Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,275
    steven87 said:
    Just scored a great upgrade for Vancouver N2 on F2F. So I’m posting a floor row 20 pair if anyone is still looking for tickets. 
    Good luck in the sale. Unfortunately N2 appears to have plenty of tickets still available and the floor doesn’t seems to be popular among the general audience. Too bad TM didn’t allow to set your own price. 😒
    Surprisingly they sold in 15 minutes. Glad I put them up now. I could’ve easily gotten stuck with them had I waited until closer to the show. 
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 381
    edited April 6
    Dark Matter listening party registration is open for locals. April 14. 1 per person. Capacity is only 50 people. 
    https://redcat.ca/products/copy-of-pearl-jam-vs
    Post edited by ekwipt on
  • Options
    woolymanwoolyman Posts: 53
    How is the view, or how close would row 2 be on the floor… just behind the pit?  Can you see well - even if short?  Lol.  Ive only even been in GA or on the wings. Thanks!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,319
    steven87 said:
    Just scored a great upgrade for Vancouver N2 on F2F. So I’m posting a floor row 20 pair if anyone is still looking for tickets. 

What seats did you score?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    steven87 said:

What seats did you score?
    Section 117, row 10. Nice upgrade over my not so great floor pair (which surprisingly sold very quickly). Hoping to eventually upgrade my way to GA! Speaking of which, if anyone on here would like to trade a GA for my Section 117, I would be happy to oblige! 
  • Options
    I got section 116 last night @ $208ea.

Sold 10club tix FLR row 15 in an hour on F2F.

Night 1 117
    Night 2 116

LFG!
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • Options
    juliefer said:
    Zod said:
    No, but we were contemplating the violent femmes at the commodore between shows, but I'll most likely go do a hike in the northshore mountains somewhere :)

Also.. does anyone remember Vancouver '98.   My first show were they played a song after YL.   Eddie's like.. com'on, one more, and they did a blistering version of Baba O' Riley. so good :)
    That was my first show ever! Life changing!
    Did either of you buy the poster from that show? Love that one!
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    juliefer said:
    Zod said:
    No, but we were contemplating the violent femmes at the commodore between shows, but I'll most likely go do a hike in the northshore mountains somewhere :)

Also.. does anyone remember Vancouver '98.   My first show were they played a song after YL.   Eddie's like.. com'on, one more, and they did a blistering version of Baba O' Riley. so good :)
    That was my first show ever! Life changing!
    Did either of you buy the poster from that show? Love that one!

I bought it later on.  I remember being at the show.  Posters weren't as big in '98 as they are now.   I had bought one at the Missoula show.   We dipped into Montana because we weren't sure if we would make it back to BC on our cross canada road trip.    When I was looking at the Vancouver poster I thought it was a little small (in comparison) and opted not to buy one.

Then years later a 10c'er was selling one in the forum, so I nabbed it.  So glad I did.  Those '98 posers go for quite a bit these days :(
  • Options
    Awesome! Glad you got one! I love the sideways orientation on that poster. I was a broke student in those days so I couldn’t attend the ‘98 or 2000 tours.
  • Options
    How the heck can they say the two Vancouver shows are "sold out"? That's not even close to being true.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    How the heck can they say the two Vancouver shows are "sold out"? That's not even close to being true.
    They’re completely sold out- except for the numerous rows of premiums sitting around in the back of the lower bowl. 🤣🎟️
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    They’re completely sold out- except for the numerous rows of premiums sitting around in the back of the lower bowl. 🤣🎟️
    Makes you wonder how many upper bowl seats for N2 haven’t even been released yet. 
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 295
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:
    Makes you wonder how many upper bowl seats for N2 haven’t even been released yet. 
    Judging by the locations of the F2F resales, I’ll bet you that the majority of the upper bowl is actually full, which is actually an additional indignity that this system brings on, particularly given that the tickets were all the same price. 
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

When they went on sale, it looks like the upper bowl mostly/all got put on sale.  I think this is another thing TM does now.  Why sell your good tickets, and be stuck with your shitty tickets.   Block off the good ones, so it looks like there's only shitty ones left, sell them first, then work on selling the better ones.
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 639
    RyGuy said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:
    Judging by the locations of the F2F resales, I’ll bet you that the majority of the upper bowl is actually full, which is actually an additional indignity that this system brings on, particularly given that the tickets were all the same price. 
    Zod said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

When they went on sale, it looks like the upper bowl mostly/all got put on sale.  I think this is another thing TM does now.  Why sell your good tickets, and be stuck with your shitty tickets.   Block off the good ones, so it looks like there's only shitty ones left, sell them first, then work on selling the better ones.
    Many valid points are addressed in the above posts. Ride the early concert announcement enthusiasm, then dump a whole bunch of crappy tickets on the somewhat gullible masses. Now it wouldn’t be so bad if it were a 3 or 4 tier pricing system. I’m so glad I only put in for May 4 and landed a pair in Section 106 with my 403xxx membership and figured 2 shows in Vancouver there should be plenty of tickets around. I have no interest at all in those seated floor tickets.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,857
    Zod said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

BINGO!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    DJ253147 said:
    RyGuy said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

Many valid points are addressed in the above posts. Ride the early concert announcement enthusiasm, then dump a whole bunch of crappy tickets on the somewhat gullible masses. Now it wouldn’t be so bad if it were a 3 or 4 tier pricing system. I’m so glad I only put in for May 4 and landed a pair in Section 106 with my 403xxx membership and figured 2 shows in Vancouver there should be plenty of tickets around. I have no interest at all in those seated floor tickets.

