Options

Matt Pinfield comment about the new Pearl Jam album

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    dwjmu84 said:
    It’s just one guy’s opinion. I’ll add, a guy who is heavily promoting and been a friend/fan of the band for a long time. So, have a grain of salt with your excitement. Of course I hope it’s as good as he claims!
    He would have done that for all their releases then
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,485
    Will this be available for listening again? That’s a bit late for this East Coaster.

Thanks!
    @demetrios
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I think it’s fairly obvious at this point that the drums are going to be like nothing we have heard on a Pearl Jam record and I’m sure it has a lot to do with the never lets up comment. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Will this be available for listening again? That’s a bit late for this East Coaster.

Thanks!
    I'll be listening from the East. He puts it up on YouTube. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 360
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    It’s just one guy’s opinion. I’ll add, a guy who is heavily promoting and been a friend/fan of the band for a long time. So, have a grain of salt with your excitement. Of course I hope it’s as good as he claims!
    That’s a wild assumption on your part. He’s come back in to the fray of music journalism more recently and has already interviewed stone last summer and will be hosting him on his podcast tonight. 

I’m sure he genuinely loves the record. But it’s likely that his increased or renewed connection with them has something to do with that. 

Both can be true and nothing is wrong with that. I’m just pointing out what’s most likely driving his opinion at this point.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,076
    igotid88 said:

Thanks!

Great.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,211
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    prior to LB release, believe a few articles/reviews made the Black to Sirens comparison
    I love "Sirens," but I always take these comparisons with a grain of salt. Every review of every album since Yield has in some way tried to suggest "this is Pearl Jam getting back to its roots."
    I don’t remember anyone saying this about Gigaton, which probably has something to do with why it’s probably my favorite since at least Self Titled, maybe even Binaural. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,178
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    That’s a wild assumption on your part. He’s come back in to the fray of music journalism more recently and has already interviewed stone last summer and will be hosting him on his podcast tonight. 

I’m sure he genuinely loves the record. But it’s likely that his increased or renewed connection with them has something to do with that. 

Both can be true and nothing is wrong with that. I’m just pointing out what’s most likely driving his opinion at this point.
    Does a famous music personality saying he loves a record need to invite this level of cynicism?
  • Options
    edited March 24
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

It's not an assumption because he hasn't. I'm sure he likes their other records. But he hasn't said the things he's been saying recently.  I would say your post is more of an assumption. You're making this assumption because you don't like the 2 tracks released
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,214
    igotid88 said:

Thanks!
    Thanks man!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    igotid88 said:

Thanks!
    Will it be Live on YouTube?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

It's not an assumption because he hasn't. I'm sure he likes their other records. But he hasn't said the things he's been saying recently.  I would say your post is more of an assumption. You're making this assumption because you don't like the 2 tracks released
    I love both DM and Running…

im on the record here and at RM saying as much. 

See….assumptions. 
  • Options
    edited March 24
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

See….assumptions. 
    I could have sworn you were bashing the songs from earlier posts. Maybe it was someone with a similar name. Your name is not seen much. So I just remember negativity with your username 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Thanks!
    No. They don't post it immediately. I'm not sure how long after the interview it's up?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    igotid88 said:
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Thanks!
    No. They don't post it immediately. I'm not sure how long after the interview it's up?
    Thanks for the info.

Maybe I'll be able to listen tonight, but if not, good to know that we'll be able to listen later.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

See….assumptions. 
    I could have sworn you were bashing the songs from earlier posts. Maybe it was someone with a similar name. Your name is not seen much. So I just remember negativity with your username 
    Cool story bro. You’ve ensured that I’ll associate your username with nonsensical posts. 

sounds like you suffer from a bad case of cognitive dissonance. When you read something that’s counter to what you think, you label it as negative.

Btw, all I said was that Pinfield’s association w and affinity for PJ  likely plays a part in his feelings about DM. 

Thats an observation and a statement about inherent human subjectivity. 
  • Options
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

See….assumptions. 
    Cool story bro. You’ve ensured that I’ll associate your username with nonsensical posts. 

sounds like you suffer from a bad case of cognitive dissonance. When you read something that’s counter to what you think, you label it as negative.

