Options

~Sleater-Kinney~

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    IamMine wrote:
    Corin is just...beautiful! Way more than in the pictures. I can't believe how good she looks after having a kid.... :p
    My thoughts exactly.........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    IamMine wrote:
    It was only two blocks down from the hotel we were staying at... I wonder if they stayed there, too! Darn.

If memory serves, they stayed at the Delta. Does that sound right? I know it was a small hotel compared to where Pearl Jam stayed.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    If memory serves, they stayed at the Delta. Does that sound right? I know it was a small hotel compared to where Pearl Jam stayed.

PBM
    First it's Katie Couric, now I find out that you stalked S~K & PJ.....what's up with that??? ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    First it's Katie Couric, now I find out that you stalked S~K & PJ.....what's up with that??? ;)

Who had time to stalk, my ass was worn out in London. I ate $7.00 worth of chips out of the snack maching in the hotel lobby.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Who had time to stalk, my ass was worn out in London. I ate $7.00 worth of chips out of the snack maching in the hotel lobby.

PBM
    So you only two bags of chips then......;)
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    So you only two bags of chips then......;)

My point exactly.

:D

PBM

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    S~K is going to be at Coachella....WOHOOOOO!! :D

I wonder if the girls are going to tour in the US again...I LOVE their shows and they can kick some serious ASS!!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    im goin to see them in adelaide at the big day out on friday! cant wait, it should b awesome!!!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    S~K is a great band to see live. I HIGHLY recommend seeing them in smaller venues though :)

I think there should be MORE love for these girls, hey, if it wasn't for them, we would still have shitty music made by A&R agents. *shudders at the thought of that*

BUMP FOR S~K LOVE~~~ :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Okay, i know there has been S~K bashing, but it is all good! :D

The girls just kick ASS and have released another date (thanks to my girl, VEDHEAD27) they will be playing TWO shows in SAN FREAKINSICO on May2nd and May 3rd at the Great American Music Hall :D woohohooooo

Saw these girls live almost 2 years ago, and they totally blew my mind away!! :eek:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    yeah man, i just got the woods the other day and it kicks some major ass, ....love her voice , she belts it out, !!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    their last album was amazing
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I probably already mentioned this somewhere on this thread, but SK completely rocked me at the Quebec City show. And as of that moment, I am a fan.
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I probably already mentioned this somewhere on this thread, but SK completely rocked me at the Quebec City show. And as of that moment, I am a fan.

Glad to see you as a fan Kenny :D

Who is going to see them @ Coachella or the San Francisco shows?! I seriously can't wait to see them, less than a week away!! WOHOHOO
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Going to see them in Brighton on 28th anyone else?
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    Going to see them in Brighton on 28th anyone else?

Did you see them already and waht did you think of their show? :D

me and my girl, VEDHEAD27, are on our way to see our girls in action tonight..2nd night in a ROW they are playing in San Francisco :) I can't wait to see them, i haven't seen them since 2004! :eek:

has anyone hear listened to their side band projects? they are pretty good:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    MeddleDeal wrote:

me and my girl, VEDHEAD27, are on our way to see our girls in action tonight..2nd night in a ROW they are playing in San Francisco :) I can't wait to see them, i haven't seen them since 2004! :eek:

Wow, you are so lucky!!!

When we talked to them last year, they said they'd come back to Detroit this year.

Doesn't look like it! :(

Have a blast - and take some pictures!!!!!!!

If I knew you well enough, I'd have you ask Carrie that Bobby from Detroit said hi!!!

Good chances she'd remember my husband. hehehe

Have fun! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Aww thank you girl! :) We'll be sure to have fun! And don't worry, chances are, the girls will come back to Detroit this year :D I wish I had my camera or a digital camera for that matter, but i'll ask VEDHEAD27, if she can take some pics w/her phone camera :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    crashedcarcrashedcar Posts: 41
    they rocked YO!
    Be Green and Free
  • Options
    KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    MeddleDeal wrote:

No i meant to say 28th May. But I haven't seen them live before so really looking forward to it.
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    crashedcar wrote:
    they rocked YO!

Yep! they also rocked the San Francisco show I attended...those girls kick SO much ASS!! :D They did 'Little Mouth' which totally took me by surprise :eek:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    or haven't seen S~K live..this is their setlist from the show I went to on the 3rd in San Francisco. they played a lot of the Woods songs, but also dug into their catalog for some goodies :D

POMPEII
    WILDERNESS
    JUMPERS
    ONE BEAT
    ROLLERCOASTER
    WAS IT A LIE
    FOX
    EVERYTHING
    NITELITE
    WHATS MINE IS YOURS
    GET UP
    MODERN GIRL
    LETS CALL IT LOVE
    ENTERTAIN
    GOOD THINGS
    Encore 1
    Mikeshake n' Honey
    Oxygen
    Combat Rock
    Turn It On
    Encore 2
    The Promised Land (Springsteen cover)
    Little Mouth
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :cool: cool! :)

Any pictures?

Did you get to talk to them after the show?
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    :cool: cool! :)

Any pictures?

Did you get to talk to them after the show?

oh man, no. My friend was going to take a pic of Corin, but I guess she forgot or she was too busy rockin' haha :p

I wanted to hang out after the show, but we had to catch our train back to Alameda, which we didn't want to miss. The showed ended about 11:30 and we were afraid we were going to miss our train and we had to work the next day:( But nevertheless, we had fun! We were on Corin's side. At the end of the show, she shook hands w/the girls in front of us. I thought that was rad!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I love sleater-kinney. They get better with every record and The Woods is phenominal shit no question. Janet is one of my favorite drummers.
  • Options
    Inkdaub wrote:
    I love sleater-kinney. They get better with every record and The Woods is phenominal shit no question. Janet is one of my favorite drummers.

yeah I agree. Like PJ, you can totally hear their sound progression throughout the years. I love it how their self titled debut was a little punkish, around the same vein as Bikini Kill and how Dig Me Out is such a 'shake your butt' type of album :D

I ALWAYS get mesmorized by Janet's drumming. She makes it look so much effortless. These are 3 very talented ladies who give it all they can at each and every show :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    <~~~ blastin ALL HANDS ON THE BAD ONE

What a "BAD ONE" it is....and what a BAD ASS group of ladies.
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I ALWAYS get mesmorized by Janet's drumming. She makes it look so much effortless. These are 3 very talented ladies who give it all they can at each and every show :cool:

AMEN AMEN...to alla that! Oooooo and the show we went to in May?? :D I still can't get over that. Always such a fun, rockin time! And they're always giving SF sooooo much love too. ((:D) Janet? Excuse me?! You can't play harmonica while simultaneously beating those skins into oblivion! :eek: The chick is so fuckin talented...it seriously is mesmerizing! You speak the truth Nadi. Ahh these girls are the best!

**Here's to hoping they play PORTLAND w/ PJ on STONEY G's bday**
    :D Wow. All those things together? Wow.

Speaking of STONEY G & S~K...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/IMG_0338.jpg

*nudges Nadia*
    :o
    Don't it make ya? Come on! That's just too damn cool.
    Love the shirt Mr. Goss.
    Love it!
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    ^^^
    Hey, Lydia.
    ~~waves~~
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Awwww Viggy!!! *waves&hugs*

My god it's been too long buddy!
    :)

Great to see you...and in this thread no less!

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I really didnt like them live but bought The Woods. It's not bad at all.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.