The "Official" Indy/Noblesville 2024 Thread - August 26!

Comments

• Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    FWIW, Bruce just canceled the remaining shows this year and said they’ll have rescheduled dates all at the same venues announced in a couple of weeks…

it can be done…
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Was too devastated the day of to go sit in the merch line after we got the news. Loved the racing flag so after a couple weeks of working through the news decided I’d pony up and get one for the garage on Ebay. Ordered one, and over a week later find out that the package was essentially broken into and contents stolen at the post office. To make matters worse, I got a new debit card a few days after the purchase because mine was set to expire, and now the refund has gone to the old card which is no longer valid. Evidently, this show & its merch was really not meant to be for me LOL 😵‍💫
  • Jadler said:
    Was too devastated the day of to go sit in the merch line after we got the news. Loved the racing flag so after a couple weeks of working through the news decided I’d pony up and get one for the garage on Ebay. Ordered one, and over a week later find out that the package was essentially broken into and contents stolen at the post office. To make matters worse, I got a new debit card a few days after the purchase because mine was set to expire, and now the refund has gone to the old card which is no longer valid. Evidently, this show & its merch was really not meant to be for me LOL 😵‍💫
    Hate to hear that! Hopefully they announce Indy on this upcoming tour and you can land some cool shit plus see the show
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • ddeschler said:
    Did anyone at the Wyndham Noblesville have any luck with a refund or credit (partial or full)?  If so, how did you go about it?  They weren't interested in hearing about my sad little canceled concert. 
    I called them as soon as I heard, which was probably around 2 hours before I could even check in. They weren't interested in considering a refund (which I didn't really expect) or a credit towards a future stay, which surprised me. I will remember this when it comes time to book a hotel for the rescheduled date.

I don't know what there cancellation policy is, but I knew going in (at the Quality Inn) that I had to cancel within 24 hours of the check in time to not get charged. It was clearly stated when I booked the room. I didn't expect special treatment due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the hotel. The Quality Inn people were nice though, they felt bad for everyone there. We did get a discount which equaled about $50 off. They didn't have to do that. Would 100% book there again.  Sucks that the Wyndham couldn't do anything for you.
    Our deadline for cancelling was the day before also, so with it happening the same day, I pretty much knew we were going to have to pay for the room. I did think that based on the circumstances, with the event being postponed, they might consider giving us a credit towards a future stay. It is what it is at this point.  
    I'm right there with you 100%.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    The Boss announced his canceled Canadian dates today, all rescheduled for fall 2024.  Amazing that it can be done…
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    edited October 2023
    as bummed as I am about Indy I wish people would let it go for the time being. We know it will be rescheduled at this point but it’ll be part of a bigger tour that probably has not been finalized. Why does everyone need to know the date today? 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    Didn't the venue supposedly say May?
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    If the rumors are true of east coast tour in March, Europe in June and west coast in September I'm not sure when they would squeeze this in?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    Hankj25 said:
    The Boss announced his canceled Canadian dates today, all rescheduled for fall 2024.  Amazing that it can be done…

The wife and I were thinking of doing both those Toronto dates. Just waiting from Pearl Jam now. 

• Kwieneke said:
    as bummed as I am about Indy I wish people would let it go for the time being. We know it will be rescheduled at this point but it’ll be part of a bigger tour that probably has not been finalized. Why does everyone need to know the date today? 

Why let it go? They take for fucking ever to announce anything so keeping these threads alive (maybe) makes the band realize we need closure after being so thoroughly gutted, to use the parlance of our times.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2023
    Kwieneke said:

Why let it go? They take for fucking ever to announce anything so keeping these threads alive (maybe) makes the band realize we need closure after being so thoroughly gutted, to use the parlance of our times.
    Agreed. Once they have most of the other stuff in ink they can announce the make up date early. This allows people who can't make the new date refunds and then the extra tickets can go back to 10c lottery and/or public on-sale. 

It is reasonable and makes logistical sense to announce a makenup date first to allow the refund window before the 10c lottery
  • demetrios said:
    Hankj25 said:

The wife and I were thinking of doing both those Toronto dates. Just waiting from Pearl Jam now. 

If only the Toronto shows were a week later, I could see Bruce then Taylor.
    Ruoff announcing concert after concert today. Let’s go PJ! 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    Jadler said:
    I keep their post notifications on so I stay ready lol. 3 or 4 today 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    Kwieneke said:
    Jadler said:
    I keep their post notifications on so I stay ready lol. 3 or 4 today 
    Likewise!!
  • cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
    edited November 2023
    I'm hearing May for the Indy reschedule show.. per a FB post from a conversation with a Live Nation employee  =)
    Constant recoil
    🙏
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    The venue mentioned a date in May shortly after the postponement, or was it the next day, so it could just be a placeholder. 60 days after the postponement looks to be next week so the refund window opens with ideally a new date too.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    The venue mentioned a date in May shortly after the postponement, or was it the next day, so it could just be a placeholder. 60 days after the postponement looks to be next week so the refund window opens with ideally a new date too.
    I know they almost never announce tour dates on the 10th in the newsletter, but I could see them announcing the Indy reschedule this time around as it’s pretty much right on the day the refund window opens. Then something like “make sure your memberships are up to date” with a full tour announcement happening in December. 
  • I have said before, I would love May, my chance to get a birthday show. And then someone said it may not be warm enough yet. Fingers crossed. I hope we won't have to factor in tickets in the run-up to Christmas, though...
  • dcp3ydcp3y Posts: 820
    Hoping Josh can master B.O’B surf guitar part from Gremmie…need that on the setlist as a tip of the hat to the original show poster.  Cowabunga…bring out the weird stuff or play the new album front to back.  🤞🏻 Would be very appreciated to have an awesome setlist for those of us who will have travelled there twice.  One can dream…
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    How about first crack at other tour dates when they are announced.  Having paid for a hotel and flight to basically go to Indy for dinner for two nights, it would be a nice gesture.  Some of us may not be able to drop another $500-$1000 to go back to Indy.
  • ckravitz said:
    How about first crack at other tour dates when they are announced.  Having paid for a hotel and flight to basically go to Indy for dinner for two nights, it would be a nice gesture.  Some of us may not be able to drop another $500-$1000 to go back to Indy.
    I think there will be dates much closer to you in 2024. My guess is the May timeframe is correct for Indy but I doubt they have a solid date yet. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ckravitz said:
    You’re not wrong to suggest this.  History says there’s no chance it will happen.  Baltimore, Las Vegas, Sacramento, whatever the Carolina debacle was, and I’m sure there are lots of other examples too.  At least in the case of Indy the show is going to eventually happen.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    FWIW, I had deck passes for Indy.  A colleague of mine bought the 2023 season Ruoff pass and gave me the PJ tix.  

He reached out to his contact in group/premium sales for Ruoff and just asked about the possibility of a reschedule date being announced.  His contact told him that they are hoping to get it rescheduled but do not have anything locked down.  Also said that they are about 90% booked for next year already.  

So this isn’t a whole lot of new data, but just thought it was relevant.

Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
    Hankj25 said:
    FWIW, I had deck passes for Indy.  A colleague of mine bought the 2023 season Ruoff pass and gave me the PJ tix.  

He reached out to his contact in group/premium sales for Ruoff and just asked about the possibility of a reschedule date being announced.  His contact told him that they are hoping to get it rescheduled but do not have anything locked down.  Also said that they are about 90% booked for next year already.  

Can’t say I love this news, but thanks for the update! 
  • Kind of crazy how this band seems to wait until the last possible moment to book.  Excruciating, lol. 
  • cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
    edited November 2023
    Jadler said:
    Hankj25 said:

I don't like the thought of 90% of dates already booked and PJ doesn't have one locked in..  :s
    Constant recoil
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    edited November 2023
    Jadler said:
    Hankj25 said:

I don't like the thought of 90% of dates already booked and PJ doesn't have one locked in..  :s
    I bet they have a pending date reserved though. They only show 8 bookings on their website...if they are 90% booked then there are a ton of reserved spots that haven't been announced yet
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana