Options

Lost my seniority?

Comments

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 836
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t remember, did 10c specifically say seniority matters with seating this tour? Or did we just assume that was the case because it’s been that was for 30 years?
    Yes they did.  Drawing of tickets was random but once drawn, seats assigned based on seniority.  
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,269
    steven87 said:
    Adding mine for comparison (461XXX):

Vancouver N2- Floor Row 20
    MSG N2- Section 209, Row 3
    Philly N1- Section 4, Row 4
    Philly N2- Section 5, Row 5
    Baltimore- Section 119, Row H
    Thank you for responding Steve. Yeah so Philly night one I am section 4 row 10, Philly 2 I’m section 6 row 10. And my number is 106XXX. So you have better seats to me!
    Wow! How is that possible? That makes no sense. I wish 10c would just go back to handling the lottery themselves. Ever since they handed over the reigns to TM it’s been a disaster. TM just can’t seem to get it right. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,269
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t remember, did 10c specifically say seniority matters with seating this tour? Or did we just assume that was the case because it’s been that was for 30 years?
    Yes they confirmed in the 10c sale announcement that reserved seats would be assigned by seniority within each price level (P1 or P2). I really hope 10c addresses this for all of you who were affected by it and makes it right. 
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,196
    edited March 9
    There is more than enough to go on in this thread alone for a re-allocation of 10C seats.

Edit: and no response from 10C on my email either.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779

I have a fairly low number as well, not as low as the OP. 

I’m not defending the 10club and their system of assigning seniority.  I do know it’s worked in the past and I can verify that by experience.  Before I go into that, better seats may be subjective.

A higher member number may have a closer row than a lower number in the same (P1, P2, etc) but are the higher numbers off to the far left/right of the stage in that row?  Does the lower number member have seats further rows back, but center stage? 

Which would you prefer?  It’s subjective.

Being closer to the stage is not always preferable to the best experience.

As far as the 10club system of assigning seniority.  My best PJ buddy and I have very, very close numbers (coincidence as we did not know each other when we joined the club.)  We have both won fanclub tickets to the same shows and we were directly across from each other, the same row, but different sides of the stage. 

It’s a logistical nightmare and I’m sure the 10club does the best they can. 

I’m sorry if some feel cheated, and I get it.  I really do.  However, I don’t think your seats will be reassigned.   Tenclub is not going to respond to even the most polite of inquiries regarding seniority seat assignments.  Assignments have been made.  It’s a done deal.  I hope your anger over this issue does not affect your enjoyment of the shows. 

Maybe this tidbit will help . . .

I got shut out in the lottery, didn’t win a chance for any 10club tickets. 

But my best PJ buddy did and she chose me as her +1 for Philly shows.  We met through this board over 22 years ago.  We live on opposite sides of the country, but this band and the connection made possible by this band, is beyond even the music.  I can’t count the number of shows we’ve attended together, in numerous cities and states and even the magnificent country of Canada. 

Screw where we are in the building, we’ll be together enjoying the music that brought us together.  And that’s a beautiful thing.  

• Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 676

I’m not defending the 10club and their system of assigning seniority.  I do know it’s worked in the past and I can verify that by experience.  Before I go into that, better seats may be subjective.

A higher member number may have a closer row than a lower number in the same (P1, P2, etc) but are the higher numbers off to the far left/right of the stage in that row?  Does the lower number member have seats further rows back, but center stage? 

As far as the 10club system of assigning seniority.  My best PJ buddy and I have very, very close numbers (coincidence as we did not know each other when we joined the club.)  We have both won fanclub tickets to the same shows and we were directly across from each other, the same row, but different sides of the stage. 

I’m sorry if some feel cheated, and I get it.  I really do.  However, I don’t think your seats will be reassigned.   Tenclub is not going to respond to even the most polite of inquiries regarding seniority seat assignments.  Assignments have been made.  It’s a done deal.  I hope your anger over this issue does not affect your enjoyment of the shows. 

But my best PJ buddy did and she chose me as her +1 for Philly shows.  We met through this board over 22 years ago.  We live on opposite sides of the country, but this band and the connection made possible by this band, is beyond even the music.  I can’t count the number of shows we’ve attended together, in numerous cities and states and even the magnificent country of Canada. 

Screw where we are in the building, we’ll be together enjoying the music that brought us together.  And that’s a beautiful thing.  

Stop making excuses for the Ten Club.

