Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I’d like to see poll results on those who think the current system is good versus when they joined the fan club.  Gee whiz, I wonder what those numbers would look like.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    edited February 20
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:
    My bro in law and wives were trying to do Vegas but he got his email at like 10:30am this morning for both shows. I haven’t gotten a postive or a negative. But I’m not holding my breath.

It’s like they awarded to the individual, and whatever shows they selected, versus awarding for shows to many. 
    100%. All or nothing. 
    No, it's not. There are plenty of examples of people here who got some of the tickets they requested, but not all of them.

Some people got everything they requested. Some people got some of what they requested. Some people got none of what they requested. This is exactly what you would expect from a random drawing.
    When there’s patterns it doesn’t seem like random. That’s all I’m saying. Too many people got both nights in a high demand city, while too many people got nothing. You have to admit that’s a fishy coincidence. Either way, you can’t argue this is a better system to get rid of the priority option. It allows for this to happen. 
    Humans tend to see patterns even in randomness. I think you're glossing over all of the people who have posted in this thread who have said that they got some of what they requested, but not all of what they requested. There's no fishy coincidence. There is a random distribution of outcomes.

Whether this system is better or worse is a separate topic that I was not opining on. I suspect that each system has its pluses and minuses.
    I dont care how many times you do the lotto no one should ever win GA for for both Philly's and both Fenways on one account. The odds are insane for that to happen. 

Lets say there are 400 winners for GA for Philly. 800 person pit. Sure there are singles out there but lets ignore that as it really does not change things too much. 

Lets actually say only 5000 people put in for Philly GA/Res combo. I bet there were more. 

400/5000 

8% chance at getting GA for night 1. 

Now the odds of hitting night 2 as well with those same above numbers. 0.08 x 0.08 = 

0.64% chance at hitting night 1 and night 2 GA. 

But wait there is more they also hit both Fenways. I think the Fenway pit is larger than Phillies but not sure by how much.

Lets say its 1500 so 750 wins since they are pairs. Lets keep 5000 as the total for how many people put in again. 

750/5000= 0.15 

So that gives us 0.08 x 0.08 x 0.15 x 0.15= 0.000144 or 0.0144% odds. 

I was just talking with a friend and guess how many GA they got on one account. 9 pair out of 11 shows they put in for. 

Want to do the math on that?

WOW! ( GA 9 out of 11)
    Think you'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightning...............TWICE!
    Post edited by cutz on
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    southp said:
    I’d like to see seniority used at least to get you one or two guaranteed show. 
    Something like this..
    30+ years guaranteed 3 shows
    20+ years 2 shows 
    10+ years 1 show 
    Always liked the idea in a lotto type system that more years of seniority gets you more chances in the lotto.  So 30 years might get you 3 entries.  20 gets you 2 etc..  so it would be a weighted lotto.  Same concept in a priority system.  30 years you get to pick 3 shows as your priority etc…
  • EBowie said:
    I’d like to see poll results on those who think the current system is good versus when they joined the fan club.  Gee whiz, I wonder what those numbers would look like.
    Alot of the people who won 7+ shows are people who have been in the TC along time...
  • wiscojamwiscojam Posts: 343
    those that preordered dark matter got first dibs. from there it went by reverse alphabetical order
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    MSG 2 - Reserved P2
    Fenway 1 - Reserved
    Fenway 2 - Reserved 

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,393
    I did pretty good. 
    Portland GA
    Sacramento GA
    Las Vegas 2 P1
    LA1 GA
    LA2 GA
    Seattle 2 GA

Haven’t heard anything about Philly or Wrigley but it’s not a big deal if I don’t get them. 
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    I don’t post much anymore, I’m not normally this much of a whiner. But I’m bitter. It’s legit pissing me off to see people get like 5 or 6 shows while I get zip. I don’t care what system has been used in the past, this to me is the worst. Maybe it’s cause this is the first time I have been completely shut out.

Based on what I’m seeing. The strategy would have been to put into many shows, including ones one doesn’t want, to then trade for ones that one might have wanted.

Oh well, I will get over It. 
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 650
    I did pretty good. 
    Portland GA
    Sacramento GA
    Las Vegas 2 P1
    LA1 GA
    LA2 GA
    Seattle 2 GA

Haven’t heard anything about Philly or Wrigley but it’s not a big deal if I don’t get them. 
    Go buy a Powerball ticket now!
  • TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    I empathize with everyone who got shut out…now is an excellent time to remember that there will be a TON of opportunities between today and the day of the concert to get in.  It’s an imperfect system.  In the 4-6 weeks before they show there will be ticket dumps on TM.  Stay at it and good luck 
  • TN49724 said:
    I empathize with everyone who got shut out…now is an excellent time to remember that there will be a TON of opportunities between today and the day of the concert to get in.  It’s an imperfect system.  In the 4-6 weeks before they show there will be ticket dumps on TM.  Stay at it and good luck 
    I'll get tickets via f2f, but it doesn't change that this new system sucks
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    EBowie said:
    Alot of the people who won 7+ shows are people who have been in the TC along time...

This was way, way, WAY better than the F5 days.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • EBowie said:

And much worse than priority days run by TC
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 444
    EBowie said:

I totally agree with you, those F5 days were brutal 
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    I've gotten no emails, feeling worried...
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 20
    PJNB said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a "limit" the last couple of tours regarding how many tickets one could have in their TM account for a particular PJ show? I think it might have been four per show? 
    So, if you won a pair through 10C lottery, and then got lucky enough and scored another pair through TM Verified Fan, you were unable to participate in any F2F drops until you unloaded one of the two pairs in your account?
    The limit might've had more to do with F2F tickets vs. tickets acquired by other means (10C presale, Verified Fan, standard drops along the way, etc.), but wasn't sure. Hope my inquiry made sense.
    @SHZA would remember best but I think fan to fan was unlimited. Standards were not. So if a late drop happened and you already had 4 standards you could not purchase them. 
    Correct, only standard purchases counted toward the four-ticket limit. If you hit four standards you would be unable to buy any more standards even if you sold some. F2F did not count toward the limit. Of course, things could change from year to year. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    I have a hunch we get another wave of lottery results tomorrow. Especially for those of us that are still waiting on results. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,462
    edited February 20
    EBowie said:
    Bottom line is way too many cases of one account getting multiple GAs while another account gets zero.  I understand it’s complicated and nearly impossible to make a perfect system.  But whatever algorithms are being used to distribute tickets are producing lopsided results.
    I hope we see more tixx released for 10C...
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • How soon we forget how the ticket disbursement went last tour. 

All your tickets might be rescinded. 
  • martynhmartynh Posts: 3
    Spoken said:
    I've gotten no emails, feeling worried...
    same here, weird to get no communication at all
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Posts: 1,000
    GA both nights in Chicago
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    I'm thinking that more are coming tomorrow. I'm not hearing about rejection letters.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I've gotten no emails and no pending charges on my CC....
    I'm still shell shocked that I didn't even get chosen for seats for 1 show.

Someone gets picked for 9 out of 9 shows or get picked for all GA and I don't have the luck to get picked for one...

I better stay home so a plane doesn't fall out of the sky and hit me in the head.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • bigdeathbigdeath Posts: 83
    Went 2/2

Wrigley N1- GA
    Wrigley N2- GA

Thanks 10c
    So the way you break this system is everyone chooses every show and then swaps through P2P on TM. Is that where this is headed? I only tried for two shows and got none as of now.
    I think it’s already happened to a little extent.  Have already seen people saying they won tix but knew they couldn’t go or people putting in multiple requests with family members and then ending up with more than they need.  On one hand that helps increase the odds of getting the tix you want so don’t fault anyone for that but it unfortunately dilutes the pool of tix for others and forces them to go f2f route.  Don’t know if you can ever fully balance it but they should still strive to balance it as much as possible.  Just shouldn’t have some getting shut out completely while others are pulling 6 GAs when there’s small tweaks you could make to balance that.
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,007
    Based on how today went down and how all of the NA shows were done throughout the day, are we to believe there will be a second and third go of this tomorrow and Wednesday? Has that ever happened before, or is it usually 1 pass and then it's over? 

last year my Ft. Worth N1 and N2 confirmations were spaced apart by like 4 hours... Is 10C taking their time this year and doing their due diligence after what happened last year? 

Weird to not get a rejection email after *supposedly* all of the NA dates have been done, especially thanks to all of you who let us know what was happening in real time. 10C listed Wednesday as the last day, but maybe they were giving themselves enough time based on what happened last year? Or are they really going to do "X" amount of tickets per day? 

Got a P1 Reserved for N1 Chicago (on my birthday....) 

Crossing my fingers, toes, and testicles I find my way to N2 thanks to 10C....
    3days said:
    I'm thinking that more are coming tomorrow. I'm not hearing about rejection letters.
    Think the second day is prob more reserved for handling any major issues like if they found out there was an issue with the allocation.  May also be some credit card issues to work through but I’d expected that to be a small one off type situation and not another wave of tix.
  • bootleg said:
    3days said:
    Think the second day is prob more reserved for handling any major issues like if they found out there was an issue with the allocation.  May also be some credit card issues to work through but I’d expected that to be a small one off type situation and not another wave of tix.
    Agreed
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 20
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:
    My bro in law and wives were trying to do Vegas but he got his email at like 10:30am this morning for both shows. I haven’t gotten a postive or a negative. But I’m not holding my breath.

It’s like they awarded to the individual, and whatever shows they selected, versus awarding for shows to many. 
    100%. All or nothing. 
    No, it's not. There are plenty of examples of people here who got some of the tickets they requested, but not all of them.

Some people got everything they requested. Some people got some of what they requested. Some people got none of what they requested. This is exactly what you would expect from a random drawing.
    When there’s patterns it doesn’t seem like random. That’s all I’m saying. Too many people got both nights in a high demand city, while too many people got nothing. You have to admit that’s a fishy coincidence. Either way, you can’t argue this is a better system to get rid of the priority option. It allows for this to happen. 
    Humans tend to see patterns even in randomness. I think you're glossing over all of the people who have posted in this thread who have said that they got some of what they requested, but not all of what they requested. There's no fishy coincidence. There is a random distribution of outcomes.

Whether this system is better or worse is a separate topic that I was not opining on. I suspect that each system has its pluses and minuses.
    I dont care how many times you do the lotto no one should ever win GA for for both Philly's and both Fenways on one account. The odds are insane for that to happen. 

Lets say there are 400 winners for GA for Philly. 800 person pit. Sure there are singles out there but lets ignore that as it really does not change things too much. 

Lets actually say only 5000 people put in for Philly GA/Res combo. I bet there were more. 

400/5000 

Now the odds of hitting night 2 as well with those same above numbers. 0.08 x 0.08 = 

But wait there is more they also hit both Fenways. I think the Fenway pit is larger than Phillies but not sure by how much.

Lets say its 1500 so 750 wins since they are pairs. Lets keep 5000 as the total for how many people put in again. 

750/5000= 0.15 

I was just talking with a friend and guess how many GA they got on one account. 9 pair out of 11 shows they put in for. 

There are so many things wrong with this. For one thing, you're making up supply and demand numbers out of thin air and then generating odds from them as if they are the actual odds. For another, your friend who put in for 11 shows did not go 9-for-11 on high-demand shows. The odds of some of those GAs will be much higher than some others. You do not have the requisite data to do this math properly, and you are using anecdotal evidence, ignoring the anecdota that don't fit your thesis and giving extra weight to the ones that do.

I can't keep doing this. The system worked as it should have and as it was intended to. That worked out great for some of us, and poorly for others. Alternative systems might be better (though they would likely generate different complaints). But there's no conspiracy at work here. I don't know what else to say to people who believe that there is.
    You don't have the requisite data to know that the system worked as it should have and as it was intended to.
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 

400/5000 

750/5000= 0.15 

Alternative systems might be better (though they would likely generate different complaints). 
    I agree with much of what you are saying, and there will always be complaints, but a system that allows for someone to get 4 GA's out of 5 or 6 shows and another person gets 0 GA's, or even 0-1 tickets total, is a deeply flawed system (in terms of equity) and no system prior to this has been this unequal.

They found a new way to screw New Yorkers even more by not having priority, because some couldn’t understand a simple ranking system is one of the worse excuses I’ve heard for anything.