Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,879
    Sort of yes, the painting walls to fit the prints was more prominent 'in' our last house... But when we moved we tried to keep it 'in' keeping but with more neutral colours

The signed stuff? I have a very kind friend who helped me there.

I've been collecting since around 1998-2000 although buying their CDs and singles as they were released since 1993 too. The framed stuff barely touches the surface....

http://lnx.pjcollectors.com/phpBB3/view ... 8&start=15

Most of what I have is pictured 'in' the 5 pages from page 2... It's a bit out of hand if I'm honest

aus_suz wrote:
    How have u managed to get so much signed stuff..
    btw u have a very nice looking house..
    Did u paint the walls to match your posters or did u match
    the posters to your walls? just curious :)
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    AMAZING COLLECTION PDALOWSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Sort of yes, the painting walls to fit the prints was more prominent 'in' our last house... But when we moved we tried to keep it 'in' keeping but with more neutral colours

I've been collecting since around 1998-2000 although buying their CDs and singles as they were released since 1993 too. The framed stuff barely touches the surface....

Most of what I have is pictured 'in' the 5 pages from page 2... It's a bit out of hand if I'm honest

aus_suz wrote:

That is just an AMAZING 8-) collection. I have friends that would kill for me :twisted:, really . But it seams you have much nicer 8-) friends :lol: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    pdalowsky wrote:

That collection is amazing! You have some really rare stuff. Plus, you have like 30 copies of Vs.

Based on the pictures, it looks like you finally found the ipod that you were searching for.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    pdalowsky wrote:

aus_suz wrote:

JEEZ! Sick collection!!! I can only imagine the time and money it's taken to get to that stage. Phenomenal.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    I just picked up my framed Berlin poster and I love the final result. The shop did a great job in my opinion, totally happy with it!

453.jpg

451.jpg
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Erik1977 wrote:
    I just picked up my framed Berlin poster and I love the final result. The shop did a great job in my opinion, totally happy with it!

453.jpg

451.jpg

That Berlin looks amazing
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 999
    just wondering, why do you have so many cds? surely 1 of each is enough
    pdalowsky wrote:

aus_suz wrote:
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    pdalowsky wrote:

aus_suz wrote:

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the way its displayed...
    Not that I have lots of stuff I would love to get everything together somehow....
    Im surprised u dont collect vinyl tho.........
    Any reason why?
    Whats your 10c number?
    U must have a very understanding and supporting wife.....
    or is she a massive PJ fan too?

Ive had a couple of mylar folders to put my posters in for several yrs now Im still
    apprehensive about doing it..in case silver fish or something manage to get into the folder around the
    zip space... Wish I was confident about it...
  • Options
    Erik1977 wrote:

453.jpg

451.jpg

U must be pleased.....looks good :)
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

aus_suz wrote:

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the way its displayed...
    Not that I have lots of stuff I would love to get everything together somehow....
    Im surprised u dont collect vinyl tho.........
    Any reason why?
    Whats your 10c number?
    U must have a very understanding and supporting wife.....
    or is she a massive PJ fan too?

Ive had a couple of mylar folders to put my posters in for several yrs now Im still
    apprehensive about doing it..in case silver fish or something manage to get into the folder around the
    zip space... Wish I was confident about it...

Thanks for the nice words.....its funny you either get a 'wow thats cool' reaction, or cross the road 'that dude has issues' reaction.....and you know I understand both

Its funny, my collection is a reasonable size now, but its nothing and I mean nothing compared to some over at PJC....one guy imparticular has everything I have BUT twice....one opened and one sealed, and every vinyl, test press etc known to the world......photographing it would be a task unto itself.

Vinyl.....well i think im in the minority when it comes to vinyl....I mean I have some, its packed away, but not much, it just doesnt excite me, I never really got it, and of course I know Im pretty much on my own when it comes to this. I used to love reading the liner notes, the breaking open a new record....but these days i have no facilities to play them so i have never started buying them. The other thing is if i did go there, because of the equipment I would want (some of those air valve amps) I would probably have to move house to be able to play them properly and to buy that stuff I would need around £10,000.00....plus the costs of the records. I have a friend who is madly into Alice Cooper, he has over 100,000 vinyls, the collection spans rooms and rooms in his rather huge house.......and he has the perfect turntable set up...the sound it produces is breathtaking. I would want that. After hearing it, nothing else would compare. So I have to draw the line there, plus the amount I have spent getting this far is already bordering on the absurd.It was always easy spending money on this when times were good and my responsibilities were almost non existant....now with a second child on the way, I have to be more sensible and my priorities have shifted vastly. I still love collecting.....but the big buys these days are more limited....I will only break the bank for one more item, and its no secret around here what that is.

I have various had various ten club numbers, I let it expire the first time whilst i was at university.....days before the internet, and I never got the reminder or newsletter because it was at my parents house, and then around 2002, i totally forgot....even so im not too upset, being in europe - it hasnt mattered yet - i pretty much always get on or around the front row by waiting patiently for most of the day in a queue!! I will regret it one day i know when Eddie tours solo in Europe and the seating is mandatory.....that will be a kick in the behind for sure

As for my wife. She isnt even remotely a PJ fan. Its fair to say she doesnt get it at all. Shes one of the dance 'music' fans. Opposites attract right? But shes always been extremely cool about what i collect and what I frame. As long as they done right, and look good shes happy for me to do what i do. She took objection to the reaper and dusseldorf....and you know i understand that, yet they are still dispalyed on our walls.....They are all great discussion pieces when we have friends around.....people always ask about them.....whilst giving me that look :lol:

My posters have been in the flat files for 5 years plus now and touch wood I have never had anything get to them......they are very very very good.
  • Options
    far out did a long post and it logged me out so didnt post when I clicked send..........stupid site..

So what is your holy grail ...do tell?
  • Options
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=774

This is the item that I hallucinate about.....

One day ....maybe.....

I do a little posting here on the iphone, and its always logging out when i click submit losing the message - sooooooo infuriating!!
  • Options
    damn. insane...
    where'd the exclusive PJ 2010 bag come from pdalowski??
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    damn. insane...
    where'd the exclusive PJ 2010 bag come from pdalowski??

Oh yeah, my friend passed me that.....I was very impressed by it. Its extremely well made, and doubles as a holdall or rucksack
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Pdalowsky, can you please just charge me admission to your house & let me just stare at that stuff...wow!!

Is that a PJ ipod?

Crazy Scenario:..An asteroid is aiming for your town, you only have time to take one PJ item with you...What is it?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Pdalowsky, can you please just charge me admission to your house & let me just stare at that stuff...wow!!

Is that a PJ ipod?

Crazy Scenario:..An asteroid is aiming for your town, you only have time to take one PJ item with you...What is it?

:lol: yep a PJ ipod - given away on the release of the ten reissue.

sensible answer? the reeenk roink
    real answer - the basketball hoop.....that took some years to find.
  • Options
    cuseoscarcuseoscar Posts: 117
    P1020697-2.jpg
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    cuseoscar wrote:
    P1020697-2.jpg

Love it!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Just got Gdynia Poster back from the Framing Shop... :D

SDC11236-1.jpg

Here's the two (Oeiras & Gdynia) together on the wall!!!

SDC11239-1.jpg

Let me know what you think!!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

I friggin' hate you. You have the most beautiful posters. Two of my absolute favorites.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188
    cuseoscar wrote:
    P1020697-2.jpg

Looks great!
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

I friggin' hate you. You have the most beautiful posters. Two of my absolute favorites.

Don't be HATIN'!!!! :lol::lol:

They're both still available at a bargain in the "Scratch & Dent" section of GOODS...
    I got these there (with the 20% off Black Friday Coupon, so 2 posters for $36 with FREE SHIPPING) and they're PERFECT!!!!
    I LOVE the way the Gdynia poster turned out...the lady at the Framing Shop helped me pick out the matte...I think she did a GREAT JOB :ugeek:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

Don't be HATIN'!!!! :lol::lol:

They're both still available at a bargain in the "Scratch & Dent" section of GOODS...
    I got these there (with the 20% off Black Friday Coupon, so 2 posters for $36 with FREE SHIPPING) and they're PERFECT!!!!
    I LOVE the way the Gdynia poster turned out...the lady at the Framing Shop helped me pick out the matte...I think she did a GREAT JOB :ugeek:
    Yeah, but I can't afford framing. I'm a poor student, scrimping and saving every penny for PJ20. But seriously they are beautiful. Congrats.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

Yeah, but I can't afford framing. I'm a poor student, scrimping and saving every penny for PJ20. But seriously they are beautiful. Congrats.

I hear you...
    I spent about $100 each to have posters that cost me $16 FRAMED.
    Never said I was SMART!!!
    THANKS for the compliment...I like the way they turned out!!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,885
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

I like it alot! :)
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

I hear you...
    I spent about $100 each to have posters that cost me $16 FRAMED.
    Never said I was SMART!!!
    THANKS for the compliment...I like the way they turned out!!!! :ugeek:
    Where did you get that done for 100 a piece? Those are some nice frames jobs for that coin.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    A small local company in Columbus OH!!
    They're called Framing Center.
    The final cost was like $106 with tax...It would be even less without the Matte!!
    I had a Band Of Horses poster that I got from a show I went to in Louisville framed without a matte for $60!!!
    They have an online coupon for 25% off and do a MUCH better job than Art stores like Michael's, Joanne's or Hobby Lobby!!
    REALLY NICE people too..

• Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

Those look great!

My brother and his wife got me both of those from the scratch and dent sale and they are perfect! (Thanks Guitar59!) I would love to have them both framed like yours. That Gdynia is quickly becoming my favorite PJ poster of all time. :shock:
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    rcs wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

SDC11236-1.jpg

SDC11239-1.jpg

Those look great!

My brother and his wife got me both of those from the scratch and dent sale and they are perfect! (Thanks Guitar59!) I would love to have them both framed like yours. That Gdynia is quickly becoming my favorite PJ poster of all time. :shock:
    I LOVE the Gdynia poster too...
    Brad REALLY put some work into that one!!!
    Like your avatar too :lol: