Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Fresh from the framers

002-2.jpg

Very nice.I have mine almost the exact same but I have a blue mat under he black, think I like your yellow better.

Got 3 framed from the Hoff- waiting on 3 more from him then will throw up some pics. First 3 look amazing.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,657
    aus_suz wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    Hoping there will be a cool poster for the EV Aus shows next month...
    26 days I think until I see my 1st EV show..... yeiwwww!!!!!!
    get ready to be mesmerized! :mrgreen:

Yeah its kinda weird cos I dont really know what to expect..
    I know it will be good.. but its still the unknown..
    I wonder if ppl will stay seated for the whole show
    or will ppl stand? whats the go ?
    I saw him in LA. I was a little worried for the douche factor, but the crowd was incredibly cool :mrgreen:
    Fresh from the framers

002-2.jpg
    I've always liked that poster :thumbup:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    imalive wrote:
    I saw him in LA. I was a little worried for the douche factor, but the crowd was incredibly cool :mrgreen:
    I know. I'm worried about the same, especially with it being in Australia! :lol: I hope they can be as cool as the Angelenos!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    bazzer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    I know. I'm worried about the same, especially with it being in Australia! :lol: I hope they can be as cool as the Angelenos!

Yeah I hope ppl arent yelling out requests and the I love u eddie stuff......
    make us sound like yobbos...
    It will wreck the atomsphere....
    Hoping for cool ppl too....
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,186
    Fresh from the framers

002-2.jpg

This looks excellent! Nice work! Is that triple mats (with black, yellow, black) or is the core of the yellow mat black?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    maverick wrote:
    Fresh from the framers

002-2.jpg

This looks excellent! Nice work! Is that triple mats (with black, yellow, black) or is the core of the yellow mat black?
    Its triple matted.
    I had the framer place the first matte around the poster to completely take out the white edges of the actual poster itself.
    From the black frame, it then goes black, yellow, and then black again, then into the green/aqua green color of the poster.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    edited March 2011
    Here's some posters I just got back from the local mom/pop frame shop today. Really happy with these... archival glass and acid-free everything, double-matted at a very reasonable price:

fn715e.jpg

kf4bkj.jpg

xgiiw5.jpg

vhgb54.jpg

vf9zih.jpg

346bbsy.jpg

16krm3c.jpg
    Post edited by Lanternjaw on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    great Cork poster!

that is one I have always considered splurging on. I just cant justify it as I have so many in the queue for framing.

I need to post pics of my posters that are framed:
    Buffalo 03
    East Ruth 06
    Vic 07
    Camden 08
    EV Blue
    Toronto 09 (Hoff)
    Cleveland 10 (Hoff)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Post edited by Lanternjaw on
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    P2141116.jpg

Finally I get to frame something new, thanks to "mugs friends" for this gift :wave:

Wicked Nicko. Hopefully we can get you an ev one to hang next to it :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Wow -- that Knoxville poster is pretty sweet!
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    190774_10150120439048891_523268890_6637992_7520709_n-1.jpg

This is the emek poster from tonights Sydney show..
    Its also the cover of Ed's dvd he has coming out soon...
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    ugh, this thread has sooooo many pages. I'm too lazy to go through it all....I'm looking for help & ideas on how to frame my London 2010 poster.

I'm thinking a fairly broad frame in dark silver/gun-metal - not too fancy. Not sure what colour the mount shd be (the thick card that goes in the frame around the poster. And I also wanna include the ticket stub and 10C armband in the frame. Apparently it's gonna cost me close to NOK1000 here in Norway :P Or shd I do just the poster? Any help is appreciated :mrgreen:
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    To the London 2010 question, I've seen some nice ones with a light blue mat. I also think a red mat would look good. Just my humble opinion here
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 446
    sickofit wrote:
    ugh, this thread has sooooo many pages. I'm too lazy to go through it all....I'm looking for help & ideas on how to frame my London 2010 poster.

I'm thinking a fairly broad frame in dark silver/gun-metal - not too fancy. Not sure what colour the mount shd be (the thick card that goes in the frame around the poster. And I also wanna include the ticket stub and 10C armband in the frame. Apparently it's gonna cost me close to NOK1000 here in Norway :P Or shd I do just the poster? Any help is appreciated :mrgreen:

I've framed that one. I kept things fairly simple... Thin black fame, with a narrow red mount, and wider white mount on the outside of the red. Simle, but I'm quite pleaed with it. Sorry, about the description there... I'm trying to figure out how to upload a photo!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    IMG_3479-1.jpg
    Melbourne 2009
    IMG_3478-1.jpg
    Christchurch 2009
    IMG_3477-1.jpg
    Adelaide 2006

Once again, I know there not as good as some here but I love them. They are all going up in my office and my electrician hubby is gonna put some display lights above them soon. Can't wait, its becoming my fav room in the house! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Loulou wrote:
    IMG_3479-1.jpg
    Melbourne 2009

Melbourne 09 doesn't need any matte!!! :o It looks awesome as it is, thank you for showing me the light!!!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Your very welcome mate! :):lol:
    I wanna say to that what your doing is awesome mate! Really generous.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Loulou wrote:
    Your very welcome mate! :):lol:
    I wanna say to that what your doing is awesome mate! Really generous.

