Comments

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,274
    ekwipt said:
    ekwipt said:
    Scoured various threads a bit for Van GA stats and came up with this:

-Only 3 members have posted GA wins for N1
    -6 members have posted GA wins for N2
    -2 members have mentioned having N2 GA for trade but never posted about winning them

As I’ve said I’m well aware that many don’t post here but this seems so odd. 
    Who the hell is in the pit? 😂 

A few others and I were screaming this from the rooftops as the announcements rolled in. Then we were met with the "everything is perfect and you're just a sore loser" crowd.
    Yup. I think there were different large scale anomalies in both the US & Cdn lottery results.
    Canada seemed to avoid the all or nothing win results but our GA situation seems off. 
    Anecdotally, I did see on Facebook that a number of people reported that they scored GA for one of the Vancouver nights (who presumably don't post on this board).  But even still, the surprisingly low number of board members who appear to have scored GA for at least one of the nights in the lottery seems off. 
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited April 4
    TM has a tendency to fill the upper and back bowl first prior any of the “best seats”, so could it be that they are holding onto GA until sometime? 

You would think TM would
    put them up for premium prices if they had inventory.
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    TM has a tendency to fill the upper and back bowl first prior any of the “best seats”, so could it be that they are holding onto GA until sometime? 

You would think TM would
    put them up for premium prices if they had inventory.
    I'm assuming based on past practice, that TM doesn't have any pit inventory and they all went to 10c.  But maybe since we're talking about TM here, I shouldn't assume anything.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    edited April 4
    The vast majority don’t post here or on the Facebook. A friend won a pair of GA for Vancouver 2 that I’ll be using - he didn’t announce it.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 379
    edited April 4
    100 Pacer said:
    The vast majority don’t post here or on the Facebook. A friend won a pair of GA for Vancouver 2 that I’ll be using - he didn’t announce it.
    Yes you were on my list as mentioned having an N2 single possibly for trade 😆 
    Post edited by ekwipt on
  • Options
    Imagine trying to sell floor seats for $980 when there are PJ Prem seats four rows closer to the stage at $830. Yikes!
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Trade lined up. Will advise if there’s a change.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    ekwipt said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Trade lined up. Will advise if there’s a change.
    Just meant you were accounted for when I was tallying GAs 😆 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited April 4
    Still ISO a GA or wing pair (118, 119, 104, 105) for Vancouver 1.  Have all the following to trade/sell in exchange.  Not selling at this time, so please don't PM me asking to buy.

Van1 - Floor, Row 1 (two pairs)
    Van2 - GA pair

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 780
    This will be my first time crossing the border. I made a really dumb mistake 20 years ago when I was 19 and got a dui in United States. It was really stupid I know, but definitely a learning lesson. I know Canada can be very strict on this. Will I have any issue crossing the border since this was over 10 years ago?
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 195
    This will be my first time crossing the border. I made a really dumb mistake 20 years ago when I was 19 and got a dui in United States. It was really stupid I know, but definitely a learning lesson. I know Canada can be very strict on this. Will I have any issue crossing the border since this was over 10 years ago?

You really don't know until you try, but the general rule of thumb seems to be "In cases where an American was convicted of a single impaired driving offense, he or she may be "deemed rehabilitated" ten years after satisfying all sentencing and may be permitted to enter the country"

• Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

-2 members have mentioned having N2 GA for trade but never posted about winning them

Nice sleuthing. Hmm, something doesn't smell right on TM's part (which isn't the least bit surprising)
    The other interesting thing I’ve picked up on is it seems non-GA floor seats were treated as “best seats” when it came to giving out fanclub lottery wins; while now that TM is trying to sell the N2 inventory they held back, side stage lower bowl are being treated as “best seats” ahead of non-GA floor 🤨 
    Based on seat and fanclub number comparisons in the Vancouver PJ fans group I'm in on facebook, the side stage, lower bowl seats were considered the better seats. I think we've heard of so few people getting those though because, like the floor seats, they are alternating the rows between fanclub and premium tickets so that half (or less?) of the best seats are available to 10C tickets.
  • Options
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

Nice sleuthing. Hmm, something doesn't smell right on TM's part (which isn't the least bit surprising)
    The other interesting thing I’ve picked up on is it seems non-GA floor seats were treated as “best seats” when it came to giving out fanclub lottery wins; while now that TM is trying to sell the N2 inventory they held back, side stage lower bowl are being treated as “best seats” ahead of non-GA floor 🤨 
    Based on seat and fanclub number comparisons in the Vancouver PJ fans group I'm in on facebook, the side stage, lower bowl seats were considered the better seats. I think we've heard of so few people getting those though because, like the floor seats, they are alternating the rows between fanclub and premium tickets so that half (or less?) of the best seats are available to 10C tickets.
    131,XXX landed me front row behind GA for the 1st show and Sec 118 Row 18 for the 2nd show. Quite a bit of variance I would say.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,318
    100 Pacer said:
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

131,XXX landed me front row behind GA for the 1st show and Sec 118 Row 18 for the 2nd show. Quite a bit of variance I would say.
    Interesting. For Night 1 I'm row 4 behind the pit, and night 2 row 1 behind the pit.   I guess they deemed section 118 to be better than the floor seats.   Not sure I would argue with that as you can see above the crowd if your in the wings.   I think the first few rows behind the pit are ok, but further back then that, not so good.
  • Options
    edited April 5
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

