Options

Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    hodge wrote:
    i'll be there
    tickets were surprisingly 55 bucks though, probably because of the venue :(

I was kinda expecting it to be costly...seeing it's gonna be in Fort York and all. You got tickets from last Friday? You're lucky hodge!
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    damn you central canadians and your extra hip shows!...

sorry, is my jealousy showing?... :)

enjoy fort york, to all those lucky enough to make it there!
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    yea i got lucky...im still paranoid about tickets coming through mail so i'll be excited when they arrive

i love outdoor concerts in the summer
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options

sorry, is my jealousy showing?... :)

enjoy fort york, to all those lucky enough to make it there!

hodge (hopefully I'll make it too!) will be thinkin' about you and I'm sure you'll be at Fort York in spirit, rockin' all the way from Halifax! :D
  • Options
    hodge wrote:
    yea i got lucky...im still paranoid about tickets coming through mail so i'll be excited when they arrive

i love outdoor concerts in the summer

I wasn't so lucky last Friday...who knows what will happen on the 24th. I'm hoping for another extra show...if that's not asking too much. :)

It's perfect..the Hip under the summer sun and at Fort York. Very nice.
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    I wasn't so lucky last Friday...who knows what will happen on the 24th. I'm hoping for another extra show...if that's not asking too much. :)

It's perfect..the Hip under the summer sun and at Fort York. Very nice.

sounds awesome! after the sunset, you guys will see the constellations reveal themselves one star at a time...good luck on the extra show!
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622

I second that! Us poor folks out west are lucky enough to see the Hip maybe once a year, while you lucky bastards in Ontario usually get 3 or 4. All I can say is I can't wait until the boys tour the west coast. Some friends and I are already planning a trip to Seattle to see them...whenever that may be. We're hoping to do what we call the "triangle" tour: Seattle, Portland, and Spokane. Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament is an admitted Hip fan, so maybe we'll have a PJ sighting at the Seattle show. That would be amazing.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    sounds awesome! after the sunset, you guys will see the constellations reveal themselves one star at a time...good luck on the extra show!

:D:D:D Ah...yes, me always wishful thinkin' of course!

Would be great if they'll actually play later in the day too, Bobcaygeon under the darling starry skies! It would be a dream come true! This is making me all excited now...oh the possibilities...

Those Europeans are still pretty damn lucky though. It's making me want to take a trip to Europe.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i love how the crowd reacts on the dvd when he sings "that night in torontoooooooooo"
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I second that! Us poor folks out west are lucky enough to see the Hip maybe once a year, while you lucky bastards in Ontario usually get 3 or 4. All I can say is I can't wait until the boys tour the west coast. Some friends and I are already planning a trip to Seattle to see them...whenever that may be. We're hoping to do what we call the "triangle" tour: Seattle, Portland, and Spokane. Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament is an admitted Hip fan, so maybe we'll have a PJ sighting at the Seattle show. That would be amazing.

...and some Hip shows over in the East Coast for our friends over in that side ;).

Jeffy's a Hip fan? Now that's the coolest thing I've heard today direwolf!
  • Options
    hodge wrote:
    i love how the crowd reacts on the dvd when he sings "that night in torontoooooooooo"

That was lovely!

It was a great crowd...wished I could've been there.
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    Jeffy's a Hip fan? Now that's the coolest thing I've heard today direwolf!

Yup. I have a bootleg of a radio interview that Johnny and Gord Sinclair did in Seattle at the local rock station a few years back, and the DJ mentioned that a few celebrity guests had called in looking for tickets to the Hip's show that night: Bridget Fonda, Eric Stoltz, and Jeff from Pearl Jam, to which Johnny says: "Bridget Fonda eh? I think we can work that out." Funny stuff.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    is THC back up and running? i tried loggin on months ago and it was lacking......

anything new? new album news, anything?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    is THC back up and running? i tried loggin on months ago and it was lacking......

anything new? new album news, anything?

The old Hip Club is no longer running. They're currently working on a new version of THC over at the band's homepage. It's not up and running yet, but once it is it'll be a paid membership which will give you front-of-the-line ticket access, along with various other things that they have yet to unveil. Their webmaster posts often over at the Hipbase forum, and he promises the new Hip Club will be amazing. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

As for album news, the boys are in the studio as we speak recording their new album with Bob Rock in Vancouver. The latest news is that the album will be released in late spring/early summer with a world tour to follow, beginning in Europe in July, and then a North American tour for late summer/fall. Check out these sites for the latest info:

http://www.thehip.com
    http://www.hipbase.com

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Yup. I have a bootleg of a radio interview that Johnny and Gord Sinclair did in Seattle at the local rock station a few years back, and the DJ mentioned that a few celebrity guests had called in looking for tickets to the Hip's show that night: Bridget Fonda, Eric Stoltz, and Jeff from Pearl Jam, to which Johnny says: "Bridget Fonda eh? I think we can work that out." Funny stuff.

that's awesome, direwolf.
  • Options
    The girl I'm dating got me the Special Edition Hipaponymous Book with the 2 CD's two DVD's for Valentine's and must say it's awesome...wow...
    go out and get it guys
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    The girl I'm dating got me the Special Edition Hipaponymous Book with the 2 CD's two DVD's for Valentine's and must say it's awesome...wow...
    go out and get it guys

