** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 435
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:
    I’ve realized something. When the Trump-supporting Republicans on here perceive strength from Democrats, they show up more often, speak with more venom, and call everyone names. The petty and childish arguments are clear signs of fear. 

I also don’t feel that many or any of these posters have engaged in any semblance of respectful or dignified or genuine discussion, and so I hope they aren’t surprised when no one really cares what they have to say about how Democrats should or shouldn’t behave. They have no standards for their own side, and their words about how Democrats should govern themselves aren’t worth paying any attention to.

Exactly why I have put some people here on ignore.  If they wanted to discuss in a genuine and civil manner, I would be happy to engage.  But the stream of memes, and attempts to merely instigate, bate, and talk nonsense is not worth anyone's time- certainly not mine!  The more they are ignored, the more likely they are to go find some other hobby or whatever it is they get out doing what they do here.
    As a liberal (barely anymore), I'm not sure we are living in the same reality.  I've been here for a loooong time, I just don't care to post very often. The extreme left on here viciously attacks anyone who disagrees with them, often employing Ad Hominem and Strawman attacks, if not outright personal attacks. Don't tell me no...I see it on a weekly basis.  And it's happened to me as well, even though I'm not playing for the other team.  Not sure I can blame you all though, you have been enabled.  Conservatives break the rules, they are banned. Liberals break the rules, thread gets locked and a 2 week suspension, then you're back.  What is that saying you all like to employ? "rules for thee, but not for me."
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,529
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:
    I’ve realized something. When the Trump-supporting Republicans on here perceive strength from Democrats, they show up more often, speak with more venom, and call everyone names. The petty and childish arguments are clear signs of fear. 

I also don’t feel that many or any of these posters have engaged in any semblance of respectful or dignified or genuine discussion, and so I hope they aren’t surprised when no one really cares what they have to say about how Democrats should or shouldn’t behave. They have no standards for their own side, and their words about how Democrats should govern themselves aren’t worth paying any attention to.

Exactly why I have put some people here on ignore.  If they wanted to discuss in a genuine and civil manner, I would be happy to engage.  But the stream of memes, and attempts to merely instigate, bate, and talk nonsense is not worth anyone's time- certainly not mine!  The more they are ignored, the more likely they are to go find some other hobby or whatever it is they get out doing what they do here.
    As a liberal (barely anymore), I'm not sure we are living in the same reality.  I've been here for a loooong time, I just don't care to post very often. The extreme left on here viciously attacks anyone who disagrees with them, often employing Ad Hominem and Strawman attacks, if not outright personal attacks. Don't tell me no...I see it on a weekly basis.  And it's happened to me as well, even though I'm not playing for the other team.  Not sure I can blame you all though, you have been enabled.  Conservatives break the rules, they are banned. Liberals break the rules, thread gets locked and a 2 week suspension, then you're back.  What is that saying you all like to employ? "rules for thee, but not for me."
    Then I assume you were here in 2016 when tons of people got banned, both conservative and liberal. Other than that, not sure what you are referencing when you say liberals get 2 weeks and cons get banned. The cons I have seen get banned had it coming after several timeouts, but maybe you should PM one of the mods if you think the treatment is unfair.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,331
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:

Oh please...I have a hard time when adults can't take someone disagreeing with them. We can learn from each other you know?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,337
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-presidential-campaign-raises-nearly-50-million-since-biden-endorsement

KAMALA HARRIS

Kamala Harris' presidential campaign raises nearly $50 million since Biden endorsement

Biden suspended his re-election campaign Sunday afternoon

Vice President Harris’ presidential campaign has raised nearly $50 million in grassroots donations since President Biden suspended his re-election bid and endorsed her, Fox News Digital has learned. 

"Since the President endorsed Vice President Harris yesterday afternoon, everyday Americans have given $49.6 million in grassroots donations to her campaign," the Harris campaign told Fox News Digital. 

BIDEN ENDS BID FOR SECOND TERM IN WHITE HOUSE AS HE DROPS OUT OF HIS 2024 REMATCH WITH TRUMP

placeholder

The campaign told Fox News Digital that the figure represents grassroots donations raised across "all entities, including ActBlue." 

Harris announced her presidential campaign Sunday afternoon just after Biden announced he would drop out of the 2024 race, amid pressure from within the Democratic Party. 

kamala harris

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign rally on June 28, 2024, in Las Vegas. (Bizuayehu Tesfaye/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Tribune News Service via Getty Images)

The unprecedented announcement came as an increasing number of Democrat lawmakers had begun to publicly call for Biden to step aside and the party's leadership reportedly was engaged in efforts to convince Biden, 81, he could not win in November's general election against former President Trump, the 2024 GOP nominee who Biden defeated four years ago to win the White House.

Biden quickly offered his "full support and endorsement" for Harris to take over as the party's presidential nominee.

