Options

TicketMaster's Fan2Fan is now Fan2Bot

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    tickpick has the philly 1 tickets I was lightning fast for this morning; section 6 row 4.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    Has anyone bought a ticket from TickPick? I see cheaper seats than the PJ Premium on TM, but is that a safe site to buy?
    Yep - it's legit.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,080
    How does F2F work? I don’t need to use it as already have GA tickets for all my shows. Is there any way of being notified when tickets drop? Just wondering for future years 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    How does F2F work? I don’t need to use it as already have GA tickets for all my shows. Is there any way of being notified when tickets drop? Just wondering for future years 
    F2F tickets show up on the Ticketmaster map after someone puts them up for sale. You just need to keep refreshing the page for them to eventually show up. The tickets are not guaranteed once in your cart and the fastest person to checkout gets them. 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    how can they transfer tickets?
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,746
    Just when you think it couldn’t get worse it does. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,121

Have tried to "transfer" tickets 3 times so far on random days in the middle of the night for different shows. Every single time when the tickets were listed, I saw them by refreshing, got them in the cart and they were sold in less than a second. I cannot believe a human being was sitting and hitting refresh at 3:45 am on a Thursday morning, or whatever. The speed at which they were bought suggests that bots are now sniping the F2F. Keep in mind this is NOT NY or IL shows where tickets can be sold over face, TM scalpers are now selling their entire TM account (burner accounts) with the tickets included. Just a heads up, the little guy is getting screwed again.

You have to remember, the "middle of the night" is not the middle of the night for everyone. If you're listing at 3:45a for a west coast show, that's 6:45a for someone on the east coast. And there are definitely people up and searching at that time. Same goes for east coast. If you're listing at 3:45a, that's 12:45a for a west coaster. And there are definitely people still up and searching then. 
    While that is generally the best time to try, any time still has risks.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Gibson said:
    mpedone said:
    I honestly do not think there's any reason for not allowing 10C members to sell to each other, aside from no one involved caring to put in the work to allow it. TM can set up multiple password-protected presales with access to only certain seats, so why not individual password-protected sales? I want to sell my tickets, they want to ensure I don't overcharge. Give me a password I can send to a buyer of my choosing. They log in, buy the tickets through the TM site, everyone wins!
    Short answer: we're no more special than any other fanbase and ticketmaster / PJ/ both don't need or want to invest time and energy into one more process that a number of people will complain about because they just lost out of the randomness of getting F2F when available.
    Long answer: I'm sure there's some logic around fairness for all in why they don't. This simply promotes more people with high seniority putting in for all shows and making side deals for more money, rare merch, etc.

Keeping prime seats artificially low in price while at the same time setting a much higher market rate with supply manipulation for PJ premium makes their prime seats sold for $180 close to stage - but actually worth $2000 according to their own standards, an unavoidable target for scalpers, now that they have figured out how to broker in non transferable states.

We as a community should come to agreement that the complex Pearl Jam ticketing system has systematically imploded. There are specific reasons why their broker and platinum prices are higher than any other artist not named Swift.
  • Options
    boyaxlboyaxl Posts: 46
    Gibson said:
    mpedone said:
    I honestly do not think there's any reason for not allowing 10C members to sell to each other, aside from no one involved caring to put in the work to allow it. TM can set up multiple password-protected presales with access to only certain seats, so why not individual password-protected sales? I want to sell my tickets, they want to ensure I don't overcharge. Give me a password I can send to a buyer of my choosing. They log in, buy the tickets through the TM site, everyone wins!
    Short answer: we're no more special than any other fanbase and ticketmaster / PJ/ both don't need or want to invest time and energy into one more process that a number of people will complain about because they just lost out of the randomness of getting F2F when available.
    Long answer: I'm sure there's some logic around fairness for all in why they don't. This simply promotes more people with high seniority putting in for all shows and making side deals for more money, rare merch, etc.

Keeping prime seats artificially low in price while at the same time setting a much higher market rate with supply manipulation for PJ premium makes their prime seats sold for $180 close to stage - but actually worth $2000 according to their own standards, an unavoidable target for scalpers, now that they have figured out how to broker in non transferable states.

We as a community should come to agreement that the complex Pearl Jam ticketing system has systematically imploded. There are specific reasons why their broker and platinum prices are higher than any other artist not named Swift.

Exactly. These prices are so overinflated it is a joke. Shame on PJ for enabling this and if they give a shit about their fans this will be the last time. 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,174
    I figured out what Error U504 is.... "these tickets are sold, but if you still want these seats, check out our partner site at PikTik " they are ready for you now.. " 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Damn what shady 💩TM never fails 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    mpedone said:
    pjhawks said:
    I've said this before (and was told I was wrong) but fan-to-fan while better for the band is worse for the consumer.   Consumer is much better off with a secondary market available to them.  I did not win tickets to Philly 1 or 2 but got tix for night 2.  So for Night 1 i'm pretty much shit out of luck with this f2f bs.  At least with MSG I can decide if I want to choose the price on the secondary market.  I'd much prefer the secondary market being available than f2f.  

I love the idea of it, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired.
    How about a simple transfer option, where you put in your account and the persons account, to both 10cs, you sign a this is not for profit, then TM does the F2F XFR just between your and the new buyer, only can be done once from OG buyer from 10c to another 10c member...or the seller can just list them if they want to. Side deals will happen, but not the gouging that is going on.

We used to be able to transfer tickets to another 10c member years ago, back when tickets were still will call. I did it just once, in 2006 for one of the NJ shows. But, it was 10c that had to make the arrangements manually, rather than through TM's system.

Until it was fond out that folks were gaming/abusing the system, putting in for 10C tix with good seniority with the only intent to transfer to a friend in a different city and 10C put a stop to the practice.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,220
    Lets go back to printed tickets you have to spend half a day lining up for, so that if you want to sell/trade your only option is in person hours before the show :)

I don't think TM is going to invent anything better.   All Fan2Fan is, is the regular resell portal but the price is locked.  I don't think they put too much effort into it.   It does have the advantage that we can sell without needing to raise our prices just to get our money back.  I do like that aspect of it.

I don't think they're ever going to do something sophiticated, like tie the poral into the 10c's portal, so they can restrict access to tickets.

It was only a matter of time, with more bands using fan2fan (like U2 and the cure) that scalpers would figure out work arounds.

Maybe go back to 2018, no transferability?  1 ticket of the pair can be transferred kind of thing.

Fan2Fan has also made tickets completely disposable.  Put in for everything, sell back the ones that aren't good.   Pushing many 10c'ers further back.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,286
    Zod said:
    Lets go back to printed tickets you have to spend half a day lining up for, so that if you want to sell/trade your only option is in person hours before the show :)

I don't think TM is going to invent anything better.   All Fan2Fan is, is the regular resell portal but the price is locked.  I don't think they put too much effort into it.   It does have the advantage that we can sell without needing to raise our prices just to get our money back.  I do like that aspect of it.

I don't think they're ever going to do something sophiticated, like tie the poral into the 10c's portal, so they can restrict access to tickets.

It was only a matter of time, with more bands using fan2fan (like U2 and the cure) that scalpers would figure out work arounds.

Maybe go back to 2018, no transferability?  1 ticket of the pair can be transferred kind of thing.

Fan2Fan has also made tickets completely disposable.  Put in for everything, sell back the ones that aren't good.   Pushing many 10c'ers further back.
    The last sentence is DEAD ON!  Yes, TM and the new system is totally fucked up.  But 10c members are cannibalizing each other by putting in for more tix than they actually intend to use.  Thus, boxing out members who actually want the tix, or pushing members further back than they should be.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    mr bungle said:
    Zod said:

The last sentence is DEAD ON!  Yes, TM and the new system is totally fucked up.  But 10c members are cannibalizing each other by putting in for more tix than they actually intend to use.  Thus, boxing out members who actually want the tix, or pushing members further back than they should be.
    Bingo

But people are playing by the rules they are given. It’s on 10C to do better 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,286
    PJNB said:
    mr bungle said:
    Zod said:

Bingo

But people are playing by the rules they are given. It’s on 10C to do better 
    agreed
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,118
    Hopefully TM was doing.some bot proofing at 0530 this morning. 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I think this system has evolved to the point where everyone knows the best seats are probably being swapped between 1-6am, so people looking to "upgrade" are probably spamming F5 in these off hours. It will probably ease up in a week or two; Didn't they just open it up in the last few days? The bees nest was just poked and the bees are stirring...wait a week or two until things settle down a bit.
  • Options
    BigReddBigRedd Posts: 49
    Sarava said:
    I think this system has evolved to the point where everyone knows the best seats are probably being swapped between 1-6am, so people looking to "upgrade" are probably spamming F5 in these off hours. It will probably ease up in a week or two; Didn't they just open it up in the last few days? The bees nest was just poked and the bees are stirring...wait a week or two until things settle down a bit.
    There will be real fans refreshing all day and night long

That is not the problem. 

The problem is none of these real fans are winning any of the best seats in the house. No one on here or on Facebook are saying they scored GA or great seats. 

• Options
    And on top of that there are plenty of cases of the wins showing up on the other sites. 

It's so obvious whats happening and this band will let it go on for months and not give a flying fuck. 
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,746
    BigRedd said:
    And on top of that there are plenty of cases of the wins showing up on the other sites. 

It's so obvious whats happening and this band will let it go on for months and not give a flying fuck. 
    Well, for me, if I can’t find a decent seat, I’ll just skip the shows. What’s going on this time around disgusts me. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697
    drfox said:
    F2F tickets show up on the Ticketmaster map after someone puts them up for sale. You just need to keep refreshing the page for them to eventually show up. The tickets are not guaranteed once in your cart and the fastest person to checkout gets them. 
    This is just called resale here in Ireland & UK. Ive been doing this since September for Taylor Swift tickets. Managed to get 2 already back in September. Refreshing the page is limited even if you spread it out over the day as TM thinks I'm a bot and temporarily blocks me. Also keeps signing me out as Ive had tickets only to loose them as it asks to sign in and then they are gone. My TM app, wont even show resale tickets even if they are available and the option is checked. 

Kearnsy
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,080
    Kearn5y said:
    drfox said:
    This is just called resale here in Ireland & UK. Ive been doing this since September for Taylor Swift tickets. Managed to get 2 already back in September. Refreshing the page is limited even if you spread it out over the day as TM thinks I'm a bot and temporarily blocks me. Also keeps signing me out as Ive had tickets only to loose them as it asks to sign in and then they are gone. My TM app, wont even show resale tickets even if they are available and the option is checked. 

I have the same issue. TM U.K. always locks me out by refreshing. Out of interest, how are you finding Taylor Swift resale tickets. Seems to still need an access code whenever I’ve looked for my daughter 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697
    drfox said:
    Kearn5y said:
    drfox said:

I have the same issue. TM U.K. always locks me out by refreshing. Out of interest, how are you finding Taylor Swift resale tickets. Seems to still need an access code whenever I’ve looked for my daughter 
    Im using several browsers so jump from one to the other when blocked. Resale for Swift doesnt need a code for Ireland or on both TM & AXS in the UK so if the little pink resale dot appears, its the fastest fingers first and hope that you are still logged in. Ive missed so many by being logged out with out realizing. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    BigRedd said:

@bigRedd what do you think is happening?  legit question from me. Thanks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    BigRedd said:
    Sarava said:

That is not the problem. 

The problem is none of these real fans are winning any of the best seats in the house. No one on here or on Facebook are saying they scored GA or great seats. 

I don't understand this comment. There were many, many people who reported here that they got GA or other great seats in the lottery. I was one of them.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    BF25394 said:
    BigRedd said:
    Sarava said:

That is not the problem. 

I don't understand this comment. There were many, many people who reported here that they got GA or other great seats in the lottery. I was one of them.

They mean on F2F. Last year tons of people here were posting about the great upgrades they were getting. Very few this year. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    BigRedd said:

@bigRedd what do you think is happening?  legit question from me. Thanks.

What I think is happening is 10C thought they were setting up a service to allow fans to sell tickets at face value to other fans if the needed to. 

What I know is happening is scalpers have found a way to snatch up all of the heavily sought after tickets in ways that the normal fan can not compete. 

There are other bands that are now using Fan to Fan as well. Scalpers are all set up for it and they see that the secondary market is actually viable for them with these "non transferable" tickets. 

All 10C and TM is doing is helping them since they can transfer them and we can not. Also as I mentioned before these tickets grabbed by scalpers are going to be off the fan to fan market. In the past as people upgraded they would put their lesser tickets up for grabs again giving other people a shot. Now they will just sit on a secondary site either selling impossible to put back on fan to fan or they will sit there dropping in price until they finally sell or the scalper puts it back on fan to fan close to the date of the show to get their money back. 

10C knows the tickets are being sniped on fan to fan. Look at the secondary sites it's crazy how many are on there now. They used to have a policy of not flipping 10C tickets. I mean you couldn't even ask for a beer plus face on Given 2 Fly if you were selling tickets without getting a scolding and the thread locked. Why the change now?
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 201
    Allegedly Ticketmaster was going to invalidate tickets placed on 3rd party sites (at least outside of NY and IL markets). 

Seems like someone should send them an email to point out all these tickets on other platforms. 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,174
    njhaley1 said:
    Allegedly Ticketmaster was going to invalidate tickets placed on 3rd party sites (at least outside of NY and IL markets). 

Seems like someone should send them an email to point out all these tickets on other platforms. 
    I reached out to TM CIO, She read my message on LinkedIn, hope I get a meaningful reply in the next several hours