Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

124»

Comments

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    I wish Stupid Mop gets played at Fenway.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    edited April 24
    MikeDigs said:
    a5pj said:
    Gonna be an unpopular complaint here, but that's what this thread is for right?
    Not liking the new album, like at all. Fav is Dark matter I guess
    Got to give is the only song that's cohesive, all the others are disjointed, sound is off, etc. 
    Way too much about loss so much that I can't like the music of Wreckage or got to give. 
    Other songs, meh, poor copies of gigaton songs.
    Not enough Mike solo's.
    Too short.
    Vinyl is wayyy to expensive. Don't think I'm even gonna buy it, use my $50 somewhere else. 
    Special should be on an Ed solo album
    Listened to the album like 6 or 7 times, hopefully it grows on me, but there's no way it compares to any of their other albums.

Can't wait for the live shows though.
    Curious about the format that you gave the album multiple spins on.  Can you hear Jeff's bass in the tracks?  Also, the laugh at 3:01 on React, Respond?
    Spotify only, different speakers though, including my nice house setup. And once with headphones
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 232
    a5pj said:
    MikeDigs said:
    a5pj said:
    Got to give is the only song that's cohesive, all the others are disjointed, sound is off, etc. 
    Way too much about loss so much that I can't like the music of Wreckage or got to give. 
    Not enough Mike solo's.
    Too short.
    Vinyl is wayyy to expensive. Don't think I'm even gonna buy it, use my $50 somewhere else. 
    Listened to the album like 6 or 7 times, hopefully it grows on me, but there's no way it compares to any of their other albums.

Curious about the format that you gave the album multiple spins on.  Can you hear Jeff's bass in the tracks?  Also, the laugh at 3:01 on React, Respond?
    Spotify only, different speakers though, including my nice house setup. And once with headphones
    Check the Spotify audio settings, there will be a High Quality option.  That's what I use.  And headphones was by far my best experience.  On React, Respond, you can hear clearly Mike activate his guitar tone at 2:55 and play a couple of intro ghost notes be he goes bonkers.  Need the HQ Spotify setting activated though.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,881
    nicknyr15 said:
    That little segue after Stevie is way too short. Give us that full song. 

Seriously. Pull a Taylor Swift and release a second album's worth of material that didn't make DM.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,256
    Yeah, whens the double album drop?  Every great band needs one at some point!
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:
    a5pj said:
    MikeDigs said:
    a5pj said:
    Not enough Mike solo's.
    Too short.

Check the Spotify audio settings, there will be a High Quality option.  That's what I use.  And headphones was by far my best experience.  On React, Respond, you can hear clearly Mike activate his guitar tone at 2:55 and play a couple of intro ghost notes be he goes bonkers.  Need the HQ Spotify setting activated though.
    I have mine on auto for cellular and wifi. Wifi would be very high I would assume as I have fios, cellular depends I guess. But I set wifi to very high. Will try that for the next listen. Thanks!

• Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    It's not the heavy album I thought we were getting.  A lot of it feels like an extension of Eddie's Earthling album, which doesn't make a great Pearl Jam album, for me.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    I wish Stupid Mop gets played at Fenway.
    I’d like to complain that this isn’t a complaint. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,463
    ddeschler said:
    It's not the heavy album I thought we were getting.  A lot of it feels like an extension of Eddie's Earthling album, which doesn't make a great Pearl Jam album, for me.
    That's interesting as after hearing Earthling I thought Wow Eddie just made a Pearl Jam album. Hope the guys aren't mad at him for not including them. At any rate if the make a PJ record as good as Eddie's Earthling record they have hit a home run. Each song on Earthling has it's own story and unique sound which makes it great. Dark Matter is the same. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,093
    edited April 25
    TJ25487 said:

Each song on Earthling has it's own story and unique sound which makes it great. Dark Matter is the same. 
    I prefer albums soaked in one sound and one overarching creative ideal.

To not have it sound like a compilation.

See: Neil Young - Harvest Moon
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,959
    Multiple threads yet again. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    TJ25487 said:

Each song on Earthling has it's own story and unique sound which makes it great. Dark Matter is the same. 
    I prefer albums soaked in one sound and one overarching creative ideal.

To not have it sound like a compilation.

See: Neil Young - Harvest Moon

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 165
    This is only on page 4?  This is moving pretty slow.  
  • Options
    edited April 25
    GT1015 said:
    This is only on page 4?  This is moving pretty slow.  
    Complaining about the complaint thread, love it!

• Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 232
    There's no hidden track on Dark Matter.
    It's cloudy right now where I live.
    And these complaints are all terrible
  • Options
    10c DM variant being a significantly not as described coloration can get added to the pile. Even a hint of red would have been acceptable but it's basically deep maroon/purple. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,664
    Do the shoelaces that come with your shoes have to be so long? Come on people
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,031
    edited April 25
    I have a complaint about these stupid flat billed snap back hats for kids..... I'm 48 what kind of dick would I look wondering around like a 14 year old . 10c stop selling rubbish hats. Just the normal cap is fine for people our age.  Thank you... Rob 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I have a complaint about these stupid flat billed snap back hats for kids..... I'm 48 what kind of dick would I look wondering around like a 14 year old . 10c stop selling rubbish hats. Just the normal cap is fine for people our age.  Thank you... Rob 
    ditto

keep the curves in ballcaps as god intended
  • Options
    I feel like some standards in labeling need to be set regarding baseball hats. Online purchases are such a crap shoot because you can’t get a good idea of how big the crown is. “Dad hats” are tiny on my fat melon so now I look like Tweedle-dee. Give me a fitted hat that is the same shape as they wear on actual teams. 
  • Options
    edited April 25
    I feel like some standards in labeling need to be set regarding baseball hats. Online purchases are such a crap shoot because you can’t get a good idea of how big the crown is. “Dad hats” are tiny on my fat melon so now I look like Tweedle-dee. Give me a fitted hat that is the same shape as they wear on actual teams. 
    That made me laugh out loud I hear you . Those dad hats are so shallow. Tweedle dee indeed
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I'm pissed they aren't doing a warm up show in Bellingham.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 628
    I on the other hand love “dad hats” because new era style ones make me look like the Great Gazoo, so I also need clear labeling 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    They should have played 10 songs on the Stern Show
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    I on the other hand love “dad hats” because new era style ones make me look like the Great Gazoo, so I also need clear labeling 
    Ultimately, I’m just looking for a hat that makes me look like Tom Selleck circa 1985. 

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    The Porch threads are out of control. Quit just creating threads that have the same topic or content!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    I'd like to complain about the overuse of compression on Matt's drums on the new album :bawling:
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 628
    edited April 25
    kmcmanus said:
    Ultimately, I’m just looking for a hat that makes me look like Tom Selleck circa 1985. 

What you need is a mustache, not a hat then
  • Options
    That's the best tash ever grown
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    kmcmanus said:
    kmcmanus said:

What you need is a mustache, not a hat then
    I’m not sure I could pull off growing something as thick and luxurious.