Interesting. For Night 1 I'm row 4 behind the pit, and night 2 row 1 behind the pit.   I guess they deemed section 118 to be better than the floor seats.   Not sure I would argue with that as you can see above the crowd if your in the wings.   I think the first few rows behind the pit are ok, but further back then that, not so good.
    This is the first time since 2011 I haven’t won GA in Vancouver and my seats might be considered worse now than 13 yrs ago. That show was at the old Coliseum but I had equivalent seats to sec 117 row 1. This go round I’m row 16 & 21 floor. Maybe a combo of less good seats for the club & more high seniority members attending this years shows 🤷‍♂️ 
    Post edited by ekwipt on
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    ekwipt said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

This is the first time since 2011 I haven’t won GA in Vancouver and my seats might be considered worse now than 13 yrs ago. That show was at the old Coliseum but I had equivalent seats to sec 117 row 1. This go round I’m row 16 & 21 floor. Maybe a combo of less good seats for the club & more high seniority members attending this years shows 🤷‍♂️ 
    Wasn't 2011 all seated on the floor at the Coliseum? I don't remember there being a pit. 
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

I think I'm neutral.  I think I was something like row 16 or 18 on the floor in 2011.  That show had higher demand because there was no Seattle show for the PJ 20 tour.  I think with row 4 and row 1 I'm around the equivalent of row 19 and row 15 for a seated floor this time around, so not much different.

I think my best was row 8 in 2003 (or was it 2005?)
  • Options
    Hawkshore said:
    ekwipt said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

Wasn't 2011 all seated on the floor at the Coliseum? I don't remember there being a pit. 
    yah it was all seats... I remember we got Angry Eddie because some people up front didn't appreciate Ole, which kind of turn the energy of the show up a notch and was kind of awesome.

I think Vancouver '13 was the only Vancouver show so far with a pit.  Well Pemberton '16 was all GA with a VIP GA section too :)
  • Options
    Yah, Eddie got pissed by some of the front rowers for lack of energy. I mean, it was Ole, but still. They were probably radio contest winners and didn't show much energy the whole show. If you find video, it's like he's singing/yelling the song at them. LOL
  • Options
    Here's the show, but skip to 1:43:20. Stick around for the post-song comments. Still makes me laugh.

https://youtu.be/zgpk8C1zKHE?si=IruxSkUr0_wido2P
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,846
    "It's alright we are all friends" LMAO
  • Options
    Yah, Eddie got pissed by some of the front rowers for lack of energy. I mean, it was Ole, but still. They were probably radio contest winners and didn't show much energy the whole show. If you find video, it's like he's singing/yelling the song at them. LOL
    😂 I remember getting a bit of that from him at his Vancouver solo show too cuz most people didn’t know the words to No More and weren’t singing along. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,859
    Anyone going to the IDLES show on 5/3? 
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Possibly bump into Jeff there.

• Options
    No, but we were contemplating the violent femmes at the commodore between shows, but I'll most likely go do a hike in the northshore mountains somewhere :)

Also.. does anyone remember Vancouver '98.   My first show were they played a song after YL.   Eddie's like.. com'on, one more, and they did a blistering version of Baba O' Riley. so good :)
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,859
    100 Pacer said:
    jjflash said:
    Possibly bump into Jeff there.
    ^^That'd be nice. 

It wasn't until today that I noticed IDLES was playing two nights in Vancouver...conveniently just before PJ. My buddy and I arrive in Vancouver the afternoon before IDLES's second show, which is sold out. May have to scalp tix to it :pensive: 
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    edited April 5
    Zod said:
    Hawkshore said:
    ekwipt said:
    Zod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    juliefer said:
    ekwipt said:
    jjflash said:
    ekwipt said:

yah it was all seats... I remember we got Angry Eddie because some people up front didn't appreciate Ole, which kind of turn the energy of the show up a notch and was kind of awesome.

I think Vancouver '13 was the only Vancouver show so far with a pit.  Well Pemberton '16 was all GA with a VIP GA section too :)
    That's right angry Eddie

I always remember that 2011 show for Stone playing every instrument in the band that night including singing Mankind! 
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    Zod said:
    No, but we were contemplating the violent femmes at the commodore between shows, but I'll most likely go do a hike in the northshore mountains somewhere :)

Also.. does anyone remember Vancouver '98.   My first show were they played a song after YL.   Eddie's like.. com'on, one more, and they did a blistering version of Baba O' Riley. so good :)
    That was my first show ever! Life changing!
  • Options
    Just scored a great upgrade for Vancouver N2 on F2F. So I’m posting a floor row 20 pair if anyone is still looking for tickets. 
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    steven87 said:
    Just scored a great upgrade for Vancouver N2 on F2F. So I’m posting a floor row 20 pair if anyone is still looking for tickets. 
    Good luck in the sale. Unfortunately N2 appears to have plenty of tickets still available and the floor doesn’t seems to be popular among the general audience. Too bad TM didn’t allow to set your own price. 😒
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."