Options

Fan To Fan

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,083
    There's a pair of floor seats for Missoula posted in section 3. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 309
    just listed Sec 8 Row M for LV2. Live now 
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway night 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 670
    edited May 13
    They just dropped a lot of premiums for LV1 & 2.  
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    You know what I am starting to think this whole 10% only for Premium is absolute bullshit lol. :lol:
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265
    YAKIMATSU said:
    There are a ton of F2F as well, and not the super pricey ones either, have those been there all along??
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 670
    PhartN said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    There are a ton of F2F as well, and not the super pricey ones either, have those been there all along??
    Those have been there.  The 2 rows+ in 8 and 27 were added today.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    PJNB said:
    You know what I am starting to think this whole 10% only for Premium is absolute bullshit lol. :lol:
    10% is still like 1500 seats so it is quite a bit of tickets.  I just don’t like the delay on releasing these and am curious what the mechanics are behind it.  Might end up biting them since there are a lot of lower priced tickets and F2F options still.  There are still some $400 premiums for Sac so the prices haven’t exactly come all the way down yet.  Anyone monitor the premium prices for Portland the day of the show?
  • Options
    borisdiscoborisdisco Posts: 120
    Available now. Go get ‘em. 
    the whole world will be different soon
    the whole world will be relieved
  • Options
    borisdiscoborisdisco Posts: 120
    I got it. Thank you. 
    the whole world will be different soon
    the whole world will be relieved
  • Options
    Robdog983Robdog983 Visalia, CA Posts: 141
    bootleg said:
    PJNB said:
    10% is still like 1500 seats so it is quite a bit of tickets.  I just don’t like the delay on releasing these and am curious what the mechanics are behind it.  Might end up biting them since there are a lot of lower priced tickets and F2F options still.  There are still some $400 premiums for Sac so the prices haven’t exactly come all the way down yet.  Anyone monitor the premium prices for Portland the day of the show?
    Yeah I’m curious behind the mechanics of it all as well. If memory serves me correctly, I want to say the premium prices all went down to standard for Portland the day of.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    edited May 13
    bootleg said:

I suspect TM is manipulating the supply of tickets so they can maximize profits from the show. Process looks something like this:
    • Set PJ Premium super high when tix first go on sale. Some suckers will bite, TM makes extra money off those buyers. Can't make the show?? Good luck doing F2F if your seats are PJ Premium Prices
    • If Demand for the show is high, TM will buy back low quality F2F (eg: upper deck) at face value, so those checking for tickets only see PJ Premium available. Some will groan about the price of PJ Premium, but if that's all they see available, they will pay the PJ Premium
    • As you get closer to the show, stuff comes up and many ticketholders have to post to F2F because they cannot attend. Once a good amount of F2F tickets are up, TM releases a good chunk of tickets to compete with F2F. This leads to ticket buyers choosing some of the 'Newly' available tickets, while many F2F going unsold because of the sudden increase in the supply of tickets.

TLDR: Ticketmaster makes more money off a 'first time' ticket buy  (especially PJ Premium) than they would from F2F, so Ticketmaster plays games with the supply to nudge ticket buyers toward PJ Premium or Standard, leaving some F2F sellers SOL

Note:
    • I'm aware that releasing blocks of tickets day of show is a standard practice (eg Family & Friends sections), so this does not apply to that block
    • Twice I've listed crappy seats to F2F and been shocked that those tickets sold, when there are better seats at the same price point available
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    If you are in a large group and going to Seattle N2 there are a bunch of fan to fan seats in the 200s now for standard prices. 

Someone just dumped 40 tickets all at the same time with up to 8 seats being together. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    edited May 13
    PJNB said:
    If you are in a large group and going to Seattle N2 there are a bunch of fan to fan seats in the 200s now for standard prices. 

Someone just dumped 40 tickets all at the same time with up to 8 seats being together. 
    @Hankj25
  • Options
    edited May 13
    poto101 said:
    bootleg said:

I suspect TM is manipulating the supply of tickets so they can maximize profits from the show. Process looks something like this:
    • Set PJ Premium super high when tix first go on sale. Some suckers will bite, TM makes extra money off those buyers. Can't make the show?? Good luck doing F2F if your seats are PJ Premium Prices
    • If Demand for the show is high, TM will buy back low quality F2F (eg: upper deck) at face value, so those checking for tickets only see PJ Premium available. Some will groan about the price of PJ Premium, but if that's all they see available, they will pay the PJ Premium
    • As you get closer to the show, stuff comes up and many ticketholders have to post to F2F because they cannot attend. Once a good amount of F2F tickets are up, TM releases a good chunk of tickets to compete with F2F. This leads to ticket buyers choosing some of the 'Newly' available tickets, while many F2F going unsold because of the sudden increase in the supply of tickets.

