Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    Maple Jar wrote:
    Chicagone, where did you snag the HOB test print? Sweet collection.
    I was lucky enough to get it at the show somehow. It was a nutty night.First I get a one of one test print of the HOB show then Eddie grabbed my memorial flag and he said a few words about it after alive on the HOB show. That was the best night ever and that test print is too wicked!! Not like the crappy ones that Ames sold with their package deal for the Canadian tour. This is a true test print and a one of one, sweet!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    Chicagone wrote:
    I was lucky enough to get it at the show somehow. It was a nutty night.First I get a one of one test print of the HOB show then Eddie grabbed my memorial flag and he said a few words about it after alive on the HOB show. That was the best night ever and that test print is too wicked!! Not like the crappy ones that Ames sold with their package deal for the Canadian tour. This is a true test print and a one of one, sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Thats wicked man. Was that the banner in memory of your lost friend? Ed sang Save You after that part? If not, sorry to confuse! :) I love the HOB Boot :)
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    most impressive chicagone.

you've got ~$2K-$3K worth of art right there.

Sshhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're never supposed to talk about supposed values of pieces of paper. They are worthless to some and priceless to others. To me, I havn't decided yet, which way to go.
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:
    Thats wicked man. Was that the banner in memory of your lost friend? Ed sang Save You after that part? If not, sorry to confuse! :) I love the HOB Boot :)
    Correct you are, that was me he was talking to. Woo hoo!! :):):)
    Here's a link with a few pictures of the flag and Eddie at the end holding it -
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f266/locolion/?sc=3
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
  • Options
    That's a bloody pricey piece you have there...I was checking one out in Calgary. There isn't too many made. I was lucky enough to get the EMEK limited edition for the NIN/Queens/Death from Above show when I was there.
  • Options
    oktacoma wrote:
    I got my frame and materials for my Gorge poster today from americanframe.com and I immediately put it together and hung it up! This was the first poster I ever framed and I was pleased with how it turned out:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/oktacoma/100_0097.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/oktacoma/100_0105.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/oktacoma/100_0107.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/oktacoma/100_0110.jpg

Now I need to get my Vancouver and Borgata posters done!!

That looks fantastic. If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost you? I'll send you a pm as well in case you would rather answer that way.
  • Options
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    Chicagone wrote:
    Correct you are, that was me he was talking to. Woo hoo!! :):):)
    Here's a link with a few pictures of the flag and Eddie at the end holding it -
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f266/locolion/?sc=3

Thats so awsome man...very touching. Totally wicked of Ed to acknowledge you (or you guys/gals!) and your friend, up on stage. Then to display the flag, AND dedicate a song...amazing. It's unfortunate you lost a friend, very sad to hear, please accept my condolenses. Way to go keeping the memory alive.

PS - That's one awsome poster collection!

Krohn
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:
    Thats so awsome man...very touching. Totally wicked of Ed to acknowledge you (or you guys/gals!) and your friend, up on stage. Then to display the flag, AND dedicate a song...amazing. It's unfortunate you lost a friend, very sad to hear, please accept my condolenses. Way to go keeping the memory alive.

PS - That's one awsome poster collection!

Krohn
    Thanks for the props! Very kind of you. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to witness that unbelievable night, there were many friends and cool people there and now everyone can hear Eddie on the bootleg. That's kick ass. Thanks again. Here's a little update.
    That collection is ok - check out this one -

http://www.kodakgallery.com/chicagone_pictures
  • Options
    I have a quick question, I'm planning on getting something like this: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-supply/catalogs/0040100000000 to store my posters after reading a recommendation for it earlier in the thread, but I was wondering if it's acid free (or if that matters for something like this) and if I need to use mylar corners..any help would be appreciated. thanks.
  • Options
    mhterrapin wrote:
    I have a quick question, I'm planning on getting something like this: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-supply/catalogs/0040100000000 to store my posters after reading a recommendation for it earlier in the thread, but I was wondering if it's acid free (or if that matters for something like this) and if I need to use mylar corners..any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    I am pretty sure that they are acid free, and the paper in the middle is acid free. I have one and I didn't use mylar corners, but I don't see why you couldn't. Check out my exact same portfolio as the one you are looking at jerrysartarama. - http://www.kodakgallery.com/chicagone_pictures
  • Options
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options

Looks nice!!!!!!
    Thoughts arrive like butterflies.....
  • Options
    Evenflow23 wrote:
    Looks nice!!!!!!

Thanks...the poster "was" mint until I slipped and fell on the ice outside of my apartment on the way to Michael's to get it framed. At least you can't see the creases from farther away. I love this poster!
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    Thanks...the poster "was" mint until I slipped and fell on the ice outside of my apartment on the way to Michael's to get it framed. At least you can't see the creases from farther away. I love this poster!

Were you just holding the poster in your hands when you took it to get framed? I just put mine back in the tube when I go to the framer.
  • Options
    AstroFan wrote:
    Were you just holding the poster in your hands when you took it to get framed? I just put mine back in the tube when I go to the framer.

No, I got it on ebay and had it in the tube it came in. I had another tube that it was delivered in, but it was way too big to carry. When I slipped, my arm landed right in the middle of the tube and it wasn't too strong so it bent and creased the poster. I was pissed because it was the only patch of ice on the sidewalk as it was warmer that whole week and all the ice melted, but our gutters leaked and created the one slick spot that I was lucky enough to step on. :(

It just looks a bit wavy in the frame and the black part has a little crease in it.
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Ok everyone I just got my poster from Mystery Sale Round 3 and I want to finally frame a poster the right way and make it look nice. So I was looking through these pages and got some good ideas but they are a few questions I have.

I wound up getting Philly '05 and I just took some measurements. If I measured everything right the dimensions are 18 7/8" x 22 3/8"

So I'd like to get the double matte with grey being the first layer and the outer layer being the same color blue that's in the poster.

So what size matting should I get and what size frame would I need to hold all of this together?

Thanks!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    Chicagone- Thanks for the help. I'm going to get that portfolio for sure now. It seems like a great way to store posters because you can easily look through them...and your collection is great by the way!
  • Options
    ok... i just have a question on the best way to frame my posters... i mean... i want these for the rest of my life... so probably like another 70 years... is it best to use an acid free mat with the poster... cause i just got my boston '03 framed and its kindof a weird long shape so i got a custom frame (no room for a mat)... but theres acid free backing and nonreflective glass... ive got like 10 other posters still waiting to be framed... i just want to know whats the best thing to do to keep them for a long time... prevent fading etc... thanks :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    lukin321 wrote:
    Ok everyone I just got my poster from Mystery Sale Round 3 and I want to finally frame a poster the right way and make it look nice. So I was looking through these pages and got some good ideas but they are a few questions I have.

I wound up getting Philly '05 and I just took some measurements. If I measured everything right the dimensions are 18 7/8" x 22 3/8"

So I'd like to get the double matte with grey being the first layer and the outer layer being the same color blue that's in the poster.

So what size matting should I get and what size frame would I need to hold all of this together?

Thanks!

It depends on how big you want each mat to be. If you're taking it to a framer they should do all that work for you, but it'll be more expensive than if you ordered through something like American Frame. I believe if you put in the poster size on American Frame and then put in the size of the mat(s) you want, they should be able to do the rest for you.
  • Options
    i buy a $10 18x 24 poster frame from michaels. cut 1/2 inch off each side and hang it on my wall
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    AstroFan wrote:
    It depends on how big you want each mat to be. If you're taking it to a framer they should do all that work for you, but it'll be more expensive than if you ordered through something like American Frame. I believe if you put in the poster size on American Frame and then put in the size of the mat(s) you want, they should be able to do the rest for you.

Ok thanks, I'll give that site a look and see if I can figure it out
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Options
    Just got 2 of the 24"x36" portfolios from jerrysartarama.com- I will be putting my posters that have been flattening out for a while now. I got 30 extra sheets for them and a big ass storage box for the rest of the collection that won't fit in the portfolio. I will post some pictures tomorrow of my small collection.
  • Options
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    grrr....i got like 5 more posters that have been flattening under heavy books for some time now....must get frames...but money is tight...gotta wait and see how im gonna get tour tickets before more framing! but i got a few frames that are custom (Actually fit) and then i got a bunch of standard frames all the same size and put a buncha posters in them and just kinda used the white background as "matting" lol some are slipping of course but it still looks pretty cool cos i got a wall that has 5 of them in a row...will get those framed better after i get the 5 on my table done and after i get more money! AHHH i need more money!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    r1vers wrote:

sweet, never saw that one before