The "Official" Indy/Noblesville 2024 Thread - August 26!

Comments

• KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:
    It seems that Aug 26 is shaping up to be the date.. anyone heard any other news for the Indy show?
    Seriously?  They are going to make up for a show, by rescheduling it a year later on a freaking Monday??  Jesus Jones, these guys just can't stop screwing people over.

On another note, I thought I read we can get a refund on the tickets we bought 2 years ago.  Anyone know what the process is for this?  I don't think I'm going to blow 2 days off and another grand to see them play 20 songs, especially if it remains at this outdoor venue that apparently is a nightmare to get in and out of and has nothing around it for entertainment.  Its literally nowhere near Indy.
    what tickets did you buy two years ago?
    I mean by the time the show actually happens it will a year and a half, but whatever.  People seem to enjoy getting whizzed on.  I honestly don't care if they had to postpone the show because of an illness.  That stuff happens, but waiting like 6 hours before the show to do so was a bit ridiculous.  Then not making it a priority to reschedule that show first before scheduling a bunch of other shows it pretty out of touch.  Then if its going to be rescheduled a full calendar year later on a Monday night, that's just another kick in the pants.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to get a refund, that would be cool.  Otherwise, I'm sure their new lovers over at Ticketmaster will gladly take them back and resell them with more fees and another upcharge.  
    We can’t change the situation so we may as well make the best of it. I’m sure Ticketmaster can help you get a refund, otherwise you won’t have a problem on f2f once that opens back up 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • It is a valid point that it’s rude of them to put it on a Monday if that’s in fact what’s happening when it was originally a Sunday.  Yes eventually TM will provide a refund but the gripe is legit.  At the end of the day it’s a business and they are trying to maximize profits.  They know if someone returns a ticket they’ll resell it in minutes.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RP123663 said:
    It seems that Aug 26 is shaping up to be the date.. anyone heard any other news for the Indy show?
    Seriously?  They are going to make up for a show, by rescheduling it a year later on a freaking Monday??  Jesus Jones, these guys just can't stop screwing people over.

On another note, I thought I read we can get a refund on the tickets we bought 2 years ago.  Anyone know what the process is for this?  I don't think I'm going to blow 2 days off and another grand to see them play 20 songs, especially if it remains at this outdoor venue that apparently is a nightmare to get in and out of and has nothing around it for entertainment.  Its literally nowhere near Indy.
    It literally is near Indy. Getting in is fine...getting out can be a fight just like anywhere else.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

I mean by the time the show actually happens it will a year and a half, but whatever.  People seem to enjoy getting whizzed on.  I honestly don't care if they had to postpone the show because of an illness.  That stuff happens, but waiting like 6 hours before the show to do so was a bit ridiculous.  Then not making it a priority to reschedule that show first before scheduling a bunch of other shows it pretty out of touch.  Then if its going to be rescheduled a full calendar year later on a Monday night, that's just another kick in the pants.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to get a refund, that would be cool.  Otherwise, I'm sure their new lovers over at Ticketmaster will gladly take them back and resell them with more fees and another upcharge.  
    lol...damn dude

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude
    You'll have at least 4-6 months to plan for a Monday show. What tix did you buy 2 years ago? You should be able to go into your tm app and request the refund.
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • Jadler said:
    Hankj25 said:
    FWIW, I had deck passes for Indy.  A colleague of mine bought the 2023 season Ruoff pass and gave me the PJ tix.  

He reached out to his contact in group/premium sales for Ruoff and just asked about the possibility of a reschedule date being announced.  His contact told him that they are hoping to get it rescheduled but do not have anything locked down.  Also said that they are about 90% booked for next year already.  

So this isn’t a whole lot of new data, but just thought it was relevant.

Can’t say I love this news, but thanks for the update! 
    I don't like the thought of 90% of dates already booked and PJ doesn't have one locked in..  :s
    I bet they have a pending date reserved though. They only show 8 bookings on their website...if they are 90% booked then there are a ton of reserved spots that haven't been announced yet
    These live nation venues typically have 25/35 shows a year over a four month span.  There’s Plenty of dates to put in a show. 
    However, the people booking dates are on the weekend (Thursday-Sunday). PJ sold out so there may not a lot of incentive for live nation to hand out a weekend date if they don’t have to and can give it to a show that would benefit on a weekend date. 

For example, disturbed’s hometown show in Chicago (tinley park) was on a Wednesday and they wrapped up the tour a few days later in Michigan and Indy on the weekend. Why give up a Saturday night show for a hometown sellout?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,917
    edited December 2023
    Just remember which of the hotels allowed cancellation without penalty when 9.10.22 was cancelled.  Hint:  it wasn’t the Wyndham.  
    Nor was it embassy suites lol. I'd say that I'll never stay there again but I'd be lying... Love their free breakfast 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • RP123663 said:

It literally is near Indy. Getting in is fine...getting out can be a fight just like anywhere else.
    Near as in a 40 minute drive.  Its in the middle of nowhere with just a couple hotels nearby.  Just an odd spot for a large venue.
  • RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude
    You'll have at least 4-6 months to plan for a Monday show. What tix did you buy 2 years ago? You should be able to go into your tm app and request the refund.
    I don't see an option on the app or the site to get a refund.  Probably because there still is no date and it is listed as postponed.  They should have just cleared the slate, refunded everyone and reschedule it when they get around to it.  It was obviously not a priority to reschedule.  

The issue isn't the money for me, although I did come out about $700 in the hole traveling and staying in Indy for the show to be cancelled.  The issue is I don't feel like blowing 2 more days off if it's scheduled on a Monday (I live in Michigan). At some point there is a breaking point for everything.  I have a hard time justifying (between the 2 dates) taking 3 days off work, spending a couple grand to see them play 20 songs at another outdoor venue in the middle of nowhere.
    RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude
    I don't see an option on the app or the site to get a refund.  Probably because there still is no date and it is listed as postponed.  They should have just cleared the slate, refunded everyone and reschedule it when they get around to it.  It was obviously not a priority to reschedule.  

The issue isn't the money for me, although I did come out about $700 in the hole traveling and staying in Indy for the show to be cancelled.  The issue is I don't feel like blowing 2 more days off if it's scheduled on a Monday (I live in Michigan). At some point there is a breaking point for everything.  I have a hard time justifying (between the 2 dates) taking 3 days off work, spending a couple grand to see them play 20 songs at another outdoor venue in the middle of nowhere.
    Theres almost 200k people between Fishers and Noblesville where the venue is and a major city 30 minutes away. Everything was built up around the venue. Its not really the middle of nowhere. You will have access to a refund soon enough I hope. Hopefully in a month or two when they announce the tour 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762
    edited December 2023
    RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude

They should not have just pulled the plug on it. There are quite a few of us that are extremely glad that they didn't cancel the show and refund people. We have tickets to a show, and won't have to worry about entering a lottery again. Just like the 2020 shows when COVID caused the postponement of shows, as soon as the new date is announced, there will be an option to get a refund or resell them if you don't want to go to the new date. 
  • RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude

They should not have just pulled the plug on it. There are quite a few of us that are extremely glad that they didn't cancel the show and refund people. We have tickets to a show, and won't have to worry about entering a lottery again. Just like the 2020 shows when COVID caused the postponement of shows, as soon as the new date is announced, there will be an option to get a refund or resell them if you don't want to go to the new date. 
    This ^
    I'm thrilled that they didn't refund the tickets, and intend to attend this show whenever it is rescheduled, and am relieved that it's one less show that I will have to deal with via lottery.

This is what they said back in Sept:

Pearl Jam's concert at Ruoff Music Center tonight (Sunday, September 10) has been postponed due to illness. The band is deeply sorry, and thinking about all those who travel to shows, as well as the great crowd in Indy. It’s obviously serious, and we wish there was another way around it.

Again we apologize, and thanks so much for your understanding.
    It’s not easy...   

Tickets will be honored for a future, rescheduled date. Ticket holders who cannot make the new show will be eligible for a refund. 

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    Appreciate another opportunity at Noblesville.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude

This ^
    I'm thrilled that they didn't refund the tickets, and intend to attend this show whenever it is rescheduled, and am relieved that it's one less show that I will have to deal with via lottery.

Pearl Jam's concert at Ruoff Music Center tonight (Sunday, September 10) has been postponed due to illness. The band is deeply sorry, and thinking about all those who travel to shows, as well as the great crowd in Indy. It’s obviously serious, and we wish there was another way around it.

It’s not easy...   

Tickets will be honored for a future, rescheduled date. Ticket holders who cannot make the new show will be eligible for a refund. 

Especially since it was such a tough ticket to get. I couldn't imagine doing that again so soon 
  • I can't remember how it worked when the shows got cancelled for COVID.   Will they do another lottery for tickets or will they just post the tickets that get refunded for those that can't make it 
  • scootiep7 said:
    I can't remember how it worked when the shows got cancelled for COVID.   Will they do another lottery for tickets or will they just post the tickets that get refunded for those that can't make it 
    They did another lottery, but keep in mind that was for multiple shows and there were lots of returns.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

scootiep7 said:
    I can't remember how it worked when the shows got cancelled for COVID.   Will they do another lottery for tickets or will they just post the tickets that get refunded for those that can't make it 
    They did another lottery, but keep in mind that was for multiple shows and there were lots of returns.  
    yeah I think this will be different. Just same tickets apply 
  • Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude

This ^

It’s not easy...   

Especially since it was such a tough ticket to get. I couldn't imagine doing that again so soon 
    Exactly. I will now have to hope for luck in the Baltimore lottery. Hopefully, it won't be as difficult as it was in 2020, I spent days on the f2f marketplace trying to upgrade our 2 singles in different rows to a pair.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:
    Kwieneke said:
    RP123663 said:

lol...damn dude

so don't...who cares?

• cifrancgxcifrancgx Posts: 350
    I have tickets to Indy and hadn't checked Ticketmasters site in a while.  I noticed that it says "POSTPONED: DATE ANNOUNCED SOON" has that always been there since they postponed it?
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,917
    edited January 6
    RP123663 said:
    RP123663 said:

Near as in a 40 minute drive.  It’s in the middle of nowhere with just a couple hotels nearby.  Just an odd spot for a large venue.
    It's very common for a large amphitheater to be a bit of a drive from the city it's connected to, for the simple fact that most cities don't have space to build a facility with a massive lawn area. Arenas are usually downtown because much of the space is vertical so it can fit in a city block 
    cifrancgx said:
    I have tickets to Indy and hadn't checked Ticketmasters site in a while.  I noticed that it says "POSTPONED: DATE ANNOUNCED SOON" has that always been there since they postponed it?
    Yup.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,948
    100 Pacer said:
    cifrancgx said:
    Yup.
    Just to add, the 2020 tickets said that for over 2 years.  

• BUMP for a new album and a rescheduled date! I think we will know by the middle of February on the date
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • BUMP for a new album and a rescheduled date! I think we will know by the middle of February on the date
    It rumored that the tour announcement is coming 2/13. Hoping that it may be sooner than then, espcially since there is that listening party scheduled for 1/31.

There are rumblings that the expected Indy date of 8/26 might be off slightly by a day or two per some posts on FB and in the tour rumor thread. We've waited this long, I guess I can make it another few weeks. 

• KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Booked a room in Noblesville for 8/26 just in case that date stands. Hope to find out soon. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,762
    KC138045 said:
    Booked a room in Noblesville for 8/26 just in case that date stands. Hope to find out soon. 
    Back when the rumored dates were starting to get some traction I made 2 separate one night reservations, one for the 26th and one for the 27th. I wish it was on a weekend like the original show, but I just feel fortunate that they postponed it and didn't cancel it. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,948
    KC138045 said:
    Back when the rumored dates were starting to get some traction I made 2 separate one night reservations, one for the 26th and one for the 27th. I wish it was on a weekend like the original show, but I just feel fortunate that they postponed it and didn't cancel it. 
    Same and I grabbed the 24th as well just in case.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    I don't see them doing Indy on the 27th and Wrigley on the 29th. Seems too close for their pattern they are touring now. Also the 24th seems like too much of a gap. I guess if they were forced to due to a scheduling conflict with another band but I would be surprised if some other band got in on a Monday already for Indy before PJ did. They had this tour booked in October of last year and someone else now wants that date and bumps PJ? Can't see it happening. 

There are very few Monday shows at that venue too over the years. They had zero last year. It really is hard to see them having a conflict on a Monday. Then again maybe I am wrong. We shall see soon. 
    PJNB said:
    I don't see them doing Indy on the 27th and Wrigley on the 29th. Seems too close for their pattern they are touring now. Also the 24th seems like too much of a gap. I guess if they were forced to due to a scheduling conflict with another band but I would be surprised if some other band got in on a Monday already for Indy before PJ did. They had this tour booked in October of last year and someone else now wants that date and bumps PJ? Can't see it happening. 

There are very few Monday shows at that venue too over the years. They had zero last year. It really is hard to see them having a conflict on a Monday. Then again maybe I am wrong. We shall see soon. 
    💯