Options

Vancouver N1 and N2 - Thread

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    steven87 said:
    I would also be remiss if I did not mention that if anyone is still looking to upgrade at this point, I would highly recommend that you list your existing seats ASAP. F2F appears to be pretty saturated with lower bowl seats at this point, so if you wait until closer to the show, they’re less likely to sell (and if your seats are in the back of the lower bowl, it may already be too late; I suspect that many of the existing pairs in the back of the lower bowl will not sell). 
    I began mentioning this here 2 weeks ago when the situation was apparent. At this point it’s likely too late for some unfortunately.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    i sold my pair 2 weeks ago that were in section 114 that sold pretty quick and they havent popped back up in f2f which is good. But still yet to find a single for me since im going solo now.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,273
    TA243471 said:
    steven87 said:
    I would also be remiss if I did not mention that if anyone is still looking to upgrade at this point, I would highly recommend that you list your existing seats ASAP. F2F appears to be pretty saturated with lower bowl seats at this point, so if you wait until closer to the show, they’re less likely to sell (and if your seats are in the back of the lower bowl, it may already be too late; I suspect that many of the existing pairs in the back of the lower bowl will not sell). 

Yep, I would love to upgrade to some of those closer seats....especially those 104, row 14 aisle pair, but with so many Face Value tickets that are better than mine already available, I'm just going to stick it out for now.  Maybe I hit the lottery before the show, and can afford to eat my current seats!!
    Yeah based on the number of pairs sitting around in the back of the lower bowl, unfortunately I think we’ve reached the point now where in order to upgrade, you will likely have to eat a pair. That’s why I sold off my crappy 10c seats shortly after F2F opened. It stinks that 10c seems to get a worse ticket allocation these days and that TM holds off on releasing the best seats until much closer to the show. 
  • Options
    i sold my pair 2 weeks ago that were in section 114 that sold pretty quick and they havent popped back up in f2f which is good. But still yet to find a single for me since im going solo now.
    Start looking next week. I’d even wait until day prior if not day of. You’ll easily have your pick of some really solid side stage seats.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Honestly if you’re only looking for a single, I think the best strategy at this point might be to hold off until the day of the show (or close to it) unless you’re able to snag a GA before then. There’s almost always great last minute ticket drops in some of the sections closest to the stage, and you have a 0% chance of getting shut out since there’s so many seats available. 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,193
    steven87 said:
    TA243471 said:
    steven87 said:

Yep, I would love to upgrade to some of those closer seats....especially those 104, row 14 aisle pair, but with so many Face Value tickets that are better than mine already available, I'm just going to stick it out for now.  Maybe I hit the lottery before the show, and can afford to eat my current seats!!
    Yeah based on the number of pairs sitting around in the back of the lower bowl, unfortunately I think we’ve reached the point now where in order to upgrade, you will likely have to eat a pair. That’s why I sold off my crappy 10c seats shortly after F2F opened. It stinks that 10c seems to get a worse ticket allocation these days and that TM holds off on releasing the best seats until much closer to the show. 

I'm not too worried about it.  These seats were more than good enough for me to accept when they came up.  Now that there are better ones, I wouldn't mind moving closer, but either way, we are going to have a hell of a good time.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1,
  • Options
    TA243471 said:
    steven87 said:
    TA243471 said:
    steven87 said:

I'm not too worried about it.  These seats were more than good enough for me to accept when they came up.  Now that there are better ones, I wouldn't mind moving closer, but either way, we are going to have a hell of a good time.
    Can’t believe we’re just over a week away! Can’t wait!!! 🎸🤘
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    edited April 26
    This situation so unique as it presents a PJ show that is accessible to so many a week before. If your a quick flight or reasonable road trip it gotta be tempting. Grab some tix and get up here.   TM fucked this up, hopefully some good can come out of it.   And please try pick up those F2F tix first.
    Can't wait !!  
    Post edited by nc_jammer1 on
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    Time to line up for rail!
  • Options
    save me spot ! lol
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,316
    This situation so unique as it presents a PJ show that is accessible to so many a week before. If your a quick flight or reasonable road trip it gotta be tempting. Grab some tix and get up here.   TM fucked this up, hopefully some good can come out of it.   And please try pick up those F2F tix first.
    Can't wait !!  
    Yah, you have to wonder how many more tickets they could of sold if they sold them while the iron was hot?  They were moving pretty fast on the onsale date, but dumping them weeks later for platinum prices, then better ones, then lower prices... you don't have all those eyeballs on the tickets anymore.

I love Pearl Jam, but I do like see TM's new approach to ticket sales failing :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Can't wait !!  
    Yah, you have to wonder how many more tickets they could of sold if they sold them while the iron was hot?  They were moving pretty fast on the onsale date, but dumping them weeks later for platinum prices, then better ones, then lower prices... you don't have all those eyeballs on the tickets anymore.

I love Pearl Jam, but I do like see TM's new approach to ticket sales failing :)
    What happens on the next tour ?  Will things change or stay same ? Knowing what we know, how do we approach first day sales ?

Depends on the market too obviously.  Just hope 10C finds a better way.
  • Options
    I immediately hopped on a flight to Vancouver and lined up right after I scored my GA on F2F last Friday. There are about 300 people in front of me 🤣🎟️
  • Options
    First dozen or so should be arriving late Thursday into early Friday.

• Options
    100 Pacer said:
    I won't actually be lining up until Saturday morning sometime. My wife is not up for camping out or getting there in the middle of the night 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    I immediately hopped on a flight to Vancouver and lined up right after I scored my GA on F2F last Friday. There are about 300 people in front of me 🤣🎟️
    Lmao
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    I won't actually be lining up until Saturday morning sometime. My wife is not up for camping out or getting there in the middle of the night 
    shit I'm flying Saturday so I'll be chillin in the back of GA 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Not necessarily. Keep in mind that a lot of people don’t get there until doors. Depending on the show, I’ve seen people get there early afternoon and still be only a few heads back from the stage. No you won’t get rail, but you’ll still end up with a good spot close to the stage. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Not necessarily. Keep in mind that a lot of people don’t get there until doors. Depending on the show, I’ve seen people get there early afternoon and still be only a few heads back from the stage. No you won’t get rail, but you’ll still end up with a good spot close to the stage. 
    I'll have my 16 yr old daughter with me,  so not sure she'll want to squeeze in behind a bunch of dudes, lol.  Either way it's gonna be awesome !! 
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,009
    How about an Upper Hand opener?

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Pretty decent chance of good weather to camp out in.

2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    edited April 26
    Zod said:
    Can't wait !!  

What happens on the next tour ?  Will things change or stay same ? Knowing what we know, how do we approach first day sales ?

I mean it's not really 10c I don't think.   It's generally, a promoter offers X amount of money to do a show, they tell the band this is what we need to do to generate that kind of money.  Band ok's it or they don't. 

Night 1 doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. There's way less tickets for sale and they're slowly selling.  I'm guessing it'll be sold out, or mostly sold out by showtime.

It's the 2nd one, that looks more worrisome.  Maybe we'll see a hail mary and it'll be mostly sold out by show time.   I've seen this happen with a few concerts now.  It's probably only a few thousand tickets that aren't sold.

If it doesn't sell, then I suspect this will be the one and only time we get 2 shows in Vancouver :)  Obviously Vancouver is in it for 1, but maybe not 2 :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    BlackSmileBlackSmile Posts: 85
    100 Pacer said:
    steven87 said:
    I began mentioning this here 2 weeks ago when the situation was apparent. At this point it’s likely too late for some unfortunately.
    I put mine up two weeks ago in Section 109.  They finally sold Wednesday night!!  Was able to upgrade section 107 instead.  There were killer seats in Section 118 but there were three and I only needed two and it would not let me buy them.  Oh well.  Two sections closer to the stage makes me happy!!
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Can't wait !!  

I mean it's not really 10c I don't think.   It's generally, a promoter offers X amount of money to do a show, they tell the band this is what we need to do to generate that kind of money.  Band ok's it or they don't. 

Night 1 doesn't seem to be as much of an issue. There's way less tickets for sale and they're slowly selling.  I'm guessing it'll be sold out, or mostly sold out by showtime.

It's the 2nd one, that looks more worrisome.  Maybe we'll see a hail mary and it'll be mostly sold out by show time.   I've seen this happen with a few concerts now.  It's probably only a few thousand tickets that aren't sold.

If it doesn't sell, then I suspect this will be the one and only time we get 2 shows in Vancouver :)  Obviously Vancouver is in it for 1, but maybe not 2 :(

I think having 2 Vancouver shows on the same tour that there are 2 Seattle shows is compounding the sales issue too.  That won't happen again.
  • Options
    josermorenojosermoreno Posts: 92
    Just listed Vancouver 1. Section  104 row 19 aisle seats. Great view.
    Sunfest Gimli, Manitoba 1993. Winnipeg 2005,2011. St Paul 2014,St Paul 1&2 2023  N1&2. Chicago 1&2 Sept 5&7.  Austin,Texas 1&2 Sept 18&19,2023
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Can't wait !!  

I think having 2 Vancouver shows on the same tour that there are 2 Seattle shows is compounding the sales issue too.  That won't happen again.
    Definitely, the only years I ever saw high 10c demand for PJ tickets was year in which there was no Seattle show.  I guess that's 2011, in '05 the didn't announce the Gorge show until after, so Vancouver had a lot of Washington state fans at it, and the Gorge had a lot of BC fans at it. maybe 03, because Vancouver was the year after Seattle.

I also wonder if it hurt more not having them go back to back with Seattle. At least when when they run after each other, people can go to all the dates, but skipping work at two different times of the month is much harder.  Vancouver (aside for Portland being a 5 or 6 hour drive away) doesn't have any shows around it for the travelling fans to make a trip out of it.

I'm still shocked to this day how few fan club members made the trek to Pemberton.  That show was soooooo amazing :)
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 198
    Sorry if this has been discussed, I've been following this thread from the get go but there's been a lot of info shared! Is there a public transportation daily pass or something like that or is it better to just pay as you go? We love to walk but it looks like the train is pretty efficient and the water taxi just sounds like a cool thing to do. Thanks for all the good info, locals!
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been discussed, I've been following this thread from the get go but there's been a lot of info shared! Is there a public transportation daily pass or something like that or is it better to just pay as you go? We love to walk but it looks like the train is pretty efficient and the water taxi just sounds like a cool thing to do. Thanks for all the good info, locals!

That's a good question. I need to digout my compass card for getting from the ferry to Downtown, but I'm not sure if it has a daily pass or how it works.  We tend to just tap it, and it figures itself out :)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,842
    Congrats! I didn't realize you got GA. 

I really thought I'd have had a chance at upgrading to GA with at least night 2 the way these ticket sales are going. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 639
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Can't wait !!  

Definitely, the only years I ever saw high 10c demand for PJ tickets was year in which there was no Seattle show.  I guess that's 2011, in '05 the didn't announce the Gorge show until after, so Vancouver had a lot of Washington state fans at it, and the Gorge had a lot of BC fans at it. maybe 03, because Vancouver was the year after Seattle.

I also wonder if it hurt more not having them go back to back with Seattle. At least when when they run after each other, people can go to all the dates, but skipping work at two different times of the month is much harder.  Vancouver (aside for Portland being a 5 or 6 hour drive away) doesn't have any shows around it for the travelling fans to make a trip out of it.

I'm still shocked to this day how few fan club members made the trek to Pemberton.  That show was soooooo amazing :)
    Pemberton was just AWESOME! Severe thunderstorm watch was in effect . Grabbed tix in Whistler very late Sunday afternoon and really wondered if I was doing the right thing with the weather warning in place.

From memory:Release, Footsteps (at this point I felt like everything else was just cake), Daughter,Thumbing, 5?I think Present Tense was at #6, Of the Earth somewhere in there, E-Flo Small Town, Corduroy late first set caught me off guard then a hits filled encore with a Floyd cover.

Got there in time to catch half of Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds which we really enjoyed.