Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    I wonder what we may see today, if anything. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • asacks81asacks81 Posts: 34
    Get_Right said:
    asacks81 said:
    I'm not complaining as I think the system probably did what it said what it was going to do and seemed clear enough (and I got what would've been my first choice anyway) but why wouldn't this be a "better" system:

1. Randomly assign every 10C member a lottery number (1 to 100K or however many 10C members there are) -- this is the ONLY GLOBAL lottery 
    2. Go back to priority -- everyone rank their choice of shows (in their actual preference as there would be no incentive in my system to try and choose between shows you are likely to get and shows that you aren't, will see why in a second).  In fact, each member could also rank their choice of seats (you could rank GA first for your preferred show, then P1, then GA for Show 2, etc., or if you'd rather, you could rank a bunch of GAs first, then a bunch of seating, or vice versa if you prefer assigned seats, to maximize your chances of GA OVER a particular show if you're more agnostic between certain shows).
    3. 10C starts at #1 for the lottery -- 1 gets their first choice, 2 gets their first choice unless sold out, in which case 2 gets their second choice, and so on, all the way through the lottery until you get to the last person (who gets their first choice that is still available, unless all of their available choices are sold out, in which case they are of course unfortunately shut out of this lottery)
    4.  Restart at 1 again for remaining availability (or, if you really want to be more fair, run it in REVERSE the second time so last place in the first go around has the BEST chance of getting two shows), and recursively again and again until all shows are sold out or all 10C members are out of available options

Is there a reason that my system above wouldn't be better?  Would still do seniority for seating within the show sections to give that group a benefit.  Seems to me this would maximize getting everyone into a show, and would also optimize getting as many people as possible into their preferred shows and their preferred seats.  Only thing it would minimize is the lucky few who get a bunch of shows, which I think most would agree we'd all rather minimize the chance of missing out entirely.  Just my two cents for the 10C gods out there to conisder for the future (I hope there are MANY more years of 10C lotteries to complain about!!)

It may be better for the fans, but it would slow down TM's ability to sell tickets which is their objective through these sales. They probably begrudge the 10C sales as hurting profits and increasing administrative costs.
    Maybe?  I don't think it would slow down TM -- the algorithim to do this is very simple--all you need is a database with everyone's preference and the list of how many 10C seats you have available in each section for each show, and it could run the lottery results in about 2 seconds.  I'm also assuming that whatever the allocation that 10C gets is the same as today (and that most/all shows end up selling out of 10C seats) so I don't think that really changes anything, we are still selling the same total number of 10C seats for the same price, and TM can sell the rest of the tix through verified fan as they already are, etc.  I'm not sure how the seat assignment process works but presumably once you know who is getting the tix that is also already automated.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    EBowie said:
    I’d like to see poll results on those who think the current system is good versus when they joined the fan club.  Gee whiz, I wonder what those numbers would look like.
    Alot of the people who won 7+ shows are people who have been in the TC along time...

This was way, way, WAY better than the F5 days.
    I did great in the F5 days 😂 a bit of a leg up being a bit younger/tech savvy
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • epsty1eepsty1e Posts: 2
    kaw753 said:
    Noload said:
    Still don't believe they are done with Missoula.  Did anyone capture the 10c seating chart from the ticket request?  I can't remember what that one looked like since I assumed most folks that put in for that show would get it.
    It was all excellent seats and GA for Missoula. 

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    EBowie said:
    I’d like to see poll results on those who think the current system is good versus when they joined the fan club.  Gee whiz, I wonder what those numbers would look like.
    Alot of the people who won 7+ shows are people who have been in the TC along time...

I'd rather wait in line at the Sears Customer Service counter

For you kids out there, Sears used to be....

...well, Customer Service was...

ah, never mind - get off my lawn!

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

Been a casual PJ fan since the beginning but was broke and/or homeless in my late teens early 20’s, so affording concert tickets was the last thing on my mind when I was more concerned with where I would sleep each night. I got married in my late 20’s, and we both put ourselves through college and are in our careers finally making a very respectable income (probs for about 5 years now). We can now enjoy going to concerts and traveling on a whim.

We are both early to mid-40’s now, and over the last 5-10 years, I have fallen in love w/ PJ and their music. It just hits different, and I feel fortunate to experience their music almost for the first time.

My s/o and I went to our 1st show in Chi last Fall. I had been in the 10C for about 3 years, and the 1st time I ever attempted to get tickets through the 10C, I scored GA x2 for 1 night. When we arrived, we were surrounded by peeps in line for wristbands that all told stories about shows they had been to over the last few decades. Many of these fans were traveling show to show and had notched 20-30 and in some cases 40-50 shows over time. I felt almost like a poser as this was my 1st show. Of course, many explained how we were in for a treat as we got GA/pit for our 1st PJ concert. As the concert came to an end, between the fellow PJ fans, the band, and the music, I had never experienced anything like it.

