Options

Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• Options
    RWRW Posts: 97
    Anyone else here going to the Canada Day show at Artpark in Lewiston?
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    hello? hello? hello? is there anybody in there??? :p

ok... wrong group, i know... :o

anyways, just thought i'd check in with my Hip peeps... i've gotten a good PJ fix in Europe, so it's time to wind up for the Hip again this fall!! :D

hope you have a great time in Seattle, direwolf!!
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    i've gotten a good PJ fix in Europe, so it's time to wind up for the Hip again this fall!! :D

hope you have a great time in Seattle, direwolf!!

I plan on it! And speaking of getting a PJ fix, I just bought the "Live at the Gorge" box set and it's absolutely amazing. What a great band!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    After a month off, the World Container tour finally resumes!

Setlist- June 30, Artpark, Lewiston, NY:

Ocean
    Music
    Grace
    Gus
    In View
    ABAC
    Puttin' Down
    NOIS
    Thugs
    World C.
    Family Band
    Springtime
    Meridian
    Sherpa
    Kids
    Blow
    Verge
    Rink
    Escape
    Fireworks
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    RWRW Posts: 97
    Great show last night. They played about 2 hours. They did a killer Locked in the Trunk of a Car, which was the highlight of the night for me. Here's some pics:

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/RainierWolfcastle/Tragically%20Hip/
  • Options
    Great show last night. They played about 2 hours. They did a killer Locked in the Trunk of a Car, which was the highlight of the night for me. Here's some pics:

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/RainierWolfcastle/Tragically%20Hip/

Glad you had a good time, Rainier. Love the pics! Here's the official setlist from last night, and a belated Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks!

Rink
    NOIS
    Courage
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    Daredevil
    Family Band
    Bobcaygeon
    Poets
    Don't Wake Daddy
    Ocean
    Nautical Disaster
    Scared
    Kids Don't Get It
    Fire in the Hole
    In View
    Summer's Killing Us
    Little Bones

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    hope you had a gooder too, direwolf. :)
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Glad you had a good time, Rainier. Love the pics! Here's the official setlist from last night, and a belated Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks!

Rink
    NOIS
    Courage
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    Daredevil
    Family Band
    Bobcaygeon
    Poets
    Don't Wake Daddy
    Ocean
    Nautical Disaster
    Scared
    Kids Don't Get It
    Fire in the Hole
    In View
    Summer's Killing Us
    Little Bones

f*ck .. when can I get a setlist like this?
    Good to see this thread back up BTW..

Anytime its "canada day" I think back to that High Sierra 1995 bootleg / SBD where Gord is making fun of the laid back California hippies in the crowd

"Yeah, f*ckin' right man.. Canada-day-is-a-tool-of-oppression-the-man-uses-to-keep-us-down!"

LMAO!

That show should've been picked over Copps for "Live between us"
    100 percent better performance IMO..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:

Anytime its "canada day" I think back to that High Sierra 1995 bootleg / SBD where Gord is making fun of the laid back California hippies in the crowd

"Yeah, f*ckin' right man.. Canada-day-is-a-tool-of-oppression-the-man-uses-to-keep-us-down!"

LMAO!

thanks for the laugh, locked. :D

gord..."how does he come up with this stuff?!?" :)
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    I guess no Hip in FL again :(
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    locked wrote:

LMAO!

My other favorite quote from that show:

"I've got this cousin, he's a fuckin' skinhead. But he's only doin' it for the threads."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    How does he do it, and how does he pull it off? I have no idea, but that is what makes him the beautiful person that he is. Favorite show? Ottawa (Rough Rider stadium) . . . Another Road Side attraction with Midnight Oil. Wow! I'll be in touch soon!
    "The legacy of Surrealism after 1968 must surely follow artists, writers, thinkers and activists who are committed to the power of the unconscious and to the imagination of other possible worlds."

- Alyce Mahon
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:

Rink
    NOIS
    Courage
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    Daredevil
    Family Band
    Bobcaygeon
    Poets
    Don't Wake Daddy
    Ocean
    Nautical Disaster
    Scared
    Kids Don't Get It
    Fire in the Hole
    In View
    Summer's Killing Us
    Little Bones

:eek: Daredevil?? NICE! that's been a favorite lately! :D:D

And the real wonder of the world is that we don't jump too...
  • Options
    Setlist- The Kee, Bala, ON 07/04/07:

Ocean
    Twist
    Grace
    Fever
    Drop Off
    Daredevil
    Inevitability
    Gift
    Gems
    World C.
    Family Band
    Blow
    Wheat
    Kids
    Pistols
    Rink
    In View
    ABAC
    Music

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    Setlist- The Kee, Bala, ON, 07/05/07:

Rink
    New O
    Cordelia (holy shit!!!)
    Bobcaygeon
    Luv Sic
    Summer
    Courage
    Thugs
    Long Time
    Springtime
    In View
    Meridian
    Scared
    Fireworks
    Family Band
    Bones
    Ocean
    Fully
    Fire

Totally different set than night 1. I love this band!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    NICE!! :D amazing setlist... :)

why did these shows have to be on weekdays?? who plays cottage country on a weekday?? :confused::p
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I'm starting to get very excited! I get to see them one week from Sunday and that will make 6 times in the last 9 months! Every year should be like that! The set lists are looking great and they're playing a lot to songs I'm really anxious to hear again. I noticed they haven't been doing the cover thing lately though. Hopefully they pull one out of the hat next week. Regardless it it going to be a phenomenal show without a doubt!

