Options

** Eddie Vedder solo tour - 2nd leg **

Comments

• Options
    dumperdumper Posts: 39
    cant see the eddie vedder tickets for the 2 shows in Toronto on the ticketmaster site...am i missing something?
  • Options
    jtgreenjtgreen Posts: 75
    Hey Everyone,
    I don't post on here a lot (obviously) but I lurk like mad. Anyway.... With college resuming in a couple of weeks I won't have the time or money to make it to any of the shows, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to get me a poster from one of the Chicago shows and I'll pay you for the poster and a little extra for doing so. If anyone is willing, PM and we can work something out.
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • Options
    minifastcarminifastcar Mpls Posts: 27
    won't be able to make it to any shows....flat broke..... :(
    really, really, really sad...........................................
    1992 Tinley Park, 1995 Chicago (Mike Watt), 1995 Milwaukee, 1995 Chicago, 1998 Chicago, 1999 Tibetan Freedom Concert, 2000 Chicago, 2003 St Paul, 2003 Chicago, 2006 Chicago, 2006 St Paul, 2006 Los Angeles, 2009 Chicago 1, 2009 Chicago 2, 2011 Minneapolis (EV), 2011 East Troy 1, 2011 East Troy 2, 2013 Chicago, 2014 Moline, 2014 St Paul, 2016 Chicago 1, 2016 Chicago 2, 2016 Seattle (TOTH), 2018 Chicago 1, 2018 Chicago 2, 2022 Chicago (EV), 2022 St Louis
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    dumper wrote:
    cant see the eddie vedder tickets for the 2 shows in Toronto on the ticketmaster site...am i missing something?

you have to go to the roy thompson hall website

http://www.roythomson.com/home.cfm

cfny is having a presale tomorrow at 10 am ... password is vedder
  • Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    DC 2nd night went onsale almost 5 minutes late and then I was shut out again!!!!! Temp out of stock..I am sick of seeing that!!!!
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Took me 5 clicks, but I got my Milwaukee pair!!! WOO HOO!

First Ed solo show - first Pearl Jam show as a Ten Club member (had no luck getting the small Chicago show last year)!!!

Second overall show, the first being St. Paul night 2 in 2006. Not a full-fledged PJ show. Neither is this.

But I love all things Pearl Jam and I am stoked!!!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Team ChipTeam Chip Posts: 2
    I got my tickets to milwaukee!! It was pretty easy for me at least. My only time to see pearl jam/ev this year. Cool!
  • Options
    bpetersbpeters Posts: 6
    I had buy, clicked it, and it never went to my cart. I'm seriously upset about this. It happened three times to me for the Milwaukee show.
    Yeah, yeah, it's been awhile. And, no I have not only posted a few times, I've just had a ton with work and such. *sigh*
  • Options
    bpeters wrote:
    I had buy, clicked it, and it never went to my cart. I'm seriously upset about this. It happened three times to me for the Milwaukee show.

I've had no luck either. Been logged in and clicking refresh since 5 minutes before the official time. It's frustrating.
    And war,.... Break the sky and tell me what it's for
    I'll travel there on my own.

SLC: 11/02/95, 06/21/98 - LV: 10/22/00, 06/06/03, 07/06/06 - Seattle: 11/06/00 - Bridge: 10/21/01 -
    Denver: 04/01/03, 07/03/06 - SD: 06/05/03 - Chi: 05/16/06, 05/17/06
  • Options
    I missed out on both Toronto shows !!!...waited all day but guess I was to slow ..the tickets seemed to have sold out instantly !!!
    ..anyhow I might get luck with Ticketmaster later in the week

..maybe next time a lottery system might be better to give everyone a fair chance

Slane Castle Ireland, '93
    Sydney #1,#2,#3, '06
    Toronto '09
  • Options
    How long until the phrase "temporarily out of stock" becomes just "out of stock"?
    Do not enjoy moderation in excess...
  • Options
    ttmoranttmoran Posts: 16
    How long until the phrase "temporarily out of stock" becomes just "out of stock"?

After you click it for about half an hour
  • Options
    Man, how many tickets do they have reserved for the 10c? They're out of stock w/n seconds of the tickets appearing!

SLC: 11/02/95, 06/21/98 - LV: 10/22/00, 06/06/03, 07/06/06 - Seattle: 11/06/00 - Bridge: 10/21/01 -
  • Options
    Click it, get excited, then realize no tickets where allocated to you. Love it.
  • Options
    ttmoran wrote:
    Click it, get excited, then realize no tickets where allocated to you. Love it.

Exactly. Happened to me about 6 times today.

• Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    it's at 28 min since chicago went on sale. I'm now getting the temp out of stock. keep trying, I'm trying for 2nd nite anyway. gooood ruck everyone.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    He said don't forget to visit the Tshirts and other stuff sections if by any chance you are not able to get tickets.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    gotta understand, it takes time for all the credit cards to be ran and charged and if some are no go then the tix are available again.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    enessetenesset Posts: 13
    Guys we need this to be on a senoirity basis. This is excruciatingly frustrating to log in and keep hitting refresh and then not get the tickets.