"It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve as your president," Biden wrote in a public letter. "While it has been my intention to seek reelection, I believe it is in the best interests of my party and the country for me to stand down and focus solely on fulfilling my duties as president for the remainder of my term."

President Biden and first lady Jill Biden step off Air Force One upon arrival at McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey on June 29, 2024. (Mandel Ngan/AFP via Getty Images)

Biden said he will formally address the nation later this week about his decision. 

In a social media post, Biden backed Harris to take over as the party's standard-bearer.

placeholder

"My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my Vice President. And it’s been the best decision I’ve made. Today I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year. Democrats — it’s time to come together and beat Trump. Let’s do this," Biden wrote.

TRUMP SAYS BIDEN 'IS NOT FIT TO SERVE': 'WHO IS GOING TO BE RUNNING THE COUNTRY FOR THE NEXT 5 MONTHS?'

The president's endorsement could dissuade any serious completion from other Democrats who may have mulled a bid for the presidential nomination and could clear a path for the vice president to succeed Biden as the party's nominee.

President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris (Getty Images)

Harris has already gained endorsements from more than half a dozen governors, including California Gov. Gavin Newsom and New York Gov. Kathy Hochul; along with more than 178 Democratic lawmakers in the House and Senate. 

Harris, in a statement about two hours after Biden's announcement, said she is "honored to have the President’s endorsement and my intention is to earn and win this nomination."

"Over the past year, I have traveled across the country, talking with Americans about the clear choice in this momentous election. And that is what I will continue to do in the days and weeks ahead," she added. "I will do everything in my power to unite the Democratic Party—and unite our nation—to defeat Donald Trump and his extreme Project 2025 agenda."

The vice president praised her boss, thanking Biden "for his extraordinary leadership as President of the United States and for his decades of service to our country. His remarkable legacy of accomplishment is unmatched in modern American history, surpassing the legacy of many Presidents who have served two terms in office."

placeholder

A source familiar told Fox News that Biden and Harris spoke multiple times on Sunday ahead of the president's stunning announcement.

Biden's endorsement of Harris was quickly followed by two top party elders, former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State and former Sen. Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee.

"We are honored to join the President in endorsing Vice President Harris and will do whatever we can to support her."

A Biden/Harris campaign sign is seen during a press conference in Las Vegas on May 29, 2024. (Ronda Churchill/AFP via Getty Images)

LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, one of the Biden campaign’s biggest donors, also quickly endorsed Harris.

Former President Obama, however, has not yet endorsed her, and is instead backing a process where an "outstanding" nominee can emerge. 

"We will be navigating uncharted waters in the days ahead. But I have extraordinary confidence that the leaders of our party will be able to create a process from which an outstanding nominee emerges," the former president wrote in a letter.

Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama were among the scores of top Democrats praising Biden for putting the nation and the party over personal ambitions.

placeholder

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"Joe Biden has been one of America’s most consequential presidents, as well as a dear friend and partner to me. Today, we’ve also been reminded — again — that he’s a patriot of the highest order." the Obamas wrote.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer have not yet endorsed Harris. 

As for the fundraising haul in a short period of time, by comparison, the Trump campaign announced that they brought in nearly $53 million through their online digital fundraising platform in the first 24 hours after the former president was convicted in New York v. Trump in May. 

Meanwhile, the Biden campaign recently reported $91 million cash-on-hand, and when allied Democratic Party committees are including, the number rises to $240 million. Since both Biden and Harris' names were on the president's campaign, Harris has immediate access to the $91 million that was collected for their ticket’s reelection effort--in addition to the grassroots fundraising of $50 million since Sunday afternoon. 

Fox News' Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report. 

www.myspace.com
    I think it's closer to $100M now

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,520
    edited July 22
    $81M 

800k+ Donors
    400k first time 

Add that to what ActBlue raised ($100M), and FutureForward ($150M)raised, thats a quarter of a billion in 24 hours. Thats bonkers.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    81M 

800M+ Donors
    400M first time 

Add that to what ActBlue raised ($100M), and FutureForward ($150M)raised, thats a quarter of a billion in 24 hours. Thats bonkers.

That is absolutely amazing.  Uplifting.  
    I do wonder if any big names will come out against tRump closer to the election.

Basically his entire White House staff and cabinet opposes him. I hope we hear from all of them.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 22,968
    benjs said:

it is just like the gop telling women how to run their body. they have to always tell other people how to run their home, and tell the dems how to run their party. if they won't regulate their own party and regulate their own crazies they can fuck all the way off. 

i think a pretty good rule of thumb for these people should be "if it's not your body/party/family, then it's not your concern."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    CM189191 said:
    Kat said:
    Sounds like he can't wait; he wants President Harris right now. 

