** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

Kamala Harris-backed 'Freedom Fund' that put murderers, rapists back on streets still up and running

'Freedom Fund,' a Harris-backed bail fund, is still accepting donations to get violent criminals out of jail

Published July 22, 2024 9:51pm EDT

A bail fund once backed by Vice President Kamala Harris during the 2020 presidential campaign that helped free violent criminals is back in the spotlight as the website appears to still be taking in donations.

As of Monday night, the website was running and accepting payments. 

"If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota," Harris posted on X, then Twitter, back in 2020, urging people to donate to the fund during the 2020 campaign. 

Harris promoted the bail fund in June 2020 to help bail Black Lives Matter rioters out of jail, but only a fraction of the more than $41 million actually went to freeing rioters.

MINNESOTA MAN FREED BY KAMALA HARRIS-SUPPORTED BAIL FUND NOW CHARGED WITH MURDER

If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota.

1:34 PM · Jun 1, 2020

Minneapolis-based FOX 9 reported that the fund spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to free an alleged knife murderer and a convicted rapist who was facing charges of sexual assault and kidnapping, among others.

Another criminal, George Howard, 48, also reaped the benefits of the funds. He allegedly became involved in a road rage altercation on an Interstate 94 entrance ramp before he shot another driver, according to Minneapolis police – weeks after bailing out on domestic assault charges.

Surveillance video recorded the moments when the driver of a blue BMW confronted Howard, who was driving a white Volvo, according to St. Paul’s KSTP-TV. The victim can be seen punching Howard, then collapsing.

The victim, later identified as Luis Damian Martinez Ortiz, 38, got back into his car, then drove into the median. He was pronounced dead at the hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest, according to city officials. 

Howard had been out on $11,500 bond in connection with a domestic assault case since Aug. 6, court records show. That’s when the Minnesota Freedom Fund bailed him out.

On Aug. 29, he was charged with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the interstate shooting.

The Minnesota Freedom Fund tweeted Friday admitting to its role in putting Howard back on the streets.

"We are aware of reports of the tragic and fatal shooting in Minneapolis earlier this week allegedly involving George Howard, an individual the Minnesota Freedom Fund had previously provided with bail support," the group wrote. "MFF believes that every individual who has been arrested by the law enforcement is innocent until proven guilty, and if a judge deems them eligible for bail, they should not have to wait in jail simply because they don’t have the same income or access to resources as others."

BAIL FUND BACKED BY KAMALA HARRIS FREED SAME RIOTER TWICE – NOW HE'S BEEN CHARGED AGAIN

The group said it was monitoring the case and reviewing its policies.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"Under new leadership, MFF has implemented changes to its policies and procedures, and we will continue to assess them to ensure that we are being responsive to the safety and needs of our community," it said in a follow-up tweet.

According to the Minnesota Freedom Fund website, their mission is to "pay cash bail and immigration bonds for those who can’t afford it, because wealth should never decide who is kept in detention and who goes free."

Fox News Digital reached out to the Harris campaign for comment. 

Fox News Digital's Michael Ruiz contributed to this report. 

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,273
    edited July 23
    Love me some good Fox News propaganda. 
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    edited July 23
    shecky said:

"MFF believes that every individual who has been arrested by the law enforcement is innocent until proven guilty, and if a judge deems them eligible for bail, they should not have to wait in jail simply because they don’t have the same income or access to resources as others."

According to the Minnesota Freedom Fund website, their mission is to "pay cash bail and immigration bonds for those who can’t afford it, because wealth should never decide who is kept in detention and who goes free."
    Good point

we should end cash bail

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,664
    Well there goes all hope for making recreational cannabis federally legal…unless she feels differently but I’m guessing she doesn’t.  
    Imo that'll come from congress, and any Dem president won't lift a pen to stop it.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,600
    CM189191 said:
    Kat said:
    Sounds like he can't wait; he wants President Harris right now. 

Funny they still want to focus on Biden

Fear of losing to VP Harris is palpable
    they paid good money for those "let's go barndon" t shirts! they want to get their money's worth in bile spewed before the election.
    I didn’t even think about that!  They are probably irate!  Trump will buy them new ones.  
    trump won't even buy eric an ice cream cone. he isn't buying anybody anything, lol
    :rofl:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,410
    George Clooney endorses Harris. Thanks Biden for saving democracy. 

What a noble gentleman and a hero to all.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,337
    Trump is now on his second nickname for Harris in less than two days. 

This confused old man spends more time on dumb shit like this than policy. He's just too old to be president. Trump needs to drop out of this race. 
    www.myspace.com
    Trump is now on his second nickname for Harris in less than two days. 

This confused old man spends more time on dumb shit like this than policy. He's just too old to be president. Trump needs to drop out of this race. 
    I agree “Hawk Tuah Harris” was completely inappropriate 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,974
    I think it's closer to $100M now
    That isn't a lot.  She will need 10x that to make a dent.  But if she got 100 mill in like 2 days she should be fine.

I would expect a nice superpac donation from Bidens campaign group?  Is that even legal to do? I don't know anymore.
    That isn't a lot.  She will need 10x that to make a dent.  But if she got 100 mill in like 2 days she should be fine.

I would expect a nice superpac donation from Bidens campaign group?  Is that even legal to do? I don't know anymore.
    $100M in a couple of days is not a lot? Huh?

She also inherits Biden's funds dude...
    www.myspace.com

$100M in a couple of days is not a lot? Huh?

She also inherits Biden's funds dude...
    It’s absolutely insane the amount of money that is blown on these campaigns. It’s even more insane that people willingly give these candidates their money. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,520

These are small and first time donors. It’s the between the lines info that’s the takeaway. It actually IS a lot for 24 hours. People are motivated.

Also, when she accepts the nomination in August the Biden campaign account is transferred over to her. He was behind in fundraising by $70million by the end of the June quarter. The Harris campaign made up and over took that in 1 day. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,457
    As a Canadian, I find it appalling how much money us spent on politics in the states. I honestly find it kind if gross. People send money to millionaires when the amount of money spent could probably end homelessness in the entire country in one cycle. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,520
    Oh it’s definitely gross.
    edited July 23
    As a Canadian, I find it appalling how much money us spent on politics in the states. I honestly find it kind if gross. People send money to millionaires when the amount of money spent could probably end homelessness in the entire country in one cycle. 
    How long are your election cycles? I think they are much shorter right?

Perhaps one good thing that will come from this is shortening the amount of time it takes to elect a president. The fact that is a year and a half to two years is bat shit crazy to me. I feel like Trump has been running, nonstop, since 2015. It is beyond exhausting. 

(btw--I am not naïve enough to think something will actually change for the better like this...but a kid can dream can't he?!)
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,331
    Thank Citizens United...

It is disgusting. Such a waste and possibly our eventual downfall. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Thank Citizens United...

It’s a huge reason someone wins. Biden essentially had to withdraw because the mega donors said the money was stopping. So now a handful of billionaires selected Kamala over having an
    open convention? 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    Thank Citizens United...

It’s a huge reason someone wins. Biden essentially had to withdraw because the mega donors said the money was stopping. So now a handful of billionaires selected Kamala over having an
    open convention? 
    Which billionaires are you referring to?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,963
    teskeinc said:

Maybe he'll rip off a pre-ripped t-shirt at the convention so we can view him as an important mind in US government.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited July 23

Perhaps one good thing that will come from this is shortening the amount of time it takes to elect a president. The fact that is a year and a half to two years is bat shit crazy to me. I feel like Trump has been running, nonstop, since 2015. It is beyond exhausting. 

(btw--I am not naïve enough to think something will actually change for the better like this...but a kid can dream can't he?!)
    6 weeks. 

I don’t understand how your elected officials get anything done. It’s constant campaigning. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

6 weeks. 
    That is amazing
    www.myspace.com
    teskeinc said:
    Thank Citizens United...

open convention? 
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/democratic-billionaires-and-donors-rush-to-back-harris-after-bidens-exit/

There’s several. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,765
    I am hoping we will be able to learn something from a sprint election season.
    I'd like to see all primary elections happen on the same day -- or, at most, over four consecutive Tuesdays, with a rotation for the states so that we stop letting Iowa and South Carolina choose our candidates for us.
    As it is, the election cycle seems to begin the week after inauguration: "Less than two years until midterms!" It's exhausting as well as a glaring reminder that the emphasis is on having power rather than being a public servant.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,093

6 weeks. 
    That is amazing
    Interregnum is coming. Look that one up. US politics is whacked with the amount of time and money involved. POOTWH filed for re-election the day he was sworn in. As someone mentioned, imagine what could be accomplished if all that cash was directed toward worthy causes? A trillion with a T last election cycle between both parties. Obscene.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 22,968
    teskeinc said:

why is anybody listening to actors at this point?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 22,968
    teskeinc said:
    Thank Citizens United...

open convention? 
    most of the politically active billionaires are supporting trump.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Thank Citizens United...

open convention? 
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/democratic-billionaires-and-donors-rush-to-back-harris-after-bidens-exit/

There’s several. 
    But how did they select her? Isn't it kind of common sense that the person on the ticket would get the nod?

teskeinc said:

Or ever? I appreciate this band’s devotion to worthy causes and for informing their fans of perceived injustices. But if Ed wrote an op-ed in the times calling for a sitting president , especially someone he calls a friend, to not seek reelection? I’d laugh. 

www.headstonesband.com

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:
    I’ve realized something. When the Trump-supporting Republicans on here perceive strength from Democrats, they show up more often, speak with more venom, and call everyone names. The petty and childish arguments are clear signs of fear. 

I also don’t feel that many or any of these posters have engaged in any semblance of respectful or dignified or genuine discussion, and so I hope they aren’t surprised when no one really cares what they have to say about how Democrats should or shouldn’t behave. They have no standards for their own side, and their words about how Democrats should govern themselves aren’t worth paying any attention to.

Exactly why I have put some people here on ignore.  If they wanted to discuss in a genuine and civil manner, I would be happy to engage.  But the stream of memes, and attempts to merely instigate, bate, and talk nonsense is not worth anyone's time- certainly not mine!  The more they are ignored, the more likely they are to go find some other hobby or whatever it is they get out doing what they do here.
    As a liberal (barely anymore), I'm not sure we are living in the same reality.  I've been here for a loooong time, I just don't care to post very often. The extreme left on here viciously attacks anyone who disagrees with them, often employing Ad Hominem and Strawman attacks, if not outright personal attacks. Don't tell me no...I see it on a weekly basis.  And it's happened to me as well, even though I'm not playing for the other team.  Not sure I can blame you all though, you have been enabled.  Conservatives break the rules, they are banned. Liberals break the rules, thread gets locked and a 2 week suspension, then you're back.  What is that saying you all like to employ? "rules for thee, but not for me."
    Fuck-n-AAAAA!
    nailed it so many ways Sir…. That’s why the hit and run is the only way playing on here, for me atleast…The rules are so different if you don’t kiss the ring and abide.  

I cut you slack plenty of times and you post this shit?  Goodbye Linda, hello ignore feature.

Brian you shouldn't  put them on ignore. 

How else will you know what fuQer Qarlson and aleQs jonezing have been saying?
    teskeinc said:

I get it but I do kind of appreciate him sounding the alarm.