Long story short, I understand those upset with seniority here on 10C not getting the tickets they desired or any tickets at all, but… how many amazing shows have you been fortunate to see over the years? I wish there was a perfect system and seeing peeps get multiple GA tickets while others miss out completely is frustrating. I wanted GA for Wrigley both nights this go-around, and was willing to even fly to Vegas, but will likely enjoy seats for 1 night in Wrigley for my 2nd show ever. I would have loved to have seen PJ in East Lansing back in 98 as well, but I didn’t have that kind of coin and was just trying to eat, so apologies if I only joined the “club” 3 years ago, I did not even know there was a 10C club until a few years ago…

This was awesome to read, I am happy for you guys! I felt somewhat similar when I went to PJ20 lol Things have changed since then too. Back then, there was no GA and the first I think five rows were reserved for old time fans, with some lucky random fans getting front row unexpectedly (which was why it was fun to go to the ticket window because you never knew where you'd end up). Then it felt like PJ were getting tired of seeing the same lifeless crowd in the front rows, especially after seeing more energized people in GA in other countries, so they changed things up and made the GA floor. I can see where they are coming from, it's gotta be more fun with enthusiastic people up front. Now by now that system has also been taken over by people who will try anything and everything to be on the rail at every show, which makes it once again boring for the band because they are seeing the same faces yet again but I guess the band still likes it better than an all-seated place.

I understand that people get pissed when they don't get tickets, especially when they see others scoring but nobody guaranteed us tickets. And I find it funny how all the names of the complainers during tour and ticket time sound familiar, because they always complain about the same thing. Don't let them spoil your fun and enjoy the shows! You will, regardless of where you sit anyways. Except for maybe second to last row behind the stage, which we had in Seattle in 2013 :P But it was still an awesome respite from everyday life and a wonderful experience to visit the "PJ Mekka".
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    I feel for everyone here who missed out.   But there are still ways to get into most of these shows.  In 2020, I flamed out on all my requests.  I put in for MSG, Baltimore and Nashville and got none of them. Mostly because there are too many fans and not enough tickets.  Not because of the system.   But I was able to grab two lower level seats near the stage for MSG in the verified fan sale.  I was later able to grab two lower level seats for Nashville in the verified fan sale when those went on sale.  Win some. Lose some. 
    This is honestly more impressive than winning the lottery. Well done. 
    Thank you.  They were two separate sales so I could at least divide and conquer.  otherwise I would have been hounding f2f until I scored.  The unintended consequence of my quest is that I was later able to apply my skills to help me score Taylor Swift and Harry Styles tickets for my teenage daughters. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    edited February 20
    All this talk of which system is better ignores the real point: they do not play nearly enough shows to meet demand. (Well except in Cali). They could play 4 nights at MSG and sell out. If they played Hartford that might ease demand for Fenway. If they played Detroit or Milwaukee that could help people get Wrigley tix. Playing Pittsburgh or Buffalo or Charlotte would offset Philly demand. And I haven’t even mentioned the Southeast yet. 
    This is their biggest tour in about 15 years and it’s still nowhere near enough. Whatever system they use will lead to heartbroken or angry members unless they actually play enough dates.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    CM189191 said:
    EBowie said:

This made me laugh.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    Someone on FB just posted they had a friend who just now got a Vegas confirmation 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    Prioritization didn't solve all the problems but it was better than what we got this time.  But ... given the constraints of the rules that were applied this go round, I wish used they MSG rule for all the other 2-show venues if demand exceeded supply ... at least in that case more people would get at least one show in a city before others got 2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Not to add to anyone's pain, but I went 5 for 6 yesterday, with the 6th not being possible because I put in for both MSG shows

Vegas 1 & 2 - P2
    MSG 2 - P2
    Wrigley, both nights GA.

I'm going to chicago for the first time in a decade... pumped!

I think the MSG's are going to hit F2F, despite communicating all the dates to my wife multiple times, she only informed me of AFTER the request was locked in that she has a work conflict with the MSG dates... Not too bent out of shape about it.  Will repost them at face value... only to have a ticketmaster bot scoop them up and then retail them for 5 or 6 times that... technology is the best.

Good luck to all with the general onsales.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    Bringing back priority selections would make this a bit less randomized with more balance to who scores.  Less people going 10/10 while others go 0/6.  That said, there were several cases last year of people winning tickets with their 4th priority, while others got shut out with their first priority, for the same show.  It happened a lot for Chicago.  That may have had to do with the 3x seat reshuffling debacle, but regardless, it happened.  I don't know what the solution is, but there are major flaws that seem to be getting worse in recent years.  It was never perfect, but it seems to have become exponentially worse since they implemented PJ Premium.  
  • broe01broe01 Posts: 36
    Very happy with the way the cookie crumbled this tour :)

Seattle N1 & N2 - P2
    NYC MSG N1 - No email
    NYC MSG N2 - P2
    Philly N1 & N2 - PIT
    Baltimore - PIT
    absurd
  • Someone on FB just posted they had a friend who just now got a Vegas confirmation 

This is a positive development.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    shep said:
    Not to add to anyone's pain, but I went 5 for 6 yesterday, with the 6th not being possible because I put in for both MSG shows

Vegas 1 & 2 - P2
    MSG 2 - P2
    Wrigley, both nights GA.

