Options

*** Chicago, IL 2 Fanviews Here 9/7/23 ***

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    jonsey30 said:
    What a night!  I’m still buzzing.  First GA experience, and it was better than I expected. Super close, fun group around us, made for a fun day-long event.  I will especially miss the hottie that was jamming her ass into my D while dancing.  

maybe GA is not for you if you can’t handle crammed spaces 
  • Options
    Yeah odd comment man.  Don't be that guy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So much bliss this morning! Love to see it! Can’t wait for the bootlegs! 
    I got the whole show...

Great show, definitely the best since Camden, maybe the best since Seattle 2 in 2018.  They were really on their game from set list development to the pace of the show, etc.  All around great.

The bad:  I thought the compliments to the Wirtz family that Ed said were not just over the top, but wrong.  To rever Rocky Wirtz that way, after the Kyle Beach situation, the way the franchise handled it and then compounding it with that terrible "town hall" where Rocky tells a reporter that questions about how they handle sexual assault accusations in the future are "none of his business" (and more).  I don't know what Ed was thinking.  I'm not saying he had to rip the family, but he certainly didn't need to lead a cheer in Rocky's name.  

Couldn't agree more. Went both nights and was totally blown away by the song selection and performance by the band. Fine with honoring Chelios but that Rocky moment was bizarre and awkward given the recent events
  • Options
    Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 121
    edited September 2023
    I agree on the Rocky moment feeling stake. I actually said to me friend they must be getting money for this. 

Other than that: it was a fucking rock show and I enjoyed every minute of it. 
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Great show. Thank you to the band. I can’t describe how wonderful this show was. Still digesting it all. 300 level was not as bad as I thought it would be. Had great aisle seats. 7 o’clock sounded great. Marker in the sand and green disease were great. Daughter sounded strong  with a new tag. Sound was better than n1. Was lucky enough to meet Matt Cameron at adidas store. Much taller then I thought. Was a little shocked and didn’t know what to say and babbled. All sounded great and the band was tight. Loved the middle finger to Trump tower pic. 

This is Not For You
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,786
    I imagine the Rocky thing was only a setup to dupe Chelios to come out on stage for his number retirement surprise - but totally got the same WTF feelings when Rocky's name was getting called out.

Didn't even realize how much of Ten was played last night, but can't complain as long as those deeper cuts keep making it in versus filling the set with covers. Still riding a high from this week's shows, really enjoyed the GA crowd around me both nights. Forgetting how special the time spent around PJ shows can be.

More photos & videos on my instagram @schavitz
  • Options
    ChocolatebabkaChocolatebabka Chicago Posts: 2
    I was completely blown away by last night's show. The energy, set list, and music in general was on a completely different level than Tuesday's show.... don't understand the Chelios announcement hate either, FFS it was during the encore break! They wasted way more time on Tuesday giving various Eulogies and Chicago-related anecdotal stories. 

But was anyone else completely floored by Eddie's voice during Street Fightin Man like I was? I've never heard him sound anything like that.... he legit sounded like a young Mick Jagger IMHO 
  • Options
    Too late.  Thanks for bringing to light how disrespectful it was.  Don’t worry about your kids, they’ll grow up awesome with you as a dad.  Proof is in your post.  Thanks from many women who don’t think it was ok.  
  • Options
    VinyliciousVinylicious Posts: 38
    edited September 2023
    Marker in the sand beautiful and the band sounds so polished
    Post edited by Vinylicious on
  • Options
    I don’t normally take pictures during the show, but these moments made me break out the phone and take a pic   
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    That is one smokin set list!  Swap 7 oclock with something else and it's pretty near perfection.  
    Thank you. 

I was there, and it was the only misstep for my taste. Night 2 was phenomenal but certainly not one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. I’ve probably seen at least 10 maybe 15 shows that were better.  

Tremor, MARKER, green disease were all great. Ed is killing it with these setlists. 

Band was on fire the whole night, so I wanted more.

And so did the crowd. The collective groan when stone played the alive riff was pretty loud. Not because people dont wanna hear it, but bc we know that means the end is near. 

All I needed was 3 more songs before the alive signal. 

Then the house lights came on during alive and stayed on for 2 more songs which totally killed the vibe. 

Shows were stellar but I just hold pj up to an impossible standard. Their own. 

Some things are so great, you start to compare them to themselves. 

The rest of you who are lucky enough to go see the remaining shows on tour are in for a treat.  

Enjoy. 

• Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    JPPJ84 said:
    jonsey30 said:
    What a night!  I’m still buzzing.  First GA experience, and it was better than I expected. Super close, fun group around us, made for a fun day-long event.  I will especially miss the hottie that was jamming her ass into my D while dancing.  

maybe GA is not for you if you can’t handle crammed spaces 
    Yeesh, tough crowd. I’m talking about back and forth flirting that took place throughout the night including some grinding.  I appreciate that girl, made the show even better 
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 46
    ddeschler said:
    Great show. Great set. Chelios stuff was a damper and unnecessary delay. Threw off the whole encore and some of the energy was sapped. 
    I was surprised they did a long thing to honor Rocky Wurtz, but didn't mention Beth Murphy either night.  Questionable.  Mike was the first to pull off the jersey and fling it into the crowd, which I appreciated.  Ed is way over the top in his Chelios (a questionable individual) love.  Was surprised the show ended a fair bit earlier than Tuesday.  I don't know why it did.  Maybe someone else does?
    I heard he was chattier on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 46
    I was completely blown away by last night's show. The energy, set list, and music in general was on a completely different level than Tuesday's show.... don't understand the Chelios announcement hate either, FFS it was during the encore break! They wasted way more time on Tuesday giving various Eulogies and Chicago-related anecdotal stories. 

But was anyone else completely floored by Eddie's voice during Street Fightin Man like I was? I've never heard him sound anything like that.... he legit sounded like a young Mick Jagger IMHO 
    I thought that about his voice during that cover too! Totally channeling Jagger, didn't sound like himself at all. That was cool.
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    bigdeath said:
    What an amazing show. Killer setlist and the band had so much energy. Was in section 120 and it was so cool to see the band from a different angle. 

Amazing to see Green Disease, Tremor Christ, Present Tense and Marker In The Sand. 

Come Back is one of my least favorite songs and I usually skip it when it comes on. However when they played it last night I got goose bumps and felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. An hour after the show my Dad passed away. That song will definitely have a new perspective. 
    My deepest condolences for your loss. My dad died last year and I had a full breakdown during Come Back last night myself. It’s hard, but PJ and their fans help. ❤️
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    bigdeath said:
    What an amazing show. Killer setlist and the band had so much energy. Was in section 120 and it was so cool to see the band from a different angle. 

Amazing to see Green Disease, Tremor Christ, Present Tense and Marker In The Sand. 

Come Back is one of my least favorite songs and I usually skip it when it comes on. However when they played it last night I got goose bumps and felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. An hour after the show my Dad passed away. That song will definitely have a new perspective. 
    The goose bumps and what you felt was your  dad telling you to stay there and listen.  

I mean wtf is there to say?  My heart hurts for you.  Take care.  
  • Options
    In case anyone has footage of the band just before they go into Smile (for the back), I would greatly appreciate it if you could share. I can send my phone number / email via PM. There's a moment in there that I would like to keep for posterity, which none of the Youtube uploads so far have.
  • Options
    Too late.  Thanks for bringing to light how disrespectful it was.  Don’t worry about your kids, they’ll grow up awesome with you as a dad.  Proof is in your post.  Thanks from many women who don’t think it was ok.  
    I have 3 daughters that should be free to dance without fear of this shit. Thanks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JC29866JC29866 Chicago Posts: 81
    edited September 2023
    Highlights:  Immortality, Green Disease, Street Fighting Man, Ed and Mike running laps around the stage, amazing light show

Low Lights:

“Who ever said” seemed to fall flat compared to N1. It sounded great Tuesday and crowd was really into it, so the band probably wanted to give it another go. But I think it was placed better in the set on N1 and didn’t hit the same energy on N2. 

And the Chelios thing was totally unnecessary.  How many times must we endure Ed’s sports buddy routine?  The rest of the band looked held hostage
    Post edited by JC29866 on
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    edited September 2023
    Renfield said:
    jonsey30 said:

Totally inappropriate comment. You don't deserve to be in GA. 
    Lol, yes totally inappropriate comment... but the girl who is ramming her ass into the junk of males in GA is totally acceptable!  
    Post edited by inhiding 1976 on

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 278
    No one is talking about Jeff rocking that Mirrorball tee. Love it. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,301
    Awesome show! And probably the most fun I’ve ever had at a PJ show! I camped out for two nights to get rail, and it was totally worth it! I ended up in a perfect spot right between Jeff and Mike on the rail. To me, it wasn’t just the band and setlist that made the show, but the amazing energy of the crowd all night long. Everyone by me in the pit was jumping around and singing their lungs out the entire show, and it made for a really special experience; the whole thing felt surreal. Highlights for me were come back, an intense version of present tense transitioning from the seated to standing portion of the show (including Mike kicking away his chair), hearing tremor Christ and marker in the sand for the first time in a while, a searing version of immortality with an epic mike solo, deep, garden, and street fighting man. I also got a bunch of mike pics. It was an incredible show and an experience I will never forget! And in addition to the show itself, I had a great time meeting and hanging out with so many amazing people from all over the world camping out in the GA line. I miss you already, and can’t wait for the next tour!
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2023
    Renfield said:
    jonsey30 said:

Totally inappropriate comment. You don't deserve to be in GA. 
    Lol, yes totally inappropriate comment... but the girl who is ramming her ass into the junk of males in GA is totally acceptable!  
    You need to reread what I wrote.
    As I wrote ‘comment’- his comment was inappropriate. Then in his defense, he made another comment which is also inappropriate.
    You have no idea what I find acceptable/ unacceptable by either.

