Options

2024 Tour Merch Thread-Any Info or Pictures to share

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    PJammin' said:
    MikeDigs said:
    Lol.  These artists work so hard.  Even you don't like it, show some respect.  That's not a soft view. It's a mature one 
    This is a message board and people can give their opinions on the art, whether anyone likes it or not. Just bcuz I don’t like this piece doesn’t mean I won’t like something else by him in the future. I didn’t call it a piece of crap, and even if I did it’s only my personal opinion. Show respect. Ok, I take back everything I said about it. 🙄
    Consider if the anonymity provided by the internet is altering how you might say something when giving an opinion. 
    I said what I said and it wasn’t even harsh. It’s too bad if people can’t take it. People are over critical of the band but they feel the need to defend a poster artist. Hilarious. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    edited May 17
    SHZA said:
    Can somebody help a non-social media dude out and tell me if the Winston with Sacramento prints dropped yet?
    The signed and numbered ones did. https://www.studiofallout.com/shop/p/pearl-jam-poster-sacramento
    When get paid in posters and they don't sell 

I feel sorry for some of these artists. They get so excited over the opportunity to do a PJ poster, only to have the fans shit all over their work, and then not even be able to make a decent paycheck.
    preach

the struggle is real

being a poster artists is a weird gig... you pour all this time and energy into a piece for weeks if not a month or more and cross your fingers it will sell and you can get paid for your time 

I've been making posters now for two decades... and you'd think that'd make me an expert on what fans will like and what they will want to buy or frame on their wall.... and the longer I do this, the less and less I understand about what art will resonate and what art will flop 

you can be working on your poster for weeks, all stoked and proud and can't wait for fans to see it...... and then they don't like it... just takes all the wind out of your sails/sales...          hero or zero... maybe a meh in between 

I think the problem is the artist needs to take account of the fanbase. This LV poster would be super cool in a dorm room, but the fanbase is 40-60 year olds.  Sometimes simple is best. Take the Moline poster one of the most sought after prints. It's just an ad for John Deere. But it's clean.  One of my favorite posters is the 2003 St. Paul poster. Again clean and simple but represents the area even if it's a dig. I think that's why the catch from Fenway is such a hit. It's just clean.(his MN State Fair print is way better then the catch).  It's why the Faile Wrigley is off, It's a great print but why is Ferris a wolf, throws the whole thing imo. 

I really like the Vancouver wolf print, almost bought the ap but funds didn't make sense. 

I do love seeing all the unique artwork and wish nothing but success for the artists. Just giving my 2 cents. 

Last random though I love Shag and would love to see hime do a show print
    No, don’t say this stuff. The softies will come after you for having a personal opinion. They think your 💩ing on the artist. DO NOT DO THIS. 

BTW, love Shag. 👍
    Post edited by PJammin' on
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 296
    Where's @Sea? This thread has totally gone off the rails. 
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 96
    That line was one of the shortest I've seen and took the longest. But got every single thing I wanted, all shirts in all sizes, the bag, amazingly, and the poster looks great in person.
    It was sooooooo slow
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 530
    njhaley1 said:
    Where's @Sea? This thread has totally gone off the rails. 
    :lol: Let's give it until Vegas night 2.  Perhaps there will be a "simple" non-abstract poster that people will like.  Then this thread can go back off he rails when another abstract, loudly colored poster is released.  :lol:  I really hope that both LA posters are loud and abstract, as "simple" art doesn't fit LA so much (or Vegas).
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    Can somebody help a non-social media dude out and tell me if the Winston with Sacramento prints dropped yet?
    The signed and numbered ones did. https://www.studiofallout.com/shop/p/pearl-jam-poster-sacramento

I feel sorry for some of these artists. They get so excited over the opportunity to do a PJ poster, only to have the fans shit all over their work, and then not even be able to make a decent paycheck.
    preach

the struggle is real

being a poster artists is a weird gig... you pour all this time and energy into a piece for weeks if not a month or more and cross your fingers it will sell and you can get paid for your time 

I've been making posters now for two decades... and you'd think that'd make me an expert on what fans will like and what they will want to buy or frame on their wall.... and the longer I do this, the less and less I understand about what art will resonate and what art will flop 

you can be working on your poster for weeks, all stoked and proud and can't wait for fans to see it...... and then they don't like it... just takes all the wind out of your sails/sales...          hero or zero... maybe a meh in between 

I think the problem is the artist needs to take account of the fanbase. This LV poster would be super cool in a dorm room, but the fanbase is 40-60 year olds.  Sometimes simple is best. Take the Moline poster one of the most sought after prints. It's just an ad for John Deere. But it's clean.  One of my favorite posters is the 2003 St. Paul poster. Again clean and simple but represents the area even if it's a dig. I think that's why the catch from Fenway is such a hit. It's just clean.(his MN State Fair print is way better then the catch).  It's why the Faile Wrigley is off, It's a great print but why is Ferris a wolf, throws the whole thing imo. 

I really like the Vancouver wolf print, almost bought the ap but funds didn't make sense. 

I do love seeing all the unique artwork and wish nothing but success for the artists. Just giving my 2 cents. 

Who knew making posters was this simple? 🙄
    Didn't say it was simple but thanks for adding to the conversation
    You literally said it twice.  LOL 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Brannigans lawBrannigans law Posts: 130
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Who knew making posters was this simple? 🙄
    Didn't say it was simple but thanks for adding to the conversation
    You literally said it twice.  LOL 

K again thanks for the conversation 
  • Options
    EMizner said:
    That line was one of the shortest I've seen and took the longest. But got every single thing I wanted, all shirts in all sizes, the bag, amazingly, and the poster looks great in person.
    It was sooooooo slow
    It was awful. I can't believe everything was still there, but it has to be because they just weren't moving people through. Usually for the wait the line would have been twice as long at least.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,487
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

8/10 times the posters sell out. don't you think?
    It's a small contingent on a message board doing the shitting. A lot of fans aren't on here and buy posters and merch. 
    Yeah, it's really sad that some people put so much energy towards being angry about art. We all don't have to appreciate the same art. Hell, I think MANY of the PJ posters aren't worth purchasing, but I'm not gonna spend my time being pissed about it. To each their own.
    The "anger" I've seen isn't so much directed at the art. I think there's a sentiment among some poster fanatics that Tsurt isn't really trying to put out a quality product because people are going to buy a million of them anyway. How do you not hire EMEK for Portland? Meanwhile, other bands consistently have much better posters. In fairness though, I think the roster for the rest of this leg is pretty strong. 
  • Options
    edited May 17
    DE4173 said:

Signed and numbered artist proofs with variant color will go on sale tomorrow at 8pm EST:

brianromero.com/store
    I like the green on the variant better than the yellow 
  • Options

Green dice inside 
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 530
    SHZA said:

Green dice inside 
    Very cool, thanks for posting.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    SHZA said:

preach

the struggle is real

Thank you for chiming in, Brad. Everyone is an art critic. Bottom line is that there is no need for people to be such assholes after an artist puts all of their effort into trying their best to make something fans will simply enjoy. I am an artist and it would fucking kill my soul to read some of these comments. Shameful.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 485
    SHZA said:

Green dice inside 
    Looks like date says May 2022.

Wonder if those were meant for then originally before the cancellation. 

Like them better, actually. 
  • Options

• Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 296
    pjruss said:
    SHZA said:

Green dice inside 

No one will notice, they said. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,029
    Tsurt last year deleted a pic with the red dice in it. 
  • Options
    pjruss said:
    SHZA said:

Green dice inside 

Some of the red ones also had 2022
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,531
    SHZA said:
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

It's a small contingent on a message board doing the shitting. A lot of fans aren't on here and buy posters and merch. 
    Yeah, it's really sad that some people put so much energy towards being angry about art. We all don't have to appreciate the same art. Hell, I think MANY of the PJ posters aren't worth purchasing, but I'm not gonna spend my time being pissed about it. To each their own.
    The "anger" I've seen isn't so much directed at the art. I think there's a sentiment among some poster fanatics that Tsurt isn't really trying to put out a quality product because people are going to buy a million of them anyway. How do you not hire EMEK for Portland? Meanwhile, other bands consistently have much better posters. In fairness though, I think the roster for the rest of this leg is pretty strong. 
    Good take on it I agree
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,373
    SHZA said:
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

Who’s to say that Emek wanted the job if he was even offered it? I would think the Coachella stuff and pulling to together everything for the huge gallery exhibit currently going on at Gabba Gallery in LA would take a lot of time. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,450
    SHZA said:

Green dice inside 
    The world is burning. Stop sell junk. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    edited May 17
    The Vancouver 2 and Portland prints are the best quality artwork I've seen on a PJ poster in a long, long time.  Those two artists raised the bar in that department.  Whether it's the fanbase's style or not is a different topic.  
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,664
    SHZA said:

Green dice inside 

Cool.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,011
    We didn’t make it to the arena til about 8pm. Was happily surprised they still had the dice, stickers and and show shirts. I passed on the poster. Only thing I wanted that was sold out was the cards. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    SHZA said:
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

How do you not hire EMEK for Portland?
    Because Becky Cloonan is an awesome artist from Portland? Maybe not well known in these circles but I know the comic book people like me were psyched to see her name. She’s done a bunch of stuff for Marvel & DC. And I thought her poster was great. 
  • Options
    Huskers20Huskers20 Posts: 88
    Posted this an another thread....Wait to get stuff inside, at least last night.

After walking by the merch line at 1130 to see 200 people, then looking again at 130 to see at least an extra 100 people. Not waiting to much fun to be had.  Plan was to try during the first run of new songs.  For those going Saturday, it is the way to do it.  The inside merch was five lines wide, and about  4 people deep in line.  Got to the front in 5 minutes.  Was not able to get Vegas Show TShirt, but got Key Chains Stickers, an unneeded tshirt and the 2 hoodies I was sent to get.  And they had posters still available.  Don't waste 3+ hours in the sun.  Good luck on Saturday......Enjoy the show, last night was amazing
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,265
    Huskers20 said:

After walking by the merch line at 1130 to see 200 people, then looking again at 130 to see at least an extra 100 people. Not waiting to much fun to be had.  Plan was to try during the first run of new songs.  For those going Saturday, it is the way to do it.  The inside merch was five lines wide, and about  4 people deep in line.  Got to the front in 5 minutes.  Was not able to get Vegas Show TShirt, but got Key Chains Stickers, an unneeded tshirt and the 2 hoodies I was sent to get.  And they had posters still available.  Don't waste 3+ hours in the sun.  Good luck on Saturday......Enjoy the show, last night was amazing
    Beware though, Vancouver didn’t restock on 2nd night
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,952
    Reminder:  You don’t have to like everything an artist does, however it is not ok to be rude and insulting. Please see the Posting Guidelines. Thank you

• Options
    Huskers20 said:

As a semi-merch pro, it just depends on what you want. If you just want a poster and sticker this could work. You are running a risk on t-shirt sizes and as someone else said, restocks. In Saint Paul last year they had almost nothing inside, even show specific t-shirt sizes, on night 2 right at doors inside. They definitely didn't have popular tour items like the basketball and duffle bag. 

If you want to be assured of some specifics of what you want and go inside, you need to try and be in there when doors open. Might not save you tons of time on waiting overall because then you're waiting hours for the show, but you will be out of the heat and get what you want.

Yesterday was the most miserable wait in terms of time I've had at an outdoor stand, but the company was good and they amazingly had everything by the time I got to the front. I think it's just because they weren't moving any one through. But the fact I got everything and made more Pearl Jam fans made it worth it to me.

Tomorrow I'll probably just want the sticker and poster so I won't do it again, but it just depends on what you want and the time you want to spend on stuff. We partially were influenced on waiting yesterday because we've been to Vegas plenty and we don't leave until Sunday afternoon. If we wanted to experience a place we wouldn't have waited.

It's just all part of the fun. I don't begrudge anyone for how they want to experience their shows.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:

Who’s to say that Emek wanted the job if he was even offered it? I would think the Coachella stuff and pulling to together everything for the huge gallery exhibit currently going on at Gabba Gallery in LA would take a lot of time. 
    Whether he was truly available or not isn't really the point. It's just an example of why people are frustrated by what they perceive as apathy and a lack of effort at trying to make sure the posters are good, They haven't hired him for any shows since 2018. He's not that busy.