I'm going to chicago for the first time in a decade... pumped!

I think the MSG's are going to hit F2F, despite communicating all the dates to my wife multiple times, she only informed me of AFTER the request was locked in that she has a work conflict with the MSG dates... Not too bent out of shape about it.  Will repost them at face value... only to have a ticketmaster bot scoop them up and then retail them for 5 or 6 times that... technology is the best.

Good luck to all with the general onsales.
    I think you can transfer those MSG tickets directly to someone here for face value because of the NY law on ticket sales.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Since it seems they did most if not all the drawings yesterday rather than spreading it out over three days, I'm hopeful that assignments will be sent well before late Friday, and that would be the absolute latest you are notified. But, that's just a guess.
    Should we assume if we didn't hear yesterday either way, that it's unlikely we landed anything?

Wife and I both put in for Philly 1, but didn't get any emails yet.
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    Finally getting around to posting my results:

Vancouver N1 and N2- P1 reserved
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- P2 reserved
    Philly N1- P1 reserved
    Philly N2- GA
    Baltimore- P1 reserved

Feel very fortunate to have scored my first GA ever in a 10c lottery (in about 50 attempts). Now on to F2F to try to upgrade the rest!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    They allocated three days for a reason. I don't know how or why, but we shouldn't be surprised if more winners start trickling in. I hope it's some of you. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I have no problem with everyone getting a shot at GA for ONE show.  What I take issue with, is someone who joined 10C after me, getting GA for MULTIPLE shows when I got GA for NONE.  You cannot convince me this is a fair setup.  There has to be a better way.  Seniority counting for seats only is not good enough.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596
    CM189191 said:
    EBowie said:

I... I got this reference😅
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Go Animal said:
    CM189191 said:
    EBowie said:

I... I got this reference😅
    :lol: 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mornglrymornglry Posts: 15
    MSG night 2 P1
    Good Luck to everyone!! 

• I just realized Chase locked my card yesterday and I was drawn twice. I've emailed support. Has anyone had any luck contacting support and still getting their tickets. Ticketstoday did NOT reach out to tell me this yesterday like it was stated they would. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • I just realized Chase locked my card yesterday and I was drawn twice. I've emailed support. Has anyone had any luck contacting support and still getting their tickets. Ticketstoday did NOT reach out to tell me this yesterday like it was stated they would. 
    That sucks
  • Crew said:
    Since it seems they did most if not all the drawings yesterday rather than spreading it out over three days, I'm hopeful that assignments will be sent well before late Friday, and that would be the absolute latest you are notified. But, that's just a guess.
    Should we assume if we didn't hear yesterday either way, that it's unlikely we landed anything?

I've seen people getting results today. So, until you get the denial email, don't give up hope. I think they added some extra time into the "timeline" fully expecting that there will be confirmations after the initial round went out. This leads me to suspect that assignments may start going out on Thursday. Just a feeling, I have no concrete knowledge.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Crew said:

I've seen people getting results today. So, until you get the denial email, don't give up hope. I think they added some extra time into the "timeline" fully expecting that there will be confirmations after the initial round went out. This leads me to suspect that assignments may start going out on Thursday. Just a feeling, I have no concrete knowledge.
    Seen multiple or just the 1 Facebook post?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    bbiggs said:
    Bringing back priority selections would make this a bit less randomized with more balance to who scores.  Less people going 10/10 while others go 0/6.  That said, there were several cases last year of people winning tickets with their 4th priority, while others got shut out with their first priority, for the same show.  It happened a lot for Chicago.  That may have had to do with the 3x seat reshuffling debacle, but regardless, it happened.  I don't know what the solution is, but there are major flaws that seem to be getting worse in recent years.  It was never perfect, but it seems to have become exponentially worse since they implemented PJ Premium.  
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I just realized Chase locked my card yesterday and I was drawn twice. I've emailed support. Has anyone had any luck contacting support and still getting their tickets. Ticketstoday did NOT reach out to tell me this yesterday like it was stated they would. 
    I figured something was up yesterday with some of the people that got shut out of Wrigley.  Hopefully you can get it resolved, they seem to have fixed a lot of the declined issues with AMEX in Aus, and all of the other situations.  Best of luck. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Vancouver 1 & 2, P1 for both.
    I was only in this lottery to try for GA (I'm actually a little surprised I didn't get even one). I've got a bad 10C number (somewhere in the 450K range I think), so I'm going to try and get good seats in the general sale, and then hope I'll be able to sell bad 10C singles.... although I'm curious about the premium pricing! Just how much are those going to be??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata