Options

*** AUSTIN 2 2023 SETLIST THREAD ***

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    the majority of the songs on gigaton will probably be never played again or became really rare.  
    I'm looking forward to ten years from now when people start calling "Buckle Up" their white whale.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    The only bummer of the three shows I saw (St. Louis and both Chicago) was that I only heard Retrograde (2 and won't complain cause I love it), Whoever Said (2), Dance (2), Quick Escape (1) and 7 O'Clock (which I love and wasn't the mood killer people said, I loved it and I doubt I'll ever hear it again). I wanted more Gigaton. And we won't hear many, if any ever again. Small complaint because I loved these shows and these sets got fun. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    the majority of the songs on gigaton will probably be never played again or became really rare.  
    I'm looking forward to ten years from now when people start calling "Buckle Up" their white whale.
    So true lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007

Mike McCready played a quick snippet / tribute to SRV during YL. It was not “tightrope” as some have claimed .

It was a combo of riffs from two SRV songs “Couldn’t Stand the Weather “ into “Scuttle Buttin’”.

"This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,635
    CP218430 said:
    The only bummer of the three shows I saw (St. Louis and both Chicago) was that I only heard Retrograde (2 and won't complain cause I love it), Whoever Said (2), Dance (2), Quick Escape (1) and 7 O'Clock (which I love and wasn't the mood killer people said, I loved it and I doubt I'll ever hear it again). I wanted more Gigaton. And we won't hear many, if any ever again. Small complaint because I loved these shows and these sets got fun. 
    My thoughts exactly. I was really hoping for more gigaton in Texas. I’ll probably never hear take the long way, superblood wolf moon, and alright.
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,895
    Alright will become a white whale for me. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 788
    SOLAT319 said:
    SOLAT319 said:
    jh275312 said:
    Some of you with your comments are pretty sad. They played over 100 different songs on this tour. They are still a band playing together. Sheesh. 
    Agree
    When you’ve been in a marriage over 30 years, you get to criticize your spouse. Being a long time hardcore fan of a band is just like that. You may criticize them for bullshit that they do but at the end you love’em anyway. So please stop telling us how to love our spouse. 
    Because I agreed with someone’s post? Bunch of complainers. 
    The person you agreed with…
    we will complain all we want. That’s how we be fannin’ you fan however you want but don’t tell me how to love my favorite band…
    Haha, ok complainer. 
    I hope that is the name of the new album.

and for all the whiny bitches who weren’t at last night’s show and still complaining- 10 tour debuts in one night!  Would you not be happy unless you wrote the setlist??
  • Options
    "Alright" prob my favorite from the album when played live.  Much fuller than on the album.  I wonder why they didn't play it this year.  7 o'clock, while great on the album, doesn't shine live.  Quick Escape, also great live.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    And I've heard it 2x now :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    "Alright" prob my favorite from the album when played live.  Much fuller than on the album.  I wonder why they didn't play it this year.  7 o'clock, while great on the album, doesn't shine live.  Quick Escape, also great live.
    I thought 7oC sounded great in St. Paul. Much better than in Ohana in '21. The boot really cemented that for me too.
  • Options
    CP218430 said:
    Yes, 3 Gigaton shows and no Alright is the biggest bummer for me. The only ones I missed out on were QE, Alright and Retrograde. Obviously no one has heard CTG, which is a shame, but it's clearly a very personal song for Ed.
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 670
    Just got home.  Was so happy to get Chloe/Crown again last night.  Always kicks ass.  After 2 nights in the pit, any idea when ones hearing returns to normal?
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Just got home.  Was so happy to get Chloe/Crown again last night.  Always kicks ass.  After 2 nights in the pit, any idea when ones hearing returns to normal?
    What? I can't hear you. You'll need to speak up
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    3 days min
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031
    be careful folks. buddy of mine has had tinnitus since Metallica show years back, and can't go to any shows now because of it. and has constant ringing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same, I am probably in the minority but I like the song. It is quirky and odd, but I happen to like quirky and odd.
  • Options
    VinyliciousVinylicious Posts: 38
    edited September 2023
    Great set 
    Post edited by Vinylicious on
  • Options
    3 days min
    You were exactly right, thanks.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,309
    YAKIMATSU said:
    3 days min
    Start using ear protection!  I went about ten years raw dogging it, until i was in a club in Vancouver BC around 2000 watching Kings X.  I was standing directly in front of one of the speakers for the opener and KX.  Yep, my ears rang for three days straight.  I vowed then and there i would never go to a show without ear protection again.  Not trying to preach, but your ears wont be able to handle to many more three day ringers.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    3 days min
    Start using ear protection!  I went about ten years raw dogging it, until i was in a club in Vancouver BC around 2000 watching Kings X.  I was standing directly in front of one of the speakers for the opener and KX.  Yep, my ears rang for three days straight.  I vowed then and there i would never go to a show without ear protection again.  Not trying to preach, but your ears wont be able to handle to many more three day ringers.
    I appreciate the looking out. I'm pretty sure it was due to doing back to back nights in the pit.  I will invest in some ear protection next time for a least part of the show, though. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Me too. Maybe I can trade one to somebody for "Dirty Frank."
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    CP218430 said:
    Yes, 3 Gigaton shows and no Alright is the biggest bummer for me. The only ones I missed out on were QE, Alright and Retrograde. Obviously no one has heard CTG, which is a shame, but it's clearly a very personal song for Ed.
    I think the reason they haven't played it is that it is basically an Ed solo song (does anyone else even play on it?) that requires him to play guitar for six minutes straight while remembering a lot of lyrics. The only place it would even fit in a set would be as the first song of the encore when he sometimes comes out by himself. I don't think it's because of the emotional content, but who knows?
  • Options
    Yeah I have full time tinnitus. Years of gigs in g.a  .   
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    What is recommended for ear protection? Anything on Amazon? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,175
    What is recommended for ear protection? Anything on Amazon? 
    I sent you a link on WhatsApp.