Fan To Fan

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,041
    edited July 28
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    I'm about to list 2 fan-club-priced tickets for Philadelphia N2 - GA Pit. Good luck grabbing them!
    Jesus, did you drop them already? 
    They came and went around 1am.  I hadn’t seen the note here.  Saw them on TM but couldn’t cart.
    Just another one for the bots. Infuriating no one is setting up time drops anymore and just giving them away to the brokers. Singles seem to be the way to go
    People buy tickets to shows they *might* go to, while people who can definitely go get shut out and have to refresh for months.  Or worse they buy tickets to popular shows just to try and trade. I doubt many people care if the bots get their extras.
    Probably fair to consider life can happen between a purchase in February and a show in September.   
    Concerts are fun but not the most important thing for most people.
    Had to offload Indy reschedule and MSG due to this.
    Family or the way I feed my family (work) comes first.
    Happy to still be able to go to Phls and Balt.  (Although I fly the morning after PHL2 and fly back the night before Balt, for work.  Gonna be a crazy week)

If I could go back, I would arrange a timed Indy drop, forgot to do that although I did post here.
    MSG sending to a friend.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    I'm about to list 2 fan-club-priced tickets for Philadelphia N2 - GA Pit. Good luck grabbing them!
    They came and went around 1am.  I hadn’t seen the note here.  Saw them on TM but couldn’t cart.
    Just another one for the bots. Infuriating no one is setting up time drops anymore and just giving them away to the brokers. Singles seem to be the way to go
    People buy tickets to shows they *might* go to, while people who can definitely go get shut out and have to refresh for months.  Or worse they buy tickets to popular shows just to try and trade. I doubt many people care if the bots get their extras.
    How can you definitely go to a show purchased in Feb but held in September?
    Honest question. 
    Family/work come before concerts. Lots of things can come up over such a long period of time.

Agree on the buy to trade, that is unfortunate if people do that.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,106
    edited July 28
    That’s not what’s happening here imo. The person with Philly 2 GAs has posted here twice with 3 visits since 2003. I genuinely think he can’t make it and thought was doing us a favor by giving us a very short heads up. Others are posting they have conflicts, but aren’t taking the time to coordinate a timed drop in their DMs. The trade thing does have some merit with people just trying to get MSG tickets for leverage. I’ll admit I’m trying to trade a Baltimore ticket but the friend had every intention of going until a couple weeks ago.

The way I’ve gone about it is there are 3 of us in my group with memberships. We choose what shows we are going to, and all put in for it. Someone is going to get shut out, someone wins, and the third will win or lose.  If I decide to add a show I’ve always relied on these boards, or F2F since 2022. I’ve always gotten into a show I desired to go to, but this fall leg has been the toughest I’ve experienced so far.
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,438
    JK128988 said:
    💯 Singles are definitely the way to go. So far this year, I’ve had good success scoring single GAs and good seats, but not as much in the way of pairs. So as a PSA to everyone out there, if you’re planning on doing a timed drop of a pair, the best strategy is to drop one ticket at a time and then wait a certain interval of time (an hour, a day, etc.) before dropping the second ticket. 
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    steven87 said:
    JK128988 said:
    💯 Singles are definitely the way to go. So far this year, I’ve had good success scoring single GAs and good seats, but not as much in the way of pairs. So as a PSA to everyone out there, if you’re planning on doing a timed drop of a pair, the best strategy is to drop one ticket at a time and then wait a certain interval of time (an hour, a day, etc.) before dropping the second ticket. 
    This.
    Also.  To ensure a higher rate of success on drops try odd times in the middle of the night.  It has been worth it for me to wake up at 3am for example and do a drop then.  20 minutes sleep lost to get a ticket is worth it.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    That’s not what’s happening here imo. The person with Philly 2 GAs has posted here twice with 3 visits since 2003. I genuinely think he can’t make it and thought was doing us a favor by giving us a very short heads up. Others are posting they have conflicts, but aren’t taking the time to coordinate a timed drop in their DMs. The trade thing does have some merit with people just trying to get MSG tickets for leverage. I’ll admit I’m trying to trade a Baltimore ticket but the friend had every intention of going until a couple weeks ago.

The way I’ve gone about it is there are 3 of us in my group with memberships. We choose what shows we are going to, and all put in for it. Someone is going to get shut out, someone wins, and the third will win or lose.  If I decide to add a show I’ve always relied on these boards, or F2F since 2022. I’ve always gotten into a show I desired to go to, but this fall leg has been the toughest I’ve experienced so far.
    That makes sense on pooling.  My wife and I both went in for the shows we wanted.  We double hit on a PHL and a Balt.  Easy to share with friends for those shows since we will be there and can scan them in.

