Who will be the Democratic nominee?

Comments

• Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 180
    Kamala Harris
    Triple vaxxed and boosted and yet with Covid and but for some reason wasn’t wearing a mask.

Joe slaying the NPC lockdown mantras…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Posts: 36,679
    Joe Biden
    Tjm007 said:
    Triple vaxxed and boosted and yet with Covid and but for some reason wasn’t wearing a mask.

Joe slaying the NPC lockdown mantras…
    Still have zero clue how any of this works, 4 goddamn years in, eh? Well done. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    Other
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:
    Personally, a word that's been on my mind. :)

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

Added: I'm surprised by the panic...Kamala Harris is there and fully capable. The 25th amendment is there if the President isn't able to govern. I also keep thinking about the voting blocs that will feel disenfranchised if a change is made now. Will they even vote in November? Just sharing some thoughts. 
    What happens in 3 weeks at the convention? When Democrats are supposed to unite? All the dissenters don’t show up? 

The Democrats look weak already after the debate. Now the party is fractured with people publicly and back-channel trying to dump Biden.

The Republicans who seemed to never be United in the past are more United than ever. Never Trumpers are even on board.

Free speech is weak? This is a legitimate outcry, because voters received relevant and alarming information about the democratic candidate after the primaries. And we were lied to by the Bidens and the party.

Beats what the GOP would be doing by a mile.
    So your party, your President, your media all lied to you? Did you ever ask what else you were lied to about? How about taking some personal responsibility?

The truth was out there, other media reported it. You chose to look the other way. That’s on you.

Now he’s got Covid after 17 boosters. 
    What truth do you speak of? 
    All his speeches were scripted and on giant teleprompters.

Would not let him do “big boy” press conferences
    (until last week)

White house sending approved questions to media who wanted to interview him

Falling off bikes, up stairs.

Lids placed on him by staff in late afternoon/early evening on a daily basis. 

Several times seen being helped to even walk, freezing (debate) and day or 2 after debate at fundraising event by Obama. Also by world leaders having to help him stay focused and get back to group after wandering off.

The CNNs/MSNBC having to reassure viewers anytime a question arose about Biden’s acuity that “this is the best Biden ever” and “Biden is as sharp as a tack”

I watch a little of every major news organization and really only FOX reported these on a consistent basis.

Other
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

Added: I'm surprised by the panic...Kamala Harris is there and fully capable. The 25th amendment is there if the President isn't able to govern. I also keep thinking about the voting blocs that will feel disenfranchised if a change is made now. Will they even vote in November? Just sharing some thoughts. 
    What happens in 3 weeks at the convention? When Democrats are supposed to unite? All the dissenters don’t show up? 

The Democrats look weak already after the debate. Now the party is fractured with people publicly and back-channel trying to dump Biden.

The Republicans who seemed to never be United in the past are more United than ever. Never Trumpers are even on board.

Free speech is weak? This is a legitimate outcry, because voters received relevant and alarming information about the democratic candidate after the primaries. And we were lied to by the Bidens and the party.

So your party, your President, your media all lied to you? Did you ever ask what else you were lied to about? How about taking some personal responsibility?

The truth was out there, other media reported it. You chose to look the other way. That’s on you.

I gave you an honest answer, and you replied with what aboutisms. Biden may have slipped a word or two here or there. What you are suggesting about this being fully know beforehand is inaccurate.

if I had a choice to vote for an empty chair or trump, I pick the chair. His policies regarding Russia are dangerous and anti American, and his tariffs will harm the economy, cut growth and jobs.
    So Russia invades Crimea under Obama. Russia invades Ukraine under Biden causing a major war resulting in 100s of thousands of deaths and costing billions of dollars to US taxpayers that still is ongoing, but Trumps policies are dangerous? Dangerous for who?

Are you Russian?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Joe Biden
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

(until last week)

Several times seen being helped to even walk, freezing (debate) and day or 2 after debate at fundraising event by Obama. Also by world leaders having to help him stay focused and get back to group after wandering off.

The CNNs/MSNBC having to reassure viewers anytime a question arose about Biden’s acuity that “this is the best Biden ever” and “Biden is as sharp as a tack”

I watch a little of every major news organization and really only FOX reported these on a consistent basis.

Oh ok I’ll take your word for it 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Posts: 36,679
    Joe Biden
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

(until last week)

And yet fox has never covered one of Trump’s SEVERAL gaffes. Why do you think that is? Because you think Fox is a reputable news outlet? 😂 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Other
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

(until last week)

And yet fox has never covered one of Trump’s SEVERAL gaffes. Why do you think that is? Because you think Fox is a reputable news outlet? 😂 
    So they told the truth about Biden but aren’t reputable? OK. Fox and CNN/MSNBC are the same. It’s opinion based organizations designed to get ratings from whatever side they pander to. Democrats will always discredit Fox and such and vice versa. 

