Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited February 17
    If we don't get our seat assignments before the public sale starts I'll be pissed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 716
    SE219519 said:
    Anybody did get seat instead of GA?
    Wondering the same. Seems to be a lot of GA.
  • LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 160
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    In the old days you had to get them at will call too. Now you can just post them on F2F. So as long as someone can take the credit card hit for a month or so, someone can realistically sign up for every show knowing they can dump whatever they don't want pretty easily. It was very apparent last year that was the case, as you'd see people who all of a sudden "couldn't make it" for a show they just put in for a few weeks before, and post them up to F2F as soon as that option opened. The by-product of this is that it pushes out others who actually want to go further back, or not getting picked at all. 
    Basically, the 10c tickets are now just a starting point and then you hit F2F to see if you can do better. Of the 6 pairs I won last tour, only my #6 pick were seats that didn't suck and/or I couldn't easily do better with 30 minutes of F5 on F2F.  It went from me being shutout in the lottery for two shows in South Carolina in 2016 to now pretty much getting picked for everything and not using what they are giving out.
    Which is why I think it's still worth doing the lottery. I want GA for the show I picked. If I don't get that, maybe I'll get seats I like. If not, I'll find better ones at the F2F and sell my 10 Club. 
    The people getting screwed with the no priority system are people in NYC, Philly, and Baltimore. I went from having 0% chance of getting those to the same as people who live beside the arenas who would have put them as #1 back in the day. I might have a 0.001% chance of getting GA for NYC, but....

Meme Maker - So youre saying there is a chance Meme Generator
    I kind of wish they'd do a zip code thing for shows like MSG or other tough tickets. I know PJ is a travel band, but I think it should be easier for someone who lives within a few miles to get to tickets than me in CA. 
    Would it help that much?  New York has almost 75% of the population of Canada within 100 miles of its city centre.   I think playing a bigger venue would help more :)
    A four hour drive from NYC yields the population of Canada plus Australia. And also Almost nearly doubles the population of California (closer to 1.5x).
    And you would still need to drive 2 more hours before you hit Syracuse but MSG is still our closest “local” show. New York is a big state beyond just NYC.

I’m just mentioning for a population comparison. So many shows in Cali, Vegas and AZ in recent years, but not many realize there is a much greater population density here on the east coast, despite California being the largest state. A land mass like that on the east coast would be at least double the Cali population

too bad we’d never get double the shows!
    This is an exaggeration. You'd have to combine the population of all the coastal states from New York down to Georgia (plus non-coastal states PA and WV) to get to double the population of California (NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, WV, VA, NC, SC and GA = 2xCA + ~3M). CA = ~ all six N.E. states plus NY and NJ. CA also = ~ MD, DE, WV, VA, NC, SC and GA combined.

They play a lot of shows in the West in part because they are from the West. The band is based in Seattle (duh, I know), but its members live primarily in or near Seattle, Los Angeles, Montana (and Hawai'i). 
    "So many shows in Vegas" 🤣 Last time they play Vegas was 2006 almost 18 years ago. Main reason I've travel all over the US to see them. You don't wait for Pearl Jam to come to you, You go to where they're playing. The days of long tours covering most every state are long gone. That's just the reality right now, at least the 2 show per city in major markets helps a little with travel cost. 
  • Lot of folks are having problems with Ticket Master and payments plus some banks have registered TM as fraudulent.
    Might be a good lesson for PJ not to team up with TM, the corporate greed company. PJ might lose some loyal fans because of this. 
    Such a shame that the band has become what they fought against.
    edited February 17
    Carmen-M said:
    Lot of folks are having problems with Ticket Master and payments plus some banks have registered TM as fraudulent.
    Might be a good lesson for PJ not to team up with TM, the corporate greed company. PJ might lose some loyal fans because of this. 

Where would PJ play if they weren't teamed up with TM? Dropping TM again would keep them out of almost every large venue in the world, lol. That's why they had to give up their fight against TM in the first place.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    edited February 17
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    In the old days you had to get them at will call too. Now you can just post them on F2F. So as long as someone can take the credit card hit for a month or so, someone can realistically sign up for every show knowing they can dump whatever they don't want pretty easily. It was very apparent last year that was the case, as you'd see people who all of a sudden "couldn't make it" for a show they just put in for a few weeks before, and post them up to F2F as soon as that option opened. The by-product of this is that it pushes out others who actually want to go further back, or not getting picked at all. 
    Basically, the 10c tickets are now just a starting point and then you hit F2F to see if you can do better. Of the 6 pairs I won last tour, only my #6 pick were seats that didn't suck and/or I couldn't easily do better with 30 minutes of F5 on F2F.  It went from me being shutout in the lottery for two shows in South Carolina in 2016 to now pretty much getting picked for everything and not using what they are giving out.
    Which is why I think it's still worth doing the lottery. I want GA for the show I picked. If I don't get that, maybe I'll get seats I like. If not, I'll find better ones at the F2F and sell my 10 Club. 
    The people getting screwed with the no priority system are people in NYC, Philly, and Baltimore. I went from having 0% chance of getting those to the same as people who live beside the arenas who would have put them as #1 back in the day. I might have a 0.001% chance of getting GA for NYC, but....

I kind of wish they'd do a zip code thing for shows like MSG or other tough tickets. I know PJ is a travel band, but I think it should be easier for someone who lives within a few miles to get to tickets than me in CA. 
    Would it help that much?  New York has almost 75% of the population of Canada within 100 miles of its city centre.   I think playing a bigger venue would help more :)
    A four hour drive from NYC yields the population of Canada plus Australia. And also Almost nearly doubles the population of California (closer to 1.5x).
    And you would still need to drive 2 more hours before you hit Syracuse but MSG is still our closest “local” show. New York is a big state beyond just NYC.

I’m just mentioning for a population comparison. So many shows in Cali, Vegas and AZ in recent years, but not many realize there is a much greater population density here on the east coast, despite California being the largest state. A land mass like that on the east coast would be at least double the Cali population

This is an exaggeration. You'd have to combine the population of all the coastal states from New York down to Georgia (plus non-coastal states PA and WV) to get to double the population of California (NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, WV, VA, NC, SC and GA = 2xCA + ~3M). CA = ~ all six N.E. states plus NY and NJ. CA also = ~ MD, DE, WV, VA, NC, SC and GA combined.

They play a lot of shows in the West in part because they are from the West. The band is based in Seattle (duh, I know), but its members live primarily in or near Seattle, Los Angeles, Montana (and Hawai'i). 

There’s 23 million in the extended NYC metropolitan area. Now add extended metro areas of Bos, Philly, Balt, DC, and you’re over 40 million. Now include all the points in between in a four hour drive, which even includes our beloved Syracuse, Hartford, Providence, Albany, You’re very close to sixty, and nowhere near Georgia. (Edit, the double comment was in reference to the land mass of Cali, overlay the square miles of Cali onto the east coast and you’re pretty darn close to 80 mil; a 4 hour drive from NYC is 60 mil)

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • See you on the 29th
    woohoooooooo
  • Woot!!!!!  Scored
    2x Berlin Night 1 GA
    2x Berlin Night 2 GA
    2x Barca Night 1 GA
    2x Barca Night 2 GA
    2x Auckland GA

May have to reduce my US requests. Best of luck to all 10c seeking tics.
    Lollapalooza Sep 8, '92 Phx AZ, Mesa Amphitheater Nov 7, 1993, Red Rocks Morrison, CO 1 June 19 1995, many others.....
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    On some of the more in-demand shows, is it better to submit for only 1 ticket instead of 2 or is it not going to impact my chances either way?

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    edited February 17
    jagerweis said:
    On some of the more in-demand shows, is it better to submit for only 1 ticket instead of 2 or is it not going to impact my chances either way?

For the west coast you may not need to as LA and other shows had alot of good options and a lot of premium tickets were downgraded to standard as the shows approached.

For the east shows it could help if there are singles available as the tickets are allocated. For a show like MSG or Phil probably doesn’t matter.  Fenway it may help. If going for a multi show city, you could try for one on N1 and two on N2.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    jagerweis said:

10C claims that it won't make any difference.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    Carmen-M said:
    You do realize they lost that fight right? They’ve been working with TM again since ‘98. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,908
    kmcmanus said:
    Carmen-M said:
    You do realize they lost that fight right? They’ve been working with TM again since ‘98. 
    If you can’t beat ‘em join em 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Ticketmaster have tried to take £318 for my London application but the payment didn’t go through for whatever reason. Will Ticketmaster request the funds again or do I need to contact Ticketmaster to sort?
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    Ticketmaster have tried to take £318 for my London application but the payment didn’t go through for whatever reason. Will Ticketmaster request the funds again or do I need to contact Ticketmaster to sort?
    I would contact bank or CC company and Ticketmaster
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:

There’s 23 million in the extended NYC metropolitan area. Now add extended metro areas of Bos, Philly, Balt, DC, and you’re over 40 million. Now include all the points in between in a four hour drive, which even includes our beloved Syracuse, Hartford, Providence, Albany, You’re very close to sixty, and nowhere near Georgia. (Edit, the double comment was in reference to the land mass of Cali, overlay the square miles of Cali onto the east coast and you’re pretty darn close to 80 mil; a 4 hour drive from NYC is 60 mil)

I think you're double-counting. For example, the extended D.C. metro area includes Baltimore, and vice versa.

I added the actual populations of the states. If you take all of New England plus New York and New Jersey, you get about 44 million. If you take all of the states on the eastern seaboard from New York south to Georgia, you get 71.8 million, which is still shy of twice California. Add Pennsylvania and you get to about 84.7 million.

If you laid California over the most populous segment of the eastern seaboard, it goes from northern New York to just a bit south of the Virginia-North Carolina border. It also would not include western New York or western Pennsylvania. You don't get anywhere near 80 million in any California-sized swath of the eastern seaboard.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • KJ228171KJ228171 Posts: 33
    PJ_Soul said:
    Carmen-M said:
    Lot of folks are having problems with Ticket Master and payments plus some banks have registered TM as fraudulent.

Where would PJ play if they weren't teamed up with TM? Dropping TM again would keep them out of almost every large venue in the world, lol. That's why they had to give up their fight against TM in the first place.

AXS (especially in Europe) and Seat Geek are options. Of course it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. They are all pretty much the sale.
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 651
    Dark Matter before commercial for NJ vs PHI! 
  • carbonezcarbonez Posts: 79
    jt1979 said:
    Front standing for London. Very happy.

carbonez said:
    jt1979 said:
    Front standing for London. Very happy.

So if you got "front standing" does that mean you got the GA for the Ten Club area at the very front??
    Does anyone have a image of what the front Standing area for London looks like for the ten club area?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    carbonez said:
    Does anyone have a image of what the front Standing area for London looks like for the ten club area?

• macataemacatae Posts: 73
    Totally pissed off with ticketmaster and this crap system 10C have handed over for them to manage.  My credit card was blocked and none of the TM requests were put through for both shows in Berlin and Barcelona so had to get my card unblocked but now probably have been removed from their request list. No email nothing and you try contacting the german and spanish sites before the deadline expires.  Registered again but Im not confident.    Not missed a Berlin show since 2010 so I am ecstatic with joy.
    Berlin 30/06/10, Amsterdam 26/06/12, Amsterdam 27/06/12, Berlin 4/07/12, Berlin 5/07/12 Brooklyn NYC 18/10/13, Brooklyn NYC 19/10/13, Philadelphia 21/10/13, Philadelphia 22/10/13, Amsterdam 16/06/14, Amsterdam 17/06/14, Vienna 25/06/14, Berlin 26/06/14, Amsterdam 12/06/18, Amsterdam 13/06/18, London 18/06/18, Prague 01/07/18, Berlin 05/07/18, Barcelona 10/07/18, Berlin 21/06/22, Zurich 23/06/22, Copenhagen 5/07/22, Budapest 12/07/22, Amsterdam 25/07/22
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    macatae said:
    Totally pissed off with ticketmaster and this crap system 10C have handed over for them to manage.  My credit card was blocked and none of the TM requests were put through for both shows in Berlin and Barcelona so had to get my card unblocked but now probably have been removed from their request list. No email nothing and you try contacting the german and spanish sites before the deadline expires.  Registered again but Im not confident.    Not missed a Berlin show since 2010 so I am ecstatic with joy.
    There was a message from Tenclub in response to someone in the same situation. Sounded like they would run CC again. If you contacted your bank/CC and informed them, you may get the tickets you won in lotto. Think you can find some talk about this in the results thread. Hope it works out for you.
  • enddemenddem Posts: 72
    Ok so (and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...) I'm a new 10c member and requested Portland. Any ballpark guesses on chances I at least get in? Not holding my breath for GA, though I did request it; will be happy just to get in the door.
    edited February 18
    enddem said:
    Ok so (and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere...) I'm a new 10c member and requested Portland. Any ballpark guesses on chances I at least get in? Not holding my breath for GA, though I did request it; will be happy just to get in the door.
    (total available 10c seats)/(total requests) 

No one here knows either the numerator or denominator, so it's anyone's guess. Good luck! 🤞🤞
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
    edited February 18

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 756
    @enddem not sure what demand will be this go round, but Portland seemed relatively easy to get in 2013, compared to some other North American cities at least. My pure guess is that you have a decent chance of at least getting in the building.
  • enddemenddem Posts: 72
    ST66483 said:
    @enddem not sure what demand will be this go round, but Portland seemed relatively easy to get in 2013, compared to some other North American cities at least. My pure guess is that you have a decent chance of at least getting in the building.
    Thanks (and to njhaley as well). Registered for the on-sale as well, so we'll see. 
  • DL236795DL236795 Gold Coast, Australia Posts: 38
    If there is a 2nd Syd or Melb show will there be a Tenclub presale or just open to public?
    Brisbane 1998 #1, Brisbane 2003 #1, #2, Brisbane 2006 #1, #2, Brisbane 2009, Gold Coast 2014