Options

2024 Tour Merch Thread-Any Info or Pictures to share

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:
    Can somebody help a non-social media dude out and tell me if the Winston with Sacramento prints dropped yet?
    The signed and numbered ones did. https://www.studiofallout.com/shop/p/pearl-jam-poster-sacramento
    When get paid in posters and they don't sell 

I feel sorry for some of these artists. They get so excited over the opportunity to do a PJ poster, only to have the fans shit all over their work, and then not even be able to make a decent paycheck.
    Nobody is shitting on his work. Some people just don’t like it. Not everyone likes the same things. Some of this fanbase is so soft. 
    Guy who was admittedly blocked by TSURT is definitely not my barometer for respectful dialogue on....merch designs.
  • Options
    DL236795DL236795 Gold Coast, Australia Posts: 30
    I love having a PJ poster collection with a range of different styles and ideas. Like a booksheld with a range of different books and trinkets. 
    Brisbane 1998 #1, Brisbane 2003 #1, #2, Brisbane 2006 #1, #2, Brisbane 2009, Gold Coast 2014
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,664
    demetrios said:
    DT6012 said:

Lakeshow bball

Forum poster? Gremmie?!?

I'm guessing skateboard?

I also see this magazine in that box.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,664

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    Some might say lobbing overly critical messages about someone else's hard work on a discussion forum is soft. To each their own.
    Nope. Soft is a fanbase that can’t take any kind of opinion. Just bcuz someone says they don’t care for the guy’s style isn’t shitting on it. I can appreciate his vision and effort. Just not my thing or some other people’s. It’s become a soft generation. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    edited May 16
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:
    Can somebody help a non-social media dude out and tell me if the Winston with Sacramento prints dropped yet?
    The signed and numbered ones did. https://www.studiofallout.com/shop/p/pearl-jam-poster-sacramento

I feel sorry for some of these artists. They get so excited over the opportunity to do a PJ poster, only to have the fans shit all over their work, and then not even be able to make a decent paycheck.
    Nobody is shitting on his work. Some people just don’t like it. Not everyone likes the same things. Some of this fanbase is so soft. 
    Guy who was admittedly blocked by TSURT is definitely not my barometer for respectful dialogue on....merch designs.
    Oh, you’re so witty. You know nothing about me, keyboard warrior. Another soft fan. 
    Post edited by PJammin' on
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    JR225955JR225955 Posts: 27
    Soooooo... Who is the LV2 artist then?
    1995 - San Diego
    2006 - The Gorge
    2011 - San Jose, CR
    2018 - Missoula
    2020- San Diego
    2022 - San Diego
    2022 - Las Vegas
    2024 - Portland
    2024 - Las Vegas (Nt.2)
  • Options
    edited May 16
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

Oh, you’re so witty. You no nothing about me, keyboard warrior. Another soft fan. 
    I no you can't spell
  • Options
    I miss the 1950s when you could dress down a poster artist and no one said shit
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

Oh, you’re so witty. You no nothing about me, keyboard warrior. Another soft fan. 
    I no you can't spell
    Seriously, just drop it. Poster artist must be your husband or something to get so triggered to start attacking someone on their personal opinion of art. Get help. 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,154
    JR225955 said:
    Soooooo... Who is the LV2 artist then?
    Jeff Soto or Arian Buhler I imagine
  • Options
    Get help says the guy who had to be blocked by someone who makes concert t-shirts
  • Options
    Fin
  • Options
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

I no you can't spell
    Seriously, just drop it. Poster artist must be your husband or something to get so triggered to start attacking someone on their personal opinion of art. Get help. 
    Close - I'm in a common law marriage with one of the Costacos Brothers

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

I mean, someone called the Sacramento artist a jagoff and that TSURT should be ashamed for even hiring him. I think that qualifies as shitting on somebody (and their work).  Now call me a snowflake and move on
  • Options
    Anyway kudos to Brian Romano and always three cheers for Brad K
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Get help says the guy who had to be blocked by someone who makes concert t-shirts
    What can I say, TSURT is soft too. Can’t take any kind of criticism. Just like you, my boy.  
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 530
    Lol.  These artists work so hard.  Even you don't like it, show some respect.  That's not a soft view. It's a mature one 
  • Options
    Now there's a poster idea - Costacos Brothers style but for each Pearl Jam member. Just printing money with those.
  • Options
    edited May 16
    MikeDigs said:
    Lol.  These artists work so hard.  Even you don't like it, show some respect.  That's not a soft view. It's a mature one 
    This is a message board and people can give their opinions on the art, whether anyone likes it or not. Just bcuz I don’t like this piece doesn’t mean I won’t like something else by him in the future. I didn’t call it a piece of crap, and even if I did it’s only my personal opinion. Show respect. Ok, I take back everything I said about it. 🙄
    Post edited by PJammin' on
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 725
    Why is this one douchebag so concerned with calling everyone who isn’t a raging cunt soft?
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,084
    Prices
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    edited May 16
    What kind of dice is that???……is it God’s Dice on the anniversary of Binaural? 

In my defence for the terrible joke am sitting by the pool at South Point enjoying a few. 
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,337
    JojoRice said:
    Prices
    Sheesh. 15 for some cards
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Brannigans lawBrannigans law Posts: 130
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

being a poster artists is a weird gig... you pour all this time and energy into a piece for weeks if not a month or more and cross your fingers it will sell and you can get paid for your time 

I've been making posters now for two decades... and you'd think that'd make me an expert on what fans will like and what they will want to buy or frame on their wall.... and the longer I do this, the less and less I understand about what art will resonate and what art will flop 

you can be working on your poster for weeks, all stoked and proud and can't wait for fans to see it...... and then they don't like it... just takes all the wind out of your sails/sales...          hero or zero... maybe a meh in between 

I think the problem is the artist needs to take account of the fanbase. This LV poster would be super cool in a dorm room, but the fanbase is 40-60 year olds.  Sometimes simple is best. Take the Moline poster one of the most sought after prints. It's just an ad for John Deere. But it's clean.  One of my favorite posters is the 2003 St. Paul poster. Again clean and simple but represents the area even if it's a dig. I think that's why the catch from Fenway is such a hit. It's just clean.(his MN State Fair print is way better then the catch).  It's why the Faile Wrigley is off, It's a great print but why is Ferris a wolf, throws the whole thing imo. 

I really like the Vancouver wolf print, almost bought the ap but funds didn't make sense. 

I do love seeing all the unique artwork and wish nothing but success for the artists. Just giving my 2 cents. 

Last random though I love Shag and would love to see hime do a show print
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,727
    PJammin' said:
    MikeDigs said:
    This is a message board and people can give their opinions on the art, whether anyone likes it or not. Just bcuz I don’t like this piece doesn’t mean I won’t like something else by him in the future. I didn’t call it a piece of crap, and even if I did it’s only my personal opinion. Show respect. Ok, I take back everything I said about it. 🙄
    Consider if the anonymity provided by the internet is altering how you might say something when giving an opinion. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Some might say lobbing overly critical messages about someone else's hard work on a discussion forum is soft. To each their own.
    Love this. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

being a poster artists is a weird gig... you pour all this time and energy into a piece for weeks if not a month or more and cross your fingers it will sell and you can get paid for your time 

I've been making posters now for two decades... and you'd think that'd make me an expert on what fans will like and what they will want to buy or frame on their wall.... and the longer I do this, the less and less I understand about what art will resonate and what art will flop 

you can be working on your poster for weeks, all stoked and proud and can't wait for fans to see it...... and then they don't like it... just takes all the wind out of your sails/sales...          hero or zero... maybe a meh in between 

I think the problem is the artist needs to take account of the fanbase. This LV poster would be super cool in a dorm room, but the fanbase is 40-60 year olds.  Sometimes simple is best. Take the Moline poster one of the most sought after prints. It's just an ad for John Deere. But it's clean.  One of my favorite posters is the 2003 St. Paul poster. Again clean and simple but represents the area even if it's a dig. I think that's why the catch from Fenway is such a hit. It's just clean.(his MN State Fair print is way better then the catch).  It's why the Faile Wrigley is off, It's a great print but why is Ferris a wolf, throws the whole thing imo. 

I really like the Vancouver wolf print, almost bought the ap but funds didn't make sense. 

I do love seeing all the unique artwork and wish nothing but success for the artists. Just giving my 2 cents. 

Who knew making posters was this simple? 🙄
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    That line was one of the shortest I've seen and took the longest. But got every single thing I wanted, all shirts in all sizes, the bag, amazingly, and the poster looks great in person.
  • Options
    Brannigans lawBrannigans law Posts: 130
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Who knew making posters was this simple? 🙄
    Didn't say it was simple but thanks for adding to the conversation