Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aus_suz wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone frame the dinner table one for PJ20? Not really into posters but wanted something to remember it and since I didn't get shit there, I just bought that. Would love to get some ideas if anyone has it framed.

I think it has been posted framed in here..

IMG_4222.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    maverick wrote:

Any suggestions on how you would frame the variant? Can you insert the variant into the same mat choices to see what it would look like? Would you do something different? Clearly you have a good eye for framing.

here I made few suggestions
    BKframeset-1.jpg
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Just got 2 of my PJ20 posters back from the framing shop...

SDC11628-1.jpg
    SDC11581-1.jpg
    SDC11618-1.jpg
    SDC11638-1.jpg
    SDC11641-1.jpg
    SDC11622-1.jpg

SDC11579-1.jpg
    SDC11637-1.jpg
    SDC11643-1.jpg

Have to do the Justin Hampton NEXT!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Really nice PJ20 set derbydave, blue and red details are really cool :thumbup:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Those look great Dave!
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    So it is not Pearl Jam but it is a Seattle Band "Alice In Chains". I became a member of their fan club as soon as they regrouped. My wife responded to an email "thanks for becoming a member respond to this email for a free gift" I ignored the email, she did not & a few weeks later we get this poster in a tube, and she thought it "this is nice". I said "yeah its pretty cool huh?"

Upon closer observation and it being in the tube for a few weeks I noticed it was signed by the band! Only autographed piece I have in my Music memorabilia collection. I painted the room it hangs in off of the greenish shirt in the picture, so the room and poster match. I get compliments on the color of the room by many people I just say I picked the color from the Alice In Chains poster. LoL

ry%3D400
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    redkeeth wrote:
    So it is not Pearl Jam but it is a Seattle Band "Alice In Chains". I became a member of their fan club as soon as they regrouped. My wife responded to an email "thanks for becoming a member respond to this email for a free gift" I ignored the email, she did not & a few weeks later we get this poster in a tube, and she thought it "this is nice". I said "yeah its pretty cool huh?"

Upon closer observation and it being in the tube for a few weeks I noticed it was signed by the band! Only autographed piece I have in my Music memorabilia collection. I painted the room it hangs in off of the greenish shirt in the picture, so the room and poster match. I get compliments on the color of the room by many people I just say I picked the color from the Alice In Chains poster. LoL

ry%3D400

good get!....cherish that one! & display it proudly!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11628-1.jpg
    SDC11581-1.jpg
    SDC11618-1.jpg
    SDC11638-1.jpg
    SDC11641-1.jpg
    SDC11622-1.jpg

SDC11579-1.jpg
    SDC11637-1.jpg
    SDC11643-1.jpg

Hey Dave, just out of curiosity, where did you have those done and if you don't mind saying, how much did they run? I really like the wristband and ticket layout.
  • Options
    redkeeth wrote:

ry%3D400

That is one cool poster and signed :shock: awesome!!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Heisenberg wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11628-1.jpg
    SDC11581-1.jpg
    SDC11618-1.jpg
    SDC11638-1.jpg
    SDC11641-1.jpg
    SDC11622-1.jpg

SDC11579-1.jpg
    SDC11637-1.jpg
    SDC11643-1.jpg

Hey Dave, just out of curiosity, where did you have those done and if you don't mind saying, how much did they run? I really like the wristband and ticket layout.
    Hey Matt,
    I had these done at The Framing Center.
    They have 3 locations in Columbus...
    Kingsdale, Polaris & Dublin.
    I use the Polaris location & they alway do a GREAT JOB!!!
    The Klausen was about $200 & the Ames Bros. was $175,
    not bad for 2 mattes with the extra openings and I always get the non-reflective glass too!!
    They have a 25% off coupon available on their website!!
    I'm taking the Justin Hampton poster in this week.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    maverick wrote:

Any suggestions on how you would frame the variant? Can you insert the variant into the same mat choices to see what it would look like? Would you do something different? Clearly you have a good eye for framing.

BKframeset-1.jpg

that's amazing how different frames affect the final image.

any chance you could have a go at suggestions for these if you get chance?
    I really want an idea or two before I head to the framers....

SotoEVTriptych2011Small.jpg

Part One:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Pm26nlUvGw/TiMr_acUFgI/AAAAAAAADvI/rBh8QcEP934/s1600/EV1.jpg

Part Two:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D0B1Vk73res/TiMoBMJp1VI/AAAAAAAADvE/SsWEwlV2xqc/s1600/EVUSA.jpg

Part Three:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X7849lerGYY/TiMn7zC3eMI/AAAAAAAADvA/YTOJUb1uvMI/s1600/EVSeattle2.jpg

Triptych:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oGFWJgKUwj8/TiMnq99sWrI/AAAAAAAADu8/Ilc4ReUl6g0/s1600/SotoEVTriptych2011Small.jpg
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 28 Oct 96
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 29 May 00
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 30 May 00
    PJ - Cardiff International Arena, 06 June 00
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 18 Jun 07
    PJ - O2 London, 18 Aug 09
    PJ - O2 Dublin, 22 Jun 10
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 30 Jul 12
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 31 Jul 12
    PJ - Leeds First Direct Arena, 08 Jul 14
    PJ - Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 Jul 14
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 06 Jun 17
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 07 Jun 17
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 18 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 19 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 17 Jul 18
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    maverick wrote:

BKframeset-1.jpg

that's amazing how different frames affect the final image.

