Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 106
    I've planned yearly craft brewery walking tours for my family for the past 6 years. If you have any questions or want any ideas for good breweries to visit, hit me up. I'd be happy to help.
    Post away with the brewery recommendations! We are staying at Blue Horizon in the Coal Harbour area (I think that's what it is called) and no GA, so bathroom use is okay.
    Superflux is my personal favorite. Definitely check it out *if you like hazy unfiltered beer
  • Options
    Absolutely!  I think Superflux is the highest rated brewery in the lower mainland.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm coming over from Victoria for both shows and currently have an extra 10C ticket on the floor for both nights. I'll likely be putting them up on F2F but would love to find a ticket buddy to walk into the shows with rather than selling them completely randomly on Ticketmaster. 
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,240
    Hi all! I'm coming over from Victoria for both shows and currently have an extra 10C ticket on the floor for both nights. I'll likely be putting them up on F2F but would love to find a ticket buddy to walk into the shows with rather than selling them completely randomly on Ticketmaster. 
    I’m assuming they’re floor seats, and not the GA pit, right? I’m desperately searching for pit tickets for at least one night. 
  • Options
    One Song GloryOne Song Glory Posts: 710
    steven87 said:
    I’m assuming they’re floor seats, and not the GA pit, right? I’m desperately searching for pit tickets for at least one night. 
    Yes, floor seats and not pit. Good luck!
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 310
    edited March 4
    I see Ticketmaster has just released a bunch more tickets for both of these shows at their Premium pricing. 
    It's absolutely outrageous that they are charging almost $1000 per ticket for floor seats and decent seats in the lower bowl. 
    I assumed those floor tickets were 10 club tickets but I guess not. 

" Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    I think those were held back from the10C allotment for people with $$$ to spend. No wonder I'm way in the back on the floor.
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Hi all looking for a single N1 for myself . Thanks 
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,240
    I see Ticketmaster has just released a bunch more tickets for both of these shows at their Premium pricing. 
    It's absolutely outrageous that they are charging almost $1000 per ticket for floor seats and decent seats in the lower bowl. 
    I assumed those floor tickets were 10 club tickets but I guess not. 

Whichever ones remain unsold will eventually drop to standard pricing (probably not until the week/day of the show). It’s just a waiting game. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Can anyone comment on the reliability of WestJet airlines?

A buddy and I are looking to drive to Atlanta and from there take a direct flight to Vancouver via WestJet. I've never flown w/ them and before purchasing flight tickets would appreciate feedback from those of you who have. 
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 317
    jjflash said:

A buddy and I are looking to drive to Atlanta and from there take a direct flight to Vancouver via WestJet. I've never flown w/ them and before purchasing flight tickets would appreciate feedback from those of you who have. 
    Never had any problems with them. They have a far better reputation than Air Canada for sure. 
  • Options
    ManOfTheHour75ManOfTheHour75 Posts: 310
    jjflash said:

You will have no problems flying WestJet. Definitely better than Air Canada

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 496
    jjflash said:

Reliable airline for sure!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 609
    They’re solid with a pretty modern fleet. Their only real competition is Air Canada so they’re financially sound also. 
  • Options
    Thanks @ManOfTheHour75 @UseUrIllusions and @DJ253147 for the helpful feedback! Hope to see you in Vancouver :rock_on:
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 609
    jjflash said:
    Thanks @ManOfTheHour75 @UseUrIllusions and @DJ253147 for the helpful feedback! Hope to see you in Vancouver :rock_on:
    You're most welcome jj anytime. Hopefully you can pull it off. We're relatively local about 30 miles away and I know it's 99% about the show but it is a spectacular city to visit and a really nice time of year. 
  • Options
    nicolenicole Posts: 62
    Can anyone comment on transportation after the shows? I imagine getting an Uber would be difficult. Is it safe to walk down Robson after the show? Or would it be better to take the Skytrain? 
  • Options
    If there are any danger areas it is the immediate area around Skytrain stations. Great meeting area for drug dealers and their clients. Walking down Robson Street is pretty safe from what I remember. I've not been downtown late at night in some time. Granville Street can be troublesome as people are spilling out of bars and nightclubs with a bit too much alcohol in their systems.
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Flights booked...the countdown is on!  :smiley:
  • Options
    Just a reminder to everyone coming from afar to book your hotels NOW if you haven't. May is a busy time for tourism in Vancouver and with new legislation coming into effect at the end of May banning most AirBNBs, there will be few options and nothing considered affordable in the downtown core. 
  • Options
    Just a reminder to everyone coming from afar to book your hotels NOW if you haven't. May is a busy time for tourism in Vancouver and with new legislation coming into effect at the end of May banning most AirBNBs, there will be few options and nothing considered affordable in the downtown core. 
    Good point.

https://vancouversun.com/business/real-estate/bc-new-short-term-rental-regulations-explained#:~:text=What are the new regulations,house, in 65 B.C. communities.

Also, cruise ship season just opened yesterday. Many people will arrive before, or stay after, their cruise, and take up hotel rooms.
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,313
    edited March 13
    Vancouver Pair Trade:

I am looking for:
    Night 1 - GA pair or Res pair in 105, 106, 117, 118

Have to trade:
    Night 1 - Floor, Row 1 pair, or
    Night 2 - GA pair

Going to both nights, so we can walk in together.  No transfer necessary.
    You have an extra n2 pair of GA? If so, I'd love to get them from you if you find your n1 pair. I'll also look out for n1 once f2f opens.
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    I'm staying in north Vancouver, looks like a nice area. Looking forward to my first trip out there!
    Looking for celiac friendly restaurants for my wife. Any recommendations are appreciated 
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 317
    For people who will already be in town Friday May 3rd there’s a fantastic punk show happening.
    Marked Men (Texas) and local legends Needles//Pins
    https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-marked-men-with-needlespins-long-knife-and-no-brainer-tickets-807549230487
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 379
    nicole said:
    Can anyone comment on transportation after the shows? I imagine getting an Uber would be difficult. Is it safe to walk down Robson after the show? Or would it be better to take the Skytrain? 
    Where are you staying? You will be fine walking down Robson, or the skytrain would be good too if you're staying by another station, but the majority of the crowd from the show will probably be heading straight to the skytrain (mostly going the opposite direction) so the time spent waiting to get up to the platform might not be worth it if you can just walk. Depends how quick you can get there after the show gets out. :) 
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 146
    Instead of flying into Vancouver, I may fly into Seattle and make the drive. In order to save some money - folks had suggested staying a bit outside the city itself - any recommendations? Will have a car, but trying to get merch (of course, right?), so trying to think of logistics of getting to the venue early and back to catch a brief nap before the show.

Currently booked downtown near the arena, and depending on the costs outside the city, might stick with that. Just trying to avoid a 6am ('international') flight to Detroit the day after the show. Did this in St. Paul and trying to avoid.
  • Options
    blairs1 said:
    Instead of flying into Vancouver, I may fly into Seattle and make the drive. In order to save some money - folks had suggested staying a bit outside the city itself - any recommendations? Will have a car, but trying to get merch (of course, right?), so trying to think of logistics of getting to the venue early and back to catch a brief nap before the show.

Currently booked downtown near the arena, and depending on the costs outside the city, might stick with that. Just trying to avoid a 6am ('international') flight to Detroit the day after the show. Did this in St. Paul and trying to avoid.
    I'm staying in an airbnb in Vancouver north, much cheaper than downtown.
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    anyone thats interested, violent femmes are playing Sunday night in Vancouver at the commodore ballroom.

Marriott Delta Downtown Vancouver has a Pearl Jam rate, unfortunately only avail sun through wed for some reason. https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1709765324617&key=GRP&app=resvlink
  • Options
    anyone thats interested, violent femmes are playing Sunday night in Vancouver at the commodore ballroom.

Marriott Delta Downtown Vancouver has a Pearl Jam rate, unfortunately only avail sun through wed for some reason. https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1709765324617&key=GRP&app=resvlink
    Thanks for the heads up on the hotel. I booked the Sunday and Monday night there. It looks nice and a decent price. 
    Having to stay at the Sandman right beside the arena on Saturday night. 

• Options
    nicolenicole Posts: 62
    juliefer said:
    nicole said:
    Where are you staying? You will be fine walking down Robson, or the skytrain would be good too if you're staying by another station, but the majority of the crowd from the show will probably be heading straight to the skytrain (mostly going the opposite direction) so the time spent waiting to get up to the platform might not be worth it if you can just walk. Depends how quick you can get there after the show gets out. :) 
    Thank you!