*** Boston, MA 1 Fanviews Here 9.15.24 ***

Comments

• fookiefookie Posts: 298
    Eddie was on a higher level last night
    seemed possessed and extra focused
    Between Chris and Wake he was somewhere deep

• JadlerJadler Posts: 755
    No complaints here. Had a blast, thought the band was in great form! I will say Eddie definitely had that look in his eye. Very emotional. Thought the banter was perfect though. Glorified G made it for me.
  • The setlist looked incredible and just appreciate that our favorite band is still touring and still making/sharing great music. It’s disappointing to read ridiculous posts asking the band to stop playing DM songs or stop playing Wreckage. It’s a great album and these songs sound incredible live. To the moron posting a prayer sign and asking the band to stop playing Wreckage….its not 1991 anymore….free yourself. You absolutely don’t  have to love every song but to complain about setlists and songs is selfish and ridiculous. Just be happy that the band is touring and they sound great. Do everyone a favor, stay home and make your own setlist on paper then hum the songs to yourself. I was lucky enough to see 4 shows this tour and they could have played the same setlist every show….be appreciative that our favorite band is still getting after it…33.5 yrs and still rockin. Fucking great band and we will never see anyone like them again. 
    Well said!!!!!
  • What a great first night! My 21st show and 2nd this tour. Can’t wait for Tuesday. As always no complaints on the setlist. I love trying to think how it might go and then hearing it unfold. I don’t over analyze the setlists in advance so I usually am just happy when I hear the first few notes of a tune. Footsteps as an opener might have been a first for me and thought it was magnificent and paired with Release after was pure heaven. I was in FB 47, directly behind home plate and while it actually sounded great and I could see the stage pretty well, I must say it felt isolated. The net all around you, the space empty (infield) between the back of the turf seating and us, just made for a disconnect from the entire experience. I could hear and see everyone celebrating the performance but I somehow didn’t feel a part of it. Great seats for a ballgame but not ideal for a show I’d never choose those but since these were my 10c seats I had no choice. I thought my 20+ year membership would place me better as it has at all other Fenway shows, but these weren’t my favorite. I’m over a few sections on Tuesday in FB 53 so hopefully those will feel a little more a part of the show. I’ll still have the net to deal with. In the past it’s never bothered me because I guess I was further back but when you are right up on it, it’s definitely noticeable. Oh well still a great night and ready for show 22 and 6th at Fenway on Tuesday. LFG!!
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • The setlist looked incredible and just appreciate that our favorite band is still touring and still making/sharing great music. It’s disappointing to read ridiculous posts asking the band to stop playing DM songs or stop playing Wreckage. It’s a great album and these songs sound incredible live. To the moron posting a prayer sign and asking the band to stop playing Wreckage….its not 1991 anymore….free yourself. You absolutely don’t  have to love every song but to complain about setlists and songs is selfish and ridiculous. Just be happy that the band is touring and they sound great. Do everyone a favor, stay home and make your own setlist on paper then hum the songs to yourself. I was lucky enough to see 4 shows this tour and they could have played the same setlist every show….be appreciative that our favorite band is still getting after it…33.5 yrs and still rockin. Fucking great band and we will never see anyone like them again. 
    Well said!!!!!
    Thank you! One last thing before I get off my soapbox….The duet of song of good hope is incredible. With a catalog as big as pJ has, they have to find a good mix for everyone and I think they do that every show. Stadium shows are different and probably tougher setlists to put together.

Look at other bands setlist and they maybe change 2-3 songs a night. Pj can play 15+ different songs a night….i think we are spoiled to be honest. 
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Rock solid show for my 25th. My only gripe is Fenway itself. It's not built really for anything anymore. I can understand the allure of the 2016 shows and playing there for the first time but I would much rather see them in an arena which is built for concerts. I've been to all five shows there (tomorrow will be six) and have sat all over the ballpark and there is a distinct difference from being on the right field side and the left field side. When I've been on the right field side, it sounds great. When I'm on the left field side, there is a reverberation that comes from the PA system facing the home plate or somewhere in that vicinity. It's hard to explain but it's there. I know it's the venue and not the band because they sound the same every time I seen them, everywhere I've gone. The tone they possess is epic. I wish they would not play Fenway anymore, but I understand why they do it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • So. It looked like good crowd energy. Interesting set list. Sitting across the field, I thought the cameras and lighting enhanced the experience.

Our tweet-sized take was: good show, but some of the people around us were awful. A lot of people were really, really drunk well before the band took the stage. And it’s hard to say how the sound was thanks to the two drunk dorks who loudly regaled each other with their wits The. Whole. Time. So, 👋 if you and your bud were in field box 22, shouting and shit-talking for 2.5 hours straight, you might want to tone it down tomorrow night (they told everyone they’ll be back); the very large man sitting next to you spent the show resisting the urge to stomp you both, and I doubt that many people have his patience and forbearance. 

We managed to enjoy the show nonetheless. Ballpark shows are a different vibe than arena shows; I’m not a big fan of Fenway — it has a lot of history, but … it needs updating. Anyway: we are looking forward to tomorrow night.
    @cu@curmudgeoness did the shut up during Even Flow?

No.

They were there for Jeremy, Betterman (they sang/yelled worse than my husband, whose voice is Tom Morello levels of bad), Alive. They yelled and shit-talked the rest of the time. They sucked.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 975
    edited September 16
    So. It looked like good crowd energy. Interesting set list. Sitting across the field, I thought the cameras and lighting enhanced the experience.

Our tweet-sized take was: good show, but some of the people around us were awful. A lot of people were really, really drunk well before the band took the stage. And it’s hard to say how the sound was thanks to the two drunk dorks who loudly regaled each other with their wits The. Whole. Time. So, 👋 if you and your bud were in field box 22, shouting and shit-talking for 2.5 hours straight, you might want to tone it down tomorrow night (they told everyone they’ll be back); the very large man sitting next to you spent the show resisting the urge to stomp you both, and I doubt that many people have his patience and forbearance. 

We managed to enjoy the show nonetheless. Ballpark shows are a different vibe than arena shows; I’m not a big fan of Fenway — it has a lot of history, but … it needs updating. Anyway: we are looking forward to tomorrow night.
    @cu@curmudgeoness did the shut up during Even Flow?

No.

They were there for Jeremy, Betterman (they sang/yelled worse than my husband, whose voice is Tom Morello levels of bad), Alive. They yelled and shit-talked the rest of the time. They sucked.
    Maybe just give us one tour where there’s a talking section a la a smoking section where we put all of the people that don’t shut the hell up so they all collectively realize how annoying it is to be surrounded by that. For $175 a ticket we should be getting a premium experience and having your show ruined by this sort of obnoxious behavior is not it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,113
    Show number 20 for me. Another awesome memory. Been too long for Boston.

Olivia out with Glen on My Father's Daughter was a nice surprise. I like that song a lot.

The first five songs were fire. Footsteps as an opener into RELEASE!!! Incredible. The crowd sing along was off and running. 

Given To Fly-->Hail, Hail-->Corduroy was a blast. Bouncing, dancing, singing...sounded great and we were having a the best time. 

Then the new stuff. I don't know. Every time the Dark Matter visuals started it felt like a different show. This was my first time hearing (and seeing) these songs live. Not sure it works, and I say that as someone who likes the new album a lot.

Traditional Boston Howard Zinn story before Down. One of those little things they do that makes hometown shows special. Great song, too. 

I was floored by the Chris Cornell story. Came out of nowhere, and Ed has not talked a lot publicly about him since he passed. He was emotional and so were we. Right into In My Tree...I think I'm going to always associate that song with Chris now. 

Wreckage-->Killer Evenflow as always (no piss breaks, people!)-->Dark Matter-->DTE. The new songs worked better one at a time. Mike McCready is a machine. It was right around here where we started to take particular notice of Stone, too. Doing great work. Ed was struggling a bit but the band was on fire. 

I would have preferred no mention of the clown Ted Nugent, but it was all worth it for a completely unexpected and totally awesome Glorified G. 

Opening bass of Jeremy pops every crowd that hears it. The sing along is so much fun. Klinghoffer out front for Something Special. That one worked. 

RVM! I've been on a string of Porch shows these last few years, which I've loved, but the opening riff of this one landed perfectly last night and we were off on another great sing along. 

Only negative was the stoppage for a health check in the pit. This would continue during the encore, which might be part of why the first few songs felt so choppy.

Just Breathe was stopped and restarted. Ed sounded like he was struggling, too. Glad we got a PJ song and not a cover in that spot, but I'll likely be skipping this one often on the boot. 

Song Of Good Hope with Glen. Always fun when the two of them are together, but it had been awhile at this point since we had seen the band. Either Ed solo or Ed with Glen is probably better than both. 

Never Destination scratched for a rough version of Blood. I think this was the only scratch all night. I would have preferred ND here. 

Can't find a Better Man and couldn't find a better song to right the ship. Another Boston sing along. We've never recaptured the magic of Mansfield 2008 but I'm always hoping. 

Setting Sun might be my favorite song off of DM and I was so glad they played it. 

