Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Posting a 118, row 11 seat 17 single, one off the aisle.
    MN N2
    Still trying to get to the pit, but shza.
    Didn't seem like anyone else was paying attention on that last set. I only checked out with a single at first. Then I mistakenly went to n2 and checked around a bit before I realized I was on the wrong show. Then went back to n1 and the other single was still there... 

Anyway, the t-shirt deal fell through so will probably have an extra. Fluid situation, stay tuned 
  • goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Some more premiums dropped for STP1 in 118/102
    See I dont get that, why would they save these to 5 days before and price them at 292... makes NO sense... wouldnt you think all the close to the stage seats would be up first at 800 each... the marketing genius' at Ticketmaster 
    Hopefully 10c management is paying attention.  It’s potentially a waste of good tickets while 10c draw “winners” are further and further away.  
    Who do you think is approving of Premium? 
    I think the point was more that PJ management agrees to this to make money, not to see the held-back tickets handled in a way that feels mismanaged. 
    At the end of the day… if you are going to reserve the best seats for the 10c and the best in the house to those members who have been members the longest… it’s a little disappointing that the people who have been member for 20/25 years are pushed to worse seats so the 10c can sell “premium” tickets for $292 vs. $161. There’s no guarantee the $292 tickets will even sell. 

Other than that, it has to be nice to lower your face value when people paid more and now have little chance of getting their $500/$600 back because Ticketmaster can lower their ticket price but actual buyers can’t… 
    I basically agree with this but just a couple of things - 10c isn’t selling the premium tickets- TM is; and yes it is very shitty for people who have to
    eat the $600 premiums but at this point they only have themselves to blame - there have been plenty of “friends don’t let friends buy premium” discussions.  And the people who buy those premiums are the reason TM can continue to sell at those prices.  Anyway- first show in 4 days - can’t wait.  
    10c has to approve the selling of premium tickets. Ticketmaster sets the price. You can discuss in here all you want. Not everyone is on here. There’s plenty of fans that see the entirety of floor and lower sections sold out the second tickets go on sale to the public and panic buy… FFS… I see people on here buy premium tickets and immediately try to re-sell them because they got in a hurry and didn’t realize the price hike. I just don’t think if you want to sell what you paid.. and in many cases.. over paid for… you should be stuck with rules limiting what you can do when Ticketmaster has none of the same limitations.
    I generally like the F2F option. But I agree that people should be able to lower the price to sell their tickets if they want. To me scalping is only selling above face value. As far as accidentally buying premiums it is really important to use the filters and uncheck the premium box and slide the price thing to the lowest price. Then the premiums won’t show up for you even if they are resale. Otherwise, TM makes it too easy to accidentally buy them in a FOMO frenzy. 
    F2F should simply have a max price you can sell (what you paid). You should be allowed to sell it for any price less than that.
    That would be competition. Which they don't want. It's ok for the band to sell at market price or undercut the competition, but no one else. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Anyone who pays the inflated price bears some blame but TMs tactics play a role as well. 
    So, it's not about trying to stop scalping...
    Of course not. There’s no problem with scalping as long as when you pay more than $161 that it’s on Ticketmaster. 

The “ticket scalpers” boogey man has been overused by a billion dollar corporation that has no incentive to get tickets into the hands of fans at the base price. 
    JimmyV said:
    F2F has allowed someone like me who just joined paid 10C the opportunity to have 2 nights in GA at the same price as the upper arena tickets that I would have had if I "won" the ticket lottery. It has flaws but the alternative would probably be worse.
    Absolutely. There are pros and cons, but you can make a case the pros far outweigh anything else. 
     The argument isnt that there should or shouldn’t be F2F… F2F is great. 
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    F2F has allowed someone like me who just joined paid 10C the opportunity to have 2 nights in GA at the same price as the upper arena tickets that I would have had if I "won" the ticket lottery. It has flaws but the alternative would probably be worse.
    Absolutely. There are pros and cons, but you can make a case the pros far outweigh anything else. 
    I agree.  It isn't perfect, but it is way better than just scalping on the secondary market. There are certainly tweaks that could be made.  It will also be interesting to see how the fan base adjusts to their experience with F2F on future tours.  It seems like this mini tour was a lot of people's first experience with it.  I bet that in selecting potential tickets in future lotteries, many people will not be selecting rearview seats as an option.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,532
    goblues82 said:
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Some more premiums dropped for STP1 in 118/102
    See I dont get that, why would they save these to 5 days before and price them at 292... makes NO sense... wouldnt you think all the close to the stage seats would be up first at 800 each... the marketing genius' at Ticketmaster 
    Hopefully 10c management is paying attention.  It’s potentially a waste of good tickets while 10c draw “winners” are further and further away.  
    Who do you think is approving of Premium? 
    I think the point was more that PJ management agrees to this to make money, not to see the held-back tickets handled in a way that feels mismanaged. 
    At the end of the day… if you are going to reserve the best seats for the 10c and the best in the house to those members who have been members the longest… it’s a little disappointing that the people who have been member for 20/25 years are pushed to worse seats so the 10c can sell “premium” tickets for $292 vs. $161. There’s no guarantee the $292 tickets will even sell. 

