Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    EBowie said:
    Seniority should matter.  Been in the fan club for 24 years.  I’m not saying there’s a perfect solution but seniority should most definitely matter.
    should we form a union?

I don't know man. That would just kill any incentive to get new members. That just doesn't seem fair either. I've been pretty lucky, but if I knew that people who signed up in the 90s had x number of chances vs me......not sure i'd still be here. 

PS: my seniority is the same as yours. 
    it mostly sucks for the east coast.  playing smaller venues in Philly and NYC with the high demand just makes it really hard to win lottery for those shows.   Should play Citizens Bank Park in Philly. I get the draw of playing the Garden but maybe more shows or play Citi Field.  
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:
    My bro in law and wives were trying to do Vegas but he got his email at like 10:30am this morning for both shows. I haven’t gotten a postive or a negative. But I’m not holding my breath.

It’s like they awarded to the individual, and whatever shows they selected, versus awarding for shows to many. 
    No, it's random. In a random drawing, some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none. Whether you were selected for a specific show was independent of whether you were also selected for other shows.

Everyone had the same chance at each show they tried for. Some shows had more demand. I got all of my requests, but I also did not request the high-demand shows in New York, Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago, so my chances of getting all of my requests were better than people who did go for those shows.

There are likely also some people who chose not to put in for P2 for their shows, which meant that, if they got tickets, their seats would be better, but also meant that their chances of being shut out altogether were increased because they didn't have as many entries in the lottery.
    Some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none, but the sizes of those groups should not be the same. A very lucky (or unlucky) few people should get a lot or none, while the vast majority of the entrants should have a mixed bag. Like if you flip a coin 10 times, very rarely would you get 10 heads or tails in a row 
    I think you will find, if you go back through this thread, that the vast majority of entrants got some (to coin a phrase), and did not get all or none (to coin a phrase). With respect to the coin analogy, the coin only has two possible outcomes of equal likelihood. This lottery may seem analogous, but it isn't as simple as "you get tickets or you don't" because the supply and demand is different for each show. Sacramento might be more likely to come up with all tails, MSG all heads and Portland somewhere in between.
    Yet my wife and I went 0/4 for Seattle and Philly while others hit all.
    You say "yet" as if this outcome is unusual, but this is totally consistent with "some will get all, some will get some, some will get none." I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. I do sympathize with your bad luck today. I hope you have better luck on F2F, or in the general onsale if you go that route. 
    How is this system improved over the priority one? I can't think of any valid ways. 

With the priority system I could almost guarantee winning tickets for a show if I put a lower demand show first. If I put a high demand show first, I knew I was gambling, but was ok with that 
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited February 20
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is it me or does it seem like philly got a lot more no's than other shows?  
    Side note, I wonder if it had any impact on getting tickets since I only picked p1 for the philly shows and not p1/ga, 

I got that impression as well. I checked all three options for both nights and got no Philly tickets. Must have been a huge demand.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,331
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:
    My bro in law and wives were trying to do Vegas but he got his email at like 10:30am this morning for both shows. I haven’t gotten a postive or a negative. But I’m not holding my breath.

It’s like they awarded to the individual, and whatever shows they selected, versus awarding for shows to many. 
    100%. All or nothing. 
    No, it's not. There are plenty of examples of people here who got some of the tickets they requested, but not all of them.

Some people got everything they requested. Some people got some of what they requested. Some people got none of what they requested. This is exactly what you would expect from a random drawing.
    When there’s patterns it doesn’t seem like random. That’s all I’m saying. Too many people got both nights in a high demand city, while too many people got nothing. You have to admit that’s a fishy coincidence. Either way, you can’t argue this is a better system to get rid of the priority option. It allows for this to happen. 
    Humans tend to see patterns even in randomness. I think you're glossing over all of the people who have posted in this thread who have said that they got some of what they requested, but not all of what they requested. There's no fishy coincidence. There is a random distribution of outcomes.

Whether this system is better or worse is a separate topic that I was not opining on. I suspect that each system has its pluses and minuses.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • southpsouthp Posts: 293
    30yr 10c member……

struck out 0 for 4 gm
    Ouch. That hurts. Back in 1996 you just mailed in your request card with a check and you got your tickets in the mail. Seems archaic but it worked. 

I’m also a 30 year+ member and I was 1 for 2. I got Fenway 2 and struck out on MSG 1. But to be honest that’s exactly what I wanted. 

• Wrigley N2 was my #1 and I got that so I'm pumped.

• Third straight tour I bat .000

There's still a chance for general on-sale, F2F.   Might do PJ Premium if it's not too bad.  

No complaints from me.  It happens.   I've gotten awesome 10C seats in the past few decades (remember the index card days? lol).  Ive had awesome people here hook us up with great seats. 

I sincerely hope some fans got 10C seats to their very first PJ show.  That would be an awesome consolation for me.  
    Damn, what did you put in for?
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    PJNB said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a "limit" the last couple of tours regarding how many tickets one could have in their TM account for a particular PJ show? I think it might have been four per show? 
    So, if you won a pair through 10C lottery, and then got lucky enough and scored another pair through TM Verified Fan, you were unable to participate in any F2F drops until you unloaded one of the two pairs in your account?
    The limit might've had more to do with F2F tickets vs. tickets acquired by other means (10C presale, Verified Fan, standard drops along the way, etc.), but wasn't sure. Hope my inquiry made sense.
    @SHZA would remember best but I think fan to fan was unlimited. Standards were not. So if a late drop happened and you already had 4 standards you could not purchase them. 
    I traded/swapped my 2020 shows like crazy in February 2020…the hours wasted were incredible.  I bet I traded and sold 10 pairs of tickets to STL, finally wound up with great seats around center ice…alas…would have been epic.  

If you want to go to a show, F2F and some good old fashioned elbow grease will get you in.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    scurtis said:

I have 2 reserved for Vegas both nights, and I am looking to sell for what I paid. I am looking for Wrigley N2 as well. 
    Got shut out for Vegas. Would love night 1. Thanks. 
    Gludfssr said:
    How can someone get 9 shows with 3 of them being the ones I requested as well, and I can’t even get 1 ticket to any of the 3 I requested. 
    Because the drawing was random, and no priorities were able to be assigned.
  • JR271857JR271857 Posts: 12
    Must be my lucky week - went 3/3

Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P2
    Baltimore - GA pit

I'm rationalizing that Baltimore is karma from 2020 not being rescheduled, and Philly for striking out on previous tours.  Hope F2F comes through for everyone - it worked great for me last year at St Paul.
  • I don't wanna be that guy lol, but I just spent ~15 mins digging thru the post from today trying to find a screen shot for seating chart with P1/P2 color coding for Sacramento... anyone have that handy?
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    San Antonio, Texas 11-16-2012 (EV)
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Austin, Texas 10-05-2014
    Austin, Texas 10-12-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington 08-10-2018
    Nashville, Tennessee 09-16-2022 
    Sacramento, California 05-13-2024
    New York, New York 09-03-2024
    New York, New York 09-04-2024
    Boston, Massachusetts 09-15-2024
    Boston, Massachusetts 09-17-2024
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    EBowie said:
    Seniority should matter.  Been in the fan club for 24 years.  I’m not saying there’s a perfect solution but seniority should most definitely matter.
    It does for seat placement, if they made it matter for getting select they wouldn't sell new memberships
    And as a 24 year member, I like the current way because I prefer GA over reserved, but if I do happen to get reserved, my seats are decent. 
  • Bill ABill A Posts: 5
    Scored Wrigley P1 but struck out in Philly. I live in PA and have seen them several times in PA, NJ and NY. I've been to Wrigley twice for baseball games (1× in the park & 1x on a rooftop) but never saw a concert there. Looking forward to a new experience!
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 754
    I struck out on two shows (selected all seating/GA options). My wife hit P2 for one show. I appreciate having the chance, and have had some luck in the past, so I suppose I was due for some poor luck.

That said, don’t want to take away from anyone’s excitement and a huge congrats to all the winners over the past few days!
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 
    No, it's not. There are plenty of examples of people here who got some of the tickets they requested, but not all of them.

Some people got everything they requested. Some people got some of what they requested. Some people got none of what they requested. This is exactly what you would expect from a random drawing.
    When there’s patterns it doesn’t seem like random. That’s all I’m saying. Too many people got both nights in a high demand city, while too many people got nothing. You have to admit that’s a fishy coincidence. Either way, you can’t argue this is a better system to get rid of the priority option. It allows for this to happen. 
    Humans tend to see patterns even in randomness. I think you're glossing over all of the people who have posted in this thread who have said that they got some of what they requested, but not all of what they requested. There's no fishy coincidence. There is a random distribution of outcomes.

Whether this system is better or worse is a separate topic that I was not opining on. I suspect that each system has its pluses and minuses.
    Would probably help if we had more data.  Like how many tix are available to begin with and what % of those tix are GA etc..  like is it 10% Ga, 60% P1, 30% P2.  Then you could calculate the different types of outcomes you would expect to see.  I think the only odd one that stood out to me was LA.  Didn’t see anyone report on getting GA one night and P1 or P2 the next.  Seemed like they were all reporting GA for both or P1 for both.  
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Gludfssr said:
    KJ228171 said:
    Soybeans said:
    burnspsu said:
    So far I'm 0 for 5.  This is a tough thread to be reading right now.  26 years of Ten Club..........
    This is my 30th year in 10c. I have been shut out of everything in the last 2 tours. Today, both me and my bud put in for Philly X 2 and MSG x 2. We got lucky on 1 order for MSG night 2.

So, 1 for 8 on the draw today. Please go back to money orders and shitty, non-TM venues.  

27 years. I just checked. This is the fourth tour I've been shut out of. I just canceled my auto-renewal. After the changes this year there's not even a free t-shirt. Congrats to those that it get tix.

I hear you. The membership doesn't even matter anymore. My number is 149xxx, but that doesn't mean jack shit in today's concert tour world for Pearl Jam. I got shut out for Vegas and Los Angeles, and I'm right here in fucking SCAL. Been a member since 1996, and I'm very angry and bitter right now. If only the mods and the members of PJ can read this message and understand how fucked this all is.
    Same,  been a member since 94 and I requested Vegas and Both LA shows.
    How can someone get 9 shows with 3 of them being the ones I requested as well, and I can’t even get 1 ticket to any of the 3 I requested. Not cool at all.

Did you put in for P2 for Vegas? Because hardly anyone posted that they got P2 (I did actually).
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    So…,,,are we at the point where they are figuring out how much they can charge for the inflated price tickets and then determine if they make more money that way or by releasing more 10C tix.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

No, it's random. In a random drawing, some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none. Whether you were selected for a specific show was independent of whether you were also selected for other shows.

Everyone had the same chance at each show they tried for. Some shows had more demand. I got all of my requests, but I also did not request the high-demand shows in New York, Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago, so my chances of getting all of my requests were better than people who did go for those shows.

There are likely also some people who chose not to put in for P2 for their shows, which meant that, if they got tickets, their seats would be better, but also meant that their chances of being shut out altogether were increased because they didn't have as many entries in the lottery.
    Some will get a lot, some will get a few, and some will get none, but the sizes of those groups should not be the same. A very lucky (or unlucky) few people should get a lot or none, while the vast majority of the entrants should have a mixed bag. Like if you flip a coin 10 times, very rarely would you get 10 heads or tails in a row 
    I think you will find, if you go back through this thread, that the vast majority of entrants got some (to coin a phrase), and did not get all or none (to coin a phrase). With respect to the coin analogy, the coin only has two possible outcomes of equal likelihood. This lottery may seem analogous, but it isn't as simple as "you get tickets or you don't" because the supply and demand is different for each show. Sacramento might be more likely to come up with all tails, MSG all heads and Portland somewhere in between.
    You say "yet" as if this outcome is unusual, but this is totally consistent with "some will get all, some will get some, some will get none." I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. I do sympathize with your bad luck today. I hope you have better luck on F2F, or in the general onsale if you go that route. 
    How is this system improved over the priority one? I can't think of any valid ways. 

With the priority system I could almost guarantee winning tickets for a show if I put a lower demand show first. If I put a high demand show first, I knew I was gambling, but was ok with that 
    Did I say it was an improvement? I have not given any opinion on that. I'm just telling you that it worked out the way it would be expected to work out. That ends up being a boon for some people and a bane for others. Whether that's better or worse than alternative distribution systems is a different question.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    southp said:
    30yr 10c member……

struck out 0 for 4 gm
    Ouch. That hurts. Back in 1996 you just mailed in your request card with a check and you got your tickets in the mail. Seems archaic but it worked. 

I’m also a 30 year+ member and I was 1 for 2. I got Fenway 2 and struck out on MSG 1. But to be honest that’s exactly what I wanted. 

Way too many members now to do index cards compared to 1996. 
    It worked back then because it was on a much smaller scale. And we could get only one pair of tix to that tour.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • wiscojamwiscojam Posts: 343
    EBowie said:
    It does for seat placement, if they made it matter for getting select they wouldn't sell new memberships
    100%
    Kevinman said:
    So…,,,are we at the point where they are figuring out how much they can charge for the inflated price tickets and then determine if they make more money that way or by releasing more 10C tix.
    No.
  • BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

Did I say it was an improvement? I have not given any opinion on that. I'm just telling you that it worked out the way it would be expected to work out. That ends up being a boon for some people and a bane for others. Whether that's better or worse than alternative distribution systems is a different question.
    It's definitely worse. I agree you'll have random combinations of results with this system, benefitting some and punishing others.
  • Went 2/4 Philly 2 and  Boston 1. Pretty stoked , looking forward to trying to fill my dance card on F2F good luck everyone!
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Third straight tour I bat .000

There's still a chance for general on-sale, F2F.   Might do PJ Premium if it's not too bad.  

No complaints from me.  It happens.   I've gotten awesome 10C seats in the past few decades (remember the index card days? lol).  Ive had awesome people here hook us up with great seats. 

I sincerely hope some fans got 10C seats to their very first PJ show.  That would be an awesome consolation for me.  
    Seattle 1 and 2 will be my 7yo daughter's first shows. We've been planning the trip since November. 

Means the world to me to have her experience such an important part of my youth, in Seattle no less. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to share this with her. 
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    All I know is when my membership number begins with 1, I think I should get GA for a show.  I got zero GA when I’m seeing other people scoring GA for multiple shows.  How is that fair?  I’ve been through all the different iterations of systems over the years and I’ve never gotten lucky with any of them.  It’s fair to have everyone get a shot at one GA show.  But what should not happen is someone getting multiple GA shows while others get zero.  If someone with less seniority than me is in the pit for 2 shows and I’m in for none, that tells me it’s a bad system.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

It's definitely worse. I agree you'll have random combinations of results with this system, benefitting some and punishing others.

There's no perfect system and some will gripe that the previous way was better and others this way was better.  Never going to satisfy anyone at any time.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited February 20
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 

I dont care how many times you do the lotto no one should ever win GA for for both Philly's and both Fenways on one account. The odds are insane for that to happen. 

Lets say there are 400 winners for GA for Philly. 800 person pit. Sure there are singles out there but lets ignore that as it really does not change things too much. 

Lets actually say only 5000 people put in for Philly GA/Res combo. I bet there were more. 

400/5000 

8% chance at getting GA for night 1. 

Now the odds of hitting night 2 as well with those same above numbers. 0.08 x 0.08 = 

0.64% chance at hitting night 1 and night 2 GA. 

But wait there is more they also hit both Fenways. I think the Fenway pit is larger than Phillies but not sure by how much.

Lets say its 1500 so 750 wins since they are pairs. Lets keep 5000 as the total for how many people put in again. 

750/5000= 0.15 

So that gives us 0.08 x 0.08 x 0.15 x 0.15= 0.000144 or 0.0144% odds. 

I was just talking with a friend and guess how many GA they got on one account. 9 pair out of 11 shows they put in for. 

Want to do the math on that?

• southpsouthp Posts: 293
    I’d like to see seniority used at least to get you one or two guaranteed show. 
    Something like this..
    30+ years guaranteed 3 shows
    20+ years 2 shows 
    10+ years 1 show 
  • PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    scurtis said:

100%. All or nothing. 

I dont care how many times you do the lotto no one should ever win GA for for both Philly's and both Fenways on one account. The odds are insane for that to happen. 

Lets say there are 400 winners for GA for Philly. 800 person pit. Sure there are singles out there but lets ignore that as it really does not change things too much. 

Lets actually say only 5000 people put in for Philly GA/Res combo. I bet there were more. 

400/5000 

8% chance at getting GA for night 1. 

Now the odds of hitting night 2 as well with those same above numbers. 0.08 x 0.08 = 

0.64% chance at hitting night 1 and night 2 GA. 

But wait there is more they also hit both Fenways. I think the Fenway pit is larger than Phillies but not sure by how much.

Lets say its 1500 so 750 wins since they are pairs. Lets keep 5000 as the total for how many people put in again. 

750/5000= 0.15 

So that gives us 0.08 x 0.08 x 0.15 x 0.15= 0.000144 or 0.0144% odds. 

I was just talking with a friend and guess how many GA they got on one account. 9 pair out of 11 shows they put in for. 

Want to do the math on that?

Pretty fking low