framed poster thread

Comments

• JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    FrankBauer wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    Nice!

Barry signed mine at Alpine, but on the back. It says, "PJ20 - REACH DOWN!"

very cool.

not sure whats up with the ames bros not signing the prints on the front. do it in marker if you feel like its too much the same as the s/n artist edition. bk signed everyones 1st edition in pencil which was very cool of him.

curious though, does anyone know why colby didn't sign these? did he not contribute to this print at all? were none of the designs on the print his? it would've cool if both of 'em took part in designing and had signed the artist edition...

It's definitely an overall Barry design, but Colby did create some of the characters in it. They should have both signed it, I think.

Colby signed mine, with Barry, but on the back, as well.
  • PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
    Does anyone have any ideas of a cool way to display the Benny Hall? Of course, its too thick for a standard vinyl frame, so I was thinking of getting a shadow box. Has anyone does this yet?
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
  • PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    Does anyone have any ideas of a cool way to display the Benny Hall? Of course, its too thick for a standard vinyl frame, so I was thinking of getting a shadow box. Has anyone does this yet?

It would probably look best taken out of the package and spinning on your turntable. :D
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:

It would probably look best taken out of the package and spinning on your turntable. :D

If I had one of those thats what I would be doing.... spinning it...

There are frames that u can hang vinyls in as a whole but did u want to hang the vinyl showing....
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Just got my Adelaide 2006 poster back from the framers and dropped off another one for next Sunday. ;) The matt looks kinda fire engine red in the pic but it's more a blood red in real life and an antique-looking gold frame which set me back a little. :?
    Poster002-2.jpg
    Poster001-1.jpg
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Loulou wrote:
    Just got my Adelaide 2006 poster back from the framers and dropped off another one for next Sunday. ;) The matt looks kinda fire engine red in the pic but it's more a blood red in real life and an antique-looking gold frame which set me back a little. :?
    Poster002-2.jpg
    Poster001-1.jpg

Ohhhhh fancy!!! I love it!! :D
    And I normally am not a fan of gold---but this is sweet! Goes great with the print. Reminds me
    Of a birthday card someone made me :)

What did you drop off for next week?
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Got pearl jam posters from the 30th and 31st Philly spectrum 2009 hanging up ... Not the best looking posters to look at but badass either way.
    Loulou wrote:
    Poster002-2.jpg
    Poster001-1.jpg

Ohhhhh fancy!!! I love it!! :D
    And I normally am not a fan of gold---but this is sweet! Goes great with the print. Reminds me
    Of a birthday card someone made me :)

What did you drop off for next week?
    Thanks girl, yeah I'm not usually a fan of gold either but it kinda seemed fitting with this. I dropped off that 2010 Bilbao poster, it's getting a purple matt and a black and silver frame. Hopefully it looks pretty good. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Loulou wrote:
    Poster002-2.jpg
    Poster001-1.jpg

very very nice. classy, even! wow.

Here is one i just got back from the framer.

upload2.jpg

upload.jpg

This is an uncut, signed Tara McPherson QOTSA, Vancouver 2005.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Loulou wrote:
    Poster002-2.jpg
    Poster001-1.jpg
    Nice poster! And the frame job is pretty cool too. ;)
  • New frame in the house, still need to find a place for it.
    It's double wood frame, thick black and thin orange frame plus black mat.

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    New frame in the house, still need to find a place for it.

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg

:thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • New frame in the house, still need to find a place for it.

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg

I like it!

I get mine back from my framer next week I hope. I went with a thick black frame like my others but with a 1/4" blue mat that matches the dragon and a white mat around that. I'll share pics when I can.

There's so many ways to frame this poster.
    :mrgreen:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    BLACK35 wrote:

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg

:thumbup:
    no.....double thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Poster #3, thanks to mookie1:

IMG00010-20111103-1225-1.jpg

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg
    That looks really cool! :thumbup:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • NAISNAIS Posts: 69
    edited November 2011
    Here is the first I've had framed, the Cleveland 2003 show. Not a popular poster, but it was a show we attended on wife's 30th birthday, and the little girl bears a striking resemblance to my daughter. Michael's turned this around in 2 weeks, still waiting for them to finish my Alpine Valley Klausen in frame with tickets.

IMG_20111104_165944.jpg
    Post edited by NAIS on
    98: Cleveland
    2k: Columbus, Seattle I
    03: Cleveland, Columbus
    04: Toledo
    06: Cleveland
    10: Cleveland, MSG II
    11: Alpine Valley PJ20 I and II
    12: Music Midtown Festival (Atlanta)
    13: Wrigley, Brooklyn II
    14: Cincy
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    NAIS wrote:
    Here is the first I've had framed. Not a popular poster, but it was a show we attended on wife's 30th birthday, and the little girl bears a striking resemblance to my daughter. Michael's turned this around in 2 weeks, still waiting for them to finish my Alpine Valley Klausen in frame with tickets.

IMG_20111104_165944.jpg

what show is that?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg

Nice work Niko... looks great.

how'd you get your hands on one of those? Didn't think you made it there.... did you?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    pjradio wrote:
    NAIS wrote:
    Here is the first I've had framed. Not a popular poster, but it was a show we attended on wife's 30th birthday, and the little girl bears a striking resemblance to my daughter. Michael's turned this around in 2 weeks, still waiting for them to finish my Alpine Valley Klausen in frame with tickets.

what show is that?

cleveland 2003
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182

PB033146.jpg

PB033141.jpg

Whats the size of the frame? Just got mine the other day but I want to leave room for the ticket stubs.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    NAIS wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    NAIS wrote:

what show is that?

cleveland 2003

thx...looks great...didn't catch that show but, LOVE IT!!...my new search has begun!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • pjradio wrote:
    NAIS wrote:

cleveland 2003

thx...looks great...didn't catch that show but, LOVE IT!!...my new search has begun!

I've got the champaign 03 framed---same poster but in blue. It was the first I ever hung on my wall. I love it so much...,I plan to eventually get the girl inked on the back of my shoulder. Funny you say it looks like your daughter- my mom says it looks like me when I was small.

Great job, btw. :thumbup: I've got mine in a simple black frame, but now I kinda wanna do it up a bit in a nicer frame and matte job.
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.

I've got the champaign 03 framed---same poster but in blue. It was the first I ever hung on my wall. I love it so much...,I plan to eventually get the girl inked on the back of my shoulder. Funny you say it looks like your daughter- my mom says it looks like me when I was small.

Great job, btw. :thumbup: I've got mine in a simple black frame, but now I kinda wanna do it up a bit in a nicer frame and matte job.

Thanks! The Champaign poster is cool too, I'm not a big fan of the different posters that are simply a color change, but that one was nicely done. The fact that the 4 colors are fairly evenly used through the poster gives some good options for the matting. Not sure why these posters aren't highly thought of, but it's fine by me, kept the price low on the resale market.
  • NAIS wrote:

Thanks! The Champaign poster is cool too, I'm not a big fan of the different posters that are simply a color change, but that one was nicely done. The fact that the 4 colors are fairly evenly used through the poster gives some good options for the matting. Not sure why these posters aren't highly thought of, but it's fine by me, kept the price low on the resale market.

I'm not a huge fan of the color change posters either (or Ames bros, to be honest) but I really love this one...
    Makes much more sense...

• shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    pjradio wrote:
    NAIS wrote:

cleveland 2003

That Champaign show was one of my favorie shows....GREAT BOOT. Best version of Save me and F. Son
  • JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    cleveland 03 is still one of my favorite prints of all time. i loved it the second i saw it at the show
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Dropped off my Toronto Night 1 Munk One AP at the framers today....

should get it back the day after we move into the new house.... can't wait to find a place to put it!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    shep wrote:

should get it back the day after we move into the new house.... can't wait to find a place to put it!

CONGRATS on the new house !!!!
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • shep wrote:

Congratulation for the new house, that is awesome. Don't forget to put some pics here once you put your posters on the walls ;)

I didn't make it to the PJ20 :( but good mad Don got me few prints Klausen and Hampton :D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.