These members tickets are not anywhere near where they should be and it's not just an issue of personal opinion as to what are the best seats in the venue. It is a complete fuck up within the seniority system. They are getting screwed and there is no two ways about it. They have dutifully maintained their memberships for all these years and deserve to be rewarded with the seats that reflect this time and effort. It's disgusting that the Ten Club can not even be bothered to respond to their emails, that is complete bullshit. They are running a business and need to be responding to their customers issues no matter how minor they think it is. So instead of saying oh well thats how it goes maybe find a way to help out some fellow members who are getting the short end of the stick.
    What if this glitch affects them for future lotteries, is that fair? This situation needs to be rectified now. And as far as screw where we are in the building just enjoy the show that is a load of crap. 

4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,254
    PJINFLA said:

Stop making excuses for the Ten Club.

These members tickets are not anywhere near where they should be and it's not just an issue of personal opinion as to what are the best seats in the venue. It is a complete fuck up within the seniority system. They are getting screwed and there is no two ways about it. They have dutifully maintained their memberships for all these years and deserve to be rewarded with the seats that reflect this time and effort. It's disgusting that the Ten Club can not even be bothered to respond to their emails, that is complete bullshit. They are running a business and need to be responding to their customers issues no matter how minor they think it is. So instead of saying oh well thats how it goes maybe find a way to help out some fellow members who are getting the short end of the stick.
    What if this glitch affects them for future lotteries, is that fair? This situation needs to be rectified now. And as far as screw where we are in the building just enjoy the show that is a load of crap. 

I agree and especially that the absolute minimum to be expected is a reply.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    It would be nice and actually professional customer service to at least respond to my emails.  Or anyone’s emails.   

I mean, I’ve been a fan since 1992 and a member of 10c for 21 years.   Like many of us, I’ve seen the band many times (over 45) in over 17 countries and two continents  -  and that’s on me as a customer.  It’s the greatest joy outside my family and friends. 
      I don’t expect much or think I should be thanked  but initially I expected my seats in Manchester to be closer than members who joined 10c  11 years after me.   Or at least somewhere close to where I’ve been sat before - even one block or so back.   But all the way back by 4 blocks???

I understand it’s subjective and difficult for a band that’s huge.  

But really.   No reply to my two emails at all.  Sent one week apart.  
      Is that how it is now?   
    If the company I worked for treated our customers like that I’d be ashamed.   
    Even tell me to do one and I have great seats and be grateful for what I got.  
      But just ignoring me?
    This is as bad as when Paul McGuiness stopped managing U2.  Live Nation took them on and that was that.  It’s all rather sad.  

But as I’ve said, I love this band, I’m excited to see them 6 times in the summer.  But a reply would be nice at least.    As fans we have to buy our tickets blind, can hardly re-sell easily and now the band sell their best seats for an increase of 40% on an already high ticket price.   Wow betide you if you do that though…. 

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,881

I totally get that some of this is subjective, especially in places like Fenway, which has a whole host of other factors. However, OP is on the other side of the soundboard from me in Baltimore. He's a 100xxx I'm a 500xxx. Even if he's in the front row of that section, it makes no sense. Unless they filled one side of the floor first, then the other, but even then... For an arena show, I would expect at the very least it would just be distance from stage (granted, this might not take into account viewing angle) so you'd see a sort of fan pattern, like an amphitheatre.

All of that said, searching for something else on this forum, I came across posts from 2008 about people with low numbers being assigned "worse" seats than higher numbers (and not part of the "front row" lottery they do for some shows). So... It's not like this is a new issue.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    mpedone said:

I totally get that some of this is subjective, especially in places like Fenway, which has a whole host of other factors. However, OP is on the other side of the soundboard from me in Baltimore. He's a 100xxx I'm a 500xxx. Even if he's in the front row of that section, it makes no sense. Unless they filled one side of the floor first, then the other, but even then... For an arena show, I would expect at the very least it would just be distance from stage (granted, this might not take into account viewing angle) so you'd see a sort of fan pattern, like an amphitheatre.

