Face Value Ticket Exchange (F2F)

Comments

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,085
    Just kill me now. Best I've ever pulled in a lottery and I can't go. Both pairs for St Paul going up, GA for night 1 and Floor R, row 7 for night 2. Death, where are you? 😵
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Just kill me now. Best I've ever pulled in a lottery and I can't go. Both pairs for St Paul going up, GA for night 1 and Floor R, row 7 for night 2. Death, where are you? 😵
    Sorry you cant go...:( when are you posting? 

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,873
    Not trying for those tix but sorry about the bad luck.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Who got em, I missed ... 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    Who got em, I missed ... 
    Take a guess 
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 469
    Looks like there's some FLRL for STP2, but they're row 24
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Gonna post STP2 118 row 23 shortly. DM me if interested.
    SHZA said:
    Who got em, I missed ... 
    Take a guess 
    What, you need another T-shirt?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

SHZA said:
    Who got em, I missed ... 
    Take a guess 
    What, you need another T-shirt?
    Funny you mention it 

Ha 

• Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    If anyone is looking to move an Indy lawn (hit me up). My buddy keeps seeing them on TM but gets the "someone else has them in their cart" or whatever it says. After 4 days of that message whenever he sees one, he's a bit discouraged. 
  • goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Some more premiums dropped for STP1 in 118/102
    See I dont get that, why would they save these to 5 days before and price them at 292... makes NO sense... wouldnt you think all the close to the stage seats would be up first at 800 each... the marketing genius' at Ticketmaster 
    Hopefully 10c management is paying attention.  It’s potentially a waste of good tickets while 10c draw “winners” are further and further away.  
    Who do you think is approving of Premium? 
    I think the point was more that PJ management agrees to this to make money, not to see the held-back tickets handled in a way that feels mismanaged. 
    At the end of the day… if you are going to reserve the best seats for the 10c and the best in the house to those members who have been members the longest… it’s a little disappointing that the people who have been member for 20/25 years are pushed to worse seats so the 10c can sell “premium” tickets for $292 vs. $161. There’s no guarantee the $292 tickets will even sell. 

Other than that, it has to be nice to lower your face value when people paid more and now have little chance of getting their $500/$600 back because Ticketmaster can lower their ticket price but actual buyers can’t… 
    I basically agree with this but just a couple of things - 10c isn’t selling the premium tickets- TM is; and yes it is very shitty for people who have to
    eat the $600 premiums but at this point they only have themselves to blame - there have been plenty of “friends don’t let friends buy premium” discussions.  And the people who buy those premiums are the reason TM can continue to sell at those prices.  Anyway- first show in 4 days - can’t wait.  
    10c has to approve the selling of premium tickets. Ticketmaster sets the price. You can discuss in here all you want. Not everyone is on here. There’s plenty of fans that see the entirety of floor and lower sections sold out the second tickets go on sale to the public and panic buy… FFS… I see people on here buy premium tickets and immediately try to re-sell them because they got in a hurry and didn’t realize the price hike. I just don’t think if you want to sell what you paid.. and in many cases.. over paid for… you should be stuck with rules limiting what you can do when Ticketmaster has none of the same limitations.
  • danofundanofun Posts: 975
    Premium tickets prices, and their fluctuations, are directly managed by the tour’s promoters (i.e Universal, AEG, etc.)
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,641
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    See I dont get that, why would they save these to 5 days before and price them at 292... makes NO sense... wouldnt you think all the close to the stage seats would be up first at 800 each... the marketing genius' at Ticketmaster 
    Hopefully 10c management is paying attention.  It’s potentially a waste of good tickets while 10c draw “winners” are further and further away.  
    I think the point was more that PJ management agrees to this to make money, not to see the held-back tickets handled in a way that feels mismanaged. 
    At the end of the day… if you are going to reserve the best seats for the 10c and the best in the house to those members who have been members the longest… it’s a little disappointing that the people who have been member for 20/25 years are pushed to worse seats so the 10c can sell “premium” tickets for $292 vs. $161. There’s no guarantee the $292 tickets will even sell. 

Other than that, it has to be nice to lower your face value when people paid more and now have little chance of getting their $500/$600 back because Ticketmaster can lower their ticket price but actual buyers can’t… 
    I basically agree with this but just a couple of things - 10c isn’t selling the premium tickets- TM is; and yes it is very shitty for people who have to
    eat the $600 premiums but at this point they only have themselves to blame - there have been plenty of “friends don’t let friends buy premium” discussions.  And the people who buy those premiums are the reason TM can continue to sell at those prices.  Anyway- first show in 4 days - can’t wait.  
    10c has to approve the selling of premium tickets. Ticketmaster sets the price. You can discuss in here all you want. Not everyone is on here. There’s plenty of fans that see the entirety of floor and lower sections sold out the second tickets go on sale to the public and panic buy… FFS… I see people on here buy premium tickets and immediately try to re-sell them because they got in a hurry and didn’t realize the price hike. I just don’t think if you want to sell what you paid.. and in many cases.. over paid for… you should be stuck with rules limiting what you can do when Ticketmaster has none of the same limitations.
    I generally like the F2F option. But I agree that people should be able to lower the price to sell their tickets if they want. To me scalping is only selling above face value. As far as accidentally buying premiums it is really important to use the filters and uncheck the premium box and slide the price thing to the lowest price. Then the premiums won’t show up for you even if they are resale. Otherwise, TM makes it too easy to accidentally buy them in a FOMO frenzy. 
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    GlowGirl said:
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:

I generally like the F2F option. But I agree that people should be able to lower the price to sell their tickets if they want. To me scalping is only selling above face value. As far as accidentally buying premiums it is really important to use the filters and uncheck the premium box and slide the price thing to the lowest price. Then the premiums won’t show up for you even if they are resale. Otherwise, TM makes it too easy to accidentally buy them in a FOMO frenzy. 
    F2F should simply have a max price you can sell (what you paid). You should be allowed to sell it for any price less than that.
  • runstaplesrunstaples Posts: 469
    I see 102 row 25 for STP2 is listed 
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    In 2020, the fixed pricing for F2F felt like a loophole that TM exploited. Three years later it is clear PJ management is ok with it. That sucks. It's the fans who lose money while a legendarily shady corporation undersells them. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    GlowGirl said:
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:

F2F should simply have a max price you can sell (what you paid). You should be allowed to sell it for any price less than that.
    That would be competition. Which they don't want. It's ok for the band to sell at market price or undercut the competition, but no one else. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Anyone who pays the inflated price bears some blame but TMs tactics play a role as well. 
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:

That would be competition. Which they don't want. It's ok for the band to sell at market price or undercut the competition, but no one else. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Anyone who pays the inflated price bears some blame but TMs tactics play a role as well. 
    So, it's not about trying to stop scalping...
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    dmbolp said:
    Dead center 2nd row floor single for STP1

Welp, I just "downgraded" myself for MSP N1 to Floor Left, Row 8, Seat 1 on the inside aisle, with an aisle in front of the row (probably people walking thru all night long) and right next to the soundboard.  I'm all about being on the aisle, and not having someone directly in front of me; I need my space :)

I figure moving back 6 rows was worth it 

Happy to try and time the release of the above single. 
    Aisle seats, space and sightlines. So much more important to me than being super close. 

SHZA said:
    GlowGirl said:
    goblues82 said:
    goblues82 said:
    JimmyV said:
    tylerj said:
    jwhjr17 said:

So, it's not about trying to stop scalping...
    I'll give credit where it's due. F2F is a win against scalping and for fans who put in the effort to get tickets. Without the face value resale, GAs and any prime seat would cost a fortune. But the price floor, on Premium resale especially, locks consumers into some pretty harsh losses and eliminates competition in that segment 
    JimmyV said:
    Aisle seats, space and sightlines. So much more important to me than being super close. 
    Yep, I don't mind being squished on center rail; otherwise give me my space! :)
  • F2F has allowed someone like me who just joined paid 10C the opportunity to have 2 nights in GA at the same price as the upper arena tickets that I would have had if I "won" the ticket lottery. It has flaws but the alternative would probably be worse.
    F2F has allowed someone like me who just joined paid 10C the opportunity to have 2 nights in GA at the same price as the upper arena tickets that I would have had if I "won" the ticket lottery. It has flaws but the alternative would probably be worse.
    Absolutely. There are pros and cons, but you can make a case the pros far outweigh anything else. 

• The F2F is a great thing.
    dmbolp said:
    Dead center 2nd row floor single for STP1

Posting this now before TM floods the market
    and Sold
  • Posting a 118, row 11 seat 17 single, one off the aisle.
    MN N2
    Still trying to get to the pit, but shza.
    116 single Chicago 2 
This discussion has been closed.