Fan To Fan

Comments

• jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 149
    Just snagged a pair for Fenway 1, G24 Row 10. 
    Just scored a pair for Fenway 1! G24, Row 10. 
    Was able to score 2 for Fenway 1! G24, Row 10.
  • sonofjeansonofjean Posts: 69

Just noticed the below language on the TM site.  Thought I’d share in case others are not aware of the Exchange shutting down 10 days prior.

To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and restricted from transfer. If you purchase a ticket and can't attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Face Value Ticket Exchange. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange. 
    Face Value Exchange will close 10 days prior to event. Tickets can not be sold or purchased on the Face Value exchange after that time.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    sonofjean said:

Just noticed the below language on the TM site.  Thought I’d share in case others are not aware of the Exchange shutting down 10 days prior.

To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and restricted from transfer. If you purchase a ticket and can't attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Face Value Ticket Exchange. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange. 
    Face Value Exchange will close 10 days prior to event. Tickets can not be sold or purchased on the Face Value exchange after that time.
    Which show? 
    Looks like it’s specific to the Fenway shows.
  • JseeteenakJseeteenak Posts: 122
    Has tm done this before?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,872
    Has tm done this before?
    Not to my knowledge, although in some cases (eg Toronto 22) they shut it down the day of the show without notice.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 407
    Just got a pair for Wrigley N2 after getting a pair for N1 last week. Going to be a great week with Indy and both Wrigley shows. Taking two friends who haven’t seen them before.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639
    sonofjean said:

Where do you see that? On the app when I go to Fenway I just see the regular message and when I click the link for more info I get this:

Is there a deadline to list my tickets for sale on the Face Value Exchange?

Tickets may be listed up until one hour after the event start time. However, the sooner you can list your tickets on the Exchange the better opportunity for them to be purchased by another fan. Once it’s been an hour since the event started, any tickets that have not sold will be placed back into your account and will be available for you to use.

I’m in the website, not the app.  On the page with the map and ticket listings there’s a note at the top for Important Event Info.  I clicked on ‘more’ and it brought me to the language noted.
    sonofjean said:
    I’m in the website, not the app.  On the page with the map and ticket listings there’s a note at the top for Important Event Info.  I clicked on ‘more’ and it brought me to the language noted.
    I found it on the app as well if you click the little i button. I wonder why they are doing that for Fenway. A lot of people find out they can’t go much closer to the show. Thanks for letting us know. 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    GlowGirl said:
    sonofjean said:
    I found it on the app as well if you click the little i button. I wonder why they are doing that for Fenway. A lot of people find out they can’t go much closer to the show. Thanks for letting us know. 
    It would be very sad if TM does this, as the last 10 days is the only time fans have a real shot at face value tickets.  Im sure in TMs review of selling trends there is an uptick in sales the last 10 days and maybe that is a lot of resellers dumping back tickets that they cant sell for profit. TM blindly thinks that they can discourage scalpers from buying tickets if they end up eating them, they are wrong.. Only another move to hurt fans and their ability to get into a show at Face value...last, all of these actions are ways TM is grooming consumers into higher ticket prices and premium options.  
    GlowGirl said:
    sonofjean said:
    It would be very sad if TM does this, as the last 10 days is the only time fans have a real shot at face value tickets.  Im sure in TMs review of selling trends there is an uptick in sales the last 10 days and maybe that is a lot of resellers dumping back tickets that they cant sell for profit. TM blindly thinks that they can discourage scalpers from buying tickets if they end up eating them, they are wrong.. Only another move to hurt fans and their ability to get into a show at Face value...last, all of these actions are ways TM is grooming consumers into higher ticket prices and premium options.  
    Right now it is just for Fenway but I can see TM testing it out and maybe doing this for all future shows. They are just that evil. Fenway tickets will be in the MLB app and not the TM app so maybe people would be more willing to share their MLB login than they would their TM login if it came down to that. 
    GlowGirl said:
    sonofjean said:
    Very true.  I had Billy Joel MSG plans for 5 months and the day before the show I had to cancel and sell.  It wasn’t what I wanted to do but it would have been horrible to have to eat the ticket.  (I know, NyC would be transferable anyway, but that’s not the point.). 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,041
    Question - has anyone successful transferred tickets through TM from US to Canada?
    Tried for MSG and my friend in Canada said TM wouldn't let him access even though he was notified there was a transfer to him.

(Juat to head them off, no, sorry, I won't give them to anyone else.  Lol.  If needed I will just give him my login and he can access that way since I can't go to the shows.)

Thanks in advance!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Question - has anyone successful transferred tickets through TM from US to Canada?
    Tried for MSG and my friend in Canada said TM wouldn't let him access even though he was notified there was a transfer to him.

(Juat to head them off, no, sorry, I won't give them to anyone else.  Lol.  If needed I will just give him my login and he can access that way since I can't go to the shows.)

Thanks in advance!

I’m in Canada and have successfully received plenty of transfers on TM for US events.  

edited July 28

Thanks in advance!

I’m in Canada and have successfully received plenty of transfers on TM for US events.  
    Thanks.  Maybe it was user error on his part, lol. 
    Good to know, will share!
  • blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 232
    Is it due to the tickets not being available until early September? Just a thought. 
  • BrewerDaveBrewerDave Posts: 94
    edited July 28

Thanks in advance!

Maybe need to login to the US version of Ticketmaster, there’s a flag on top right corner of the app.

Post edited by BrewerDave on

Thanks in advance!

Maybe need to login to the US version of Ticketmaster, there’s a flag on top right corner of the app.

Thanks, will suggest

blairs1 said:
    Is it due to the tickets not being available until early September? Just a thought. 
    They say they are available for transfer, though.
    Could be

• JK128988JK128988 Posts: 2
    I'm about to list 2 fan-club-priced tickets for Philadelphia N2 - GA Pit. Good luck grabbing them!
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,106
    JK128988 said:
    I'm about to list 2 fan-club-priced tickets for Philadelphia N2 - GA Pit. Good luck grabbing them!
    Jesus, did you drop them already? 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    JK128988 said:
    They came and went around 1am.  I hadn’t seen the note here.  Saw them on TM but couldn’t cart.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    sonofjean said:
    Right now it is just for Fenway but I can see TM testing it out and maybe doing this for all future shows. They are just that evil. Fenway tickets will be in the MLB app and not the TM app so maybe people would be more willing to share their MLB login than they would their TM login if it came down to that. 

We keep saying it’s TM but I’ve only faced complex ticket buying rules with one artist. 
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    sonofjean said:

We keep saying it’s TM but I’ve only faced complex ticket buying rules with one artist. 
    There is some truth in that. 
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,664
    Remember a time when that if you hit F5 at a predetermined time for an hour or two, you would be nearly guaranteed tickets?  People complained, so now we get to refresh all summer long trying to get a crappy single ticket just to get in the building.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,106
    JK128988 said:
    They came and went around 1am.  I hadn’t seen the note here.  Saw them on TM but couldn’t cart.
    Just another one for the bots. Infuriating no one is setting up time drops anymore and just giving them away to the brokers. Singles seem to be the way to go
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,664
    JK128988 said:
    Just another one for the bots. Infuriating no one is setting up time drops anymore and just giving them away to the brokers. Singles seem to be the way to go
    People buy tickets to shows they *might* go to, while people who can definitely go get shut out and have to refresh for months.  Or worse they buy tickets to popular shows just to try and trade. I doubt many people care if the bots get their extras.