Direwolf - I'm soooo jealous that you get to see the Seattle show. I fought with work to get the time off to go to that one but they won. Sucks. Oh well... ENJOY!!!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    have fun at the upcoming shows, guys!! :D

if you're taking pics, don't forget to snap a couple of the Billy for me! ;):D

rcs wrote:
    I get to see them one week from Sunday and that will make 6 times in the last 9 months!

i know!! i feel spoiled too! The Hip x 4, and PJ x 2 this year.... with more to come!! :cool:
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Greeting Hip fans!!

I have just bought myself a ticket to see them at the Astoria, London (i'm filling up my empty calander with music gigs to lift the PJ tour blues!)

Which album would you recommend I listen to first? Or any at all? Is it best to go to the gig with a blank slate and see where it takes me?

Any suggestions welcome!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Greeting Hip fans!!

I have just bought myself a ticket to see them at the Astoria, London (i'm filling up my empty calander with music gigs to lift the PJ tour blues!)

Which album would you recommend I listen to first? Or any at all? Is it best to go to the gig with a blank slate and see where it takes me?

Any suggestions welcome!

oooh!! lucky! if i hadn't just returned from a PJ Europe Tour, I would be for sure be planning a Hip Europe Tour for the fall! :)

hmmmm... my fave album is Day For Night.....

however, I would also recommend their 'greatest hits' complilation called Yer Favorites.... there's plenty of great stuff on there to get started with....

enjoy!! :D
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Setlist- The Kee, Bala, ON, 07/05/07:
    Cordelia (holy shit!!!)

Totally different set than night 1. I love this band!

You're killing me here you realize..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    locked wrote:
    You're killing me here you realize..

unreal setlist
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    anybody know if there is camping tomorrow at marymoor?????

please help thanks.
    edit for:

THERE ISNT.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    oooh!! lucky! if i hadn't just returned from a PJ Europe Tour, I would be for sure be planning a Hip Europe Tour for the fall! :)

hmmmm... my fave album is Day For Night.....

however, I would also recommend their 'greatest hits' complilation called Yer Favorites.... there's plenty of great stuff on there to get started with....

enjoy!! :D

Excellent!! Thanks for the advice, will buy it at lunch today! :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    wash_ wrote:
    Excellent!! Thanks for the advice, will buy it at lunch today! :)

Good luck finding it in a UK record store Ems! Maybe in London.

I had to order mine off Amazon and even then it took a month....and they still havent sent me World Container yet.

It is awesome though :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    a little bumpity-bump for the song of the day at http://www.thehip.com

a 10 minute version of New Orleans Is Sinking, tagged with Put It Off AND Flamenco!

shweet.... :D
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    a little bumpity-bump for the song of the day at http://www.thehip.com

a 10 minute version of New Orleans Is Sinking, tagged with Put It Off AND Flamenco!

shweet.... :D

nice catch! thanks!

am i hearing this right? "Broadway the hard-way, cocksuckas!!!!" hahaha
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Hey gang! Great show last night as usual. The weather was beautiful, the crowd was mellow and well-behaved, Gord had loads of energy, and the band kicked our asses. I don't remember the exact setlist, but the highlights were many: Grace, Kids, Nautical, Fully, and The Drop Off rocked like crazy and got the crowd moving, while the slower numbers (Bobcaygeon, ABAC, Lake Fever) were absolutely perfect for the beautiful surroundings and gorgeous weather. As it got darker, we could literally see the constellations revealing themselves one star at a time. Marymoor Park is a great spot. Reminded me a lot of the High Sierra show in California a few years ago.

Oh, and did I mention they played MEMBERSHIP? I haven't heard them play it live in a while, and it sounded incredible!

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Going to the show tonight in Vancouver with my sister-in-law. It's going to be great. We both really need this, too.
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Oh, and did I mention they played MEMBERSHIP? I haven't heard them play it live in a while, and it sounded incredible!

I would LOVE to hear Membership!!! I'm really hoping they dust off Sherpa or Put It Off for the Calgary show on Sunday! Ah hell... I'll be happy with anything they play! Only two more sleeps!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!