albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:
    Can somebody help a non-social media dude out and tell me if the Winston with Sacramento prints dropped yet?
    The signed and numbered ones did. https://www.studiofallout.com/shop/p/pearl-jam-poster-sacramento
    When get paid in posters and they don't sell 

I feel sorry for some of these artists. They get so excited over the opportunity to do a PJ poster, only to have the fans shit all over their work, and then not even be able to make a decent paycheck.
    8/10 times the posters sell out. don't you think?
    It's a small contingent on a message board doing the shitting. A lot of fans aren't on here and buy posters and merch. 
    Yeah, it's really sad that some people put so much energy towards being angry about art. We all don't have to appreciate the same art. Hell, I think MANY of the PJ posters aren't worth purchasing, but I'm not gonna spend my time being pissed about it. To each their own.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 464
    edited May 16

Signed and numbered artist proofs with variant color will go on sale tomorrow at 8pm EST:

brianromero.com/store
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,585
    pjl44 said:
    Psychedelic art? On a concert poster?
    I am getting flash backs to my teenage years with black lights and "substances" in the basement of friends houses with hard rock music cranked up. Good times!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    pjl44 said:
    Psychedelic art? On a concert poster?
    I am getting flash backs to my teenage years with black lights and "substances" in the basement of friends houses with hard rock music cranked up. Good times!
    Hell yeah 
  • Options
    RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 332
    edited May 16
    Wish it was open the day between the shows. I like the shirt and sticker but don't think I'll kill myself for the former if no sizes. The dice and cards aren't really my thing, even if Vegas. The poster is ok.
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • Options
    masterpolmasterpol Posts: 25
    aw435 said:

THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 181
    Only slightly better then Sacramento poster but..yikes. what on earth is the wolf head on the snake supposed to be representing...the alien from the crashed ufo??
    Is it a lion head (mgm has the lion on the corner of the Las Vegas Strip and Tropicana avenue. 

Might be the connection?
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 173
    blairs1 said:
    Only slightly better then Sacramento poster but..yikes. what on earth is the wolf head on the snake supposed to be representing...the alien from the crashed ufo??
    Is it a lion head (mgm has the lion on the corner of the Las Vegas Strip and Tropicana avenue. 

Might be the connection?
    Yes, it's a lion's head.  Not sure how someone can think that's a wolf's head, tbh.
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 415
    SHZA said:
    Can somebody help a non-social media dude out and tell me if the Winston with Sacramento prints dropped yet?
    The signed and numbered ones did. https://www.studiofallout.com/shop/p/pearl-jam-poster-sacramento

I feel sorry for some of these artists. They get so excited over the opportunity to do a PJ poster, only to have the fans shit all over their work, and then not even be able to make a decent paycheck.
    preach

the struggle is real

being a poster artists is a weird gig... you pour all this time and energy into a piece for weeks if not a month or more and cross your fingers it will sell and you can get paid for your time 

I've been making posters now for two decades... and you'd think that'd make me an expert on what fans will like and what they will want to buy or frame on their wall.... and the longer I do this, the less and less I understand about what art will resonate and what art will flop 

you can be working on your poster for weeks, all stoked and proud and can't wait for fans to see it...... and then they don't like it... just takes all the wind out of your sails/sales...          hero or zero... maybe a meh in between 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,314
    Vedd Hedd said:
    The poster is not my jam, but here is information about the artist (the poster is very much his aesthetic): https://www.winstonsmith.com/
    FYI, Winston Smith, the artist, designed the famous Dead Kennedys logo. 
    I thought that are looked familiar!  His art isn't for everyone.  Cool that he tried.  Makes me think I am buying an old DK or Jello album.

If HR Giger were alive and he tried to make a PJ poster I'd probably hate it too.  He's one of my fav all-time artists but some aren't meant to do gig posters, ya dig?
    Oooh,I would totally be behind a PJ Tour Poster by HR Giger.  
    Since your avatar name is Vedd Hedd I guess you wouldn't mind all the phalic symbols, lol!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    I assume none of the decks of cards have a King Diamond?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    What is a banner
    David Banner - Cadillac On 22s Official Music Video
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,595
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I assume none of the decks of cards have a King Diamond?
    Nope, I checked and they've been discarded. 
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 530
    edited May 16
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

It's a small contingent on a message board doing the shitting. A lot of fans aren't on here and buy posters and merch. 
    Yeah, it's really sad that some people put so much energy towards being angry about art. We all don't have to appreciate the same art. Hell, I think MANY of the PJ posters aren't worth purchasing, but I'm not gonna spend my time being pissed about it. To each their own.
    Right, I'm quite surprised at some of these poster art opinions.  It's clear that a lot of effort was put in to creating them.  I liked the Sacramento and Vegas posters at first look.  They are unique and abstract, with a nice touch of detail to reference the location.  I don't think either one is "hideous".  Maybe people aren't in to abstract art, and that's fine.  Def some cool artwork either way.
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

They'd buy a lump of shit w PJ on it too...
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,531
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

They'd buy a lump of shit w PJ on it too...
    Word
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

being a poster artists is a weird gig... you pour all this time and energy into a piece for weeks if not a month or more and cross your fingers it will sell and you can get paid for your time 

I've been making posters now for two decades... and you'd think that'd make me an expert on what fans will like and what they will want to buy or frame on their wall.... and the longer I do this, the less and less I understand about what art will resonate and what art will flop 

you can be working on your poster for weeks, all stoked and proud and can't wait for fans to see it...... and then they don't like it... just takes all the wind out of your sails/sales...          hero or zero... maybe a meh in between 

Many of the posters from the past few years have used the same coloring.  It's uncanny how many posters were brown or mustard...

Also Mardi Gras color combos aren't always the best choices.

Here is to your next one making you a hero.
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 179
    JojoRice said:

They should have used the dice packaging as a poster.  Maybe they will?  
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,405
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Well said Mr. Klausen! Art is a subjective thing and no doubt all of the artists worked hard on all of these posters. Kudos to their hard work. Eagerly awaiting both posters to Philly in September.

Thank you poster artists for all of the wonderful work that graces our walls!

Big thanks on your Nashville ‘22, Brad! That one is a beauty!  And it got us to hear Rats that night! 
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 530
    That Vegas poster is so badass every time I look at it.  Love the lion's head, the bright electric colors, and the UFO, plus the sky looks cool with the various space objects.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 624
    I generally like all the posters, current Vegas one included. Some I like more and some less. I appreciate all the work of the artists, and the effort of the band to find artists with ties to cities or artists they appreciate to do unique posters for each show. Keep them coming. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,337
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Well said Mr. Klausen! Art is a subjective thing and no doubt all of the artists worked hard on all of these posters. Kudos to their hard work. Eagerly awaiting both posters to Philly in September.

Thank you poster artists for all of the wonderful work that graces our walls!

Big thanks on your Nashville ‘22, Brad! That one is a beauty!  And it got us to hear Rats that night! 
    Nashville 22. Top 3 in my posters at home 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,720
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Brad, I always appreciate your perspective and am grateful that you share it. I hope you continue making art for Pearl Jam for many years.  
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 143
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Many of the posters from the past few years have used the same coloring.  It's uncanny how many posters were brown or mustard...

Also Mardi Gras color combos aren't always the best choices.

Here is to your next one making you a hero.
    There are some bands out there that use the exact same poster every show during a tour... Nothing changes but the location and date. That would be brutal.

I much prefer this approach...multiple artists who swing for the fences every time...After all, isn't embracing individuality a big part of what the band is about?

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,154
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Looking forward to seeing your poster in the next couple of weeks Brad (assume it may be one of the Seattles). 
    I’m sure it will be liked by the fans. Still love the two QOTSA prints and the Foo Fighters print you did last year. 
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    SHZA said:

Nobody is shitting on his work. Some people just don’t like it. Not everyone likes the same things. Some of this fanbase is so soft. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 725
    TIL- Brad Klausen posts here. So cool. I have several of your pieces in my collection.  
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 624
    Some might say lobbing overly critical messages about someone else's hard work on a discussion forum is soft. To each their own.