You could inject SOLAT directly into my veins and I would be happy. This was right around 10pm and a relief because the Fenway curfew is always unclear. They weren't done yet. 

Alive. Always awesome, but never better than with the lights on at Fenway. 

RITFW. Not my favorite closer but the energy it brings is undeniable. Stone appeared to be channeling Uncle Neil. The band was having a great time - as were the Tambourine all stars - and the crowd was euphoric. I figured this was the end. 

Nope! Yellow Ledbetter into The Star Spangled Banner. Yes!!! Mike was incredible, the crowd was on fire, it was the perfect ending. I thought this would have been saved for Tuesday. Glad it wasn't!

A great night at Fenway. Not sure where it ranks in my 20 shows and don't even really care. This is a new era for them and I'm just glad they are still playing shows. Will never stop hoping to hear Ed say, "This is one for the serious collector", but will always enjoy whatever the next song is. 

Can't wait for Tuesday!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • The Fenway setting always adds a lot of majesty to show for me. The Cornell story & In My Tree were my highlight. Could his tree climbing escapades with Cornell be the genesis of that song? It sure sounds that way.

On a side note, anyone else caught off guard by the earlier than usual start time? I imagine it was a city curfew thing, but I barely made it in thinking it would be on par with the rest of the shows' start times.
  • Footsteps into Release… inject that shit directly into my veins. 

Was really hoping for Release and having it in the 2nd spot was awesome 
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • The emotional Chris tree climbing story had me in tears, especially when Ed had to pause a couple of times when getting choked up. Lots of stories from him last night, I love a chatty Eddie because we don’t always get one. Also missed Footsteps making my way in, which was a bummer. The lame 10:30 Fenway curfew will def have me getting there much earlier tomorrow, haven’t lived in Boston for a bit and honestly forgot. I also want to catch some of Glen Hansard—love when he came out, their voices are magic together. Merch a lot less painful than in previous years and I got all that I wanted—wallet not so happy but I am.
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • getshortygetshorty Posts: 4
    edited September 16
    do we think Eddie really climbed a tree 200 feet high? I want to see this tree! 
    Post edited by getshorty on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,618
    getshorty said:
    I'm guessing either the tree not actually 200 feet or if it is, EV didn't climb to the tippy top.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,110
    getshorty said:
    I guarantee once the tour is over there will be a thread focused on identifying the Lincoln Park Tree
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 685
    getshorty said:
    Ha, I thought the same thing 😂
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,392
    23 shows and finally getting blood was a treat. Especially, when it wasn't on OG setlist. 

I cant ever rate a show top tier when they ignore 2000 to 2009.

That being said it couldn't have been much better for ignoring 4 albums entirely. 

The encore made no sense. Blood into Bman - awesome....Into setting Sun? Gross. Set Sun should have followed song of good hope or been a scratch for another banger. 

Was a weird vibe killer placement. 

Still a very good show for the DM tour standards. Middle of the pack on the all time spectrum

• mjd327mjd327 Posts: 160
    Rock solid show for my 25th. My only gripe is Fenway itself. It's not built really for anything anymore. I can understand the allure of the 2016 shows and playing there for the first time but I would much rather see them in an arena which is built for concerts. I've been to all five shows there (tomorrow will be six) and have sat all over the ballpark and there is a distinct difference from being on the right field side and the left field side. When I've been on the right field side, it sounds great. When I'm on the left field side, there is a reverberation that comes from the PA system facing the home plate or somewhere in that vicinity. It's hard to explain but it's there. I know it's the venue and not the band because they sound the same every time I seen them, everywhere I've gone. The tone they possess is epic. I wish they would not play Fenway anymore, but I understand why they do it.
    Interesting, I was in B159 on the left, and the sound really was not good. Tomorrow Im in B94 on the right so Im hoping that the sound is better as my mom will be seeing them for the first time! She doesn't know their music really though. Where we were on Sunday it was very hard to make out the music, it was very muddy and sounded kind of like noise, without much guitar sound. So that would not be a good sound for a first time listener. But hopefully the section tomorrow will be better
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,113
    mjd327 said:
    Interesting, I was in B159 on the left, and the sound really was not good. Tomorrow Im in B94 on the right so Im hoping that the sound is better as my mom will be seeing them for the first time! She doesn't know their music really though. Where we were on Sunday it was very hard to make out the music, it was very muddy and sounded kind of like noise, without much guitar sound. So that would not be a good sound for a first time listener. But hopefully the section tomorrow will be better

We were in B159 as well and I agree about the sound. It wasn't consistently good and quality/clarity seemed to come and go. I've never been on an angle like that at a Fenway show. First time I've noticed problems with the sound.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • andrewbandrewb Posts: 488
    edited September 16
    Pretty avg if not slightly below that show. Which is still great. 10th show of the year for me, probably rank it last 

Also to the drunk cop in the pit who needed to comment that he’s a cop and has “tons of guns” during Glorified & his disastrous wife who FaceTimed her shitty kids every 3 mins, just in case you see this, you suck.