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Kamala Harris
    For the millionth time: THE COVID VACCINE IS NOT MEANT TO STOP YOU FROM GETTING COVID. It is not, repeat, NOT, 100% effective at doing that; neither is the flu vaccine (that's generally about 40% effective).

THE COVID VACCINE IS MEANT TO KEEP YOU FROM DYING FROM COVID. Got it? This is *especially* important if you are over age 65, a smoker, diabetic, obese, have kidney disease, are immunocompromised, or are otherwise at high risk of dying from complications of Covid. By the way, a sh!t ton of Americans fall into at least one of those categories.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    For the millionth time: THE COVID VACCINE IS NOT MEANT TO STOP YOU FROM GETTING COVID. It is not, repeat, NOT, 100% effective at doing that; neither is the flu vaccine (that's generally about 40% effective).

THE COVID VACCINE IS MEANT TO KEEP YOU FROM DYING FROM COVID. Got it? This is *especially* important if you are over age 65, a smoker, diabetic, obese, have kidney disease, are immunocompromised, or are otherwise at high risk of dying from complications of Covid. By the way, a sh!t ton of Americans fall into at least one of those categories.

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, YOU BETTER HAVE A CHAT WITH JOEY. HE DISAGREES WITH YOU.
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    Please kick Biden to the curb. Trump will win in an electoral landslide if this continues.

Only Biden can eliminate himself, so we'll just have to see what happens.  I'm wondering if there will be a low voter tun out on both sides? 
    Maybe they’ll just re-assign Trump’s security detail to Biden if he doesn’t drop.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Joe Biden
    What a freakin joke.  Trump gets lucky and all of the sudden he's a hero?  Luck has nothing to do with heroics.  Do I even need to explain that?  Of course not.

And then Biden gets COVID and all of the sudden that makes him... what?  I don't even know what kind of shit the right is trying to put on with that one.  Ohhhhhhhh, damn, that's right, Trump had it too.  But that was different, right?  Hahahahahaha.  It's all so goddamn funny.  Hahahahahahah...

Goodnight, Irene.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited July 18
    shecky said:

Why are you taking screenshots and posting tweets from this incompetent idiot:

In 2012, Johnson became a staff writer at BuzzFeed.[4] In July 2014, BuzzFeed found 41 instances of plagiarism in Johnson's writings, comprising almost ten percent of his work. He was subsequently fired from BuzzFeed and apologized for the plagiarism.[5]

In September 2014, Johnson became digital director at the National Review (NR).[6]

In 2015, Johnson joined the Independent Journal Review (IJR) as a creative content contributor.[6] Later that year, the IJR staffers accused him of plagiarizing an article about then-House Republican Conference chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers.[7]

In March 2017, Johnson was suspended by the IJR after his involvement in an article which asserted that judge Derrick Watson's partial blocking of Executive Order 13780 was connected to former president Barack Obama's visit to Hawaii. Johnson had been warned that the IJR could potentially be promoting a conspiracy theory, but assigned the story anyway.[7][8] That same month, Johnson was reported to have been verbally abusive and driven numerous staffers away from the IJR due to his management style;[8] he was subsequently demoted.[9]

In August 2017, Johnson wrote an article containing the most controversial tweets of what he thought was the Boston antifa Twitter account, but what was a fake account intended to lampoon antifa. Initially an editorial note was added, and the article was later removed.[10][11][12]

Not a good look. Reflects really badly on you @shecky

Second-hand embarrassment for you, from over here in Sweden. Yikes.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited July 18
    teskeinc said:

Maybe I am spoiled from not having to live in the US, but why would a news organization report on a person tripping in a flight of stairs

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 392
    I don’t know which is more entertaining to watch, the complete meltdown of the Dummycratic party or checking in on a rock bands forum.  Keep your heads up jammers , Happy Days are here again…prayers for Joe Biden on his quick recovery..
    Aloha 

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Kat said:
    Just one more thought to share. There are forces working to cause the panic...some from other countries...and they've been doing all they can to interfere with America for a very long time. I personally have no doubt that we do not know everything that is going on. Another word on my mind is strength, no definition necessary. Be well.   
    Biden's incompetence is causing the panic. Rightfully so.

America is sleep walking into disaster. 

Fuck Biden, he's a selfish asshole.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    Just one more thought to share. There are forces working to cause the panic...some from other countries...and they've been doing all they can to interfere with America for a very long time. I personally have no doubt that we do not know everything that is going on. Another word on my mind is strength, no definition necessary. Be well.   

It’s insane that they completely abandoned him over night after one bad debate performance. Makes me think they’ve seen things behind the scenes for awhile and that performance was the last straw. Either way, it’s a shitty situation this late in the game. . He should’ve immediately stated he was a one term guy. He had an incredible career and did his job in beating Trump and having a successful presidency. Nothing to be ashamed of. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    I don’t know which is more entertaining to watch, the complete meltdown of the Dummycratic party or checking in on a rock bands forum.  Keep your heads up jammers , Happy Days are here again…prayers for Joe Biden on his quick recovery..
    Aloha 

that's actually how I picture you
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Kat said:

stead·fast
    /ˈstedˌfast/

adjective
    "steadfast loyalty"

I gave you an honest answer, and you replied with what aboutisms. Biden may have slipped a word or two here or there. What you are suggesting about this being fully know beforehand is inaccurate.

if I had a choice to vote for an empty chair or trump, I pick the chair. His policies regarding Russia are dangerous and anti American, and his tariffs will harm the economy, cut growth and jobs.
    So Russia invades Crimea under Obama. Russia invades Ukraine under Biden causing a major war resulting in 100s of thousands of deaths and costing billions of dollars to US taxpayers that still is ongoing, but Trumps policies are dangerous? Dangerous for who?

Are you Russian?

Putin wants Trump to be president. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    you all are falling for the polls again. its still too early for polling to be meaningful, yet here we are.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    Kat said:

Makes me think they’ve seen things behind the scenes for awhile and that performance was the last straw. Either way, it’s a shitty situation this late in the game. . He should’ve immediately stated he was a one term guy. He had an incredible career and did his job in beating Trump and having a successful presidency. Nothing to be ashamed of. 
    I agree with this.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108
    you all are falling for the polls again. its still too early for polling to be meaningful, yet here we are.
    To me, this is bigger than polling. Biden is clearly in a questionable state to have a presidential debate. Since the POTUS is a 'persuasive leader' role, that's deeply concerning for me in terms of his ability to rally Congress and the Senate, and even more so in persuading foreign leaders in negotiating discussions. 

This is insanely frustrating to witness. 

2016: Clinton vs. Trump. Democrats can't believe Republicans have no standards in their nominee. Democrats are also frustrated that the party won't pass the torch to a more 'in tune' politician.

2020: Biden vs. Trump. Democrats can't believe Republicans have no standards in their nominee. Democrats are also frustrated that the party won't pass the torch to a more 'in tune' politician, and are worried about the age of their politician. 

2024: Biden vs. Trump. Democrats can't believe Republicans have no standards in their nominee. Democrats are also frustrated that the party won't pass the torch to a more 'in tune' politician, and are even more worried about the age of their politician - and now their mental fitness, which is visibly questionable. 

How many more four-year terms are Democrats willing to kick the can (this discussion)? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    That's ridiculous. Crazy to stick your head in the sand and ignore what all the polling is telling us. What anyone with eyes can see.

Anyone who really cares about your country should be running around with their hair on fire right now.

You seriously think Biden can do the job for another 4 years? Not that it matters because he won't win, doesn't have the tools beat the most unfit candidate in at least my lifetime.

This shouldn't even be close. It's malpractice.

Other
    dignin said:
    That's ridiculous. Crazy to stick your head in the sand and ignore what all the polling is telling us. What anyone with eyes can see.

Anyone who really cares about your country should be running around with their hair on fire right now.

You seriously think Biden can do the job for another 4 years? Not that it matters because he won't win, doesn't have the tools beat the most unfit candidate in at least my lifetime.

Is he ok to run the country for 6 more months or just needs to be replaced because polls show he can’t beat Trump?
    dignin said:

polls do not matter this far out. if biden is the nominee he is going to win. because the alternative is trump, and a majority of americans remember how terrible he was the first time and have no reason to believe he will be better this time.

biden needs to win the election and then plan his exit. it is far too late in the game to introduce a new dem candidate and then try to foist them onto the american people. biden has done a good job and deserves a 2nd term.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

nate silver wants trump to win and he is showing biden still can win. even after the assassination attempt.

project 2025 will sink trump. no democratic candidate will. trump needs to be tattooed with his record and project 2025 and americans will reject him.

nate silver wants trump to win and he is showing biden still can win. even after the assassination attempt.

project 2025 will sink trump. no democratic candidate will. trump needs to be tattooed with his record and project 2025 and americans will reject him.
    After 2016 I am hesitant to fully accept Nate's analysis but they seem to make corrections that the regular polling overlooks. His results factor in current unemployment rates, stock market, other economic indicators. They also factor in how the democrat votes have been stronger in actual elections in 2022 than the polling reflected prior to those elections.

Part of me thinks that tRump polls high because his base tends to be older and at home answering phones, etc. Gen Z doesn't know what a land line is.

Here is the VA simulation...big news today with tRump coming out ahead in one poll but no mention of other polls over the same time period where Biden is ahead

• Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 180
    Kamala Harris

Project 2025 is a joke.

standing behind a vegetable for 3 years will end the Dems for this election - no amount of imported voters and ballot harvesting can overcome this deceit.