All of that said, searching for something else on this forum, I came across posts from 2008 about people with low numbers being assigned "worse" seats than higher numbers (and not part of the "front row" lottery they do for some shows). So... It's not like this is a new issue.
    They messed up the row order in State College 03, at least in my section.  It ended up working out in my favor as I had first row on the side which was actually right on the floor.  There were people with lower numbers who were 10-15 rows back in the same section.  But that’s a one off situation.  Those types of things might happen.  OPs concern (and some others) is that there is a big discrepancy in his location for two separate shows which might indicate there is some kind of glitch tied specifically to his member number.  Like he’s being assigned seats like his number is 500xxx and not 100xxx.  Even if there’s nothing that can be done about it this time, if there is something weird like that happening you would want to get that fixed for any future shows.
  • Options
    FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 916
    Bootleg..exactly. Thanks for the response.. This is all I’d like to sort out. Just wondering what happened. Someone mentioned above about me being mad. They obviously didn’t read this thread as they would know that’s not the case. Just wondering what happened that’s all. Had someone post with a number close to mine. Those are the seats I usually get. There has to be a member # issue although in my profile it says 106077 which is correct. Just want to make sure I’m ok! 
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,371
    They screwed up the ticketing in Seattle in 2009. In those days, you didn't find out where your seats were until the day of the show, so there was no immediate recourse available. I contacted the Ten Club after the fact and complained, and they compensated me in a way that effectively refunded the cost of my ticket.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    BF25394 said:
    They screwed up the ticketing in Seattle in 2009. In those days, you didn't find out where your seats were until the day of the show, so there was no immediate recourse available. I contacted the Ten Club after the fact and complained, and they compensated me in a way that effectively refunded the cost of my ticket.
    I’ve heard several people say something similar. And all were very general and non specific.
    So what was it? Were you not supposed to disclose or something?
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,881
    bootleg said:
    mpedone said:

They messed up the row order in State College 03, at least in my section.  It ended up working out in my favor as I had first row on the side which was actually right on the floor.  There were people with lower numbers who were 10-15 rows back in the same section.  But that’s a one off situation.  Those types of things might happen.  OPs concern (and some others) is that there is a big discrepancy in his location for two separate shows which might indicate there is some kind of glitch tied specifically to his member number.  Like he’s being assigned seats like his number is 500xxx and not 100xxx.  Even if there’s nothing that can be done about it this time, if there is something weird like that happening you would want to get that fixed for any future shows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dismiss this as not an issue, just pointing out that it's not the first time it's happened, and that those affected probably shouldn't hold their breath for any sort of resolution.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,196
    mpedone said:
    bootleg said:
    mpedone said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dismiss this as not an issue, just pointing out that it's not the first time it's happened, and that those affected probably shouldn't hold their breath for any sort of resolution.
    But it just happened last year in St Paul (maybe elsewhere too) and they did reallocate the seats after our seats were assigned. So it is known to happen and can be corrected.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I’ve heard several people say something similar. And all were very general and non specific.
    No, I've been specific in other threads. I was just being succinct for once. They gave me a free year's renewal plus two CD bootlegs of my choice. Since I was going to renew anyway, and since I always buy the CDs of shows I attend, it worked out to about the same amount as the cost of the ticket.

And I actually was able to sell my misallotted tickets and then join up with someone else who had an extra and an even better member number than mine to watch the show from a better seat than I would have had if they had done the allocation right. So it worked out great for me all around, other than the scramble I had to do when the person from the board who was supposed to be my plus-one bailed on me when he heard where the seats were and then to sell the extra pair once I had found someone to make me his plus-one.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:
    No, I've been specific in other threads. I was just being succinct for once. They gave me a free year's renewal plus two CD bootlegs of my choice. Since I was going to renew anyway, and since I always buy the CDs of shows I attend, it worked out to about the same amount as the cost of the ticket.

And I actually was able to sell my misallotted tickets and then join up with someone else who had an extra and an even better member number than mine to watch the show from a better seat than I would have had if they had done the allocation right. So it worked out great for me all around, other than the scramble I had to do when the person from the board who was supposed to be my plus-one bailed on me when he heard where the seats were and then to sell the extra pair once I had found someone to make me his plus-one.
    Interesting BF. Thanks for posting. I’m still hoping for some kind of acknowledgement. Although I was told they got hundreds of emails, (not all about seniority) some about credit cards etc… and they were taking care of those first. We’ll see.
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    edited March 12
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:

Interesting BF. Thanks for posting. I’m still hoping for some kind of acknowledgement. Although I was told they got hundreds of emails, (not all about seniority) some about credit cards etc… and they were taking care of those first. We’ll see.
    You're welcome. Another funny thing I remembered after posting this was that the misallocated seats I was given were in Row 1 of Section 101, which was actually the farthest section from the stage on the side of the arena. By comparison, the next night, my same member number put me in the fourth row of the section closest to the stage. Anyway, when I went to try to sell my seats, the guy I sold them to was very excited because he thought that Row 1 of Section 101 was the front row, as in right in front of the stage. I kept trying to explain to him that it wasn't but he would not listen to me. I could have probably gotten him to pay a premium if I weren't conscientious and just looking to recoup what I paid.