Cheers y’all 
    Post edited by andrewb on
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • andrewb said:
    Pretty avg if not slightly below that show. Which is still great but let’s not kid ourselves. 10th show of the year for me, probably rank it last 

Also to the drunk cop in the pit who needed to comment that he’s a cop and has “tons of guns” during Glorified & his disastrous wife who FaceTimed her shitty kids every 3 mins, just in case you see this, you suck.

Cheers y’all 
    Impossible to please some people. 
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,940
    JimmyV said:

Traditional Boston Howard Zinn story before Down. One of those little things they do that makes hometown shows special. Great song, too. 

I was floored by the Chris Cornell story. Came out of nowhere, and Ed has not talked a lot publicly about him since he passed. He was emotional and so were we. Right into In My Tree...I think I'm going to always associate that song with Chris now.
    My partner LOVES Down, and was hoping to hear it at Fenway, as we didn't get it in Baltimore. I started to tell her that I thought they'd play it, because they seem to like playing it in Boston, then realized, OF COURSE they're going to play it - and Ed's going to preface it by talking about Howard Zinn. 

And yes, Ed talking about Chris Cornell was super touching and more than a little surprising. I was expecting it to be about someone who'd passed, but I wasn't expecting it to be Cornell.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    andrewb said:
    Pretty avg if not slightly below that show. Which is still great but let’s not kid ourselves. 10th show of the year for me, probably rank it last 

Cheers y’all 
    It sounds like he was pleased the other 9 times lol
    pjl44 said:
    andrewb said:

Cheers y’all 
    We don't know that he was actually pleased the other 9 times, just that he was less displeased than last night. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,998
    Hell of a night, last night. I was maybe 12/15 people deep in the pit on Stone’s side. Strong set overall…. I might have changed a few things about it, but no real complaints… Footsteps, Hail Hail, my all time favorite: In My Tree; Glorified G & Blood were all fantastic. Stadiums can’t compare to arenas, so there’s no point in taking it… it was a great night at the ballpark, can’t wait for tomorrow.  

Thanks again for the GA hookup, J. 

edited September 16
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    andrewb said:

Cheers y’all 
    We don't know that he was actually pleased the other 9 times, just that he was less displeased than last night. 
    That's a fair point. I'd support adding a Pleasure Index to each fanview.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,391
    yeah I hate ballpark shows but I'll go if I can be on the field at least. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I wonder if it has to do with the asymmetry of the park. The left field grandstands are shorter and sort of curl around the field more than right field, which is longer and more flat. I was in the left field loge boxes last night, and there was definitely a lot of reverb last night. Ear plugs helped, but not as much at some other venues. I will be interested to see what tomorrow is like, as we're on the right field side.

• mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Here’s my snobby review because I always have a wonderful time going to see Pearl Jam so that would be boring to just say over and over.  So instead I’ll give my pluses and minuses compared to all my other concerts.

First my own fuck up:  had no idea they were going to go on before 8!  I missed the opener in the bathroom, oh well!  

Had seats in field 69 which was nice.  A little further back then expected but I liked being a little elevated.  Sound was good 

Beginning had a lot of energy with a lot of crowd favorites.  Hail Hail is a great live song.  Corduroy had a lot of call/response crowd interaction (as did better man later on).

ed sounded a little tipsy early and it let to some really enjoyable exchanges and stories (especially with cow man saying he was surprised he hadn’t been turned into hamburger by now and him telling a long meandering story about his childhood tree climbing only to come on after In my tree to say “oh yeah, I forgot the whole point of that story.  The tree was called the green monster” lol).  Love in my tree live btw.

I don’t think we will hear a ton of the new album again.  They are fine but not memorable live to me.  Ironically wreckage was the new one I enjoyed the most. 

I wish even flow and DTE went into rotation instead of being staples.  Sometimes they start to feel stale to me when they are amazing songs. By contrast Jeremy was just awesome. Everyone seemed pumped for that and the singing was the best all night.  But I wouldn’t want that every night either. Didn’t help that DTE had like a full minute missing from the beginning so they messed it up quite a bit!

