Options

Pearl Jam Vs Ames Bros: 13 Years Of Tour Posters

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    $200?! you got to be kidding me.

i agree...

200 bucks for a few extras and a number slapped on the book so you think your special

is the band desperate for money?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Get_Right wrote:
    go to barnes and noble and take a look at some of the prices on the art books

the book of garcia paintings was $500!

i know! not to be a complete nerd... but for a while i was looking at a star wars movie poster book that i really wanted, similar to what PJ is putting out which was close to $200 as well.

i just can't force myself to spend that kind of $ on a book. that $ can go to better use.
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam and Ames Bros announce the release of Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros: 13 Years of Tour Posters - a chronology of Pearl Jam's celebrated concert posters spanning 1995 to 2007. Opening with a written forward by Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament and introduction by the Ames Bros, the 264-page hard cover book features 229 posters designed by Ames Bros and Pearl Jam artist Brad Klausen.

Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros is available for pre-order today at http://www.pearljam.com and http://www.amesbros.com for $50.

A limited edition, signed and numbered copy of Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros is also available for pre-order today for $200 through Ames Bros and to current Ten Club members at http://www.pearljam.com.

For more detailed information please visit pearljam.com

lame
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    I'm laughing my ass off at all the people complaining about the s/h fees on the book. so fucking what if you need to spend $11.50 to have the book mailed to you. if you think it looks good, buy it and shut up!!

Thats funny, I remember once Pearl Jam "complaining", to congress as a matter of fact, about another company charging excessive service charges for a product that could only be bought from said company. Now I don't know about anyone else but I have never paid a 40% ticketmaster service charge on any tickets I have ever bought.

I know people will say if you don't want it then don't buy it. I won't, at least not from 10club if possible. I am just using this forum as a way to let the tenclub know why they are getting one less sale.
  • Options
    Couldnt resist ! I cant wait to get this :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    einatshaul wrote:
    I can't believe it actually costs them 40$ to ship over to Europe...
    What are you other Euros doing?

Just ordered the special edition, can't wait for it! I don't think $40 is that bad considering how heavy the book is going to be.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    This may be too obvious but...$200 is not outrageous if consumers are willing to spend that amount. I would like to be added to the short list of members in this thread that are grateful for the opportunity to collect the book.

Peace.
    give this a look: www.borgenproject.org
  • Options
    Um, wish I had the money right now to buy either edition...in particular the special edition, which doesn't seem priced out of line whatsoever...I know this is unrelated but when Chuck Palahniuk's new book came out this year, a special edition version (with not too many extras, if I recall) was in the neighboorhood of $150. People snapped them up. And that was a novel, not a book of art prints....Hopefully they still have some left by the time I scrape together some cash...
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    If you really want it, buy it. I can live without it. $200 (or $50 for that matter) for a book is outrageous to me. I just can't justify it. Some people can afford that kind of spending. Just make sure your priorities are in order and you aren't doing without anything that is a NECESSITY.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    gus stills wrote:
    Um, wish I had the money right now to buy either edition...in particular the special edition, which doesn't seem priced out of line whatsoever...I know this is unrelated but when Chuck Palahniuk's new book came out this year, a special edition version (with not too many extras, if I recall) was in the neighboorhood of $150. People snapped them up. And that was a novel, not a book of art prints....Hopefully they still have some left by the time I scrape together some cash...

Palahniuk! :D

ok, asked before, not answered yet -

will this book be available through retail or not?!!??!
    because i would love to have it, but i really can't afford either version right now. and even if i could, there's no fucking way i'd spend $40 on shipping.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    If you really want it, buy it. I can live without it. $200 (or $50 for that matter) for a book is outrageous to me. I just can't justify it. Some people can afford that kind of spending. Just make sure your priorities are in order and you aren't doing without anything that is a NECESSITY.

Gee thanks dad...its all explained at the bottom of your bio..."red sox nation"...how much would you spend on world series tix???
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Gee thanks dad...its all explained at the bottom of your bio..."red sox nation"...how much would you spend on world series tix???
    Probably about the same price that they're asking for a book. Look, I'm not telling people not to buy this thing, noob. I'm just giving some advice to make sure that they can actually afford it. Chill...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Probably about the same price that they're asking for a book. Look, I'm not telling people not to buy this thing, noob. I'm just giving some advice to make sure that they can actually afford it. Chill...

chill is my middle name...im willing to give people on the board the benefit of the doubt and think they realize not to buy a book if they havent eaten in the last week.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    jesus christ $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and $40 shipping for a book of pictures that would take over a month for me to get
    screw that
    i dont care how good it is i cant see anyone being able to afford that
    :(
    this is why there is a $50 version :)

i panicked and bought 3 x $200 copies :o
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    This is my "fuzzy" math:

$50 for the book
    $50 for Barry Ament art print
    $50 for Colby Schultz art print
    $50 for Brad Klausen art print

All the other extras are just gravy.

Worth the $200. No brainer.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i know! not to be a complete nerd... but for a while i was looking at a star wars movie poster book that i really wanted, similar to what PJ is putting out which was close to $200 as well.

i just can't force myself to spend that kind of $ on a book. that $ can go to better use.

i got that star wars poster book, i think it was only like $50, unless you know of a better one, if so please let me know, i want it
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    kj1nyr wrote:
    This is my "fuzzy" math:

$50 for the book
    $50 for Barry Ament art print
    $50 for Colby Schultz art print
    $50 for Brad Klausen art print

All the other extras are just gravy.

Worth the $200. No brainer.

Peace,
    KJ

exactly my thoughts
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Very good question... Its a lot more likely than the ones the 10C are selling...

Special Edition
    PJ Vs AB Book (Special Edition)

Includes: a Certificate of Authenticity page, 32 bonus pages featuring original poster art, eight special “scientific” mylar overlays, and three exclusive silk-screened art prints.

$200.00 (U.S. Funds)
    Signed and numbered of 2600

Will ship after December 1. Christmas delivery not guaranteed, but we're going to give it our best shot.

looks like they are taking coordinating orders with the tenclub
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    just got mine for 200, i went to it intending to buy it for 40 but when it said 200 i figured since i got free tix to david letterman from the club I owed them the 200 but it is a little high for a book
    Drop The Leash!
  • Options
    Just picked up the Ltd. Edition copy, it will be a while before the band is back down here again so what the hell life's too short.
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    nice item if you can afford it. Would be cool to look through but dont think I will bother about buying it.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Im gonna go with the regular version.
  • Options
    Lsk6453 wrote:
    $40 shipping!

That takes the cake, really..

for overseashipping....that will make 90 $...that's really hard.
    Why aren't the new hoodies in the good section??? They will keep me warm in a cold winter...
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    This will be the 1st coffee table book in my new home.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    $50 for an Art book is VERY reasonable..they cost a lot more (colour, thicker paper) to make than regular books.
    $200 on the other hand, not for me (don't care about signatures and unless I can see the posters, don't care about that either, don't like Ames ones anyway in general)

The shipping for overseas seems too much, though I don't think it's got anything to do with 10c.
    Don't think 10c is ever even going to touch the books, seeing as it's exactly the same price at amesbros.com, I think THEY are shipping, and slapping the postage price (btw, it says there they send insured overseas, which doesn't help on cost...mmm, actually looked at Royal Mail and counting 1.5-2Kg, which is not unreasonable for a book like that, it comes up about the same :()

I would like to know if the book will be available from normal bookshop because it sure will be cheaper for us overseas!

and whilst in the UK there's no VAT on books, other countries have it and will be slapped with a hefty custom charge as well.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    $50 for an Art book is VERY reasonable..they cost a lot more (colour, thicker paper) to make than regular books.
    $200 on the other hand, not for me (don't care about signatures and unless I can see the posters, don't care about that either, don't like Ames ones anyway in general)

The shipping for overseas seems too much, though I don't think it's got anything to do with 10c.
    Don't think 10c is ever even going to touch the books, seeing as it's exactly the same price at amesbros.com, I think THEY are shipping, and slapping the postage price (btw, it says there they send insured overseas, which doesn't help on cost...mmm, actually looked at Royal Mail and counting 1.5-2Kg, which is not unreasonable for a book like that, it comes up about the same :()

I would like to know if the book will be available from normal bookshop because it sure will be cheaper for us overseas!

and whilst in the UK there's no VAT on books, other countries have it and will be slapped with a hefty custom charge as well.

I'd like to get the regular version. Probably from Santa Clause.
    I don't like how the shipping costs nearly as much as the book.

How can we find out if the book will be available to buy in Europe??

The regular version doesn't seem to be limited but I'd like to be sure so I won't miss out.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Hey why don't we just make a mortage payment for one of the guys in the band while we are at it.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    I just ordered the limited addition and the shipping charge within the states was 13.50. Where did the 40 shipping charge come from??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Bird888 wrote:
    I just ordered the limited addition and the shipping charge within the states was 13.50. Where did the 40 shipping charge come from??

$40 is for outside US and Canada.

Its actually more than $40 for the limited version!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Chill.

If you don't want it, don't buy the fucker.