Options

Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    sooo upset right now
    i went on the ticketmaster website to order tickets from the pre sale and they are sold out already !!
    there not even on sale to the public yet
    grrrrrrrr

I want to go to that show too. I didn't get pre-sale tickets either, but I'll try during the public sale.

Any idea what the capacity of Fort York is?
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I want to go to that show too. I didn't get pre-sale tickets either, but I'll try during the public sale.

Any idea what the capacity of Fort York is?

no i dont know but i heard it was real small
    i hope they will have tickets because when i tried to get areosmith tickets i was on the ticketmaster website the second they went on sale to the public and there was none because of the pre sales

the pre sale is still on tomorrow and my mom said for some reason she thinks they will release more tickets wich i doubt but im going to try again anyways
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    oh dear god i did some searching and it says the capacity is only 5000 people!!!!
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    oh dear god i did some searching and it says the capacity is only 5000 people!!!!

Wow, that's pretty small. Most outdoor Hip shows usually draw upwards of 30,000 people. I suppose the band picked the venue because it would have a more intimate vibe. Kinda like when they did their theatre tour in '02.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options

Really, where? Do you have a link? For some reason I thought this was an outdoor show, because I couldn't find any venue info on the internet.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Really, where? Do you have a link? For some reason I thought this was an outdoor show, because I couldn't find any venue info on the internet.

it is outside .... maybe im looking at the wrong think but this is it
    http://www.toronto.ca/culture/fort_york.htm
  • Options
    *bump*

Just wanted to keep this thread on the main page.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    it is outside .... maybe im looking at the wrong think but this is it
    http://www.toronto.ca/culture/fort_york.htm

Ya I did see this site, but I just don't see venue info. Maybe they don't usually have concerts, and that's why
  • Options
    Anyone have any luck this morning??

I tried right at 10am, and nothing!

I'd be willing to bet that they sold out at the pre-sale...
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    They Added A Second Show.... Go Go Go!!!
  • Options
    They Added A Second Show.... Go Go Go!!!

really ?
    when and when can i get tickets?
  • Options
    Friday June 23rd.... and NOW!

:D
  • Options
    Friday June 23rd.... and NOW!

:D
    thanx for the info getting tickets now :):):)
  • Options
    thanx for the info getting tickets now :):):)

did you get 'em?

it was a total fluke that I went back to check ticketmaster again after 10am... and the Friday show popped up! what luck! :)
  • Options
    did you get 'em?

it was a total fluke that I went back to check ticketmaster again after 10am... and the Friday show popped up! what luck! :)

grrr not yet i have to get my moms creditcard number cause theres no room on mine and i cant get ahold of her at work :( :( i hope they dont sell out so fast this time im having an anxiety attack over here lol
  • Options
    grrr not yet i have to get my moms creditcard number cause theres no room on mine and i cant get ahold of her at work :( :( i hope they dont sell out so fast this time im having an anxiety attack over here lol

since they haven't really announced the second show, i don't think it'll sell too fast...

keep trying though!! :D
  • Options
    since they haven't really announced the second show, i don't think it'll sell too fast...

keep trying though!! :D

nope sold out :(
    theres still hope for me tho
    as much as i hate dealing with scalpers, they always come through for me when i need em lol
  • Options
    I totally forgot this morning, and went to TM at 2 pm and they were gone. Thought I'd try HOB, and they still had tix for Friday night. Awesome!

Is the capacity really only 5000-6000?
  • Options
    So, is anybody here heading down to the Sasquatch Festival? I'm trying to round up a posse to drive down from Calgary, but unfortunately my friends are all too "grown up" to do stuff like this anymore, and it's tough to get anybody to commit to something like this so far in advance. I've currently got 4 people who are interested, but no confirmations yet. It's annoying.

Ben Harper, the Hip, Sam Roberts, Neko Case, and the Constantines all in one day?? There's no way in hell I'm gonna miss that!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    So, is anybody here heading down to the Sasquatch Festival? I'm trying to round up a posse to drive down from Calgary, but unfortunately my friends are all too "grown up" to do stuff like this anymore, and it's tough to get anybody to commit to something like this so far in advance. I've currently got 4 people who are interested, but no confirmations yet. It's annoying.

Ben Harper, the Hip, Sam Roberts, Neko Case, and the Constantines all in one day?? There's no way in hell I'm gonna miss that!

how come iv never heard of this ?? where is it ? when is it ?
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    It's at the Gorge, during the Memorial Day Weekend (May 26 - 28). It's a huge festival, they got some awesome line up!

http://www.hob.com/tickets/festivals/sasquatch/2006/

Sadly. No luck here with the Fort York gig either.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    Both Fort York shows are now officially sold out, as reported by the Hip's website:

http://www.thehip.com

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    how come iv never heard of this ?? where is it ? when is it ?