I bought it the day it came out, and yes, it is indeed awesome. I didn't really get it for the greatest hits (I already own all the albums), but it's worth buying it just for the packaging and all the extras. The live DVD is of course the crown jewel of the entire set, and there's some fantastic stuff on the bonus disc as well, particularly the ultra-cool documentary "Macroscopic". And how can you not love the video for "The Darkest One" starring the Trailer Park Boys!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Holy crap! Check out the lineup for this festival:

http://www.hob.com/tickets/festivals/sasquatch/2006/

I think I just made my summer vacation plans!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    The Hip lost me after "Trouble At The Henhouse".
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    The Hip lost me after "Trouble At The Henhouse".

your loss.. not theirs!
    lots of great concerts from 1996 to the present!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:

That Johnny, that was just gold! :D

And Jeff has become more of a cooler cat to me, not that he wasn't cool in the first place. But anyone who likes the Hip are great!
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Holy crap! Check out the lineup for this festival:

http://www.hob.com/tickets/festivals/sasquatch/2006/

I think I just made my summer vacation plans!

Earlier than expected direwolf!

It's like opening a Christmas gift everytime I look at this Hip thread, I swear! :)

Sasquatch! Music Festival

Memorial Day Weekend – Fri – Sat – Sun , May 26-28, 2006
    The Gorge in George, WA

Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/sasquatchmusicfestival.com

Internet presale: Thur. Feb. 23 (10am) through Fri. March 3 (10pm) available at http://www.sasquatchfestival.com

Password: “bigfoot”

General on sale date: Saturday, March 4 at 11am

Tickets: 3 day pass is $165 (reduced service charge for 3 day pass), $55 for single day tickets (includes parking)

Camping: Concertgoers can camp in the grounds adjacent to the Gorge for $40 per day, per vehicle. Available through Ticketmaster.

Line up: (more to be announced on each day)

Friday: (one stage only on Friday – 4pm start)
    Mainstage- NINE INCH NAILS, to be announced, HIM, ...And You Will Know Us By The TRAIL OF DEAD, WOLFMOTHER

Saturday: (3 stages, gates open at 11am)
    Mainstage- BEN HARPER & The Innocent Criminals, THE FLAMING LIPS, THE SHINS, THE TRAGICALLY HIP, NEKO CASE, IRON & WINE, SUFJAN STEVENS, GOMEZ, ROGUE WAVE
    Wookie Stage (in the Plaza)- Architecture In Helsinki, Sam Roberts, Constantines, Matt Costa, Bedouin Soundclash, The Brunettes ...
    Yeti Stage (in the Meadow)- Tim Seely, Common Market, Korby Lenker

Sunday: (3 stages, gates open at 11am)
    Mainstage- BECK, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MATISYAHU, THE DECEMBERISTS, NADA SURF, PRETTY GRILS MAKE GRAVES, BLUE SCHOLARS
    Wookie Stage (in the Plaza)- CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH, ARCTIC MONKEYS, We Are Scientists, Chad VanGaalen, The Heavenly States
    Yeti Stage (in the Meadow)- Rocky Votolato, Laura Veirs, The Village Green, Mercir

The HIP in EUROPE

New European Date added: Wed July 12 at Tivoli

Description: New European Date added: Wed July 12 at Tivoli
    Keywords: Europe 2006, New Date Tivoli

Wed July 12
    Utrecht, Netherlands – Tivoli
    http://www.tivoli.nl/
    Tickets €25.00

Pre-sale Thurs Feb 16
    On Sale Thurs Feb 23
    http://www.ticketservice.nl

and at Plato record store.
    Address: steenweg, Utrecht
    and at Tivoli
    Address: oudegracht 245, Utrecht
    Mojo Concerts

http://www.thehip.com/
  • Options
    i've been on a "freak turbulence", "problem bears" and "stay" kick today...good times...:)
  • Options
    THE HIP LIVE AT THE GORGE SASQ MUSIC FEST!!!

sorry if posted before!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    your loss.. not theirs!
    lots of great concerts from 1996 to the present!

Definitely! Boston, 7/27/02. One of the best Hip shows I've ever seen.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    they are comming to toronto in june ga tickets only 50 bucks and the q 107 pre sale starts today!!!!
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    they are comming to toronto in june ga tickets only 50 bucks and the q 107 pre sale starts today!!!!

and at Fort York, none the less!

seems like a really unique venue for a show.... :)

i'm seriously considering tickets....
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Stop considering Ft. York and just get tickets. You will not be disapointed...
    The opening band called the Sadies is pretty much the best live band around. It is a treat to see them.
    Listen to the Sadies.

"Who's better than Eddie Vedder?" - Oranje by Orson Corson
  • Options
    Stop considering Ft. York and just get tickets. You will not be disapointed...
    The opening band called the Sadies is pretty much the best live band around. It is a treat to see them.

You won't want to miss the middle band either. The Weakerthans will blow your mind! The entire lineup for that show is one of the best triple bills I've ever heard of. Ya can't go wrong with any of those bands.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    sooo upset right now
    i went on the ticketmaster website to order tickets from the pre sale and they are sold out already !!
    there not even on sale to the public yet
    grrrrrrrr
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today