The "Official" Indy/Noblesville 2024 Thread - August 26!

cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
edited February 13 in The Porch
Let's hope we hear something official sooner than later. Jeff hinted on instg PJ would see Indy next year.
"And the young, they can lose hope
'Cause they can't see beyond today
The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
Constant recoil
Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Post edited by cmikehelton on

Comments

• We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 585
    edited September 2023
    In.

The college friends that I stayed with for this year's show will probably have moved out of Indiana by the time the show is rescheduled, but I will be at the new show regardless. Can't fucking wait.

As soon as I land. I'm going to Four Day Ray's and having a chicken & waffles sandwich. It was so good last week I would have married it if I could have lol.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Jeffs post was awesome. I’m glad he mentioned Indy. I’m still going with an Oceans opener. See ya all there in 2024! 
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Hoping and waiting impatiently. Indy was supposed to be our little surprise first PJ show for our nephew, and we will stick with our tickets to still make it happen. Someone in another thread said they would prefer it being sooner rather than later because if it was part of a tour for a new album we may not get the special setlist we were hoping for. And man, I hope that will not be the case.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    I will say, when they come back I won’t hesitate to stay at the Hyatt Place in Fishers again. Thought the hotel staff was great and very accommodating to us considering the circumstance! 
  • The weekend of Indy I was supposed to also see GNR in St Louis.  That show was postponed at the time, and cancelled today.  Good to see Jeff confirm PJ is committed to rescheduling.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Jadler said:
    I will say, when they come back I won’t hesitate to stay at the Hyatt Place in Fishers again. Thought the hotel staff was great and very accommodating to us considering the circumstance! 
    The bar there was a nice place to drown my sorrows with fellow jammers. I liked the area too so I’ll see you there next summer!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    jrfigg said:
    Jadler said:
    The bar there was a nice place to drown my sorrows with fellow jammers. I liked the area too so I’ll see you there next summer!
    See you there! This time for a celebratory cheers instead!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,234
    May. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,184
    Yeah... I'm in for this thread.

Hopefully, they still do a similar setlist they were planning for us, but as long as they make it here, I will be fine with anything.
    I've been traveling to shows for so long, that I need a home show.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • JojoRice said:
    May. 
    May would be nice! I don't really wanna wait for a late summer show for this reschedule.. but as long as they do it, I'll be fine
    Constant recoil
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl Posts: 10,787
    I couldn't make the original date, but once F2F opens up I should be in.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,234
    JojoRice said:
    May. 
    May would be nice! I don't really wanna wait for a late summer show for this reschedule.. but as long as they do it, I'll be fine
    Shortly after the cancellation, the venue said on their FB account that it will be in May.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    May. 
    Shortly after the cancellation, the venue said on their FB account that it will be in May.  
    i didnt see may but they definitely said 2024. do we have a screenshot? Im super curious now 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • GlowGirl said:
    I couldn't make the original date, but once F2F opens up I should be in.
    We are probably out on return show, we've seen Indy enough our last two visits there that another cancellatuon would piss me off.  Happy to contact about F2F if you want when they get their dates set.

💯 only traveling to see old person bands where I'm content doing other stuff if they cancel.  :lol:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Did anyone at the Wyndham Noblesville have any luck with a refund or credit (partial or full)?  If so, how did you go about it?  They weren't interested in hearing about my sad little canceled concert. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • I asked them but they wouldn't even allow late check out or early check in.  They were full and counting that money.
  • (We would have stayed downtown)
  • ddeschler said:
    Did anyone at the Wyndham Noblesville have any luck with a refund or credit (partial or full)?  If so, how did you go about it?  They weren't interested in hearing about my sad little canceled concert. 
    I was already there and checking in when I got the news. We just stayed and made a night of it with dinner and a few drinks. Someone in front of me at the counter was trying to cancel but the hotel wasnt having it. I don't think they were able from what I overheard
    Constant recoil
  • Kwieneke said:
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    May. 
    i didnt see may but they definitely said 2024. do we have a screenshot? Im super curious now 
    I never saw May.. only something saying see you in 2024
    Constant recoil
  • ddeschler said:
    Did anyone at the Wyndham Noblesville have any luck with a refund or credit (partial or full)?  If so, how did you go about it?  They weren't interested in hearing about my sad little canceled concert. 
    I called them as soon as I heard, which was probably around 2 hours before I could even check in. They weren't interested in considering a refund (which I didn't really expect) or a credit towards a future stay, which surprised me. I will remember this when it comes time to book a hotel for the rescheduled date.
  • Yeah, me too.  I'll be staying anywhere but there for the reschedule.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • ddeschler said:
    Yeah, me too.  I'll be staying anywhere but there for the reschedule.
    Yep. Fuck that place. Unfortunately, it will still sell out most likely.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • My wife and I, and about a dozen other fans stayed at the Quality Inn on Dragonfly Lane. They couldn't do refunds but they did knock about $50 off the price. They were nice people and we would stay there again.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• It’s a good thing there’s this unofficial thread because the official one was closed! 

Shout out to Holiday Inn Express for how they managed the situation.  I know where I’m booking next time.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ddeschler said:
    No refund. Opened cc dispute. Don’t expect to win but worth a shot. Wyndham policy is BS. 
  • ddeschler said:
    No refund. Opened cc dispute. Don’t expect to win but worth a shot. Wyndham policy is BS. 
    It does really suck. I can see if they were sold out and you left them with an empty room but we know if they were sold out your room would get filled no problem. They are out exactly $0 for you deciding not to stay.

Total bullshit.

Now...if you locked in a lower price based on "no cancellation" then they've got you. Still BS though.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ddeschler said:
    I called them as soon as I heard, which was probably around 2 hours before I could even check in. They weren't interested in considering a refund (which I didn't really expect) or a credit towards a future stay, which surprised me. I will remember this when it comes time to book a hotel for the rescheduled date.

I don't know what there cancellation policy is, but I knew going in (at the Quality Inn) that I had to cancel within 24 hours of the check in time to not get charged. It was clearly stated when I booked the room. I didn't expect special treatment due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the hotel. The Quality Inn people were nice though, they felt bad for everyone there. We did get a discount which equaled about $50 off. They didn't have to do that. Would 100% book there again.  Sucks that the Wyndham couldn't do anything for you.
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

• ddeschler said:

I don't know what there cancellation policy is, but I knew going in (at the Quality Inn) that I had to cancel within 24 hours of the check in time to not get charged. It was clearly stated when I booked the room. I didn't expect special treatment due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the hotel. The Quality Inn people were nice though, they felt bad for everyone there. We did get a discount which equaled about $50 off. They didn't have to do that. Would 100% book there again.  Sucks that the Wyndham couldn't do anything for you.
    Our deadline for cancelling was the day before also, so with it happening the same day, I pretty much knew we were going to have to pay for the room. I did think that based on the circumstances, with the event being postponed, they might consider giving us a credit towards a future stay. It is what it is at this point.  
  • policies mean nothing except an excuse to provide terrible customer service. Their stance, and I quote the hotel manager “we are not involved with the band or decision, maybe ask the band for a refund” is absolute garbage. Wyndham is a giant corporation. Their gain/loss sheet would not have been impacted but they’ve lost a customer here. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Posts: 1,562
    policies mean nothing except an excuse to provide terrible customer service. Their stance, and I quote the hotel manager “we are not involved with the band or decision, maybe ask the band for a refund” is absolute garbage. Wyndham is a giant corporation. Their gain/loss sheet would not have been impacted but they’ve lost a customer here. 
    I dont disagree but you agree to this when you book the room
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024