Options

TicketMaster's Fan2Fan is now Fan2Bot

Comments

• Options
    DP109775DP109775 Posts: 5
    System is broken for sure and I don't believe the technology is helping the situation in any real way. Will call seemed to be just fine, I don't know that there is any real evidence that F2F has proven to be any better than that system. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,834
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    BigRedd said:
    Sarava said:
    I think this system has evolved to the point where everyone knows the best seats are probably being swapped between 1-6am, so people looking to "upgrade" are probably spamming F5 in these off hours. It will probably ease up in a week or two; Didn't they just open it up in the last few days? The bees nest was just poked and the bees are stirring...wait a week or two until things settle down a bit.
    There will be real fans refreshing all day and night long

That is not the problem. 

The problem is none of these real fans are winning any of the best seats in the house. No one on here or on Facebook are saying they scored GA or great seats. 

I don't understand this comment. There were many, many people who reported here that they got GA or other great seats in the lottery. I was one of them.

They mean on F2F. Last year tons of people here were posting about the great upgrades they were getting. Very few this year. 
    Ah, I see. Thanks.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,494
    njhaley1 said:
    Allegedly Ticketmaster was going to invalidate tickets placed on 3rd party sites (at least outside of NY and IL markets). 

Seems like someone should send them an email to point out all these tickets on other platforms. 
    What's your source for TM planning to invalidate tickets? 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,190
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:
    Allegedly Ticketmaster was going to invalidate tickets placed on 3rd party sites (at least outside of NY and IL markets). 

Seems like someone should send them an email to point out all these tickets on other platforms. 
    They have done it before. I haven't heard anything about Pearl Jam, but I have heard that they have done it for other shows in the past.

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    They can’t invalidate them. There’s a reason none of these resale sites tell you the actual seat number.
  • Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 58
    No Willcall

No Priority

Fan to Fan locked in for selling tickets. 

All of these moves have helped scalpers selling 10C tickets. TM and 10C will lead you to think they are doing whats best for us but never before have you seen so many GA for resale. Also factor in the fact that the majority of lower bowl standard priced seats are 10C do the math there as well how many are lotto tickets. It is embarrassing really. What once was a solid fan friendly ticket experience has fallen to Premium Pearl Jam own scalped tickets and this fan to fan mess. 

• Options
    edited April 5
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

They have done it before. I haven't heard anything about Pearl Jam, but I have heard that they have done it for other shows in the past.

I have seen tickets invalidated for the initial sale but not for resale. The seller may not want the sale to be canceled and did nothing wrong. But if TM said they were going to do it I'd be interested in seeing where they said that.  
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

I have seen tickets invalidated for the initial sale but not for resale. The seller may not want the sale to be canceled and did nothing wrong. But if TM said they were going to do it I'd be interested in seeing where they said that.  
    I think the best we can hope for is tha TM locks it down in some way so moving forward it's not an issue. They could also let it be know that tickets ( if found to be invalid could be refused at the door) and those who bought with intent to sell should sell them back via F2F or risk denied entry for their buyer. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    I don't see TM taking any action to "fix" resale that they make no money on and, from their point of view, is working. 

I think it's more likely they would simply shut F2F down altogether before they would invest resources in fixing it. Less hassle and less competition for the platinum tickets. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

This. No doubt it’s an imperfect system, but F2F beats the alternative. Just take a look at MSG. F2F is simply a resale ticket with price restrictions. If 90% of tickets went to the fan club, every face value F2F ticket that shows up was originally won in the lottery by a 10C member. If individuals only purchased tickets to shows they were actually going to attend, as it is suggested, there would be need for F2F. 

I get that circumstances change, but I believe much of the anger is misdirected.
  • Options
    danofun said:
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

This. No doubt it’s an imperfect system, but F2F beats the alternative. Just take a look at MSG. F2F is simply a resale ticket with price restrictions. If 90% of tickets went to the fan club, every face value F2F ticket that shows up was originally won in the lottery by a 10C member. If individuals only purchased tickets to shows they were actually going to attend, as it is suggested, there would be need for F2F. 

I get that circumstances change, but I believe much of the anger is misdirected.
    Due to my higher 10C number I really like the F2F model in theory. Because of it I was able to upgrade to 5 GA’s last year. But it only works if the fans have actual access to it and are able to buy tickets. If the bots have taken over then we are done for. 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 296
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

• Options
    njhaley1 said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

Interesting. "Subject to" cancellation. Sadly I think it's an empty threat. Hope I'm wrong! 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 296
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

Interesting. "Subject to" cancellation. Sadly I think it's an empty threat. Hope I'm wrong! 
    You'd think if there were people calling them out and showing them examples like @craigraether above, they'd be obliged to do something. Without seat numbers as @AlaG notes, it's hard to say who's listing them, though.

Seatgeek has hundreds for sale for Vegas N2 alone, very few of them face value. 
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    They 100% will not cancel a single sale without obvious and blatant/transparent proof. And they aren't going to waste the resources looking for it.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,394
    I thought I'd be contrarian and write the things that I do like about the current system:

1) Some of those lineups in the early 2000's to pick up tickets got pretty crazy.  I remember the Seattle 2000 lineups being extraordinarily long.  I don't missed spending hours in the will call lineup just to get the tickets.

2) There were a few times my tickets weren't as good as my brain had hoped.   If you know your seat locations months in advance you get over it.  If you picked up the tickets shortly before the show, that's a bit harder.

3) There is technically a chance (albeit slim) to upgrade.

I don't dislike the new system or anything.  There's some drawbacks, but there's some positives too.  
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    Zod said:
    I thought I'd be contrarian and write the things that I do like about the current system:

1) Some of those lineups in the early 2000's to pick up tickets got pretty crazy.  I remember the Seattle 2000 lineups being extraordinarily long.  I don't missed spending hours in the will call lineup just to get the tickets.

2) There were a few times my tickets weren't as good as my brain had hoped.   If you know your seat locations months in advance you get over it.  If you picked up the tickets shortly before the show, that's a bit harder.

I don't dislike the new system or anything.  There's some drawbacks, but there's some positives too.  
    Well said.

• Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    edited April 5
    Why can't F2F leverage an already existing authentication technology.  I don't know about you all, but I would be comfortable with providing an email address (i'd create a specific concert ticket email) and possibly a cell number to someone on here if they chose me to purchase the tickets through F2F.  Seller logs into TM, enters the purchaser's email/phone number in TM (rather then choosing to sell to the open secondary market).  That purchaser receives an authentication code from TM at that email/cell number, and can login and purchase the ticket using that authentication code.  

Alternatively, maybe the seller logs into TM, decides to sell, but before any listing is completed, TM provides an authentication code to the seller.  That seller provides that authentication code to the purchaser of their choice.  Of course, if the seller would like to bypass this and sell on the F2F market without this option, they could do so as well.

I think a hiccup would be how many platforms like 10C exist where fans could come to agreement to buy/sell, maybe not enough to warrant implementing this infrastructural change.

In other words, give choice back to the seller.
    Post edited by AB285441 on
  • Options
    Zod said:

I'm right there with you on this. It's a great idea and it has served many people well these last few years. 

• Options
    boyaxlboyaxl Posts: 46
    JimmyV said:
    Zod said:

I'm right there with you on this. It's a great idea and it has served many people well these last few years. 
    Pearl Jam just needs to wake up and smell the reality and allows transfers like most other artists.  That is the ONLY solution.  More restrictions = more hassle = falsely elevated prices.  Shame on them. It's a freaking concert ticket and should not be this complicated.  Literally every other big band does it better. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,036
    Are the people ok with this system set with tickets this tour? 
  • Options
    boyaxl said:
    JimmyV said:
    Zod said:

Pearl Jam just needs to wake up and smell the reality and allows transfers like most other artists.  That is the ONLY solution.  More restrictions = more hassle = falsely elevated prices.  Shame on them. It's a freaking concert ticket and should not be this complicated.  Literally every other big band does it better. 
    I hear this too. We all learned together in 2020 that face value meant what you paid, not some set base price. Not being able to sell for less than face, particularly premium tickets, seemed like a huge loophole that TM gleefully exploited. But now it's 2024 and that loophole still isn't closed. The system hasn't changed or improved. 

• Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 314
    AB285441 said:
    Why can't F2F leverage an already existing authentication technology.  I don't know about you all, but I would be comfortable with providing an email address (i'd create a specific concert ticket email) and possibly a cell number to someone on here if they chose me to purchase the tickets through F2F.  Seller logs into TM, enters the purchaser's email/phone number in TM (rather then choosing to sell to the open secondary market).  That purchaser receives an authentication code from TM at that email/cell number, and can login and purchase the ticket using that authentication code.  

Alternatively, maybe the seller logs into TM, decides to sell, but before any listing is completed, TM provides an authentication code to the seller.  That seller provides that authentication code to the purchaser of their choice.  Of course, if the seller would like to bypass this and sell on the F2F market without this option, they could do so as well.

I think a hiccup would be how many platforms like 10C exist where fans could come to agreement to buy/sell, maybe not enough to warrant implementing this infrastructural change.

If the seller gets to choose the buyer that will lead to side-deals/bribes which break face value intent of F2F.
  • Options
    edocon said:
    AB285441 said:

If the seller gets to choose the buyer that will lead to side-deals/bribes which break face value intent of F2F.
    If you look at the secondary market sites it is already broken. 
  • Options
    Yes at this point it does feel like only fans are being prevented from transferring. Scalper sites appear to be selling at will. We only just got started, too. Long way to go till September.

• Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    edocon said:
    AB285441 said:

It’s already broke.   I was intending the above to consist of transactions which are sourced through matches made such as this platform.  There are plenty of good people on here with no intent to make money and pass on to fellow fans.  Since the beginning of humanity bribes have existed.  I’m not proposing to eliminate the problem because it can’t be done.  More of a suggestion of a matchmaking market, where buyers and sellers have the same end goal.  
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,620
    The Gorge 2006 will-call line was absolutely atrocious. The venue was half empty the first 3 songs.

Allow transfers on F2F. If I just want to list, fine. If I find someone on here then let me transfer to their email, and when they accept the tickets they pay face value to the sender through TM. Charge a $3 fee.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,394
    AB285441 said:

Any time you allow it so you can transfer or sell tickets to a specific person, you've create a scenario where someone can ask for additional funds or compensation above what the portal asks for.   Even if you "transferred" them a specific person for face, because you're transferring to a known person, you could ask them to paypal you $200 first.   It would create another loophole for scalpers.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,387
    PJNB said:
    Are the people ok with this system set with tickets this tour? 
    I am not set with tickets but am not sure how much more they can do. Other than going back to some older methods that severely limit transferability and/or heavily favor seniority. Which by the way I am totally on board with but I understand why they've made some of the changes they have.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,387
    edited April 6
    A lot of suggestions involve an awful lot of work on their end and we can certainly be asking too much. At the end of the day I appreciate the effort to scoop up great seats and do what they can to get those into fan club members' hands. Once demand gets super high and you couple that with people's desire for options and preferences around resale (not just the initial sale!) it seems like a massive headache.
    Post edited by pjl44 on