Pearl Jam 2023 tour merch

Comments

• incredebellincredebell Posts: 19
    edited September 2023
    NSL said:
    What are the chances of getting any event merch if I arrive at 10:30 for the Noon merch?
    If it goes like it did in Indy, then by the time you get to the truck, the bandanas, basketballs, duffel bags, city shirts, and stickers will be gone. Unfortunately, you have to line up very early to beat the flippers. The posters will still be there though.

But if it REALLY goes like Indy and the concert is postponed, then stick around. They'll bring the arena merch out.
    Post edited by incredebell on
  • Who's ready?!?

:lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Maybe an unpopular opinion. But just paying the mark up for a poster or tshirt on eBay is easy easy worth my time not standing in a merch line and just enjoying my evening. 
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    rsulrich said:
    Maybe an unpopular opinion. But just paying the mark up for a poster or tshirt on eBay is easy easy worth my time not standing in a merch line and just enjoying my evening. 
    completely agree and that is what I'll do for Austin. I guess I respect the hustle, but waiting in line all day instead of hanging out in the city is not for me. I do wish they would require a ticket to purchase. One purchase per ticket or something like that. Online would be really sweet, but will never happen. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • rsulrich said:
    Maybe an unpopular opinion. But just paying the mark up for a poster or tshirt on eBay is easy easy worth my time not standing in a merch line and just enjoying my evening. 
    It's not an unpopular opinion at all and has come up several times in the thread. 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 985
    jwc6160 said:
    rsulrich said:
    completely agree and that is what I'll do for Austin. I guess I respect the hustle, but waiting in line all day instead of hanging out in the city is not for me. I do wish they would require a ticket to purchase. One purchase per ticket or something like that. Online would be really sweet, but will never happen. 
    It’ll be a race but each poster artist will release their APs on their individual websites around the show date and historically PJ will have the posters available online after the tour. 
  • incredebellincredebell Posts: 19
    edited September 2023
    rsulrich said:
    To each their own. 

I would love it if the Ten Club would just let you buy the merch ahead of time. I'd do it sight unseen too. Let's say when Pearl Jam announces a tour, Ten Club members get the option to buy 2 items ahead of time. So if you know that you're going to want the poster and city shirt no matter what, you can just pay for it then. And then, like the commemorative tickets, you get it mailed to you after the show. PJ still gets merch money, people get what they want, flippers can be circumvented somewhat. If I had that option, I wouldn't be waiting in line for 3-4 hours. And the Ten Club membership becomes more worthwhile. I'd even pay more for membership just for that option.
    Post edited by incredebell on
  • NSL said:
    What are the chances of getting any event merch if I arrive at 10:30 for the Noon merch?
    Honestly, I have rarely had a hard time getting most everything I wanted if I got into the line even when it opened. That said, this tour hasn't seemed to flow as well as in the past. I got in about 10:30 for N1 in St. Paul and it took more than four hours and basketballs and duffels were long gone, show specific shirts and jerseys were gone, but all stickers, pins, license plate and poster were there. So it was still successful in a sense but the line sucked (still great people to hang around). It's a crap shoot and how much you want to hang out with fellow fans and maybe not get what you want. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Guy in Chicago arrived at 6am and bought 10k worth of basketballs and bags when merch opened. I hope PJ printed 10,000 of them and sell them online and stick this guy.
  • I like the show-specific stuff, but after my experience in St. Paul, I am definitely not waiting outside today, and I am on the fence about even getting into the arena early. Going to see how the day goes. I wouldn't mind a ball, but it isn't worth it overall. 
  • demetrios said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0WfpnRH64jT2fETRDzdQxydqt3DsdCGVCku8WXawNiEgrSB8ny3sipDqeYnHfRhool&id=100046466866854&mibextid=Nif5oz

I am proud to present my newest poster, my first ever for the legendary @pearljam This is also my first VICES print to crossover into the gig poster world; VICES #31: Credulity. 18" x 24", this 7 color screenprint was wonderfully printed by Inhouse Screenprinting and is DOUBLE SIDED, with my thoughts on the print's overall meaning of never believing your ears and is topped off with a official Pearl Jam holographic sticker.

