Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 254
    Yeah. This is tough when you see tickets on StubHub for $180 Sec 203. I don’t think I will ever understand the 10 Club Ticketmaster model. 🤔
    The main glitch and easiest fix is to allow resale below face value on TM.  Then you can at least get something for seats you won't use instead of losing $320 or more on a pair.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,447
    Wow that map is crazy for SP
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Yeah, I'm surprised there are so many seats available for STP. I mean I'm flying all the way from NC for the shows, so I can't believe there aren't more people FROM the twin cities packing into that place. 
    should have been two nights in Indy instead. demand would change of course with two shows so its hard telling 
    The rumor was it was supposed to be back to back nights in Noblesville
    9 and 10 if i remember correctly? then the pumpkins took the 9th. 
    And have sold basically no tickets 
    just looked at the map. wow. thats pathetic 

Not that bad... ive seen worse.. attended worse.. should have seen the map for Noel G, and Garbage in June
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Hopped Up said:
    Yeah. This is tough when you see tickets on StubHub for $180 Sec 203. I don’t think I will ever understand the 10 Club Ticketmaster model. 🤔
    The main glitch and easiest fix is to allow resale below face value on TM.  Then you can at least get something for seats you won't use instead of losing $320 or more on a pair.
    Maybe just make upper level transferable. No one is scalping those anyway. 
  • Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Posts: 266
    FW1 122 R15 pair up
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
  • Hopped Up said:
    Yeah the inability to sell *below* face is kind of baffling. I totally get setting an upper limit at the original price, but if people are desperate to sell and can't, who does that really help?
  • bluetuned said:
    Hopped Up said:
    Yeah the inability to sell *below* face is kind of baffling. I totally get setting an upper limit at the original price, but if people are desperate to sell and can't, who does that really help?
    Yeah, but you can't tell me there are people who might eat the 10 Club tickets to upgrade to another level, etc., or give the 10 Club tickets to friends and buy the upgraded tickets. It's the Wild West out there! Heck, I thought about it...
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    SHZA said:
    Hopped Up said:
    Maybe just make upper level transferable. No one is scalping those anyway. 
    and make PIT only available to 10C members even for F2F... as they are ONLY sold to 10C, decent lowers do sell premium and post 10c sale, so cant really do anything about those.. but PIT yes. could run it through login with Ticketstoday like the lottery sale. 
  • Well, I mean, this is why they made the majority floor seated. Why not sell more seated tickets?! If you left the whole floor open it's less money. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    edited August 2023
    Now they've added a "limited view" option to MSP for just one row in 110

EDIT: now 3 rows
    Post edited by aisleseats on
    edited August 2023
    Kwieneke said:
    SHZA said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Yeah, I'm surprised there are so many seats available for STP. I mean I'm flying all the way from NC for the shows, so I can't believe there aren't more people FROM the twin cities packing into that place. 
    should have been two nights in Indy instead. demand would change of course with two shows so its hard telling 
    The rumor was it was supposed to be back to back nights in Noblesville
    9 and 10 if i remember correctly? then the pumpkins took the 9th. 
    And have sold basically no tickets 
    just looked at the map. wow. thats pathetic 

Not that bad... ive seen worse.. attended worse.. should have seen the map for Noel G, and Garbage in June
    The funny thing is they'll find a way to fill those with Live Nation's "upgrade" program. At the STL amphitheater I was checking the seat map for Tears for Fears and there were rows of unsold tickets in the main center pavilion in the weeks before the show. I was waiting for prices to come down to buy, but then on the day of the show the unsold seats were disappearing from the map without price drops. I figured there's no way that many people just suddenly decided to buy at the last minute after not buying for months. I eventually bought one in the center section when there were only a few left. At the venue, I figured out where all the unsold pavilion seats went. They had a table set up where you could upgrade your lawn tickets to the pavilion for $10 or $20. Seems like an odd strategy but I guess they'd rather keep prices high and sell as many as they can, then basically give away the leftovers, rather then cut the price. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    bluetuned said:
    Hopped Up said:

It helps the band and TM. They have unsold inventory and they don't want competition. I don't know why some people struggle with this concept.
    edited August 2023
    Well, I mean, this is why they made the majority floor seated. Why not sell more seated tickets?! If you left the whole floor open it's less money. 
    more people fit in GA then if they put chairs there... the reverse would be make more capacity if the whole floor GA.. for FTW there are 850 pit tickets and 960 floor seats. and pit takes up about 40% of the floor space...  all GA could fit 2200, vrs current 1800 ( GA and Seats) ... 
    Post edited by craigraether on
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,873
    The Pumpkins headlined the night after PJ at SHN 2021 and the best part of that day by far was Billy Idol.  

If I’m doing a concert on Sept 9 it’s GNR in St Louis.  (Another show that has at best mediocre sales.). 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    The Pumpkins headlined the night after PJ at SHN 2021 and the best part of that day by far was Billy Idol.  

If I’m doing a concert on Sept 9 it’s GNR in St Louis.  (Another show that has at best mediocre sales.). 
    Or WEEN in Chicago that night, September 9th

I bought pit tickets to that GnR show at both the original ($375) and reduced prices ($149) and was fortunately able to sell both without a loss. Decided to see GnR instead on Sept 6 in Lexington (arena > baseball stadium) and go to N'ville a day earlier to get a jump on the GA line. 
  • bluetuned said:
    Hopped Up said:

It helps the band and TM. They have unsold inventory and they don't want competition. I don't know why some people struggle with this concept.
    Yeah but just allowing the ticket exchange in the first place at least partially nullifies the idea that they're more concerned about their own unsold inventory. Someone is always going to go for the better Face Value Exchange option than buying a last row nose bleed behind the stage, which is basically all that TM has left of their own inventory for Chicago N2 for example.

I agree that if TM has *a lot* of unsold inventory then you don't want the ticket exchange to undercut, but for the most popular shows it would make sense, particularly since TM is still taking their own cut on fees and such.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    That was weird. I just carted a single for AUS 4 times on my PC, and got a different error code each time. Then tried on my phone, and the sale went thru no problem.

Anyway, I'll be listing an aisle single in 113 for AUS1 here in just a few minutes, if anyone wants it.
    Standard tickets FTW2, 126, r21
    DICKIES 2 stndards, 120 row 3 and others 
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    That was weird. I just carted a single for AUS 4 times on my PC, and got a different error code each time. Then tried on my phone, and the sale went thru no problem.

Anyway, I'll be listing an aisle single in 113 for AUS1 here in just a few minutes, if anyone wants it.
    What row? Trying to get an extra next to a pair we have. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,643
    GA single up for FW1
    GA is gone. Have a 121 row 2 standard single in cart, going to release if anyone ISO 
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166

Looks like they released more rows of limited view seats in 110. You would think the view would be pretty clear from there
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
    I got my friend a little upgrade for FW1 (not the GA) so I am listing a single for sec 109 row 17. I hope someone here wants it and gets it.
  • Whoa! Just saw FW1 GA, pair come and go quick. Clicked and missed! LOL 

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
    GlowGirl said:
    GA single up for FW1
    Was this yours? do you have FTW2 or AUS singles to drop ?>
  • DZ15838DZ15838 Posts: 57
    More notice for GA FW1 please. Now you got to list your other one! ;)

What's faster mobile apps or website you think?
    DZ15838 said:
    More notice for GA FW1 please. Now you got to list your other one! ;)

What's faster mobile apps or website you think?
    Depends on the user. Don't think one is inherently faster than the other. Test with a stopwatch 
    GlowGirl said:
    GA single up for FW1
    Was this yours? do you have FTW2 or AUS singles to drop ?>
    No. This was not mine. I just saw it.

This discussion has been closed.