Tragically Hip ...

Comments

• congrats to all who got tickets...ye bastards! :D
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Holy smokes! Check out the setlists from the last two shows at the Phoenix in Toronto. I think I had a tiny orgasm just reading these, and I wasn't even there!

Phoenix Concert Theatre, Oct. 25th:

Ocean
    Twist
    View
    So Hard
    Fly
    Fireworks
    Spring
    World
    Nashville
    Luv Sic
    Drop-Off
    Gift
    Fully
    Yawning
    Kids
    Long Time
    Rink
    Bones
    Family

Tiger
    Pretend
    Planet

Phoenix Concert Theatre, Oct. 23rd:

Family
    Courage
    View
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    Gus
    Poets
    Pigeon
    World
    Luv Sic
    Music
    Pretend
    Meridian
    Titanic
    Fly
    Kids
    Scared
    Ocean
    New O
    Rink

Last Night
    Fire
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Holy smokes! Check out the setlists from the last two shows at the Phoenix in Toronto. I think I had a tiny orgasm just reading these, and I wasn't even there!

Phoenix Concert Theatre, Oct. 25th:

Ocean
    Twist
    View
    So Hard
    Fly
    Fireworks
    Spring
    World
    Nashville
    Luv Sic
    Drop-Off
    Gift
    Fully
    Yawning
    Kids
    Long Time
    Rink
    Bones
    Family

Tiger
    Pretend
    Planet

Family
    Courage
    View
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    Gus
    Poets
    Pigeon
    World
    Luv Sic
    Music
    Pretend
    Meridian
    Titanic
    Fly
    Kids
    Scared
    Ocean
    New O
    Rink

Last Night
    Fire

i've heard so hard done by live only once...that alone makes these setlists! :D

lots of new stuff...awesome! truly awesome! :)

the encore on night two probably would have made me pass out...
  • larslars Posts: 524
    well said, sir. :)

congrats on hearing the tunes finally! :)
    Unstrap your buttplug and fight like a man
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    Unstrap your buttplug and fight like a man

who brought the new guy? :D
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    direwolf74 wrote:

Family
    Courage
    View
    Good Life
    Drop Off
    Gus
    Poets
    Pigeon
    World
    Luv Sic
    Music
    Pretend
    Meridian
    Titanic
    Fly
    Kids
    Scared
    Ocean
    New O
    Rink

Last Night
    Fire

:eek::eek::eek:

ummm... wow.... :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Last night's set included

Yawning or Snarling (!)
    So Hard Done By
    Save The Planet
    and

Tiger The Lion (!!!)

Holy crap, they are mixing it up like PJ does lately. Bloody wicked.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    i'm a shade shy of true wickedness.

just thought you guys should know.... ;):D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~

The Hip have been mixing up their setlists for as long as I can remember. I love it! Aside from PJ and the Hip, I can't think of too many bands that mix it up this much. I think it probably keeps it fresh and interesting for the band members as well as the audience, and makes for a much more unique experience from show to show.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
    Hey gang, I just came across this at the Hipbase. "Luv (sic)" from the Phoenix in Toronto last night. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtqCXpqhsMI

-Tom Waits
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Last night's set included

Yawning or Snarling (!)
    So Hard Done By
    Save The Planet
    and

Tiger The Lion (!!!)

"Tiger The Lion" live is like seeing Pearl Jam perform "Deep" while using the lighting sequence of "You Are"...

Yes, its that good..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    i'm a shade shy of true wickedness.

just thought you guys should know.... ;):D

My second favorite song on the album!

-Tom Waits
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Hey gang, I just came across this at the Hipbase. "Luv (sic)" from the Phoenix in Toronto last night. Enjoy!

Awesome ... This is one of the ones I've been wanting to hear.
    " a bus full of kids gives you the finger.."

(I can hear it now!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    :eek::eek::eek:

ummm... wow.... :D

Titanic?? holy shite....i was gonna skip this tour because i've seen them so many times, but if they're pulling out gems like this i might have to scrounge a ticket.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    I saw Tiger the Lion live. Its fantastic
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
    ediger wrote:
    I saw Tiger the Lion live. Its fantastic

I've never got why they dropped that one for so long ... I know some people consider it artsy and overblown, but I love it.
  • direwolf74 wrote:

that pretty much kicks ass! thanks direwolf! :)
    direwolf74 wrote:

Pretty nicely shot..man Youtube has some solid Hip live clips.
  • Igottago wrote:
    Pretty nicely shot..man Youtube has some solid Hip live clips.

the quality is surprisingly good, eh?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    just hung the phantom power tour poster i got way back in hs. and with all the talk around here, i feel it may be time to pull that album out...
    Man, this just keeps getting better and better. Check out the freakin' setlist from tonight's final Toronto show at the Phoenix:

RINK
    PISTOLS
    VIEW
    DROP OFF
    DADDY
    PUTTIN
    LUV SIC
    GRACE
    BOB C
    PRETEND
    LIONIZED
    GEMS
    FLY
    KIDS
    SHERPA
    OCEAN
    FAMILY

WORLD
    HEAVEN
    BLOW

Next stop, Calgary! I'll be there at MacEwan Hall on Sunday waiting to see what surprises they pull out of the vault next. This is gonna be great!

-Tom Waits
    Arguably the greatest SNL performance of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_rdaq2S7A&mode=related&search=

Gord seemed truly posessed. Man, what a powerful performance. Fucking awesome.
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Man, this just keeps getting better and better. Check out the freakin' setlist from tonight's final Toronto show at the Phoenix:

RINK
    PISTOLS
    VIEW
    DROP OFF
    DADDY
    PUTTIN
    LUV SIC
    GRACE
    BOB C
    PRETEND
    LIONIZED
    GEMS
    FLY
    KIDS
    SHERPA
    OCEAN
    FAMILY

WORLD
    HEAVEN
    BLOW

Next stop, Calgary! I'll be there at MacEwan Hall on Sunday waiting to see what surprises they pull out of the vault next. This is gonna be great!

3 pistols, 38 years old, locked, sherpa, don't wake daddy, last of the unplucked gems, and so on and so on...!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

this is possibly the best set list i have ever seen from them. amazing!

enjoy the show in calgary direwolf! :)
    Igottago wrote:
    Arguably the greatest SNL performance of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_rdaq2S7A&mode=related&search=

Gord seemed truly posessed. Man, what a powerful performance. Fucking awesome.

I love that clip. Gord actually had hair! Gotta love Dan Aykroyd's intro as well. I remember when that first aired, a bunch of friends and I gathered at my house and watched it live. It was fantastic.

-Tom Waits
    3 pistols, 38 years old, locked, sherpa, don't wake daddy, last of the unplucked gems, and so on and so on...!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

this is possibly the best set list i have ever seen from them. amazing!

enjoy the show in calgary direwolf! :)

BTW check the thread.. I predicted "puttin"..

Gotta agree, the 2006 setlist mix is one of the most epic of all tours, and I've been going to every Hip tour since august 1994..

Thank you Gord Sinclair!!

PS: Pigeon Camera from the previous 2006 show may be te first time they played that song since Gord forgot the words in the Somerville, Ma 7/28/02 show..?

Yes?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    So I saw the Hip last night at the Phoenix in TO. I have posted in this thread a couple times (and debated the merits of the Hip with Mr Wolf on a couple occasions). I would not call myself a Hip fan - I loved them 10 years ago when I was in highschool, but my taste in music has changed alot since then. I copied their new album off my little brother and I thought it was really good. My brother called me on Wednesday to say he had a ticket for the final night at the Phoenix and he couldnt get rid of it - so being the good samaritan that I am I took it off his hands. The show was good - not great IMO. The old stuff (38 Years Old, Last Of The Unplucked Gems, Blow At High Dough) all sounded kind off tired. The stuff i didnt know (Sherpa, Dont Wake Daddy and Put It Down?) did absolutely nothing for me, in fact they were kinda painful. Trunk Of A Car, Bob Caygeon and Lionized were AMAZING - really took me back, I havent heard those songs in a really long time. AND the new stuff was absolutely incredible - The Lonely End Of The Rink, In View, The Drop Off, Love Sic, The Kids Dont Get It and Not The Ocean all completely blew me away (esp. The Drop Off - Gords vocals in that song are insane, and the band was so tight). The band (and Gord in particular) seemed really energized playing the new tunes and I think they blew all the classics out of the water. So after the show i'd have to say I wont be rushing out to pick up Trouble At The Henhouse or Phantom Power BUT World Container is going to be spending ALOT of time in my CD player for the next few weeks - great album and I appreciate it way more after hearing how freaking great the songs sounded live.
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    let's talk about something important..

How do the concert shirts and hoodies look for this tour??
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    let's talk about something important..

How do the concert shirts and hoodies look for this tour??

I was wondering the same thing. I fully (and completely) expect to be buying at least a t-shirt and a poster for this tour. I already have so much Hip merch from past years that I could probably make a fortune if I ever decided to sell them on Ebay. But hey, a couple more items won't hurt!

-Tom Waits
  • I'v been lookin at this hip thread for about a year an have never posted, now i have a reason

I got row 10 floor seats for Oshawa my hometown(maybe i shouldn't admit that lol)

I'm suprised these seats came up i thought the hip fan club would have eaten these seats up.

Also grabbed decent 100 level seats for the ACC

So far with the 4 shows this week in toronto the setlists have looked great. The 2 fort york shows in the summer had great sets hopefully they keep the rare tunes comin out for this tour.