People that follow the rules, pay their membership fee on time and have been in the club for way over 10 years and not being able to see the show before Lolla or this time (without dealing with ticketmaster) is really ridiculous.

I would love it if someone would post why its better to have the instant sell out rather than a rolling seniority....

Thanks
  • Options
    HkyPuck10HkyPuck10 Posts: 27
    I agree, makes you so happy when you hit buy and the it either takes you back to temp out of stock or it logs you out completely, kind of makes your blood pressure go up. The crazy pills can only calm you for so long..
    1998- Birmingham
    2000- Atlanta, Memphis, & Nashville
    2003- Birmingham, Nashville, & Atlanta
    2008- Columbia
    2009- Memphis (EV Solo)
    2009- Philadelphia (10/31)
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    enesset wrote:
    I would love it if someone would post why its better to have the instant sell out rather than a rolling seniority....
    New fans would never have a chance. I've been a member for 8 years, and I probably wouldn't even have a chance.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    enessetenesset Posts: 13
    Based on seniority each member should have a shot at one show. If you have been a member for x number of years and all the "fan club seats" are used by longer term members then so be it but members around the longest should have priority.

Frankly being member #19x,xxx there are a ton in front of me but if each member was limited to one show then there would be some "sense of order".

I live 6 hours from chicago (in relatively rural Iowa) and have been a member for ages and there is NO reason why I shouldn't be able to have a decent shot at seeing ONE show.

Thanks for the venting. -- Eric
  • Options
    zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    what are the odds of getting tickets on ticketmaster. I see there are already tix on stub hub, but anything on the floor starts at 600 dollars!! What about a fan club only show?
  • Options
    I got 2 extra tickets for Washington 2 i want to trade these for 2 Washington night 1 contact hflpjtrade@optonline.net
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    Make sure you get to the show early to see his ENTIRE set. He is amazing. His appearance on Letterman this past February is on YouTube.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Are 10C tickets guaranteed better seats than general sale tickets?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    enesset wrote:
    Guys we need this to be on a senoirity basis. This is excruciatingly frustrating to log in and keep hitting refresh and then not get the tickets.

People that follow the rules, pay their membership fee on time and have been in the club for way over 10 years and not being able to see the show before Lolla or this time (without dealing with ticketmaster) is really ridiculous.

Thanks

I just don't understand why no matter what happens people are complaining about the process, if you would have gotten tickets you would have thought it was the best process ever. I got tickets to the Milwaukee show with a member number of 210xxx I tried for the Chicago show last year and got completely snubbed, but there was no complaining from me. Lets just be happy that Eddie and Pearl Jam give us this opportunity to see these intimate shows. Sometimes it just comes down to luck. Yesterday I was lucky, but I have never been lucky before when it comes to Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,146
    I just don't understand why no matter what happens people are complaining about the process, if you would have gotten tickets you would have thought it was the best process ever. I got tickets to the Milwaukee show with a member number of 210xxx I tried for the Chicago show last year and got completely snubbed, but there was no complaining from me. Lets just be happy that Eddie and Pearl Jam give us this opportunity to see these intimate shows. Sometimes it just comes down to luck. Yesterday I was lucky, but I have never been lucky before when it comes to Pearl Jam.

Yeah I agree with this. In fact I felt both.

When I scored Milwaukee tix (got them because I knew Chicago would be tough) I thought the process seemed easy...then Chicago tix came around, and I had ever issue mentioned by others...first saying it was not for sale, then got the buy button only for it to say out of stock after I hit it...then logging me off after I got the buy button again...the whole gammit(sp?).

All in all it's a decent system. I'd much rather be getting all those problems then having the problems of the past when the whole site would freeze up...at least I had my shot at tix this time.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Becky407Becky407 Posts: 21
    enesset wrote:
    Guys we need this to be on a seniority basis. This is excruciatingly frustrating to log in and keep hitting refresh and then not get the tickets.

Thanks

That sucks if you didn't get tickets but I think it's a decent, fair way to hand them out the way they're doing it. That would be pretty wrong to do it by seniority. Basically you're saying "Ok, all of our older, long time fans can only go. We basically don't want our newer fans to experience more" Now I'm not saying I'm a new fan but probably newer then some people here seeing as I'm younger. I've listened since I've actually been able to say why I like this band or that so to me, all those years have been a long time.. Or maybe someone had a hard year one year or even a few years and couldn't renew their membership but they could be PJ's biggest fans.

I think out of all the way this could be done, it's probably one of the best. I saw Eddie in L.A. and I couldn't be more excited that I got tickets to both Chicago shows. I didn't get tickets for the first one until 25 minutes after they opened.. so you just had to keep trying.

I don't know. It sucks if you didn't get them, but if you did, would this still really be an issue?
  • Options
    perkjam20perkjam20 Nashville Posts: 175
    Anyone have an extra chicago 1 edv ticket....no luck on the fanclub sale. will pick up drinks too!
This discussion has been closed.