Options

*** Chicago, IL 2 Fanviews Here 9/7/23 ***

Comments

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited September 2023
    Can we go back to reviewing the actual concert? Ya know…the music and performance?  Instead of a back and forth lecture on crowd etiquette, political opinions, and gender expectations?  
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    Another great show by the boys!! From tremor Christ thru YLB pure perfection for me.  So glad I finally got to hear TC.  It sounded so good too.  Immortality is an all time fave.  So glad it was played.  Once for Leash did not bother me at all either or in that situation was a great fit.  I was hoping with the time left they would play indifference to end it.  There is always Indy.  N1 and N2 were excellent.  Great job in Chicago PJ, Great job!
  • Options
    MK88178 said:
    Another great show by the boys!! From tremor Christ thru YLB pure perfection for me.  So glad I finally got to hear TC.  It sounded so good too.  Immortality is an all time fave.  So glad it was played.  Once for Leash did not bother me at all either or in that situation was a great fit.  I was hoping with the time left they would play indifference to end it.  There is always Indy.  N1 and N2 were excellent.  Great job in Chicago PJ, Great job!
    I also thought from Tremor until the end was the best setlist flow I remember post COVID. Agreed about Once as well, it was a banger in that slot.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Can we go back to reviewing the actual concert? Ya know…the music and performance?  Instead of a back and forth lecture on crowd etiquette, political opinions, and gender expectations?  
    Ya. Good call. Things went off the rails there. 
    Its rock and roll. 
    Have a good time. Be considerate. Rock out!
    lotta unwritten rules. Esp in the pit. 
    PJ is Fn killin it!!
    caught the first 2 in St. Paul 2 & hittin Austin for last 2. 
    Peace & Love
    F5 F5 F5
  • Options
    You seriously think a woman is trying to rub on a guy. Get real mate. Ridiculous. You can dance at gig if you want.What has the world  come to.
     The problem is the guy getting off on it and posting said arousal on a fan review...
    Know your audience. 
    Keep that shit for the jocks at the pub
    Thanks again.  I contemplated flagging them because post 2 was worse than post one. I then decided it was more embarrassing if everyone else gets to read it but see that there are still decent men out there who will come to a females defense.  

I don’t know if this woman was intoxicated but I will say that in all probability she was at the least buzzed.  Many of these women are moms who haven’t been out in awhile and aren’t used to the amount of alcohol they consume.  However, drunk or sober, the whole situation is messed up but you’re right lastexit, inappropriate to post about it. 

Dads, you have to teach your daughters if they’re going to drink (which they will) it’s a drink that NEVER is out of their hand and water to follow. Go with friends and stay together.  There are men who have no boundaries, no respect.  Please teach them to respect themselves.  

I have a 21 year old who has travelled to Portugal and has messaged me saying everyday she has had men touch her and think it's ok or normal. She screamed in their face a couple times. It's becoming normal for "men " to expect they can do this shit. Make my blood boil. I've been to 40 + G.A in many countries and NEVER have I seen a woman rub a man. Ever. It's just not gonna happen . Someone dancing should be free to move and dance especially in USA G.A there is lots of space. 
    You’re so funny….thinking it wouldn’t happen in the USA.  We (not me) elected a pig for president.  It has become normal and it’s disgusting.  Hope your daughters are always safe!  
    Can we atleast leave politics out of this thread? I mean are we reading any comments about how unapologetic our President is about his son’s multiple  immoral decisions? Failure to even acknowledge a grandchild….I digress. This thread sucks. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    edited September 2023
    You seriously think a woman is trying to rub on a guy. Get real mate. Ridiculous. You can dance at gig if you want.What has the world  come to.
     The problem is the guy getting off on it and posting said arousal on a fan review...
    Know your audience. 
    Thanks again.  I contemplated flagging them because post 2 was worse than post one. I then decided it was more embarrassing if everyone else gets to read it but see that there are still decent men out there who will come to a females defense.  

I don’t know if this woman was intoxicated but I will say that in all probability she was at the least buzzed.  Many of these women are moms who haven’t been out in awhile and aren’t used to the amount of alcohol they consume.  However, drunk or sober, the whole situation is messed up but you’re right lastexit, inappropriate to post about it. 

Dads, you have to teach your daughters if they’re going to drink (which they will) it’s a drink that NEVER is out of their hand and water to follow. Go with friends and stay together.  There are men who have no boundaries, no respect.  Please teach them to respect themselves.  

I have a 21 year old who has travelled to Portugal and has messaged me saying everyday she has had men touch her and think it's ok or normal. She screamed in their face a couple times. It's becoming normal for "men " to expect they can do this shit. Make my blood boil. I've been to 40 + G.A in many countries and NEVER have I seen a woman rub a man. Ever. It's just not gonna happen . Someone dancing should be free to move and dance especially in USA G.A there is lots of space. 
    You’re so funny….thinking it wouldn’t happen in the USA.  We (not me) elected a pig for president.  It has become normal and it’s disgusting.  Hope your daughters are always safe!  
    Can we atleast leave politics out of this thread? I mean are we reading any comments about how unapologetic our President is about his son’s multiple  immoral decisions? Failure to even acknowledge a grandchild….I digress. This thread sucks. 
    Haha.. "can we talk about something else, also Joe Biden is a bad dad".  

Can't stick to your own advice within the same paragraph?
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited September 2023
    Pearl Jam has been absolutely crushing it this tour! Go Longhorns! 🤘🏼
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Pearl Jam has been absolutely crushing it this tour! 🤘🏼
    Speak it!!
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    edited September 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Know your audience. 

Haha.. "can we talk about something else, also Joe Biden is a bad dad".  

Can't stick to your own advice within the same paragraph?
    They’re everywhere.  
  • Options
    InzzzaneInzzzane México Posts: 18
    I don’t pay so much attention to technical stuff, neither keep the counting of how many songs or from which album those are, kind of feels like I miss some things during the concert but anyway I had a great time: I got the chills, scream, sing along and dance like crazy, in fact a couple of seats by my side were empty, sorry for those two who missed it…

One moment I love among others, were watching a girl across the other side of the stage, jum-dancing from one side to another and I think Eddie saw her and start dancing along, it made me smile (:

I also have to say that it’s the 3rd time I travel just to see them since they don’t seem to come to Mexico any time soon, but it’s been great since I shake the shyness and talk with people around me and it’s a two way surprised from them to hear I made a solo trip to see PJ and for me to hear somebody has seen them more than 20 times and it’s as exiting as the first time…

Anyway,  here are some bad pictures I took from there and I’d love to see if you have some photos towards my spot, by the 231 section

Saludos!

• Options
    InzzzaneInzzzane México Posts: 18
    edited September 2023
    Forgot to mention: kudos to the girl who gave a frienship bracelet Swiftie-Jammie Style 
    Post edited by Inzzzane on
  • Options
    What happened to this thread since I last checked in 🤣 Hope everyone has resolved any differences/conflicts...

cjorea said:

Matt wearing a Pearl Jam shirt - all I could think was that he spilled something on the shirt he was going to wear, and they had to go to the merch tent… ❤️ed it.

So I guess it was by design... rather than committing a "cardinal sin" of never wearing the shirt of the band you are wearing 😇, Jeff went with Merkinball.... What were the others?

• Options
    cjoreacjorea Posts: 69
    edited September 2023
    Also wanted to comment that I saw something this night that I had never seen before at a concert...
    On the way in, I was behind a scalper - he had already tried to sell/buy any tickets from me earlier.... He was standing with a group that he had sold tickets to, and was walking them in "to prove they were real."
    When they all got to the front, they came up as bogus, but the person scanning tickets was in on it - she let them in.
    Blown TF away - scalpers running operations with the door handlers - hahahahaha - the Madhouse on Madison - brilliant.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    edited September 2023
    vedpunk said:
    Pearl Jam has been absolutely crushing it this tour! Go Longhorns! 🤘🏼
    Explains so much!  Fucking worst state in the country.  
    Post edited by cblock4life on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    We were in Sec 303 front row on night 2...the two guys next to us were drunk as hell and/or possibly ate too many edibles.

It started off ok...they were nice enough, kept bumping into my wife, etc.  Then we notice the guy next to her leaning on the rail like he was going to hurl. They both left about three songs in and never came back.

The guy gave us his leftover french fries as a final gesture.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    Set was f-ing amaaaazing! Was in the 300 level, 303, was so so good, so fun. Only complaint was GA seemed like they were kinda dead most of the show!! 
    Can’t speak for the rest of the pit, but everyone else up there on the rail with me and those in the few rows behind me at least were jumping around and screaming the whole show! It was loud up there and the energy was great!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    PJNB said:
    Loved this show. I have done 4 shows so far this tour and I am so thankful how much they are mixing it up. Amazing night! 

Great pics!!!
  • Options
    We were in Sec 303 front row on night 2...the two guys next to us were drunk as hell and/or possibly ate too many edibles.

It started off ok...they were nice enough, kept bumping into my wife, etc.  Then we notice the guy next to her leaning on the rail like he was going to hurl. They both left about three songs in and never came back.

I was a section over but close.  We wondered what was going on.  Hey, at least you got to spread out a bit!  Hope you didn’t eat the fries! 
  • Options
    bluetunedbluetuned Chicago Posts: 33
    Some views from behind the stage

• Options
    Did anyone notice anything off with the sound? I was in 219 and it sounded like one of the guitars was completely missing for awhile. I believe the first song I noticed it was Tremor Christ. Still enjoyed the hell out of the show. Just wondering if anyone else noticed. 
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    edited September 2023
    I was in Sec 114.  I could hear every note of Mike's guitar, but I wasn't getting much of Jeff's bass.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options

Damn dude.  I was in 305 row 1. I would have come to say hey.  
    Great seats.  I think I'm done with lottery and just going to buy the front row of a section from now on.  It was great to sit and chill. 

I was also able to set up my camera on a tripod and let it run without anyone in front.  Can't beat it. 

• Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Sound was great in 212.  I commented to my bud how I could hear all the instruments even Booms piano was coming through. Loved the show.  Never thought I’d see Tremor Christ.  Garden and Immortality are my favorite songs.  
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Garden, Black, Immortality , and Deep all in the same setlist was insane ! I was in heaven!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Damn dude.  I was in 305 row 1. I would have come to say hey.  
    Great seats.  I think I'm done with lottery and just going to buy the front row of a section from now on.  It was great to sit and chill. 

I was also able to set up my camera on a tripod and let it run without anyone in front.  Can't beat it. 

wow...that's great

Yeah I was happy with those seats. I was in 333 the first night. Those weren't bad but it was a direct side view.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited September 2023

I was a section over but close.  We wondered what was going on.  Hey, at least you got to spread out a bit!  Hope you didn’t eat the fries! 
    hell no...it was a cup of fries with like 6 fries at the bottom. Totally fucked up thing to offer someone you don't know

I was starting to picture what would happen if the guy barfed all over everything. Honestly I was hoping that he would spew over the rail on the people below so that I wouldn't have to smell it and could just continue uninterupted.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    ddeschler said:
    I was in Sec 114.  I could hear every note of Mike's guitar, but I wasn't getting much of Jeff's bass.
    Did anyone notice anything off with the sound? I was in 219 and it sounded like one of the guitars was completely missing for awhile. I believe the first song I noticed it was Tremor Christ. Still enjoyed the hell out of the show. Just wondering if anyone else noticed. 
    Agreed. Both nights I was on MIke's side (309 and 111). Could hear him loud and clear, but it almost sounded like Stone was turned off and the bass was way down. If I plugged my ears, then I could hear the low end stuff, but otherwise it was as if they were playing as a Ed, Mike, Matt trio.
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • Options
    So Leash got scratched....just realized that. Once took its place

• Options
    Honestly can’t complain about either but wish it would have been both.  Throw in rats, satans bed, go, anything or all from binaural and I’m 
     happy.  
  • Options
    Oh man.. that would have taken a great show to the next level.  The crowd goes bananas for that song.