Calculated is a very underrated album, people should get it!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    So, I went back to the store and bought Dig Me Out. It's awesome! It is raw and I love raw. I was shocked that I was into it though b/c I literally don't listen to any bands with female lead singers. Okay, maybe I listen to Fionna and own a couple of Courtney Love cds, but beyond that I really only listen to male voices. So thanks for the recommendation, if I like the album just as much after the next couple of listens I may have to see them live when they're in town ;)
  • Options
    So, I went back to the store and bought Dig Me Out. It's awesome! It is raw and I love raw. I was shocked that I was into it though b/c I literally don't listen to any bands with female lead singers. Okay, maybe I listen to Fionna and own a couple of Courtney Love cds, but beyond that I really only listen to male voices. So thanks for the recommendation, if I like the album just as much after the next couple of listens I may have to see them live when they're in town ;)
    Glad we could help................seeing S/K in a club is well worth your time and effort. I saw them open for PJ twice, but it was their headline appearence in a small venue that rocked my world.
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    to bad they broke up
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    YAY!! That's awesome news since i fell apart! :)

*sigh*

So I'm just over here blastin my S~K playlist (it's on One Beat right now:D) and I'm thinking about how much I LOVE these girls... and how much I miss them already. Did they go out on top or what though?! Wheeew. Still, it won't ever make sense and was just so fuckin sudden! :(

BUT on a positive note...I thought I'd come give this thread a much needed LOVE BUMP. Oooo I also wanted to BUMP it up with these cute ass pictures from 2003. 2 of our fav things...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/raleigh14.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/nash10.jpg
    Awwwww! :D I love it!

Also, their last show in PORTLAND! HAIL HAIL the lucky ones that were able to attend this amazing ass night! Shit! EDDIE showing up?! :eek: And not only doing a solo acoustic set but singing with JANET too?! Jesus! :eek: For all that haven't yet seen it, you absolutely have to check out this slice of heaven....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfnYp-FiuIQ

SOooooooo beautiful! :o
    Seriously, what an extremely kick ass, super emotional show this must have been! Anyone that was there feel free to share details you lucky little bastards. :)

LONG LIVE S~K!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    I also miss them...............step-daughter (all of 17) mentioned them last night. Damn....I wish I could have seen them one more time as a headliner.

Any news on a dvd or live album???
  • Options
    Aw your step-daughter's a fan too?! That's so cool. :)
    I'm not sure about the dvd or live album. I haven't heard any news really. I did hear there were a ton of cameras at the last show so I've definitely been waiting to hear more about all that.

OH and duh! I wanted to share this is a thread that would "understand". I met Corin after Stoney's bday Portland show in July! :D I just basically told her how I was so grateful to had seen them one last time and just how much I love and will miss them. For some reason I felt the need to hold both of her hands while telling her this. :p haha. She's so approachable like that. Totally awesome and laid back girl. She smiled and said Thank you. :) Awww I also gave her props on her little dance moves which were reeeally out full force at that show. Her and Eddie were dancing together a lot! Cute little shimmies. At one point he twirled her and them just wrapped his arm around her shoulders and held her the whole rest of the song. It was really beautiful. SO much love between the girls and PJ. :o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    they rule, they're cool, they are the best !

Long live Sleater-Kinney in our hearts ;)
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Just noticed on their site that theres a dvd coming out.

All I can say is WAHHHHHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:D:D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I just started listening to them about 6 months ago, dig me out is fantastic! Bought their newest album as well the other day but havent really had a chance to listen to it right through.

Why did they break up though, thats a bit rubbish.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Just noticed on their site that theres a dvd coming out.

All I can say is WAHHHHHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:D:D
    I guess I need to go check out this news..........first, we get a Blind Faith Dvd, now a Sleater-Kinney one.................YYYYYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeesssssss
  • Options
    I saw them at Coachella, they are ok, nothing special. I was on the left side of the stage so I got to check out the hot bassist. Yeah, she is smoking hot.
  • Options
    Pet4h wrote:
    I saw them at Coachella, they are ok, nothing special. I was on the left side of the stage so I got to check out the hot bassist. Yeah, she is smoking hot.
    bassist? are we talking of the same group???
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    I met Corin after Stoney's bday Portland show in July! :D I just basically told her how I was so grateful to had seen them one last time and just how much I love and will miss them. For some reason I felt the need to hold both of her hands while telling her this. :p haha. She's so approachable like that. Totally awesome and laid back girl. She smiled and said Thank you. :) Awww I also gave her props on her little dance moves which were reeeally out full force at that show. Her and Eddie were dancing together a lot! Cute little shimmies. At one point he twirled her and them just wrapped his arm around her shoulders and held her the whole rest of the song. It was really beautiful. SO much love between the girls and PJ. :o
    waitwaitwait, are you talking about the last show??? were you there???
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    bassist? are we talking of the same group???
    Yeah..........there ain't no stinking bassist in S~K
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, one can now purchase a three song mini-album of S~K's Lollapalooza set from Itunes. It's will set you back $2.97 (U.S.) and includes "The Fox", "Entertain" and "Turn It On." Purchased it late last night, but have not got to listen to it as of yet.
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    waitwaitwait, are you talking about the last show??? were you there???

nah. She wasn't at THAT last show. It was the Chron's Benefit show that took place on Stone's b-day, July 20th. Sleater-Kinney was added at the last minute. I know b/c I got a call from her saying that S~K was opening up for PJ at that specific show :) Pretty cool story!! :D

in other S~K news, Corin is playing a New Orleans benefit show that is coming up soon. I forgot the date of it. And Janet has now joined Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks as their new drummer! :eek: All I could say to that is WHOA!! :eek: Stephen AND Janet?! :eek: WOW!! I read that on the latest issue of Rolling Stone Magazine w/Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart on the cover.:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~