Funny they still want to focus on Biden

Fear of losing to VP Harris is palpable
    they paid good money for those "let's go barndon" t shirts! they want to get their money's worth in bile spewed before the election.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

CM189191 said:
    Kat said:

they paid good money for those "let's go barndon" t shirts! they want to get their money's worth in bile spewed before the election.
    I didn’t even think about that!  They are probably irate!  Trump will buy them new ones.  
    CM189191 said:
    Kat said:

I didn’t even think about that!  They are probably irate!  Trump will buy them new ones.  
    trump won't even buy eric an ice cream cone. he isn't buying anybody anything, lol

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,765
    gimmesometruth27 said:

i think a pretty good rule of thumb for these people should be "if it's not your body/party/family, then it's not your concern."

I think that's a pretty good rule of thumb, generally. And it's what I used to think conservatism was, waybackwhen. How times have changed!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    gimmesometruth27 said:

I think that's a pretty good rule of thumb, generally. And it's what I used to think conservatism was, waybackwhen. How times have changed!
    yeah it's not like that anymore. they are inside the bedroom and more.

edited July 22
    gimmesometruth27 said:

It comes down to the zygote argument. Is it a clump of cells or an actual child. The pro lifers think it's a child.

Roe v Wade was the perfect solution in my opinion. Now those fucksticks jacked it all up. 

That's why the contraceptives are in play with these psychos. What's keeping god from creating that beautiful child? A fucking condom.

gimmesometruth27 said:

It comes down to the zygote argument. Is it a clump of cells or an actual child. The pro lifers think it's a child.

Roe v Wade was the perfect solution in my opinion. Now those fucksticks jacked it all up. 

That's why the contraceptives are in play with these psychos. What's keeping god from creating that beautiful child? A fucking condom.
    also the pill. they will go after that next. just watch.

someone on twitter said that kamala should have a bunch of blue hats made that say MALA

Make
    America
    Laugh
    Again.

this his her one chance to cash in on that.

someone on twitter said that kamala should have a bunch of blue hats made that say MALA

Make
    America
    Laugh
    Again.

on second thought that is a dumb idea. because democrats are not in a fucking cult.

Make
    America
    Laugh
    Again.

on second thought that is a dumb idea. because democrats are not in a fucking cult.
    yeah we won't buy that shit...lol

I still can't get over these rednecks with tRump flags. I don't think we are going to have a tRump boat parade in my hood either. Last one was so fucked up a few boats almost sank. Turns out those morons don't know how to maintain proper distance when parading.

Make
    America
    Laugh
    Again.

yeah we won't buy that shit...lol

I still can't get over these rednecks with tRump flags. I don't think we are going to have a tRump boat parade in my hood either. Last one was so fucked up a few boats almost sank. Turns out those morons don't know how to maintain proper distance when parading.
    what? they are going to pass up a chance to fly those trump flags and sail their trump boats and show everybody how small their dongs are? who would have thunk it?

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,541
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:

Hey, I've got 'em all beat.  I'm not a moderator, so I can't ban anyone (nor have I suggested anyone here be banned).  In fact, I self-banned for 6 months once because I knew something I said was breaking rules here big-time. 
    Please don't refer to me as "enabled".  I have actually been disabled (still am, partially), and have been semi homeless, living in my vehicle not by choice for a few years a good while ago.  Please don't make those kinds of judgements.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 386
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:

Fuck-n-AAAAA!
    nailed it so many ways Sir…. That’s why the hit and run is the only way playing on here, for me atleast…The rules are so different if you don’t kiss the ring and abide.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,337
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:

Fuck-n-AAAAA!
    nailed it so many ways Sir…. That’s why the hit and run is the only way playing on here, for me atleast…The rules are so different if you don’t kiss the ring and abide.  
    A quick glance at your posts make pretty clear why hit and run is your philosophy. Stick around. Try to have a discussion for once. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,935
    shecky said:

Herr Miller has questions! 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,529
    81M 

800M+ Donors
    400M first time 

And depressing that so much money is spent on political campaigns. Citizens United, what a shitty decision in a line of many by the Robert's court. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,541
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:

Fuck-n-AAAAA!

I cut you slack plenty of times and you post this shit?  Goodbye Linda, hello ignore feature.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,093
    tbergs said:
    81M 

800M+ Donors
    400M first time 

And depressing that so much money is spent on political campaigns. Citizens United, what a shitty decision in a line of many by the Robert's court. 
    This is the part that irks the hell out of me. How can anyone claim that they have an equal voice or vote when Elongitaint can pledge, and maybe give, $45M a month to a candidate of their choice and the average voter maxes out at whatever the limit is, $5K? It’s obscene and not necessary but here we are.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 386
    brianlux said:
    seanwon said:
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:

Fuck-n-AAAAA!

I cut you slack plenty of times and you post this shit?  Goodbye Linda, hello ignore feature.

And yet here you are…lol.  
    “Cut me some Slack”….. entitled much???

tbergs said:
    81M 

800M+ Donors
    400M first time 

Thanks for making me feel like crap…..that’s a lot of money that could be used for better purposes.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,093

Make
    America
    Laugh
    Again.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9vUBN_JK3-/?igsh=MWc5MDEzb25ybHFlaA==
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©