Other than that, it has to be nice to lower your face value when people paid more and now have little chance of getting their $500/$600 back because Ticketmaster can lower their ticket price but actual buyers can’t… 
    I basically agree with this but just a couple of things - 10c isn’t selling the premium tickets- TM is; and yes it is very shitty for people who have to
    eat the $600 premiums but at this point they only have themselves to blame - there have been plenty of “friends don’t let friends buy premium” discussions.  And the people who buy those premiums are the reason TM can continue to sell at those prices.  Anyway- first show in 4 days - can’t wait.  
    10c has to approve the selling of premium tickets. Ticketmaster sets the price. You can discuss in here all you want. Not everyone is on here. There’s plenty of fans that see the entirety of floor and lower sections sold out the second tickets go on sale to the public and panic buy… FFS… I see people on here buy premium tickets and immediately try to re-sell them because they got in a hurry and didn’t realize the price hike. I just don’t think if you want to sell what you paid.. and in many cases.. over paid for… you should be stuck with rules limiting what you can do when Ticketmaster has none of the same limitations.
    I generally like the F2F option. But I agree that people should be able to lower the price to sell their tickets if they want. To me scalping is only selling above face value. As far as accidentally buying premiums it is really important to use the filters and uncheck the premium box and slide the price thing to the lowest price. Then the premiums won’t show up for you even if they are resale. Otherwise, TM makes it too easy to accidentally buy them in a FOMO frenzy. 
    F2F should simply have a max price you can sell (what you paid). You should be allowed to sell it for any price less than that.
    That would be competition. Which they don't want. It's ok for the band to sell at market price or undercut the competition, but no one else. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Anyone who pays the inflated price bears some blame but TMs tactics play a role as well. 
    So, it's not about trying to stop scalping...
    Of course not. There’s no problem with scalping as long as when you pay more than $161 that it’s on Ticketmaster. 

The “ticket scalpers” boogey man has been overused by a billion dollar corporation that has no incentive to get tickets into the hands of fans at the base price. 
    Ticket scalpers are absolutely an issue and I wouldn’t say it’s overused. Look at Indy lawn tickets on stubhub for 300 a piece
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • SHZA said:
    Didn't seem like anyone else was paying attention on that last set. I only checked out with a single at first. Then I mistakenly went to n2 and checked around a bit before I realized I was on the wrong show. Then went back to n1 and the other single was still there... 

Anyway, the t-shirt deal fell through so will probably have an extra. Fluid situation, stay tuned 
    Your two-handed skills are impressive, for real.  My best seat right now is one I got from you, since I wasn’t competing against you!
    I could come through on that T-shirt deal, so keep me in mind!
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    edited August 2023
    Back in the day before TM made you verify your phone number with a code to enter a waiting room I would search for tickets on like 5 devices at the same time under the same account. Search till you found a decent seat and then spend the 7-8 minutes they give you to check out to search for better tickets on the other 4 and was usually able to get GA PIT/Good Floor tickets eventually. For a while last year you could use the same phone number with 2 different accounts and search at same time but now can't do that either and will say your phone is already being used by another account. Always got pearl jam tickets through 10C or last minute but worked for pretty much every other show I used to try for
    Post edited by gobr0309 on
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 254
    Anyone with experience from the 2022 shows or other TM events aware of whether buying and selling on F2F affects the 4 ticket limit? If I end up with just two or four tickets in the end, I assume I’m ok even if getting there involved buying and selling a few pairs. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,546
    Hopped Up said:
    Anyone with experience from the 2022 shows or other TM events aware of whether buying and selling on F2F affects the 4 ticket limit? If I end up with just two or four tickets in the end, I assume I’m ok even if getting there involved buying and selling a few pairs. 
    I've gone through 6 different versions of St. Paul N2. The limit is only applied to how many you have in your TM account.

Let's say you had four tickets. If you sold 2 of them on fan to fan? You could buy up to 2 more. And so on...
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    Hopped Up said:
    Correct 

Actually F2F tickets don't even count toward the limit. But once you hit four standard you can't buy more standard even if you sell the first four 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,641
    Go Animal said:
    Hopped Up said:
    I've gone through 6 different versions of St. Paul N2. The limit is only applied to how many you have in your TM account.

Let's say you had four tickets. If you sold 2 of them on fan to fan? You could buy up to 2 more. And so on...
    I think the limit only applies to standard tickets. You can have as many F2F tickets in your account without that limit. 
    Hurls15 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I agree.  It isn't perfect, but it is way better than just scalping on the secondary market. There are certainly tweaks that could be made.  It will also be interesting to see how the fan base adjusts to their experience with F2F on future tours.  It seems like this mini tour was a lot of people's first experience with it.  I bet that in selecting potential tickets in future lotteries, many people will not be selecting rearview seats as an option.
    …there’s scalping on the secondary market no matter what. People were scalping tickets at the Roman coliseum to watch the gladiators. Restricted tickets ain’t gonna fox that problem now. 
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    SHZA - I need to know when you’re good to go for STP 2, so I can attempt to grab some GA upgrades haha. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,546
    GlowGirl said:
    Go Animal said:
    Hopped Up said:

I think the limit only applies to standard tickets. You can have as many F2F tickets in your account without that limit. 
    Right, sorry. See SHZA's post lol 😆 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    GlowGirl said:
    Go Animal said:
    Hopped Up said:

But it does count for GA, so some ya all need to sell some ...;) 

SHZA said:
    Hopped Up said:
    Correct 

Actually F2F tickets don't even count toward the limit. But once you hit four standard you can't buy more standard even if you sell the first four 
    I have 7 in my account for FWT2 right now... 
    goblues82 said:
    Hurls15 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    …there’s scalping on the secondary market no matter what. People were scalping tickets at the Roman coliseum to watch the gladiators. Restricted tickets ain’t gonna fox that problem now. 
    Scalpers gonna scalp. Restrictions won't eliminate scalping but this system at least provides an opportunity for face value tickets after the initial sale. Otherwise it would be impossible. Take MSG last year. No F2F. Stubhub prices were basically the only option unless you happened to find someone on this board with spares 
    DM282158 said:
    SHZA - I need to know when you’re good to go for STP 2, so I can attempt to grab some GA upgrades haha. 
    I'm done with Minnesota, have at it!! 
    123 R4 up for FTW 2
  • Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Posts: 266
    edited August 2023
    123 R4 up for FTW 2
    Thanks to whoever posted them, a small upgrade for me.

I have a pair in Sec109 R7 to list, if anyone wants to set up a timed drop?
    Post edited by Kiwi In Oz on
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
    123 R4 up for FTW 2

Nice Bump - those are really good ! 
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Anyone get that Aus1 GA single that was just up? 
  • Hurls15 said:
    Anyone get that Aus1 GA single that was just up? 
    Just missed it, dammit
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 760
    edited August 2023
    I have a single Aust1 FLR3 rw1 (center sec, 1st rw). This is a much coveted seat, and fantastic for someone tall, but not for me at 5'3.
    I was 1st row behind the pit in Camden, and couldn't see a thing, just the top of Ed or Mike's head bobbing up a few times. Didn't realize front row had zero elevation (like floor).

I have been trying daily since mid June to get a close side seat in the first few rows of 106-107, or 120-119, but no luck so far.

I would like to trade my floor seat for an excellent elevated seat in one of those sections, if someone tall prefers to be 1st row floor, than on the side.

I would be happy to walk in together, so neither of us would risk getting our great tix intercepted on f2f.

I will not let my floor seat go, unless I get a close side seat to replace it first, or a trade.

(Or GA! ) I'm willing to put in the time in the GA line to have good odds of being close enough to see.
    I've had a couple of responses, but haven't found the ticket I want yet, so the above is still true.
    *I also posted this on GTF, but it seems more eyes are here.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
    edited August 2023
    Lawn pair up now
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
    Now lawn single
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    Pair gone, single still up.
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    Gone
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,532
    Is anyone interested in a 116 pair for n2 in Chicago?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    123 R4 up for FTW 2

Nice Bump - those are really good ! 
    Thanks!
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
This discussion has been closed.