SotoEVTriptych2011Small.jpg

Part One:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_Pm26nlUvGw/TiMr_acUFgI/AAAAAAAADvI/rBh8QcEP934/s1600/EV1.jpg

Part Two:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D0B1Vk73res/TiMoBMJp1VI/AAAAAAAADvE/SsWEwlV2xqc/s1600/EVUSA.jpg

Part Three:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-X7849lerGYY/TiMn7zC3eMI/AAAAAAAADvA/YTOJUb1uvMI/s1600/EVSeattle2.jpg

Triptych:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oGFWJgKUwj8/TiMnq99sWrI/AAAAAAAADu8/Ilc4ReUl6g0/s1600/SotoEVTriptych2011Small.jpg

Hey there... My 2c...

What Niko did for the original looks amazing... not sure it works so well for the variant... just my 2c, but to me looking at the mattings, they draw away from the artwork... now matting should not detract from it... They would still look good, but perhaps with a darker matting?

Besides, Dirrty Frank has more experience then me in this... I've got 5 framed verse his 805 and now I see he has done this, can I ask for your advice in a few weeks time?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    redkeeth wrote:

ry%3D400

that might be the coolest thing i have seen in a long time ..... can you send me more pictures of ?? closer .... and whos the artist ??
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    redkeeth wrote:

ry%3D400

that might be the coolest thing i have seen in a long time ..... can you send me more pictures of ?? closer .... and whos the artist ??

The poster is by GIGART (Gregg Gordon). These were originally for the Alice in Chains fan club in 2008.

There's still some available on his site (not band signed): http://www.gigart.com/2008/2008.grid.htm#
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    yahamita wrote:
    There is NO ONE on this message board who can compete with mdgsolo's collection..I seen it with my own eyes...I would put all my money on this one for sure.. I have pics of all his posters I took personally as proof! hahaha..gotcha Matt! hehehe...If he give's me permission,,I will post a few....

I'll take that bet ... :D
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    redkeethredkeeth Posts: 123
    Mattylew wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    redkeeth wrote:

ry%3D400

The poster is by GIGART (Gregg Gordon). These were originally for the Alice in Chains fan club in 2008.

There's still some available on his site (not band signed): http://www.gigart.com/2008/2008.grid.htm#

yeah they made 220 signed (I think) mine is #212 so either I was 8th in line or almost missed my chance and only 8 were available after mine?

Who knows? all I know, is I owe my wife big time b/c I thought it would be a sticker or something less cool.
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Has anyone here successfully framed a laminated poster? Can it be done? Or does it look shit..
    MJ

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    My wife just had this framed for my birthday :D

museums2011153-1.jpg

museums2011154-2-1.jpg

museums2011151-1.jpg

museums2011149-1.jpg

museums2011152-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Nice job on the EV Seattle- looks great
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    My wife just had this framed for my birthday :D

museums2011153-1.jpg
    museums2011149-1.jpg

Beautiful job !!!!

:clap::clap:
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    edited November 2011

Here few suggestions for EV Soto tris

First one is just mat in 3 different shades of blue
    and the second one is double wood frame, this inside with colors and black frame
    hope you like it, this is what I would do....when I get Providence one that I am missing :cry:

Sototris.jpg
    Post edited by Dirty Frankk on
  • Options
    I've been eyeing this thread for a while. You guys have done a great job! Some of you have quite the collection!

I'm looking to frame some of my posters - on the cheap! I got cheap frames for my Toronto '06 and Mansfield 2 '08 posters a couple of years ago, and even if it's cheap, I'd rather have my posters framed cheaply than sitting in a tube. Since some of my other posters don't fit the "regular" frame sizes, I have to customize or do it myself.

Anyway, I notice a lot of people have used American Frame. Have Canadians used this? If so, how much was the shipping (website says that free shipping only applies to 48 continental states)? Or is there something similar in Canada? Wood vs. Metal? I prefer the look of wood, but when I checked out AF, the wood DIY framing wasn't that much cheaper than custom framing. Do most of you use metal to frame cheaply?

I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to framing and I find that matting (and the frame in some cases) can take away from the poster itself. I'm thinking I won't use matting for many of my posters... and the ones I do, it would just be black (e.g., Toronto '09).