Momentum was great going into RVM and then they stopped awkwardly to check on the crowd.  Honestly they should have just gone to encore right there since it was a reasonable place to stop the song.  Starting it up for the last 30 seconds was … eh… we all just stood around.  Then another interruption in just breathe.  

I enjoy the slow encore starts and liked song of good hope. It would be cooler though if it was slow full band starts (hard to imagine or parting ways starts etc would be lovely).  The transition from folksy sit down to blood was jarring though .  Encore in general felt up and down.  Energy then went all the way back down to zero for setting sun and ramped all the way back up for SOLAT.  That combined with the stoppages and encore break made the second half of the show feel a little whiplashy.  

RiTFW is always fun but agree with someone else on wishing it would be more rare.  Fucking up is just as great.  Also wouldn’t mind PJ stuff (why go? life wasted? Leash?  Would love to hear all)

great first half.  Ok second half.  Very good show but not epic.  See y’all next tour!
    My 39th show and I 100% agree with all of this other than Wreckage, I think that song is awful, otherwise not great but a very very good show overall, looking forward to tomorrow! 
    How many times are you going to post that wreckage is awful? We all get it, you don’t like it. When you say it once it’s an opinion, when you repeat yourself it’s like a broken record. Not every song has to be your style, just skip to Dark Matter then. I think it’s great and sounded awesome live. 
    As much as I'd like since I know I'm not the only one and if it's ok to share how much you love a song not sure why the opposite can't be said as well. I'd like to see the Dark Matter songs performed that I think are way better and deserve to be played more. 
    Mind numbing you think they are going to not play their biggest single on the tour that is FOR that album. Like come on now.
    mshnayder said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Here’s my snobby review because I always have a wonderful time going to see Pearl Jam so that would be boring to just say over and over.  So instead I’ll give my pluses and minuses compared to all my other concerts.

First my own fuck up:  had no idea they were going to go on before 8!  I missed the opener in the bathroom, oh well!  

Had seats in field 69 which was nice.  A little further back then expected but I liked being a little elevated.  Sound was good 

Beginning had a lot of energy with a lot of crowd favorites.  Hail Hail is a great live song.  Corduroy had a lot of call/response crowd interaction (as did better man later on).

ed sounded a little tipsy early and it let to some really enjoyable exchanges and stories (especially with cow man saying he was surprised he hadn’t been turned into hamburger by now and him telling a long meandering story about his childhood tree climbing only to come on after In my tree to say “oh yeah, I forgot the whole point of that story.  The tree was called the green monster” lol).  Love in my tree live btw.

I don’t think we will hear a ton of the new album again.  They are fine but not memorable live to me.  Ironically wreckage was the new one I enjoyed the most. 

I wish even flow and DTE went into rotation instead of being staples.  Sometimes they start to feel stale to me when they are amazing songs. By contrast Jeremy was just awesome. Everyone seemed pumped for that and the singing was the best all night.  But I wouldn’t want that every night either. Didn’t help that DTE had like a full minute missing from the beginning so they messed it up quite a bit!

Momentum was great going into RVM and then they stopped awkwardly to check on the crowd.  Honestly they should have just gone to encore right there since it was a reasonable place to stop the song.  Starting it up for the last 30 seconds was … eh… we all just stood around.  Then another interruption in just breathe.  

I enjoy the slow encore starts and liked song of good hope. It would be cooler though if it was slow full band starts (hard to imagine or parting ways starts etc would be lovely).  The transition from folksy sit down to blood was jarring though .  Encore in general felt up and down.  Energy then went all the way back down to zero for setting sun and ramped all the way back up for SOLAT.  That combined with the stoppages and encore break made the second half of the show feel a little whiplashy.  

RiTFW is always fun but agree with someone else on wishing it would be more rare.  Fucking up is just as great.  Also wouldn’t mind PJ stuff (why go? life wasted? Leash?  Would love to hear all)

great first half.  Ok second half.  Very good show but not epic.  See y’all next tour!
    My 39th show and I 100% agree with all of this other than Wreckage, I think that song is awful, otherwise not great but a very very good show overall, looking forward to tomorrow! 
    How many times are you going to post that wreckage is awful? We all get it, you don’t like it. When you say it once it’s an opinion, when you repeat yourself it’s like a broken record. Not every song has to be your style, just skip to Dark Matter then. I think it’s great and sounded awesome live. 
    As much as I'd like since I know I'm not the only one and if it's ok to share how much you love a song not sure why the opposite can't be said as well. I'd like to see the Dark Matter songs performed that I think are way better and deserve to be played more. 
    Mind numbing you think they are going to not play their biggest single on the tour that is FOR that album. Like come on now.
    And that people enjoy positivity more than negativity.