(By the way, I looked at my ticket stubs when writing this and realized that I misremembered part of the original story. The seats I ended up sitting in the first night were better than the ones that had been misallocated, but not better than the ones I "should" have had based on my member number, at least I'm assuming so based on where they put me the second night.)

As for the guy from the board who bailed on me (technically, he ghosted me once I texted him with the seat location), I'll just say that I'm glad they got rid of the requirement to buy tickets in pairs.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    bootleg said:
    mpedone said:

in 2003 they were still using the "block system" where your 10C number got you into a certain block of tickets and they were handed out by when you arrived at the box office to pick up. So that situation you encountered at Penn State may not necessarily have been a mistake, but just you got your tix earlier in the day than folks with lower member numbers who were in your same block. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    bootleg said:
    mpedone said:

in 2003 they were still using the "block system" where your 10C number got you into a certain block of tickets and they were handed out by when you arrived at the box office to pick up. So that situation you encountered at Penn State may not necessarily have been a mistake, but just you got your tix earlier in the day than folks with lower member numbers who were in your same block. 
    That’s right Poncier I forgot they did that back in 2003. I remember finding out after we got to the Nassau Coliseum. Could’ve got there a lot earlier too!

• Options
    Just a quick update. I got a response tonight. Said they were contacting TM to see what happened. Definitely appreciate 10c emailing back. And definitely appreciate all the great people on here!

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,254
    Just a quick update. I got a response tonight. Said they were contacting TM to see what happened. Definitely appreciate 10c emailing back. And definitely appreciate all the great people on here!
    Oh shit! That could mean reallocations ahead.  They redid it twice last year.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    edited March 15
    mace1229 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I don't recall but I've never shared how they made up for it either.  I can't remember if they asked me to or not.  I think they did.. so I shall nothing :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,822
    Poncier said:
    bootleg said:
    mpedone said:

They did this in 2000 too. Not sure if for every show but I went to all 3 Jones Beach shows and my seats were directly tied to when I arrived. 

• Options
    I doubt they'll do a full scale reallocation.
    The issues this year seem to be a much smaller number. There are definitely some people who got allocated wrong, but it's not widespread like last year where the whole thing was clearly f'ed up by TM. Seems vast majority of folks are where they belong, so they'll hopefully take care of Fastrichie and some others, but doubt we see a compete reallocation.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    bootleg said:
    mpedone said:

They did this in 2000 too. Not sure if for every show but I went to all 3 Jones Beach shows and my seats were directly tied to when I arrived. 

Yeah, block system was in use in 2000 and 2003. They still mailed them out in 98 if I recall and in 2006 (might have been 2005, I didn't venture to Canada) they started having them already in an envelope waiting for pick up based on your seniority.
    I do believe there was one (or maybe a few times) where someone at the box office handed the blocks out backwards, starting from the bottom of the pile and folks who got there early ended up in the back of their block instead of the front. Can't recall which show(s) but do recall word of that happening at least once. So, no system has ever been foolproof.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I doubt they'll do a full scale reallocation.
    The issues this year seem to be a much smaller number. There are definitely some people who got allocated wrong, but it's not widespread like last year where the whole thing was clearly f'ed up by TM. Seems vast majority of folks are where they belong, so they'll hopefully take care of Fastrichie and some others, but doubt we see a compete reallocation.
    Agreed Poncier…looking at the responses I got on here and on FB pages, the tickets seemed to be spot on with the people’s membership #’s. Definitely a few isolated incidents. Glad they responsed!

• Options
    I got an email today, just with a full list of Q and A’s.  
    No reference to the fact that members from 2010 , 2008 and 2014 have seats in front side block while I have seats in the last block on the side.   Joined in 2003.   
    In Manchester there’s no seats on the fooor so it’s purely about how far back I am.   
  • Options
    No reference to the fact that members from 2010 , 2008 and 2014 have seats in front side block while I have seats in the last block on the side.   Joined in 2003.   
    In Manchester there’s no seats on the fooor so it’s purely about how far back I am.   
    PT… yes I got a few of those too. Generic. Last one I got was an actual reply.

• Options
    PT… yes I got a few of those too. Generic. Last one I got was an actual reply.
    Thanks for letting know F.    Did you send another email or just wait?   I don’t want to get annoying with the guys.   10c has always been amazing on stuff like this but the generic email seems like any other business approach which is a bit of a shame.