TLDR: Ticketmaster makes more money off a 'first time' ticket buy  (especially PJ Premium) than they would from F2F, so Ticketmaster plays games with the supply to nudge ticket buyers toward PJ Premium or Standard, leaving some F2F sellers SOL

Note:
    • I'm aware that releasing blocks of tickets day of show is a standard practice (eg Family & Friends sections), so this does not apply to that block
    • Twice I've listed crappy seats to F2F and been shocked that those tickets sold, when there are better seats at the same price point available
    Agree mostly although I've not seen any evidence that TM "buys back" F2F tickets. Are you saying that TM just takes those tickets off the market altogether or are they relisted at some point? If anyone has an example of F2F tickets that they listed that were then changed to blue-dot tickets, do tell. 

The essential strategy is to create false scarcity to get rid of the less desirable tickets early on and hold back a chunk of good tickets that will definitely sell at the last minute. They'll keep the premium pricing in place, gradually decreasing if they don't sell. At some point today they'll cut their losses and drop unsold premiums to standard pricing. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    pray for mojopray for mojo Posts: 117
    poto101 said:
    bootleg said:

Note:
    Thanks for breaking all this down.  I suspected the same but truly appreciate the time you put into it.
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2, Vegas 24
  • Options
    I got it. Thank you. 
    Great! I was able to move one section closer to 7 Row R.. 
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 797
    I have a friend that spent a crazy amount on floor tickets and can’t attend.  It was a presale.  I don’t think they will sell for what they paid on TM.  What’s the other option? They can’t lower because TM doesn’t have that option.  Thank you for any help on this.  
  • Options
    the other option is to eat the cost. The 3rd option is offer them for sale on FB or another social media site (I believe listing tickets below face value on this forum is against the rules, and whether that premium they paid for those tickets is considered face is not up to me) 
  • Options
    adamg5 said:
    I have a friend that spent a crazy amount on floor tickets and can’t attend.  It was a presale.  I don’t think they will sell for what they paid on TM.  What’s the other option? They can’t lower because TM doesn’t have that option.  Thank you for any help on this.  
    There really is no option aside from getting someone to buy the tickets and with proof of purchase refunding that person some of the money back to whatever was agreed upon. 10C is not a fan of this locking posts that try this method so maybe tell them to try facebook. Even with a discount a lot of these will never move. 
  • Options
    edited May 13
    about to list a single FLR C Row G9(7th row) Seat 1, aisle, closest to FLR B for LV1 
  • Options
    wcstrikerwcstriker Posts: 24
    Gonna list a single for LV2, Floor B Row L at 11am.  
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Just saw a great pair for LV2 in Sec 8 Row B......was a few minutes too late!

Trying to upgrade my 7Q seats to a lower row......yes, I am greedy!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Those "limited view" seats for tonight in 122 and 105 look pretty damn good to me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    JimmyV said:
    Those "limited view" seats for tonight in 122 and 105 look pretty damn good to me. 
    If I was going I’d be grabbing those for sure.  Did those just show up today?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    bootleg said:
    JimmyV said:
    If I was going I’d be grabbing those for sure.  Did those just show up today?
    Was looking at 3rd or 4th row on Mike's side and three together popped up in row 2. I'm on the other side of the country so it does me no good, but hopefully somebody here scores. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RH1500RH1500 Posts: 32
    edited May 13
    Anyone get those Vegas N2 GAs?  I was super quick, but U504 at Place Order.

Edit:  Looks like Bots still working Vegas N2. 9 GA tix listed on TickPick prior to drop and now 11 GA tix listed 10 minutes after drop.  
    Post edited by RH1500 on
  • Options
    RH1500 said:

Edit:  Looks like Bots still working Vegas N2. 9 GA tix listed on TickPick prior to drop and now 11 GA tix listed 10 minutes after drop.  
    I got U504'd yesterday on a LV2 timed GA single drop. Crazy 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    SHZA said:
    RH1500 said:

I got U504'd yesterday on a LV2 timed GA single drop. Crazy 
    was able to get pair each night....other party was like, when you wanna do a drop? Im like Amy Winehouse, NO NO NO

Meet up.....I already lost a timed single GA early on
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    SHZA said:
    Agree mostly although I've not seen any evidence that TM "buys back" F2F tickets. Are you saying that TM just takes those tickets off the market altogether or are they relisted at some point? If anyone has an example of F2F tickets that they listed that were then changed to blue-dot tickets, do tell. 

The essential strategy is to create false scarcity to get rid of the less desirable tickets early on and hold back a chunk of good tickets that will definitely sell at the last minute. They'll keep the premium pricing in place, gradually decreasing if they don't sell. At some point today they'll cut their losses and drop unsold premiums to standard pricing. 

Excellent point, I have not actually searched for the 'bought back' tickets after I sell them but my companion sold a pair for St Paul 1 last year that was in a terrible location and we were both shocked that anyone would buy them given there were other seats available.

This year I accidentally purchased SEA N2 in Sec 204 Row L (TM was glitchy as I tried 15x to purchase a set of F2F Floor seats, somehow TM carted these for me and moving quickly I didn't notice until after I purchased). Terrible seats, and somehow they sold on F2F when there were better seats available for the same price. I'll be on the lookout to see if these become available closer to showtime.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    I think sometimes people buy in sections their friends and family are already in too.

i have not seen in the last 4 years one pair that was 10C price turn into a premium. I do wonder though what happened to all those returns for Indy though.