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,872
    Just adding that if someone has a good ticket to any show or any ticket to a popular show it sells instantly and there’s no point even posting that they’re listing it unless it is to set up a timed drop.  And there’s no point posting that a ticket will be listed at a certain time because the scalpers are reading this forum too.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Just adding that if someone has a good ticket to any show or any ticket to a popular show it sells instantly and there’s no point even posting that they’re listing it unless it is to set up a timed drop.  And there’s no point posting that a ticket will be listed at a certain time because the scalpers are reading this forum too.  
    I disagree. Plenty of people have scored when people give a heads up that they're about to list something. If it's already been listed, that's less helpful lol 
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,664
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    Family/work come before concerts. Lots of things can come up over such a long period of time.
    I've just never found it that hard to look at my schedule and plan accordingly, without work/family taking a backseat.  I can think of only one show (4/26/03) in my life I have missed because of emergency work travel.  Given how many concerts/events I have seen in my life, that is essentially a perfect record.  Even the one show I missed, when I landed at my destination, I had a voicemail telling me to wait until the next day to travel.  If I had simply taken a later flight...
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited July 28
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    I've just never found it that hard to look at my schedule and plan accordingly, without work/family taking a backseat.  I can think of only one show (4/26/03) in my life I have missed because of emergency work travel.  Given how many concerts/events I have seen in my life, that is essentially a perfect record.  Even the one show I missed, when I landed at my destination, I had a voicemail telling me to wait until the next day to travel.  If I had simply taken a later flight...
    It's great if your schedule is that predictable but it certainly isn't the case for many people. Unforesen illness can also strike at any time. As we've seen repeatedly, not even the band can say they will "definitely" make it to the shows. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • BrewerDaveBrewerDave Posts: 94
    The people giving a heads up on here and Facebook are doing it minutes before they list so it’s basically worthless unless you’re constantly checking here.
  • MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 151
    SHZA said:
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    It's great if your schedule is that predictable but it certainly isn't the case for many people. Unforesen illness can also strike at any time. As we've seen repeatedly, not even the band can say they will "definitely" make it to the shows. 
    Completely agree with this.  I think the issue is more related to the current system where they got rid of priority for shows.  A lot of individuals got completely shut out whereas others got multiple shows.  I think you saw people just put in for numerous shows knowing they could dump them or trade for the shows they really wanted to go to.  I personally don't fault anyone for working within the system to get the tickets they want.  I just know there were many who looked at their schedule and knew they could only go to one or two shows, put in for those shows, and lost out maybe because there were others who put in for numerous shows knowing they could dump or trade.  I personally would like to see the priority system come back but in the way it was a few years ago (not last year's shit show). 
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    That's cool if that works for you.  With the position I have, everything can be subject to client meetings in different parts of the country.   I would never bail on my employees and the growth of my company to keep a rock concert.  
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    That's cool if that works for you.  With the position I have, everything can be subject to client meetings in different parts of the country.   I would never bail on my employees and the growth of my company to keep a rock concert.  
    Funny thing is, while I generally know the time of year I am traveling, the exact dates are very unpredictable.  When the phone rings, I MUST get on a plane and go.  But it's just never been that hard to look at the schedule and make a decision on whether or not I should buy tickets.
    SHZA said:
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    My schedule actually isn't that predictable, even I have missed a show.  One out of hundreds live events... it happens.  There are exceptions to every rule, and they aren't worth talking about. Surely everyone realizes that people can get sick, or have a work emergency.  But in an arena full of rabid PJ fans... what percent can that truly account for?  It has to be almost zero compared to people who simply put in for tickets and want to decide later if they can go... because the system sucks, and it makes it all too easy to sell your tickets and break even.  People were much less likely to sit and hit F5 for a show they weren't even sure they were going to go to.
    SHZA said:
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    My schedule actually isn't that predictable, even I have missed a show.  One out of hundreds live events... it happens.  There are exceptions to every rule, and they aren't worth talking about. Surely everyone realizes that people can get sick, or have a work emergency.  But in an arena full of rabid PJ fans... what percent can that truly account for?  It has to be almost zero compared to people who simply put in for tickets and want to decide later if they can go... because the system sucks, and it makes it all too easy to sell your tickets and break even.  People were much less likely to sit and hit F5 for a show they weren't even sure they were going to go to.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    MG79478 said:
    SHZA said:
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    This argument is played out often but there is always a flip side: someone who didn’t enter for the lottery initially for any number of reasons and decides to attend closer to the concert date has the ability to do so. The F2F system doesn’t suck but I also recall prior to F2F how you railed hard against the lottery system when you’d lose out but someone else won tickets to your desired show alongside others. It’s a me vs we mentality. This is a community that looks out for each of their own and we, for the most part, are able to help each other in some way shape or form get into shows. It’s not a perfect system but, again, it doesn’t suck.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    MG79478 said:
    SHZA said:
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    This argument is played out often but there is always a flip side: someone who didn’t enter for the lottery initially for any number of reasons and decides to attend closer to the concert date has the ability to do so. The F2F system doesn’t suck but I also recall prior to F2F how you railed hard against the lottery system when you’d lose out but someone else won tickets to your desired show alongside others. It’s a me vs we mentality. This is a community that looks out for each of their own and we, for the most part, are able to help each other in some way shape or form get into shows. It’s not a perfect system but, again, it doesn’t suck.
    I can't imagine a situation where I decided to not go to a show, and then decided to later go.  Life is too busy for that.

