Options

Fan To Fan

Comments

• Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:
    TM is trying to stop bots by requiring a matching email account that the user is logged into at the time of the show? 

If that’s correct what stops the broker from creating transferable email addresses to accompany the disposable TM account? 

There are much easier ways to prevent bots from buying on F2F by simply identifying disposable TM accounts at time of purchase based on the account history.
    It also requires multifactor/matching face recog to transfer the ticket to apple wallet as well as apple id, which will prohibit the third party sites/resellers from being able to sell all the face value/F2F tickets to people for over face...this is on iOS at least, still waiting for data RE: android.

If there are much easier ways to prohibit bots, and you know how, please DM me so we can start a business and cash in...

Bots for F2F - if brokers are using disposable TM accounts, that should be very easy for TM to identify based on lack of purchase history and record and location of shows attended.

Face ID , wonderful, and if we don’t use pr want to use Face ID?
    Could be a lot of first timers, that would likely block out quite a few real people that legitimately are first time show goers (ive seen quite a few posting here on the boards) 

FaceID OR Pin Code, whatever MFA you have turned on, point is MFA to ensure the ticket buyer is the ticket user...again, TBD on the actual details yet..

The bottom line is that there is a problem with "bots" and resellers, if this helps to combat those folks, then its ultimately a good thing...

We could all come up with a ton of reasons why it sucks, for sure, but alas here we are..

Lets use the 10C hive mind to our advantage and make the system work for us the best we can, whatever it is...

Sorry, I did a short cut of that idea, requiring a purchase history with a matching location to buy tickets, would be only for F2F for the first 72 hours after a ticket is posted.

Regarding the verified sale tickets, that’s a little tricker because yes, they need to allow first time buyers…perhaps TM could reject an intitial appplication for verification if there is zero purchase history, but allow first time buyers a second registration and only allow personal accounts and cc’s with GPS verification. This should eliminate many corporate accounts. Ironically, the verified sale may be the trickiest to stop brokers.

If we can only get tickets one of three ways…fan club, F2F and verified sale, stopping bots in two of those categories could be a big win for fans.
    To Stop BOTs and resellers, TM could create a verified account program. The account would need to be verified with phone, email and credit card/bank account. Each account would need each  to be unique to be verified. Then only verified accounts can buy F2F tickets for 4 hours once posted. There for burner accounts would not have access.  you could also lock 10C tickets on fan to fan so that only 10c could buy tickets that were bought from 10c... giving fans the first chance. 
  • Options
    Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 306
    oh good, I almost sent out an actual email. phew. ISO LV GA Single, travelling alone, if anyone thinks they may have an extra. Thanks! 
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway night 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 738
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:
    TM is trying to stop bots by requiring a matching email account that the user is logged into at the time of the show? 

If that’s correct what stops the broker from creating transferable email addresses to accompany the disposable TM account? 

There are much easier ways to prevent bots from buying on F2F by simply identifying disposable TM accounts at time of purchase based on the account history.
    It also requires multifactor/matching face recog to transfer the ticket to apple wallet as well as apple id, which will prohibit the third party sites/resellers from being able to sell all the face value/F2F tickets to people for over face...this is on iOS at least, still waiting for data RE: android.

If there are much easier ways to prohibit bots, and you know how, please DM me so we can start a business and cash in...

Bots for F2F - if brokers are using disposable TM accounts, that should be very easy for TM to identify based on lack of purchase history and record and location of shows attended.

Could be a lot of first timers, that would likely block out quite a few real people that legitimately are first time show goers (ive seen quite a few posting here on the boards) 

FaceID OR Pin Code, whatever MFA you have turned on, point is MFA to ensure the ticket buyer is the ticket user...again, TBD on the actual details yet..

The bottom line is that there is a problem with "bots" and resellers, if this helps to combat those folks, then its ultimately a good thing...

We could all come up with a ton of reasons why it sucks, for sure, but alas here we are..

Lets use the 10C hive mind to our advantage and make the system work for us the best we can, whatever it is...

Sorry, I did a short cut of that idea, requiring a purchase history with a matching location to buy tickets, would be only for F2F for the first 72 hours after a ticket is posted.

Regarding the verified sale tickets, that’s a little tricker because yes, they need to allow first time buyers…perhaps TM could reject an intitial appplication for verification if there is zero purchase history, but allow first time buyers a second registration and only allow personal accounts and cc’s with GPS verification. This should eliminate many corporate accounts. Ironically, the verified sale may be the trickiest to stop brokers.

If we can only get tickets one of three ways…fan club, F2F and verified sale, stopping bots in two of those categories could be a big win for fans.
    To Stop BOTs and resellers, TM could create a verified account program. The account would need to be verified with phone, email and credit card/bank account. Each account would need each  to be unique to be verified. Then only verified accounts can buy F2F tickets for 4 hours once posted. There for burner accounts would not have access.  you could also lock 10C tickets on fan to fan so that only 10c could buy tickets that were bought from 10c... giving fans the first chance. 
    It would be a pain. But yeah multiple points of verification would help even more. ID, mobile ticket, cc, and paper ticket with your name on it? Might take an hour to get into the building! 

Glass half empty. You can always walk in with the ticket owner scalper. There is no way to ever fix that. 
  • Options
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:

It would be a pain. But yeah multiple points of verification would help even more. ID, mobile ticket, cc, and paper ticket with your name on it? Might take an hour to get into the building! 

Glass half empty. You can always walk in with the ticket owner scalper. There is no way to ever fix that. 
    More of pain than all the great seats ending up on stub hub ? 
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 130
    I'm about to post a single on the floor for LA1 - Sec 1, Row 10
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,701
    Does anyone know if you put the settings on 2 tickets for a show that no pairs are available and toggle between list and map if tickets will show up when a pair is dropped? Or do you have to refresh by changing the amount of tickets you're searching for? Hopefully someone understands this question.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,453
    Dug out an old android. Is this what typically has shown up? Not sure if this would prevent splitting a pair across two Google accounts or if it would permanently link this TM account to this Google account as opposed to just for this ticket 

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,080
    4 lower level seats on the aisle for Seattle 1 up.....
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,234
    Just grabbed Sec C Row 4 on the center aisle for LA2. If anyone here dropped, thanks!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:

That's too complicated. I don't think TM will put in the effort for that.  Having to sync their databased to 10c's database and what not.    They barely put in an effort in the first place.  It's just the regular reselling platform locked to a specific price (which is why it's buggy as hell).

I do like the first part.   Try and prevent duplicate accounts.  Right now you can use a credit card with different ownership on anyone's account and what not.  If they put in an effort, they could probably find a way to cut down or disallow duplicate accounts.   I don't think they will, because for most of the sales they want to be selling tickets, not restricting the sale of them :(
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    SHZA said:
    Dug out an old android. Is this what typically has shown up? Not sure if this would prevent splitting a pair across two Google accounts or if it would permanently link this TM account to this Google account as opposed to just for this ticket 

Yup, that's the way it's been for a while.  You click add pass and it adds it to the google wallet on the device.  I've used this to put clients on my wife's TM account on my google wallet, and on Saturday I put tickets I had on my friends phone using it.  I was still able to download my Monday tickets onto my own phone, after having put tickets on my friends phone on Saturday.

Not sure if anroid changed over the past few days, but this has been a pretty exploitable loophole for a while.
  • Options
    PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 265
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:

This 100%...

Clearly, this is a very difficult issue for a plethora of reasons, some of which certainly includes TM's own practices/relationships with 3rd parties....for this particular tour, it seems like "they" are trying to stop the bots with this...it sucks that its hard for "us", but i would rather it be difficult for us and nearly impossible for bots than sort of hard for us and a free for all for the bots....
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
  • Options
    PhartN said:
    mikesbri said:
    -"North American tickets are non-transferable* and non-refundable. Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to help fans get their tickets at face value. On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser." 10C ticket policy not sure if always been like this but seems maybe they are enforcing now. 

So now we need an android or mobile phone. We need an Apple ID tied to a TM account with Face ID. What’s next, we bring a lawyer with us to a show? “I bought tickets on vivid therefore I am a ticket purchaser, let me in.” I realize that’s wrong but there are simpler ways to limit bots ability to buy F2F and verified tickets,without creating a tech nightmare 1 hour before showtime for fans.

found this for you... https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301792/official-complainers-thread#latest

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome!

I probably skirted a couple, but i also tried to follow a few...respectfully :)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,390
    Just Picked up Sect 27 Row U VEGAS N2

• Options
    HollywoodbwaHollywoodbwa Posts: 57
    So are there going to be a flood of tickets come to the market when scalpers realize bot tickets can't be transferred?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,099
    So are there going to be a flood of tickets come to the market when scalpers realize bot tickets can't be transferred?
    Let's hope so.