It was just announced a few days ago I believe:

Sasquatch! Music Festival
    Memorial Day Weekend – Fri – Sat – Sun , May 26-28, 2006
    The Gorge in George, WA

Announce date: Tues. Feb. 21

Internet presale: Thur. Feb. 23 (10am) through Fri. March 3 (10pm) available at http://www.sasquatchfestival.com

Password: “bigfoot”

General on sale date: Saturday, March 4 at 11am

Tickets: 3 day pass is $165 (reduced service charge for 3 day pass), $55 for single day tickets (includes parking)

Camping: Concertgoers can camp in the grounds adjacent to the Gorge for $40 per day, per vehicle. Available through Ticketmaster.

Line up: (more to be announced on each day)
    Friday: (one stage only on Friday – 4pm start)
    Mainstage- NINE INCH NAILS, to be announced, HIM, ...And You Will Know Us By The TRAIL OF DEAD, WOLFMOTHER

Saturday: (3 stages, gates open at 11am)
    Mainstage- BEN HARPER & The Innocent Criminals, THE FLAMING LIPS, THE SHINS, THE TRAGICALLY HIP, NEKO CASE, IRON & WINE, SUFJAN STEVENS, GOMEZ, ROGUE WAVE
    Wookie Stage (in the Plaza)- Architecture In Helsinki, Sam Roberts, Constantines, Matt Costa, Bedouin Soundclash, The Brunettes
    Yeti Stage (in the Meadow)- Tim Seely, Common Market, Korby Lenker

Sunday: (3 stages, gates open at 11am)
    Mainstage- BECK, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, MATISYAHU, THE DECEMBERISTS, NADA SURF, PRETTY GRILS MAKE GRAVES, BLUE SCHOLARS
    Wookie Stage (in the Plaza)- CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH, ARCTIC MONKEYS, We Are Scientists, Chad VanGaalen, The Heavenly States
    Yeti Stage (in the Meadow)- Rocky Votolato, Laura Veirs, The Village Green, Mercir
  • Options
    evelyn...where were you last night?!
  • Options
    evelyn...where were you last night?!

One of Gord Sinclair's best!

And what an awesome debut album...which seems to get better with age.
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    One of Gord Sinclair's best!

And what an awesome debut album...which seems to get better with age.

Man, I can't even remember the last time I listened to that disc. It seems so long ago, and they're such a different band now. My favorties off the EP are Killing Time, Small Town Bringdown, and Cemetery Sideroad, but I actually never liked Evelyn. I'm a Werewolf Baby and All Canadian Surf Club were fun songs, but they were more like novelty tunes than anything else. Overall the EP is pretty inconsistent in my opinion, but hey, they were young back then and it was their debut, so I forgive 'em. Technically "Up to Here" is their actual debut since it was their first full-length effort, and it's easily of the best debut albums ever made. If you listen to the EP and Up to Here back to back, it's amazing how much they matured as a band in such a short span of time.

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i love Up To Here

When the Weight Comes Down, probably my fav song off the disc with 38 yrs old
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    hodge wrote:
    i love Up To Here

When the Weight Comes Down, probably my fav song off the disc with 38 yrs old

When the Weight Comes Down is great. I'm also a big fan of Opiated and Another Midnight. The entire album kicks ass!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Aside from 38 Years Old, Boots or Hearts is also one of the highlights in Up to Here for me. Opiated is awesome.

Music @ Work is probably the only Hip record that I found...really hard to listen to when it first came out. And years later...thankfully that's not the case anymore. I've been listening to it a lot as of late...especially these tunes...

Lake Fever
    Stay
    The Bastard
    The Completists
    Sharks
    Toronto#4

And because we love Gord Downie quotes...

http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/ConcertList.htm

too bad it hasn't been updated for quite some time though.
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    Aside from 38 Years Old, Boots or Hearts is also one of the highlights in Up to Here for me. Opiated is awesome.

Music @ Work is probably the only Hip record that I found...really hard to listen to when it first came out. And years later...thankfully that's not the case anymore. I've been listening to it a lot as of late...especially these tunes...

Lake Fever
    Stay
    The Bastard
    The Completists
    Sharks
    Toronto#4

The Bear and Train Overnight are probably my two favorite songs from that album. Music@Work is definitely their most inconsistent album, but it's also their most ambitious. The layered instrumentation, the female backing vocals (courtesy of Julie Doiron), the Middle Eastern-ish tabla that runs through The Bastard...it's all stuff that the Hip had never attempted before, and it was cool to hear them experiment like that. The most unique song on the record in my opinion is Tiger the Lion. It's such a crazy tune. The chord progression is downright creepy, and Gord's delivery is so powerful and cool. And I love Robby's Pink Floyd-esque guitar solo during the coda. Toronto #4 is just plain gorgeous, and Sharks has that great driving rhythm to it that gets my head bobbin' every single time. It's a very underrated album.

-Tom Waits