Btw, all I said was that Pinfield’s association w and affinity for PJ  likely plays a part in his feelings about DM. 

No
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited March 24
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

See….assumptions. 

No
    The thing is Matt could have just said nothing and that would have been ok.  He chose to make a public statement emphatically supporting the album.  Maybe it’s really good. We will find out for ourselves in a couple of weeks.  

The negativity and cynicism around here really wear me out sometimes.  The band that has made the soundtrack of my life is releasing a new album at like 60 years old and they are excited about it.  I, for one, choose to just enjoy every moment.  
    Post edited by Ten Backspaced Riot Actors on
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,770
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    igotid88 said:
    dwjmu84 said:

See….assumptions. 

No
    The thing is Matt could have just said nothing and that would have been ok.  He chose to make a public statement emphatically supporting the album.  Maybe it’s really good. We will find out for ourselves in a couple of weeks.  

The negativity and cynicism around here really wear me out sometimes.  The band that has made the soundtrack of my life is releasing a new album at like 60 years old and they are excited about it.  I, for one, choose to just enjoy every moment.  
    I’m with you on this. That’s why I don’t come to this board that much anymore. It’s always been so negative when a new song or album releases. The guys create music that they enjoy and decide to share it with us. They never phone it in or just go through the motions. What more can people ask for? I’m just so psyched that they still want to put out new material and play live shows. For that I am grateful and can’t wait to hear Dark Matter on the 16th. It’s all gravy, baby. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,267
    You have to listen with variables taken into consideration

A) 1st 5 albums will never be matched again
    high bar on those
    B) every artist loses your ear after a few records, freshness dissipates some.
    C) bands particularly singers get older like rest of us, 27-45 is prob prime, we all go past it
    D) You the listener aren’t 14-25 anymore, have jobs, responsibilities …. Ain’t like your filtering it thru a young mind full of wonderment 

I kinda have these thoughts running through my head since probably Avocado…. Got roll with the times & be fortunate it’s still in gear

• Options

Aw darn. For some reason I thought it would start at 10pm. My eyes were looking at that more. So I missed it. Got to hear Dark Matter though.

Matt is next week's guest
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The guy asked Stone all of two questions. No new info about DM, and he played some awful, awful music in between.

I’ll take that as vindication. Sure, he loves the album, but given his apparent taste in music that is worrisome. He also missed a major opp to conduct a real interview about Dark Matter.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,485
    dwjmu84 said:
    The guy asked Stone all of two questions. No new info about DM, and he played some awful, awful music in between.

I’ll take that as vindication. Sure, he loves the album, but given his apparent taste in music that is worrisome. He also missed a major opp to conduct a real interview about Dark Matter.
    Thoughts and prayers for you 🙏🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 652
    dwjmu84 said:

So you are looking for “vindication” for not liking an album you haven’t heard yet?
    are you sure you even like this band?
    actually nevermind, you fit right in here.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,178
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:

So you are looking for “vindication” for not liking an album you haven’t heard yet?
    This guy is gonna kidnap and waterboard Pinfield to get the real review
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 652
    pjl44 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    dwjmu84 said:

This guy is gonna kidnap and waterboard Pinfield to get the real review
    And the Pinfield’s getting funneled because HE LEFT THE FUCKIN’ WATER RUNNING
  • Options
    I live rent free in a lot of heads around here. 

Look - I pointed out that people were taking Pinfield’s comments about the record and running at light speed to reach conclusions. There’s nothing wrong with saying “hey this is just one guy’s opinion let’s pump the brakes here”.

Then, he promotes an interview with stone which was barely that. Did you listen? If not, you should refrain from commenting. 

Some of you seem to think “hate an album I haven’t heard”. Huh? I’ve stated in this very message board how much a dig DM and running. Should I copy and paste a screen shot of my play count for these tracks? I think the album has a chance to be very strong, but I’m not going to lean on others’ opinions in trying to make some sort of premature assessment. I’ll make my own in the days and weeks after I’ve heard it all. Until then I remain decidedly neutral on the material I haven’t heard. This is a normal thing to do. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,147
    Pay your rent 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    edited March 27
    Post edited by Sea on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited March 27
    Post edited by Sea on