• Options
    Wouldn't bet on it 
  • Options
    edited May 8
    Was talking to @JE224127 on this point earlier...

Wrinkle is, they have to have a bank account to sell back to TM....this will be very interesting on how it plays out...
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Let's hope so.

I wonder if TM is communicating with third party sites to advise their customers that their tickets may not be useable.. Stub hub and Tickpick could be on the hook with their guarantees, which could create a melt down. What is most likely is that they will start to ween off these tickets so that TM will not be impacted with a sudden influx of tickets. Which for upcoming shows could make current available inventory unsellable. But for some reason shows in the fall seem to have been more often resold to fans.. Also would be interesting to see of people who bought tickets with burner accounts can setup the bank accounts and SS numbers needed to resell on F2F. My guess is that cant and those tickets could just go unsold. 
  • Options
    PhartN said:

Wrinkle is, they have to have a bank account to sell back to TM....this will be very interesting on how it plays out...
    Why is that a problem? Ticket brokers have bank accounts 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    edited May 8
    GlowGirl said:
    Let's hope so.

I wonder if TM is communicating with third party sites to advise their customers that their tickets may not be useable.. Stub hub and Tickpick could be on the hook with their guarantees, which could create a melt down. What is most likely is that they will start to ween off these tickets so that TM will not be impacted with a sudden influx of tickets. Which for upcoming shows could make current available inventory unsellable. But for some reason shows in the fall seem to have been more often resold to fans.. Also would be interesting to see of people who bought tickets with burner accounts can setup the bank accounts and SS numbers needed to resell on F2F. My guess is that cant and those tickets could just go unsold. 
    I am not following what the issue would be. I could use my one bank account on hundreds of TM accounts if thats what I had setup and was selling them back on fan to fan. 
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835
    edited May 9
    Since an awesome TC member just hooked me up with GA for Portland, I now have a pair in sec 111 row H seats 5 &6 to pay it forward with. Let me know if you're interested and we can work it out.

Sold.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    PhartN said:

Why is that a problem? Ticket brokers have bank accounts 
    lol.....if they are using bank accounts vs cards?  not sure how they are operating, but was a potential wrinkle for selling back to TM was the thought at least..to your point though, surely they thought about this in the event their tickets dont sell as they would have to dump eventually....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    Zod said:
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:

That's too complicated. I don't think TM will put in the effort for that.  Having to sync their databased to 10c's database and what not.    They barely put in an effort in the first place.  It's just the regular reselling platform locked to a specific price (which is why it's buggy as hell).

I do like the first part.   Try and prevent duplicate accounts.  Right now you can use a credit card with different ownership on anyone's account and what not.  If they put in an effort, they could probably find a way to cut down or disallow duplicate accounts.   I don't think they will, because for most of the sales they want to be selling tickets, not restricting the sale of them :(

How about F2F ticket purchases first day of posting requires a code only provided to ten c members? That code could be traceable to member account so if they end up resold on a broker sites the membership here is at risk.
  • Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 930
    They are transferring them.  All those tickets being sold on Stubhub or SeatGeek, etc are being transferred and everyone buying are feeding the scalpers who are using software to do wallet transfers.  
    Gorge
  • Options
    PhartN said:
    PhartN said:

More of pain than all the great seats ending up on stub hub ? 
    im fine with it. but im not the person you need to sell the idea on. it all adds to the infrastructure in the end, and someone or something has to manage that. That costs in the end. 
  • Options
    PhartN said:

Thats easy to get around. I created a wise account to sell my Vancouver tix. Really quick and easy to do. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,630
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:

Yup, that's the way it's been for a while.  You click add pass and it adds it to the google wallet on the device.  I've used this to put clients on my wife's TM account on my google wallet, and on Saturday I put tickets I had on my friends phone using it.  I was still able to download my Monday tickets onto my own phone, after having put tickets on my friends phone on Saturday.

Not sure if anroid changed over the past few days, but this has been a pretty exploitable loophole for a while.
    And with respect it’s being discussed so openly that it’s just a matter of time before the band instructs Ticketmaster to shut down this as well.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,630
    They are transferring them.  All those tickets being sold on Stubhub or SeatGeek, etc are being transferred and everyone buying are feeding the scalpers who are using software to do wallet transfers.  
    See what happens come Portland.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    HollywoodbwaHollywoodbwa Posts: 57
    Not sure you are up to speed. The band and ticketmaster just changed some policies sounds like.