PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Cant wait to hear it too but not getting carried away with these reactions ....I mean its become the usual cycle: - 

1) Phenomenal record, love it and have it on repeat. The best album since......

two weeks later

2) Its ok, but........

6 months later

3) Rate your albums in order ...........bottom 4 ....gigaton, LB, Backspacer and Dark Matter

Hype is very real

I hope its absolutely amazing but I fell for this with gigaton, I did really enjoy it at first, and there's still a handful of tracks that are great but once the dust settled it quickly fell out of rotation. I do wonder however if thats my own fault for playing it to death for the first month 
    I still have Gigaton on heavy rotation 
    Same. I think what helps me is having a broad range of music that I love just as much as Pearl Jam. When I return to listening to them I find deeper appreciation for their entire works every time. 
    Me too. Some want them to sound a certain way or are either looking for a perfect song.
    And some like every song no matter what... 
    For albums, I am that guy. Except for Foxy Mop. That isn't a song. LOL. If it is a song on an album, then it means something to them as artists, and I want to connect with that. So far so good. 
    There are some songs that I just can't listen to anymore and a lot of them are on LB. 

Let the Records Play
    My Fathers Son
    Sleeping By Myself
    Sirens 
    Future Days

I still enjoy half of the album but the bad are really bad imo. 
    Sirens is really bad?
    Yes. It’s bad but not nearly as bad as Buckle Up. 

Also, I love Vitalogy just the way it is. Foxymop and all. 
    If you guys think Sirens is bad. You must have really high standards.
    Or you know different tastes in music. 

I don't care that you like it. It seems to bother people though when I tell them I do not like it which I find a bit odd. 
    Not liking something and saying really bad are different things.
    I don't like it because I think it is really bad. Better?

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    Enough about Sirens. 

The hype is pretty big coming from Matt with the new album. 

I can't wait to hear it front to back for myself. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

I wish Vitalogy took off the pointless songs, waited six months and added 'I Got Shit' and 'Long Road' on to the album.  That is how I sequence it at least. 
    I agree with the pointless songs. The album would flow so much better if they got rid of Pry To, Stupid Mop, Aye....Whatever. Put them on as b-sides and came up with 1 or 2 decent songs in their place. But I don't like the idea of adding I Got Id or Long Road, I think the NY sessions should be kept separate from a PJ album. 

I think "Pry, To" works really well where it is on Vitalogy. In fact, rather than a snippet of "Interstellar Overdrive" to lead into "Corduroy," I've been saying Pearl Jam should work up a version of "Pry, To" to precede "Corduroy." It wouldn't take a lot of practice.

"Aye Davanita" is interesting, but would be just as interesting if it were half as long.

"Stupid Mop" is fine where it is, and genuinely interesting, but I would have left it unlabeled as a true hidden track.

"Bugs" should never have been on an album. It should have been the third song on a single with a true B-side if it had to see the light of day at all.
    The fact that Bugs should never have been on an album is the whole reason they put it there. The “bad” songs on Vitalogy are actually a great lesson on artistic intent of the album, because that album is absolutely trying to be as challenging as possible.
    I think they could have fully realized their artistic vision for Vitalogy without "Bugs." I don't think any of the other songs are bad, as my post explains. My only quibble with the other three tracks is that one of them is longer than it needs to be. But I dig it.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,141
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

I wish Vitalogy took off the pointless songs, waited six months and added 'I Got Shit' and 'Long Road' on to the album.  That is how I sequence it at least. 
    I agree with the pointless songs. The album would flow so much better if they got rid of Pry To, Stupid Mop, Aye....Whatever. Put them on as b-sides and came up with 1 or 2 decent songs in their place. But I don't like the idea of adding I Got Id or Long Road, I think the NY sessions should be kept separate from a PJ album. 

I think "Pry, To" works really well where it is on Vitalogy. In fact, rather than a snippet of "Interstellar Overdrive" to lead into "Corduroy," I've been saying Pearl Jam should work up a version of "Pry, To" to precede "Corduroy." It wouldn't take a lot of practice.

"Aye Davanita" is interesting, but would be just as interesting if it were half as long.

"Stupid Mop" is fine where it is, and genuinely interesting, but I would have left it unlabeled as a true hidden track.

"Bugs" should never have been on an album. It should have been the third song on a single with a true B-side if it had to see the light of day at all.
    The fact that Bugs should never have been on an album is the whole reason they put it there. The “bad” songs on Vitalogy are actually a great lesson on artistic intent of the album, because that album is absolutely trying to be as challenging as possible.
    I think they could have fully realized their artistic vision for Vitalogy without "Bugs." I don't think any of the other songs are bad, as my post explains. My only quibble with the other three tracks is that one of them is longer than it needs to be. But I dig it.
    I feel like we were robbed of Accordion Songs
    pjl44 said:
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

I feel like we were robbed of Accordion Songs
    Don't give Ed any ideas...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,143
    Hey, it's the bald man here and I'm here to tell you why the new Limp Bizkit album is so important
    That's because CD's like this one spare you from all the Chart-topping, Teeny-Boppin'
    Disposable happy horse shit
    That brings up the bile from the back of my neck
    I have no time or tolerance for all the shitty wack acts like that
    I wouldn't piss on their CD's to put out a fire
    And I'm Tired of all the lame-ass, tame-ass
    Prefabricated, sorry excuses for singers and musicians
    Who don't even write their own songs
    What the world needs now is a musical revolution
    We need some rock, we need something that has balls
    We need something with substance, depth
    Something with soul some edge, some passion, some power
    Shit, if it's gonna be mellow, fuck, man, it better have something, it better mean something
    I'm telling you, if you gotta hit 'em with something hard
    You gotta stick 'me with something limp, Like Limp Bizkit
    I'm so fucking tired of this shit that I'm hearing on the radio, radio sucks
    The same fuckin' songs over, and over again
    All the weak ones, all that disposable crap
    That isn't gonna matter in 3 months, it's just shit, It's crap, Fred
    Fred I'm telling you there's nothing but shit goin' on and we need some new music
    Wha-wha-what, what about Limp Bizkit?
    Limp Bizkit is fuckin' cool, you guys are cool
    The new record's great, but fuck all that other shit, I'm so sick
    Of all that weak shit that's taking up space on the charts (Matt, calm down, dude, wha-what's up?)
    Fuck that shit, Fred, I'm outta' here
    Fuck, dude, Fuckin' Pinfield is pissed
    Oh, man I gotta go find that bald bastard
    Hey, Matt, Matt
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Cant wait to hear it too but not getting carried away with these reactions ....I mean its become the usual cycle: - 

two weeks later

2) Its ok, but........

6 months later

3) Rate your albums in order ...........bottom 4 ....gigaton, LB, Backspacer and Dark Matter

Hype is very real

I hope its absolutely amazing but I fell for this with gigaton, I did really enjoy it at first, and there's still a handful of tracks that are great but once the dust settled it quickly fell out of rotation. I do wonder however if thats my own fault for playing it to death for the first month 
    Same. I think what helps me is having a broad range of music that I love just as much as Pearl Jam. When I return to listening to them I find deeper appreciation for their entire works every time. 
    Me too. Some want them to sound a certain way or are either looking for a perfect song.
    For albums, I am that guy. Except for Foxy Mop. That isn't a song. LOL. If it is a song on an album, then it means something to them as artists, and I want to connect with that. So far so good. 
    There are some songs that I just can't listen to anymore and a lot of them are on LB. 

Let the Records Play
    My Fathers Son
    Sleeping By Myself
    Sirens 
    Future Days

Sirens is really bad?

Im still fond of Sirens, its not a classic by any means but I always enjoy it. Especially when played live, I think it sounded amazing on the 2014 tour. 

If I was to pick one song off LB that was a classic it is Pendulum. That is absolutely top tier stuff from this band. 

I know a lot of fans sneer at Sirens but I tend to enjoy it for what it is. being compared to Black is however never going to end well. 
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    pdalowsky said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pdalowsky said:

two weeks later

2) Its ok, but........

6 months later

Hype is very real

Let the Records Play
    My Fathers Son
    Sleeping By Myself
    Sirens 
    Future Days

Sirens is really bad?

Im still fond of Sirens, its not a classic by any means but I always enjoy it. Especially when played live, I think it sounded amazing on the 2014 tour. 

If I was to pick one song off LB that was a classic it is Pendulum. That is absolutely top tier stuff from this band. 

I know a lot of fans sneer at Sirens but I tend to enjoy it for what it is. being compared to Black is however never going to end well. 
    I must have missed something. Who was comparing Sirens to Black?

Sirens isn't a bad song, but there is no way it compares to Black!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    prior to LB release, believe a few articles/reviews made the Black to Sirens comparison
    CROJAM95 said:
    prior to LB release, believe a few articles/reviews made the Black to Sirens comparison
    I love "Sirens," but I always take these comparisons with a grain of salt. Every review of every album since Yield has in some way tried to suggest "this is Pearl Jam getting back to its roots."
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    BSully said:
    pdalowsky said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pdalowsky said:

two weeks later

2) Its ok, but........

6 months later

Hype is very real

Let the Records Play
    My Fathers Son
    Sleeping By Myself
    Sirens 
    Future Days

Sirens is really bad?

It was fairly common at the time of release. 

And absolutely right, IMO there isnt much out there that does
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

Out of all those, Bugs is my favorite. I still agree it's a B-side quality, but I'm happy with it being on there. It goes with the experimental vibe and is fun in its silliness. 
    I've never liked Stupid Mop, is just too weird for me. Pry To also does nothing for me.
    Aye Davanita, like you said is interesting but too long. I Just want to get to Immortality already! They could have left that as a last song and hidden track, that would have seemed cool.
    The problem I always had is once you got passed Corduroy, there were only 2 decent songs left (BM and Immortality. I've never been a fan of Satan's Bed, but at least its a real song and I wouldn't skip it if it wasn't surrounded by other filler), but you were only halfway done with the album at that part. If you wanted to play the whole thing, there was a ton of filler in the second half. Removing Pry To and Stupid Mop, and putting Aye as a hidden track at the end, you really only need 1 more song for it to feel like a full album to me.
    And it would have flowed a lot better. No need to skip any.
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

Out of all those, Bugs is my favorite. I still agree it's a B-side quality, but I'm happy with it being on there. It goes with the experimental vibe and is fun in its silliness. 
    I've never liked Stupid Mop, is just too weird for me. Pry To also does nothing for me.
    Aye Davanita, like you said is interesting but too long. I Just want to get to Immortality already! They could have left that as a last song and hidden track, that would have seemed cool.
    The problem I always had is once you got passed Corduroy, there were only 2 decent songs left (BM and Immortality. I've never been a fan of Satan's Bed, but at least its a real song and I wouldn't skip it if it wasn't surrounded by other filler), but you were only halfway done with the album at that part. If you wanted to play the whole thing, there was a ton of filler in the second half. Removing Pry To and Stupid Mop, and putting Aye as a hidden track at the end, you really only need 1 more song for it to feel like a full album to me.
    With respect to "Satan's Bed," I think I was spoiled by how robust it sounded when they played it at the Atlanta show that was broadcast on radio stations all across the country. Then the version on the album was produced in a way that made the song sound diminished. Also, and this is a minor point, the song really should have just been titled "Already in Love." It almost makes me wonder if there's a version in the vault with that title that sounds more like Atlanta and "Satan's Bed" was the name they gave to the alternate take that they decided to put on the album.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 647
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

With respect to "Satan's Bed," I think I was spoiled by how robust it sounded when they played it at the Atlanta show that was broadcast on radio stations all across the country. Then the version on the album was produced in a way that made the song sound diminished. Also, and this is a minor point, the song really should have just been titled "Already in Love." It almost makes me wonder if there's a version in the vault with that title that sounds more like Atlanta and "Satan's Bed" was the name they gave to the alternate take that they decided to put on the album.
    It was labeled “Already in Love” on No Fuckin’ Messiah, that’s always stuck with me as well
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    I love "Sirens," but I always take these comparisons with a grain of salt. Every review of every album since Yield has in some way tried to suggest "this is Pearl Jam getting back to its roots."
    I thought Avocado was that record as much as it could be in 2006, think this one will be along those lines
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I hear you on Foxymop.  

It was labeled “Already in Love” on No Fuckin’ Messiah, that’s always stuck with me as well
    And it's labeled "Already in Love" on the cassette of the Atlanta show that I taped off the radio-- which is still the best-sounding Pearl Jam bootleg I've ever heard, thanks to the dynamic range compression that my local radio station was using at the time. I have over 100 Pearl Jam CD bootlegs (including Atlanta), and all the vinyl vaults, and nothing sounds beefier (in a good way) than my Atlanta cassette from the radio.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    You can catch Matt doing interviews on KLOS, Los Angeles station. :)  
    not sure if syndicated show or not
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Lizard said:
    It's on youtube
    I miss igotid88
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    BSully said:
    pdalowsky said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pdalowsky said:

two weeks later

2) Its ok, but........

6 months later

Hype is very real

Let the Records Play
    My Fathers Son
    Sleeping By Myself
    Sirens 
    Future Days

Sirens is really bad?

Brendan O'Brien said it in an interview leading up to the release. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    on2legs said:
    BSully said:
    pdalowsky said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    pdalowsky said:

two weeks later

2) Its ok, but........

6 months later

Hype is very real

Let the Records Play
    My Fathers Son
    Sleeping By Myself
    Sirens 
    Future Days

Sirens is really bad?

Brendan O'Brien said it in an interview leading up to the release. 
    Ok, I def. don't remember that.
    Thanks.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
    Lizard said:
    For those not in L.A., KLOS is a classic-rock station but they've been playing "Dark Matter." My neighbor works for KLOS and I'm tempted to ask him to bring me to work so I can listen to the album, which I'm sure they have an advance copy of.
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    That's not to say there aren't songs I don't like. Aside from the tossed-off experimental songs, which mostly have limited appeal (e.g., "Bugs"), the first one that comes to mind is "Habit"-- although it is groundbreaking as it might be the first and only time anyone has ever used "habit" as a verb.

This hurts me.
    Habit4me said:
    That's not to say there aren't songs I don't like. Aside from the tossed-off experimental songs, which mostly have limited appeal (e.g., "Bugs"), the first one that comes to mind is "Habit"-- although it is groundbreaking as it might be the first and only time anyone has ever used "habit" as a verb.

This hurts me.
    I never thought you'd...
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Play Pry, To backwards. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,154
    Wow! That’s a strong statement. Super psyched!

• Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    So excited for this album. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,802
    Will this be available for listening again? That’s a bit late for this East Coaster.

Thanks!
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    It’s just one guy’s opinion. I’ll add, a guy who is heavily promoting and been a friend/fan of the band for a long time. So, have a grain of salt with your excitement. Of course I hope it’s as good as he claims!