Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,873
    If anyone is just too addicted to the adrenaline of scoring GA and ends up with 2 extra, I (and my fiancé) will be your huckleberry for N1 and/or N2.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    DJ253147 said:
    Fingers 🤞 that they will be dropping some tickets soon. I get a sick feeling that I may get shutout.
    Monday to Wednesday you should see some action from TM. 

As long as they don't drop them Wednesday morning when I'm flying down to Winnipeg.
    The tickets won't be a problem but the issue is the shows are in Vancouver.......not Winterpeg lol.

Seriously even if they do a drop while you're airborne, it's not likely they'll all get gobbled up quickly. Now in 2011 when Vancouver had only one show to end a small tour (and no Seattle show) or Seattle 2013 (1 show to close the tour) those 
    were tight on ticket supply. I know as I squandered several hours in a sweet hotel room F5ing trying to upgrade Seattle '13. Don't forget that sadly they'll be people have any number of issues crop up this week and then can't make the show. Then they'll be some that just flake out for lack of a better term. Safe travels!

I live up in Nunavut, so on Wednesday I'm flying down to Winnipeg then early Friday morning off to Vancouver.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,431
    It is pretty sad that N2 has so many blue dots / seats avail a week before a tour for a new album. Big mistake in booking it seems... and yes I know premium will drop but alot of them are regular face. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,324
    It is pretty sad that N2 has so many blue dots / seats avail a week before a tour for a new album. Big mistake in booking it seems... and yes I know premium will drop but alot of them are regular face. 

True, but I'm optimistic a bunch of those will sell at the last second magically.  I've seen it before.   I also feel like it's less than we thing.  The upper bowl is pretty much sold out (except fan2fan and a handful of regular tickets).   It's the rear part of the lower bowl mostly unsold.  I don't know how it's done.  Dropping prices, radio ticket promos, whatever, but I've seem TM pull it out of their hats many times.

I would guess this might be the only time we 2 shows in Vancouver though.

I do wonder TM would have had an easier time selling them if they allocated more tickets to the general sale and captured the initial momentum.  I don't think casuals and the average fan keep an eye on it like we do.
  • Options
    This is pathetic ..

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    This is pathetic ..

It really is. Right now my wife and I are only doing N1 since she has some health issues and she doesn't want to commit to N2, but at least I know if she feels up to it we won't have an issue getting tickets. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,873
    This is pathetic ..

And that's not counting the last 3 rows of those lower bowls that they are likely holding back. There could be a whole lot more blue than we suspect. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 384
    DJ253147 said:
    Fingers 🤞 that they will be dropping some tickets soon. I get a sick feeling that I may get shutout.

As long as they don't drop them Wednesday morning when I'm flying down to Winnipeg.
    The tickets won't be a problem but the issue is the shows are in Vancouver.......not Winterpeg lol.

Seriously even if they do a drop while you're airborne, it's not likely they'll all get gobbled up quickly. Now in 2011 when Vancouver had only one show to end a small tour (and no Seattle show) or Seattle 2013 (1 show to close the tour) those 
    were tight on ticket supply. I know as I squandered several hours in a sweet hotel room F5ing trying to upgrade Seattle '13. Don't forget that sadly they'll be people have any number of issues crop up this week and then can't make the show. Then they'll be some that just flake out for lack of a better term. Safe travels!

I live up in Nunavut, so on Wednesday I'm flying down to Winnipeg then early Friday morning off to Vancouver.
    Single is up for row 2 floor. 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    DJ253147 said:

I wonder if my wife will understand.....  lol
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    We know the powers that be see this... really sad that they committed to 2 nights up there and could maybe have done another city? 
  • Options
    We know the powers that be see this... really sad that they committed to 2 nights up there and could maybe have done another city? 
    I won’t be sad when I’m rockin’ out there for 2 nights 🤘 🤘 🤘 
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 642
    Zod said:

True, but I'm optimistic a bunch of those will sell at the last second magically.  I've seen it before.   I also feel like it's less than we thing.  The upper bowl is pretty much sold out (except fan2fan and a handful of regular tickets).   It's the rear part of the lower bowl mostly unsold.  I don't know how it's done.  Dropping prices, radio ticket promos, whatever, but I've seem TM pull it out of their hats many times.

I do wonder TM would have had an easier time selling them if they allocated more tickets to the general sale and captured the initial momentum.  I don't think casuals and the average fan keep an eye on it like we do.
    Agree with pretty much all the above but if you really  to SELL out 2 nights have at least 3 tier pricing system. $209.00/ticket plus dinner and beverages is $600-700, is too much for many casual music fans and I believe it's harder for the casual fan to pull the wallet out the closer it gets to the show. Doesn't matter if it's Section 104 or 119, I know I've brought the quality N2 ticket availability to a number of friends but only 1 of who grabbed a Section 104 and he's not on a budget by any means.

