Ohanafest - Who Will Replace Uncle Neil?

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    critterau said:
    I love Jason and I’m from Alabama and followed him for 20 years but he is not a headliner for this festival. However, Zach Bryan is and you could easily add both Zach and Jason to this day and make quite an impact for missing Neil Young. Jason just opened up for Zach Bryan on a few different shows and stadium tours and they are both available that weekend. That would be a great day.

Both Zach and Jason love Pearl Jam too 
    I know about Jason's love for Pearl Jam but I haven't seen anything about Zach. Not saying you're lying. 

Speaking of someone who loves Pearl Jam. Adam Levine. Maroon 5
    I miss igotid88
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,922
    Hozier wraps up his tour in SoCal in mid-September.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    edited July 3
    Hozier wraps up his tour in SoCal in mid-September.
    No he doesn't. And he's playing the Pilgrimage Festival that day.
    I miss igotid88
  • PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 124
    igotid88 said:
    Love the Maggie Rogers idea. And she's done Ohana before. Speaking of Brandi. Since Maren is going to be there on Friday. Why not The Highwomen?
    If it’s with Yola, hell yes
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,641
    Really a bummer. Neil Young and Crazy Horses are in their 80s. To play rock and roll at that age and potentially some Mirror Ball songs with Pearl Jam…this was a last chance. Would they offer partial refund for Saturday if weekend pass purchased? 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 647
    Really a bummer. Neil Young and Crazy Horses are in their 80s. To play rock and roll at that age and potentially some Mirror Ball songs with Pearl Jam…this was a last chance. Would they offer partial refund for Saturday if weekend pass purchased? 
    Neil’s a spry 78
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 165
    Guns and roses
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,289
    Theoretically, couldn't Neil still play if the health issues are elsewhere within Crazy Horse? 

Anyhow, maybe the Ohana attendees will be treated to Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit. Nickleback? Creed?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    Neil solo, yes.
    The others, jeez, please no.
  • Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 801
    Neil’s a spry 78
    Perfect candidate to replace Biden! 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    Theoretically, couldn't Neil still play if the health issues are elsewhere within Crazy Horse? 

Anyhow, maybe the Ohana attendees will be treated to Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit. Nickleback? Creed?
    The wording on the official statements is vague but hints at multiple people sick. Neil has said on the Neil Young Archives that he is one of them. But also, he was outspoken about being leery of touring after Covid, so now that he presumably got it while on tour, i’m sure that doesn’t help his feelings about it.
    The other problem is, he doesn’t really have a band anymore without Crazy Horse, Spooner Oldham and Ben Keith are dead and Promise of the Real broke up a couple months ago. Could he do solo acoustic? Sure, but is that a festival headlining set? Not really.
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    JD87070 said:

The wording on the official statements is vague but hints at multiple people sick. Neil has said on the Neil Young Archives that he is one of them. But also, he was outspoken about being leery of touring after Covid, so now that he presumably got it while on tour, i’m sure that doesn’t help his feelings about it.
    The other problem is, he doesn’t really have a band anymore without Crazy Horse, Spooner Oldham and Ben Keith are dead and Promise of the Real broke up a couple months ago. Could he do solo acoustic? Sure, but is that a festival headlining set? Not really.
    One of his old bands will be around that weekend and not playing on the Saturday 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    JD87070 said:

One of his old bands will be around that weekend and not playing on the Saturday 
    Good point!
  • David.NarwhalDavid.Narwhal Posts: 99
    JD87070 said:

I see what you did there. 🙂
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    yes they will refund the part of the ticket that you feel related to seeing Neil Young and CH

that's a big LOL
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 801
    Little souvenir from Toledo 04 with Uncle Neil (and Peter Frampton). Nothing and no one will replace what could have happened at Ohana. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    Neil’s a spry 78
    He's not constitutionally eligible.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited July 3
    BF25394 said:
    Neil’s a spry 78
    That can be changed with an amendment. Like with Arnold Schwarzenegger. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    BF25394 said:
    Neil’s a spry 78
    Neil could run for governor but not president. At least not until what you said happens. Also if a convicted felon could run. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Neil’s a spry 78
    Neil could run for governor but not president. At least not until what you said happens. Also if a convicted felon could run. 
    It was a sneaky Demolition Man reference
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,922
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Neil’s a spry 78
    It was a sneaky Demolition Man reference

But for those of us in the US, it's a reminder of an actual news story back when Arnold was governor of California, and there was talk of making modifications so he could run for president.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    BF25394 said:
    Neil’s a spry 78
    Amending the Constitution is an even heavier lift than reuniting Jeff Tweedy and Jay Bennett.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    edited July 3
    JD87070 said:

I think it Could happen, but they probably have to come up with more of a sure thing, to actually announce as a headliner. (Because if Neil ends up not playing the show, Ed 3 nights in a row is not a good plan for him or us).

We all were looking forward to some possible "Mirrorball action", as I think Jeff put it. With Neil's reluctance to commit to Any shows at this time, it seems that an impromptu visit during PJ's set(s) would be more likely than actually being part of the schedule. That way he could decide last minute. That also would give Ed a break from singing, for a few. Though I'm sure he would want to be part of Neil's on-stage time.

Heck, I'd be thrilled with just 3: I'm The Ocean, Walk With Me, and RITFW. I'd be crying tears of joy the whole time.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Tom Waits
    Primus
    Mike Patton
    Old Mr. Bungle
    Anything Maynard
    Echo Victor

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Blink 182 would be a nice upgrade but they just played Petco Park.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Blink 182 would be a nice upgrade but they just played Petco Park.  
    Reported
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Ben Harper
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    Ben Harper
    Good choice.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    edited July 4
    Hopefully it gets announced soon.  Acoustic Pearl Jam would be ace
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • G-squaredG-squared Posts: 7
    I wouldn't rule out a Neil sit-in Friday or Sunday. Anything from mirror ball would be amazing!
    Mountain View, California (November 01, 1992); Mountain View, California (October 01, 1994); Mountain View, California (October 02, 1994); Mountain View, California (October 19, 1996); Mountain View, California (October 20, 1996); Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999); Mountain View, California (October 31, 1999); Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001); Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001); Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003); Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003); Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006); Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006); Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010); Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010); Oakland (May 12, 2022); Oakland (May 13, 2022); Fresno (May 16, 2022); Portland, OR (May 10, 2024); Sacramento, CA (May 13, 2024); Los Angeles, CA (May 21, 2024); Los Angeles, CA (May 22, 2024); Seattle, WA (May 28, 2024); Seattle, WA (May 30, 2024)