Thanks for any help! :)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    when I get Provance one that I am missing :cry:

I'm still trying for your Providence!!
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    edited November 2011
    Anyway, I notice a lot of people have used American Frame. Have Canadians used this? If so, how much was the shipping (website says that free shipping only applies to 48 continental states)? Or is there something similar in Canada? Wood vs. Metal? I prefer the look of wood, but when I checked out AF, the wood DIY framing wasn't that much cheaper than custom framing. Do most of you use metal to frame cheaply?

I live in Ottawa and did my first home frame job with american frame a few weeks ago. Building the actually frame was super easy and cost between half and a third of what Michael's quoted me. I haven't framed any PJ stuff yet (I did a test run on a small Guinness toucan print that was a weird size and wouldn't fit into a standard size frame). It looks awesome I am now itching to do my Ottawa poster. It was really expensive to ship to Canada (like 50 bucks or something which didn't include the possibility of being hit with duty or brokerage fees) so I signed up at kinek.com and got myself a US mailing address. It is free to sign up and you just pay when you pick up somethin $5 per pick up. Then you just drive the stuff over the border yourself. If you live anywhere near a border I totaly recommend this. As soon as Christmas is over and I have money again I am totally doing my Ottawa print like this.

Speak of which has anyone tried to Frame the poster from the latest ottawa show. It is damn near impossible I think to match the blue or the orange so I am thinking I might just do a thick black metal frame with a white mat? I don't really want to do two mats since the print already has an orange box around it. Addind another thin box around it with the second mat I think would be hard on the eyes since it would go Orange box/white part of print/bottom mat box/top mat frame. It would look like one of those pictures where it is a picture in a picture in a picture or something. Anyone have any other thoughts?
    Post edited by Kel Varnsen on
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,471
    I have framed and hung almost 20 pj posters and have not used matte on any of them. I typically buy the same 1" square black metal frame and they look great. I have chosen to reduce cost in favor of getting most of them done and hung and am overall happy about the decision.
  • Options
    when I get Provance one that I am missing :cry:

I'm still trying for your Providence!!

Thanks man :thumbup:
  • Options

Here few suggestions for EV Soto tris

First one is just mat in 3 different shades of blue
    and the second one is double wood frame, this inside with colors and black frame
    hope you like it, this is what I would do....when I get Providence one that I am missing :cry:

Sototris.jpg

Thanks Niko, really like the second option :clap:

Hope you manage to score a Providence to complete your set, I had to get my Butterfly 'Tour' poster from eBay after missing out on Soto's sale.
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 28 Oct 96
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 29 May 00
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 30 May 00
    PJ - Cardiff International Arena, 06 June 00
    PJ - Wembley Arena, 18 Jun 07
    PJ - O2 London, 18 Aug 09
    PJ - O2 Dublin, 22 Jun 10
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 30 Jul 12
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 31 Jul 12
    PJ - Leeds First Direct Arena, 08 Jul 14
    PJ - Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 Jul 14
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 06 Jun 17
    EV - Hammersmith Apollo, 07 Jun 17
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 18 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 19 Jun 18
    PJ - O2 Arena, London, 17 Jul 18
  • Options
    Anyway, I notice a lot of people have used American Frame. Have Canadians used this? If so, how much was the shipping (website says that free shipping only applies to 48 continental states)? Or is there something similar in Canada?

I live in Ottawa and did my first home frame job with american frame a few weeks ago. Building the actually frame was super easy and cost between half and a third of what Michael's quoted me. I haven't framed any PJ stuff yet (I did a test run on a small Guinness toucan print that was a weird size and wouldn't fit into a standard size frame). It looks awesome I am now itching to do my Ottawa poster. It was really expensive to ship to Canada (like 50 bucks or something which didn't include the possibility of being hit with duty or brokerage fees) so I signed up at kinek.com and got myself a US mailing address. It is free to sign up and you just pay when you pick up somethin $5 per pick up. Then you just drive the stuff over the border yourself. If you live anywhere near a border I totaly recommend this. As soon as Christmas is over and I have money again I am totally doing my Ottawa print like this.

Kineck is a really cool idea, but I don't live near the border. Thanks for the advice, though.
  • Options
    Here are my posters I mat them myself so they are not perfect, there are some I still need to mat. I only frame the shows I go to unless its a art print like the eddie vedder ones I have. I am waiting for my DC Reaper poster to get here then Ill have every show Ive been to framed and up except MSG2
    x1lunp.jpg
    jb1mva.jpg
    10za4na.jpg
    im2as8.jpg
    2dvszn9.jpg
    sywfog.jpg
    154epvr.jpg
    9jgf36.jpg
    505w1g.jpg
    2sba5om.jpg
    10eg4km.jpg
    n1xeu9.jpg
    t86kaw.jpg
    2elbg48.jpg
    10de5g8.jpg
    2lx6xvp.jpg
    xqe33d.jpg
    2dr5oc2.jpg
    1z3b6vn.jpg
    33c5bfo.jpg
    35jas6e.jpg
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    That Ed Philly poster is hideous... I was so pissed when I saw the artwork at the show....
    This too shall pass.....