• Options
    You seriously think a woman is trying to rub on a guy. Get real mate. Ridiculous. You can dance at gig if you want.What has the world  come to.
     The problem is the guy getting off on it and posting said arousal on a fan review...
    Know your audience. 
    Keep that shit for the jocks at the pub
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    You seriously think a woman is trying to rub on a guy. Get real mate. Ridiculous. You can dance at gig if you want.What has the world  come to.
     The problem is the guy getting off on it and posting said arousal on a fan review...
    Know your audience. 
    Thanks again.  I contemplated flagging them because post 2 was worse than post one. I then decided it was more embarrassing if everyone else gets to read it but see that there are still decent men out there who will come to a females defense.  

I don’t know if this woman was intoxicated but I will say that in all probability she was at the least buzzed.  Many of these women are moms who haven’t been out in awhile and aren’t used to the amount of alcohol they consume.  However, drunk or sober, the whole situation is messed up but you’re right lastexit, inappropriate to post about it. 

Dads, you have to teach your daughters if they’re going to drink (which they will) it’s a drink that NEVER is out of their hand and water to follow. Go with friends and stay together.  There are men who have no boundaries, no respect.  Please teach them to respect themselves.  

• Options
    Know your audience. 
    Thanks again.  I contemplated flagging them because post 2 was worse than post one. I then decided it was more embarrassing if everyone else gets to read it but see that there are still decent men out there who will come to a females defense.  

I don’t know if this woman was intoxicated but I will say that in all probability she was at the least buzzed.  Many of these women are moms who haven’t been out in awhile and aren’t used to the amount of alcohol they consume.  However, drunk or sober, the whole situation is messed up but you’re right lastexit, inappropriate to post about it. 

Dads, you have to teach your daughters if they’re going to drink (which they will) it’s a drink that NEVER is out of their hand and water to follow. Go with friends and stay together.  There are men who have no boundaries, no respect.  Please teach them to respect themselves.  

I have a 21 year old who has travelled to Portugal and has messaged me saying everyday she has had men touch her and think it's ok or normal. She screamed in their face a couple times. It's becoming normal for "men " to expect they can do this shit. Make my blood boil. I've been to 40 + G.A in many countries and NEVER have I seen a woman rub a man. Ever. It's just not gonna happen . Someone dancing should be free to move and dance especially in USA G.A there is lots of space. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JC29866 said:
    Highlights:  Immortality, Green Disease, Street Fighting Man, Ed and Mike running laps around the stage, amazing light show

Low Lights:

“Who ever said” seemed to fall flat compared to N1. It sounded great Tuesday and crowd was really into it, so the band probably wanted to give it another go. But I think it was placed better in the set on N1 and didn’t hit the same energy on N2. 

Also, talking about a dead kid three songs into the show was a pretty big downer. 

And the Chelios thing was totally unnecessary.  How many times must we endure Ed’s sports buddy routine?  The rest of the band looked held hostage
    Very sorry Eddie honoring my nephew's life and their parents' strength ruined your vibe. May you be blessed to never experience the kind of pain they have, and may you one day grow your capacity for compassion, even during rock shows.
  • Options
    dgwizdala said:
    JC29866 said:

Low Lights:

Also, talking about a dead kid three songs into the show was a pretty big downer. 

Very sorry Eddie honoring my nephew's life and their parents' strength ruined your vibe. May you be blessed to never experience the kind of pain they have, and may you one day grow your capacity for compassion, even during rock shows.
    Seems we have a lack of morals in the mix today.  

I’m sooooo very sorry…..my sincere heartfelt condolences.  This isn’t an elder whose time has come, obviously your nephew is young.  I know this devastated feeling, as many do on here.  I cried as this was spoken about.  PJ is about life and all the heartache and happiness that comes with it.  It was perfectly acceptable.  Strength to you all.  

• Options
    Know your audience. 

I have a 21 year old who has travelled to Portugal and has messaged me saying everyday she has had men touch her and think it's ok or normal. She screamed in their face a couple times. It's becoming normal for "men " to expect they can do this shit. Make my blood boil. I've been to 40 + G.A in many countries and NEVER have I seen a woman rub a man. Ever. It's just not gonna happen . Someone dancing should be free to move and dance especially in USA G.A there is lots of space. 
    You’re so funny….thinking it wouldn’t happen in the USA.  We (not me) elected a pig for president.  It has become normal and it’s disgusting.  Hope your daughters are always safe!  
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,235
    edited September 2023
    I just mean more space in USA G.A.
    Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07