The F2F system does suck, so do lotteries.  You talk about the community looking out for each other, but you don't seem to realize that this discussion you've stuck your nose in started because people were NOT looking out for each other when posting F2F tickets.
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,982
    Super grateful for @TH113769! Got tickets to MSG1! See you all at the show! Thank you, Tyler!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

yosi said:
    Super grateful for @TH113769! Got tickets to MSG1! See you all at the show! Thank you, Tyler!
    Awesome! 🔥 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 469
    Damnit, just missed more MSG
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
    Face value tickets on F2F right now for Baltimore. 

yosi said:
    Were they lowers?
    yosi said:
    Were they lowers?
    No, they were upper, toward the back of the section. But still, in the building for face. 

Was just curious what I missed 😆 

Still searching for Indy and Philly
  • bbdowell1627bbdowell1627 Posts: 171
    2 GA Wrigley Saturday- Up / but didn’t let me cart at 8:50pm - seeing that coming up keeps my hopes up 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    MG79478 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    MG79478 said:
    SHZA said:
    MG79478 said:
    MG79478 said:
    JK128988 said:
    Honest question. 
    I can't imagine a situation where I decided to not go to a show, and then decided to later go.  Life is too busy for that.

The F2F system does suck, so do lotteries.  You talk about the community looking out for each other, but you don't seem to realize that this discussion you've stuck your nose in started because people were NOT looking out for each other when posting F2F tickets.
    I hadn’t considered the Missoula show when the lottery ran but decided on it recently. I have been fortunate to see several shows already this year and will be fortunate to see several others but the opportunity to see Missoula recently presented itself. If you can’t imagine a situation where that can occur I can’t help you. The community here absolutely takes care of each other - I was ISO of Missoula and thanks to this forum I no longer am. You also fail to realize whatever your qualm about not receiving a personalized warning about F2F drops (which seems to be your gripe at the moment) is nothing short of entitlement and laziness and selfishness. You’re bubbling as you did back in the pre-F2F days when you went all out because a loss at the lottery meant you were deprived. So like I said earlier it’s a me vs we mentality.

Stop complaining. Make an effort. This forum represents a small portion of members who actively engage. Keep your eyes open and your venting to a bare minimum and you’d be surprised. There are plenty of fans who actually don’t know how F2F works but aim to do their best helping others out. I caught a message from someone on the Facebook mentioning Missoula tickets she could no longer use but she was afraid of getting scammed on F2F. Now, I’m not here to debate her thought process re: F2F scam but I will tell you I reached out to her, confirmed she actually has Missoula GAs, and spent quite a bit of time walking her through the process of listing. When she finally got around to it and listed the first single I errored out on a timed drop so when the second single was ready to be listed I advised someone to have a try as well and he was successful while I errored out again. I thanked the woman and then walked her through the process of ensuring she’d be paid out by Ticketmaster. The entire time she was profusely apologizing because I didn’t secure either ticket - I don’t think she accepted I was at peace with the attempt and more so pleased a friend secured one rather than a bot. I assured her it will all work out in the end. And it did for me.

You get out what you put in. You’re contributing nothing but negativity and expecting nothing but positive results personally in the lottery and F2F. 

Good luck with that.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    edited July 29
    I decided to go to St. Paul 1 last year two weeks before the show because I found out I was off work that day. Got a great single 8 rows up Mike’s side dropped to me by someone here and there were F2F tickets galore.

Austin 2 was booked as I flew home from Fort Worth. Went back to work for 3 days, and then flew to Austin. Another amazing single dropped by a member, row 2 behind the pit

This year, I decided to go to Indy a couple weeks ago because I have off Mondays from my job. Haven’t secured a ticket yet but have every intention of going.

I had maybe done a show spontaneously once or twice before F2F
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
  • yosi said:
    Happy it happened for you! You’ve been working hard! See you there! 
    yosi said:
    Happy it happened for you! You’ve been working hard! See you there! 
    Thanks! Huge sigh of relief over here. See you there!