My theory is it'll be pretty full but they may not sell them all but empty looks bad so might as well give them away. On the other hand has the band not been known to really take it to another level with the extra rarities, extra deep tracks on Night 2 like Katowice 2000 when attendance is a bit sparse to send a message to those who passed up the second show.
  • Options
    DJ253147 said:
    Zod said:

I do wonder TM would have had an easier time selling them if they allocated more tickets to the general sale and captured the initial momentum.  I don't think casuals and the average fan keep an eye on it like we do

My theory is it'll be pretty full but they may not sell them all but empty looks bad so might as well give them away. On the other hand has the band not been known to really take it to another level with the extra rarities, extra deep tracks on Night 2 like Katowice 2000 when attendance is a bit sparse to send a message to those who passed up the second show.
    This is what I’m hoping for 👆 
    N1 heavy with the new material and lots of general crowd pleasers and N2 having some real treasures. 
  • Options
    Where do you live?
    Why do you sound mad about the fact that there's still tickets left for the 2nd Vancouver show? 
    It's not that I totally disagree because I actually think they should've played Calgary instead of 2 in Van (as far as ticket sales go) but I'm not complaining. I'm super excited that I get to see them twice in Vancouver this year which is just a short distance for me to travel from Vancouver Island. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,593
    Vancouver shows and crowd won’t disappoint.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Where do you live?
    Why do you sound mad about the fact that there's still tickets left for the 2nd Vancouver show? 
    It's not that I totally disagree because I actually think they should've played Calgary instead of 2 in Van (as far as ticket sales go) but I'm not complaining. I'm super excited that I get to see them twice in Vancouver this year which is just a short distance for me to travel from Vancouver Island. 
    I'm not mad.. how can you get that through what I wrote? It's just an observation and sad that a show isn't selling better on night 2. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,287
    ekwipt said:
    Same! It’s not gonna affect my experience at all. Plus if there are a few less drunken bros, I can’t complaint lol. And I do expect that the lower bowl at least will be mostly full by showtime. If there are still a lot of seats remaining in the lower bowl by the day of the show, I suspect they’ll upgrade the people in the upper bowl. Regardless, it’s going to be a great experience and I can’t wait!!!
  • Options
    Where do you live?
    I'm not mad.. how can you get that through what I wrote? It's just an observation and sad that a show isn't selling better on night 2. 
    Well you did use words like "this is pathetic" and "really sad".  Personally I don't care, I'm going to have an amazing time at both of the shows and I don't really care if the second night sells out. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    ekwipt said:
    You know it!!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 70
    Besides the back lower bowl sections all other sections, including the entire upper, has sold pretty well. Seems strange people are talking about the Monday show like it’s not pretty full ☺️

• Options
    Where do you live?
    Well you did use words like "this is pathetic" and "really sad".  Personally I don't care, I'm going to have an amazing time at both of the shows and I don't really care if the second night sells out. 
    Yup 👍 I’m sure it’ll fill up by weeks end and either way we’ll have a blast and the band gets the same payday. 
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    ekwipt said:
    DJ253147 said:

Missed out on it.
  • Options
    Henderson7Henderson7 Posts: 22
    Ultimately this is entirely on TM. Most of those lower bowl blue dots suddenly appeared like a month ago. So people that logged on to the general on sale and saw both shows “sell out” within the first hour or so may not have come back to see if tickets were available. Add onto the fact the cheapest ticket is $208 and you are gonna have this issue.

it doesn’t say anything about the market or PJ fans in Vancouver IMO.
  • Options
    Where do you live?
    Saying pathetic isn't mad.... it's sad on management and TM and omg where in what I wrote does it say people won't have a blast? Geez...
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited April 28
    Hey, we have the coolest thread out there. Let’s continue the good vibes.

im attending solo both night, are there others in this thread that are meeting up somewhere before the shows for drinks etc??
    Post edited by UseUrIllusions on
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options

im attending solo both night, are there others in this thread that are meeting up somewhere before the shows for drinks etc??
    I know the usual Wishlist fundraiser is happening at The Pint for N1. Haven’t heard anything for N2 yet. 
  • Options
    ekwipt said:

I know the usual Wishlist fundraiser is happening at The Pint for N1. Haven’t heard anything for N2 yet. 
    The American is a fun alternative spot that’s walking distance to the arena. Nice row of pinball machines, good burgers (including my wife’s fav veggie burger in the city), craft beer and unique wines.
  • Options
    What time do we think the guys will take the stage?
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,287
    ekwipt said:

I believe it’s at the Pint for both shows. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you from this thread there!
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 811
    What time do we think the guys will take the stage?
    Probably roughly between 8:30 - 8:45
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018