It’s crazy that there’s not a single non-resale ticket available for N2 upper bowl. Gullible masses indeed if they really did all sell. 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    DJ253147 said:
    RyGuy said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

It’s crazy that there’s not a single non-resale ticket available for N2 upper bowl. Gullible masses indeed if they really did all sell. 
    I’m not sure “gullible” is fair in this case. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that all tickets would be made available at the same time - that was the way tickets were always sold (at least until recently), and they seem to still be sold this way for non-Verified Fan (remember that?) events.

Remember the messaging during the VF signup - “we expect demand to be much higher than supply,” and then a whole bunch of people on this board didn’t even get a code to participate. So if you DID - and/or if you didn’t and the sale finally opened up for you, you jumped at the best tickets available. Heck, the most important thing is “being in the building” right?

This isn’t about being easily fooled, it’s about being manipulated by a company in exactly the manner it intended. It’s dirty pool. And, whether we like it or not, Pearl Jam are (at minimum) complicit.
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    I’ll add that for most TM events there is an option to upgrade tickets from what you have to other equivalent or more expensive seats. It costs $10 per ticket. It’s not widely advertised but I have done it before, including for Springsteen in November.

However, I will bet you that this option is not available for people with 10C tickets because the presale was handled by Tickets Today, a different company (which of course is owned by Ticketmaster but why make things easier for people?).

Has anyone who is trying to sell their seats tried this method?
  • Options
    RyGuy said:
    ekwipt said:
    DJ253147 said:
    RyGuy said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:
    Zod said:
    ekwipt said:
    steven87 said:

I’m not sure “gullible” is fair in this case. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that all tickets would be made available at the same time - that was the way tickets were always sold (at least until recently), and they seem to still be sold this way for non-Verified Fan (remember that?) events.

Remember the messaging during the VF signup - “we expect demand to be much higher than supply,” and then a whole bunch of people on this board didn’t even get a code to participate. So if you DID - and/or if you didn’t and the sale finally opened up for you, you jumped at the best tickets available. Heck, the most important thing is “being in the building” right?

This isn’t about being easily fooled, it’s about being manipulated by a company in exactly the manner it intended. It’s dirty pool. And, whether we like it or not, Pearl Jam are (at minimum) complicit.
    The most important thing is not “being in the building” for me. I wouldn’t even pay $200 for nosebleeds to watch God speak 😂 
  • Options
    mpuentempuente Posts: 23
    Anyone hear or see anything yet on PJ gatherings in Vancouver. It is always great to meet locals and those traveling to see a show. Also, this will be our 1st show in Vancouver. Does anyone have anything to share on merch location for PJ shows at Rogers Arena?
    PJ
    Spokane, WA: 11-30-13
    Seattle, WA: 8-8-18
    Seattle, WA: 8-10-18
    Montana, MT: 8-13-18
    Oakland, CA: 5-12-22
    Oakland, CA: 5-13-22
    *Las Vegas, NV: 5-20-22
    Vancouver, BC: 5-4-24
    Vancouver, BC: 5-6-24
    Portland, OR: 5-10-24
    Seattle, WA: 5-28-24

EV
    Florence, Italy: 6-24-17
    Seattle, WA: 2-21-22
    Seattle, WA: 2-22-22
    Seattle, WA: 10-23-23

TOTD
    Seattle, WA: 11-21-16
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    mpuente said:
    Anyone hear or see anything yet on PJ gatherings in Vancouver. It is always great to meet locals and those traveling to see a show. Also, this will be our 1st show in Vancouver. Does anyone have anything to share on merch location for PJ shows at Rogers Arena?
    If you're on facebook there's an event post for a Wishlist fundraister at The Pint: https://www.facebook.com/events/1081914863035397/
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    dropping pairs for both nights 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    andrew68 said:
    dropping pairs for both nights 
    Where are they located? :)
  • Options
    AD19404AD19404 Posts: 1
    edited April 10
    *update SOLD*

Just listed 1 of my 10C tickets for May 6th -Floor row 1 on Ticketmaster.
    Post edited by AD19404 on
  • Options
    AD19404 said:
    *update SOLD*

damn, those would of been right by mine... could of bought them for friends :)
  • Options
    AD19404 said:
    *update SOLD*

Saw this seat drop earlier and carted it and thought about it for a second, but ultimately decided against it cause I already have a great seat (10th row right on the edge of 117/118) that will probably give me a better sight line because I’m not very tall. But I could see being first row on the floor being a really cool spot. 
  • Options
    I'm still looking for a single for May 4th to improve my 2nd to last row on the floor. Not holding out much hope at this point competing against the bots.

2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    I'm still looking for a single for May 4th to improve my 2nd to last row on the floor. Not holding out much hope at this point competing against the bots.

I would put that ticket up for sale immediately on F2F for the best shot at a sale. Otherwise you’ll be fine picking up a much better closer to the show. That would be my personal approach.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

I would put that ticket up for sale immediately on F2F for the best shot at a sale. Otherwise you’ll be fine picking up a much better closer to the show. That would be my personal approach.
    Was going to say the same thing. 

Closer to the date you’ll see a flood of f2f tickets available so making your available now is key to a quick sale.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."