The poster itself has elements representing the historic city of Fort Worth, such as the panther statue ( the city is called "The Panther City"). Old lithographs of cattle ranching hang on the walls in reference to the Fort Worth Stockyards. Two Bluebonnets sit in vase on the credenza, the Texas state flower ( shhh, don't tell the police).  And what would a print be that symbolizes Texas without the cattle skull hanging proudly on the wall.

100+ hours of work went into creating this poster. The inks alone took a staggering 75 hours. And it was well worth it. I want to thank @mrtsurt for trusting me with the task and for their wonderful creative eyes. And of course the band for letting me spread the message.

I will have my copies for sale tomorrow. I will post all that info this afternoon. I will also have the original inks up for auction around noon tomorrow. I will post a link to that once it is live.

As a Fort Worth native I must grab this poster (as if I wasn’t already). I recognized all those elements and their significance to Fort Worth and Texas. Growing up here and seeing the words “Pearl Jam” and “Fort Worth “ on the same items is still surreal. 16 year old me never could’ve dreamed they’d play a mile from my childhood home. I need everything that says FW on it but not doing line today. Hoping I can get things inside but my buddy will never go inside with me early to get merch. Ugh. Praying most don’t like this merch and it’s cheap on eBay. Or get lucky with TC releases later. 

All these announcements about GA instructions and merch have me feeling good the show will go on tonight. I know those same things happened in Noblesville but I’m still choosing to believe all will be well in a few hours. It’s good to be home. Let’s do this fellas! 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    RS65573 said:
    Guy in Chicago arrived at 6am and bought 10k worth of basketballs and bags when merch opened. I hope PJ printed 10,000 of them and sell them online and stick this guy.
    I thought there were limits as to how many you can buy. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    There should be but often are not. These people suck.
  • rsulrich said:
    yep...this is the route I've taken the last few years

Plus...you have a shot at a poster right here and from the artist if you pay attention. Ebay is always the back up. And if you are patient and wait a few weeks the prices go down.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ZoSoTim said:
    RS65573 said:
    Money talks, and cash is king.
  • I dig the poster. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • I thought the devil dude was holding a can of beer, which I found strange. LOL. I like this one. In fact, I am liking this batch of stuff the best of this tour. Still wouldn't wait hours in line, but that's just me.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • ZoSoTim said:
    RS65573 said:
    Only for poster and stickers/pins... 
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Its an awesome poster
  • I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but it would be cool if they printed artwork of the license plates on the shirts for each stop. Getting a plate from each city/tour stop you visit.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    In St Paul the outdoor truck was limiting basketballs to 1 per person. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    edited September 2023
    ZoSoTim said:
    RS65573 said:
    Only for poster and stickers/pins... 
    I will say that not limiting other items is a bit disappointing....they will sell out regardless

but flippers will just bring 20 people with them I guess if they went that route
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • DN36753DN36753 Posts: 134
    RS65573 said:

I really hope that's doesn't happen in Austin, I really want to get a basketball, the duffel bag and hats, was hoping for a hockey jersey but it doesn't look like they will have them for the Texas shows. Fingers Crossed they don't sell out and I can get them. 
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Posts: 461
    edited September 2023
    Anyone in line already in FW? Curious what it’s like currently. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    Anyone in line already in FW? Curious what it’s like currently. 
    Friend just sent a pic. Said he’s about 100th in line. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    I always wonder what percentage of the people in the merch lines aren’t there out of fandom or to cover expenses, but instead selling collectables and stuff on Ebay is their main source of income. 
    All the people I met in Chicago were the latter. Ebayers with 10k sales.
    I mean the EARLY people.
  • I always wonder what percentage of the people in the merch lines aren’t there out of fandom or to cover expenses, but instead selling collectables and stuff on Ebay is their main source of income. 
    When I was trying to track down a poster after Ohana encore that sold out at the show before I was able to get one, nearly every listing I saw on EBay was from the same few sellers who would sell one, and then another and another...    
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,149
    rsulrich said:
    Toooooootally. I got an Ames Chicago shirt for 70 shipped and the 2 APs directly from Ames.