Generous? I'll post the $$$ collected so far, THEN and you'll see generous ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: NICE!!!!!!
    So glad (not surprised though, folks here are great) that it's worked out so well! Good stuff! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Loulou wrote:
    IMG_3479-1.jpg
    Melbourne 2009
    IMG_3478-1.jpg
    Christchurch 2009
    IMG_3477-1.jpg
    Adelaide 2006

Once again, I know there not as good as some here but I love them. They are all going up in my office and my electrician hubby is gonna put some display lights above them soon. Can't wait, its becoming my fav room in the house! :D

These are really nice, very impressed with the simplicity of them :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Thanks, I have a few more and wanted to keep them all the same because they are all in the same room. I'll take some snaps when they are all up and lit. :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Great frame jobs. Question re the Christchurch 09 poster from Klausen - I was recently watching the Mike Tyson mini-series on Animal Planet and they reference that his face tattoo was inspired by the Moai warriors of New Zeland - I know I know, random, but is that the same influence as the Klausen print?
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    To the London 2010 question, I've seen some nice ones with a light blue mat. I also think a red mat would look good. Just my humble opinion here
    CornishMan wrote:

I've framed that one. I kept things fairly simple... Thin black fame, with a narrow red mount, and wider white mount on the outside of the red. Simle, but I'm quite pleaed with it. Sorry, about the description there... I'm trying to figure out how to upload a photo!

Thanks for your help you guys :) Just been to the framers this morning...tried out your ideas, but somehow it didn't work for me....the red mount/mat was nice but it kinda took away from my fave bit in the poster - the dragon :) I liked a blue mount but we couldn't find the right shade. Then tried that jade/teal/greenish-blue on the poster, but couldn't find that either. :roll: Took a while and luckily the lady who runs the shop was very helpful and friendly. Finally picked a textured grey/silver mount/mat and a slightly rounded gun-metal frame - really makes the red pop and compliments the dragon. I used an online framing thingy and this is close to what it will look like. What do u guys think?

5552365589_72a860f707_m.jpg
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    sickofit wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    CornishMan wrote:

Thanks for your help you guys :) Just been to the framers this morning...tried out your ideas, but somehow it didn't work for me....the red mount/mat was nice but it kinda took away from my fave bit in the poster - the dragon :) I liked a blue mount but we couldn't find the right shade. Then tried that jade/teal/greenish-blue on the poster, but couldn't find that either. :roll: Took a while and luckily the lady who runs the shop was very helpful and friendly. Finally picked a textured grey/silver mount/mat and a slightly rounded gun-metal frame - really makes the red pop and compliments the dragon. I used an online framing thingy and this is close to what it will look like. What do u guys think?

5552365589_72a860f707_m.jpg

Looks nice. I had the same problem trying to find a good fit for the mat. Ended up with a similar grey mat, but also decided to double mat with the red underneath to give some contrast.

20110127115421-1.jpg

20110127120523-1.jpg
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Lanternjaw wrote:

fn715e.jpg

vhgb54.jpg

346bbsy.jpg

16krm3c.jpg

I like AIC frame a lot, Tool Poster is cool too.

Nice job on those frames!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    arq wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    IMG_3479-1.jpg
    Melbourne 2009

Melbourne 09 doesn't need any matte!!! :o It looks awesome as it is, thank you for showing me the light!!!

I agree, Melbourne 09 doesn't need any matte, it's perfect like that.

I'll have some new pics very soon, can't wait to do samo new frames ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    16krm3c.jpg

***drools***..... (there should be a smiley for this somewhere....)

Nice... I'll PM you my address and you can mail it to me. Thanks for doing all the legwork.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options

Looks nice. I had the same problem trying to find a good fit for the mat. Ended up with a similar grey mat, but also decided to double mat with the red underneath to give some contrast.

20110127115421-1.jpg

20110127120523-1.jpg

ooh, schmancy :lol: seriously, though....looks awesome! The double mat with grey and red really works well. But unfortunately it's already costing me an arm and a leg, so I'll just have to stick with what I've chosen. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 446
    20110127115421-1.jpg

20110127120523-1.jpg

That is almost the same as mine! The only difference is that my black frame is a bit thinner, and I went for a pure white on the outside instead of grey. The proportion of the red mount on the inside (or mat as you guys seem to call it!!) and the outside mount is virtually the same as mine though. Mine is hanging proudly in my hallway!

I'll try and get some pics up. I also have framed a Ames Hawaii '06, DC '06, Gorge 1 '06, and Copenhagen '07.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.